NueMD Logo

Electronic health record software for medical practitioners

NueMD Reviews

Suggested alternatives

athenaclinicals
nextgen-ambulatory-ehr
nextgen-enterprise

What I like most about this product, It's very user friendly, Customer support is at your finger tips, love the tutorials, quick is easy scheduling and billing.
However, the training staff was very friendly and helpful. I was so impressed with this software and its support staff, that I have since switched to this software for my own billing company.
We are so happy with NueMD. Their Fantastic Training is KEY to efficiently using it's attributes.
It is frustrating when canceling appointments, if they are scheduled for multiple different disciplines. It's especially frustrating when discharging and having to cancel multiple appointments.
NueMD was a mistake from the beginning but we kept trying to make it work. Inaccurate promises of thousands of documentation templates, poor customer service, inaccurate billing, poor scrubbing.
Incorrect billing charges and incorrect EHR charges multiple months that I had to correct them on.

Sabrina C.

Office Admin

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Easy to use and useful.

Transcript

Sabrina C.: My name's Sabrina. I'm an office admin assistant, and I give NueMD four out of five stars....

JT

John T.

Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees

I sought customer service when the Nue MD application I use multiple times per day on my MAC laptop stopped working unexpectedly. After first seeking assistance from our group's external IT contractors - their response was not as timely as I needed, nor did they have sufficient knowledge of the software to immediately diagnose the problem - our organization's billing specialist suggested I call Nue...

KG

Kelly G.

Frustrating

Pros

The system has a very clean layout. It is easy to use and you can easily transition from one task to another with minimal mouse clicks.

Cons

The customer service seems to be lacking. Especially during set up and withing the EDI department. There is a lack of communication on their end. It will take months to get it up and running and you will be paying for a service you may not be utilizing yet. We are currently in transition and adding a lot of new providers. We have been paying for the billing service without being able to use it. We...

I'm sorry to hear about this, Kelly. Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. Please email me at jen@nuemd.com. I would love to discuss this further.

KP

Krystal P.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Not bad

It was okay, I wish the product was easier to use because billing is great.

Pros

The claims processing and support are great

Cons

SOAP notes are difficult to process, printing records can be monotonous.

RC

Robin C.

Medical Practice,

Riverside Billing Service, Inc. Review of NueMD

Pros

NueMD is user-friendly for all ages. Our practices encompass staff of all ages, some of whom may never have used a computer and were still able to use most functions. The demographic screen is easily understood, as is the insurance screen. I like the fact that as a billing service for the provider, I am able to assign the office staff certain fields to fill in, and I am able to complete the information...

Cons

Some of the reports are confusing to find until you run them routinely. Once you have mastered what you are looking for, it's smooth sailing.

KD

Kimar D.

Medical Practice,

NueMD. The answer to my PM needs.

Pros

I love NueMD's user-friendly Practice Management software and their Technical Support/Customer Service Team. The application is a breeze to learn, use, and teach to new staff members. I wear multiple hats in my office, and NueMD makes it very easy for me to switch between hats without being overwhelmed. With a system like this, I don't really need support anymore. However, a support team member is...

Cons

NueMD software comes with a billboard feature on the home screen. A notification pops up whenever a new message/update/news is received. It's okay for the vendor to want to keep all clients informed but I'm never excited to see that "new message" notice on my screen when I log in first thing in the morning. Then I have to retype my password to confirm I've read it instead of just closing it out. Of course, this feature can be changed though the main admin account; however, I'm still not a fan of this little feature.

MC

Misty C.

THEY DON'T CARE

Pros

I love the user friendly function of the system. The billing portion ins great to use. The tickets are easy to get out. I really dont have anything else to add

Cons

The customer service is horrible. I've called and emailed many times with no response. When I first started using Nuemed they were amazing and actually cared about helping a new client. I guess because I'm a small business owner and only have four provider with them, I'm no longer a priority. When my contracts are up I will find another company.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback, Misty. I'd like to sincerely apologize for our unresponsiveness. Due to technical difficulties on behalf of Capterra's website, we were not able to view to this review sooner. We would greatly appreciate an opportunity to resolve this. Please reach out to me directly at jen@nuemd.com.

TB

Tiffanie B.

Very User Friendly

Every time an update takes place we get better and better features! I love that you always have the most current version and it's super easy to use. It is a great product and I've billed on several different billing software's. It is by far my favorite to use!

Pros

It's ease of use. It's very easy to use and not super complicated. Bills don't get lost in the system or work ques.

Cons

I would like to see more features added with mass updates to claims. When I'm turning a patient to collections I'd like to be able to move an entire patient with one click rather than each date individually. Also when changing a patient's claims back to insurance after they were turned to patient, it would be nice to mass update the entire account rather than status each claim.

KM

Kathryn M.

Best Billing Software!

I have used NueMD for about 10 years with several different specialties - OBGYN, Family Practice, Urgent Care, Psych. It has worked extremely well for all practices. I have a small medical billing company, but I also do a lot of training for billing and coding. Using NueMD makes training easy! All of NueMD's support staff - from Sales to Technical Suport - are quick to respond and help! NueMD is definitely my preferred vendor! They make me look good!!

Pros

Ease of setting up new practice and getting both Front Desk and Billing Staff working quickly.

Cons

I do not like having to wait for reports - especially since most of my clients are pretty small practices, but not all reports are set up that way.

Lacee J.

NueMD - FMO

We have a lot of claims that have been rejected and timely filing this year that we have never received any notification on needing to send information or to even let us know what is going on. I have to constantly stay on top of claims from over a year ago that I still have yet to get answers on why the insurance has not paid them yet. We have a new girl working on our stuff again and she has been...

Cons

Hi Lacee, Thank you for posting your review. I'm sorry you are experiencing issues, but it sounds like things are getting better. I have asked one of our representatives to contact you so we can ensure you're taken care of quickly.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Baseline program

The program is being used to manage appointments and billing for a medical office setting.

Pros

The program has quick visual displays to easily navigate between screens. It allows different functionality for different users of the product within the office setting.

Cons

It takes a long time to load. It requires the use of JAVA. Some of the features are not intuitive to use. Appointment slots can be double booked without staff knowing if multiple staff book appointments at the same time.

BC

Brandi C.

Customer service is atrocious

We have used this software since 2013. We purchased the EHR portion over a year ago and were REQUIRED to receive the training that came with it - for an additional cost. The trainer was never aware of what was discussed in previous meetings and to date has never completed the requirements to access e-prescribing or e- lab results. Numerous follow ups and we are told the paperwork was never received....

Pros

data entry for demographics

Cons

the customer support, the EHR encounter building

Hello Brandi, Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that your experience has fallen below NueMD's standards. We would love an opportunity to make this up to you and will be reaching out to you directly. In the meantime, if you have any other comments or questions please email me at jen@nuesoft.com. Thank you for your time, Jen

OL

Oana L.

Financial Services, self-employed

OK for the money

It's an OK value for the money but I cannot picture using this for large practices - to little stigmatization

Pros

Grate clearinghouse, no claim issues in 2 years of use. Intuitive and easy ton access anywhere - I even logged in when I traveled abroad.

Cons

to many screen changes to complete an action, no capability of saving stm., no capability of organizing the scanned docs, when you try to pull up previous RA you have to log out and log back in otherwise it will not generate the list. A bit cumbersome to post adjustments as it does not take negative payment and you have to figure out how to enter recoup amounts. Does not update claim status when claims Cross over from medicare - this has to be done manually.

RC

Robert C.

Mental Health Care,

Good at first...

Pros

The NueMD software is usually good although we have run into glitches and errors that interrupt getting work done. It is easy to learn and understand. I really liked the platform and would have stayed if they didn't have such terrible customer service.

Cons

The customer service is atrocious. They were very accommodating in the sales phase but as soon as we were in contract, everything changed. We have to constantly follow up on any request or question and it takes weeks to hear a response. We requested that one of our facilities not be renewed as we were no longer billing for that facility. Not only was the contract automatically renewed, we were made...

BS

Blake S.

Ideal Solution for your Practice Manager needs

Our practice has been a NueMD client for several years now and we have never looked back. NueMD is a great Practice Manager platform that adapts to nearly any practice type / specialty yet remains EXTREMELY user-friendly and functional. More often than not these days, vendors design systems that are overly cumbersome or too rigid for practical application. Just within our company, NueMD has successfully...

Cons

Hello Blake, thanks for leaving us a review! We are very pleased that our product works with your company on so many levels. We work hard to be available for our customers and love hearing from you!

PS

PEGGY S.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

GREAT MEDICAL OFFICE SOFTWARE

My office has used NueMD for approxmately 8 years and I can honestly say the transition in to the program from our old software was seamless. It is the best software I have every used and would recommend it to anyone looking to update.

Pros

Their support system is always available if you have any questions, whether it be a representative on the phone or online assistance, I have never had an issued contacting them.

Cons

I cannot say we have ever had any issues with this product.

Thanks for your feedback, Peggy. We're happy to hear this!

JN

Julie N.

This software is very user friendly

Fast and easy to use.

Pros

The thing I like most about this software is that it is easy to use, anyone can learn it quickly which saves me time on training employees. I also really like the support staff, you can call or do live chat.

Cons

The least I like about the software is that all my clients do not use it. I do work on other systems for some other clients and this one is by far the best.

SF

Stacy F.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

For someone who started a job not really knowing anything about a computer new MD was very easy to use for somebody who is a beginner

Pros

Customer support, being able to do a live chat, promptness of a response. And easy navigation. Also the updates that are available to read.

Cons

As far as the cons oh, I wish there were more email lines especially when a client has more than one email or split parents. And also an extra line on the memo underneath the email to add additional contacts for that patient.

NB

Nicole B.

NueMD overview

Great product! Customer service needs a little more work but overall I would recommend this product.

Pros

This product is very easy to learn and very functional for the day to day office use and practice management.

Cons

Customer service doesn't always respond to tickets that are emailed to them. If they do respond there is never follow up to make sure the issue was totally resolved.

DE

Duyen E.

Medical Practice, 201-500 employees

Easy as 1, 2 3

extra buttons for expired insurances only

Pros

As a beginner computer literate person, it was very simple to follow the set up, as putting patient in, their insurance information and any documents.

Cons

in the notes tab, I would like to see where we can put the lines in order of how it would be easier for us in general to read and set apart

MA

Melissa A.

Product is Good Customer Service BAD

Pros

Product is easy to use navigating is easy. The sales rep was the best part of the entire experience.

Cons

Before you get to the product you have to deal with customer service and training which is the WORSE out of 20yrs billing this is the WORST customer service I have every dealt with. Training is HORRIBLE!! I had a total of 3 training sessions with 3 different people and all 3 said something different on the same topic. I did not know who to listen to.

Hi, Melissa. I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I would love to discuss this further. Please send an email to jen@nuemd.com and we can set up a phone call. I look forward to speaking with you.

SF

Stacy F.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

My experiences been good very accommodating and easy to navigate

I learned a lot

Pros

The customer support is top-notch. Easy navigation from screen to screen, easy to set up new codes, very easy to use for a new beginner

Cons

Comments on the patient page info example it could use another email section. Also more room for comments when a client has multiple contacts

NB

Nicole B.

Awesome product

Customer service has really stepped up their game.

Pros

The ease of this product is unbelievable. I have never utilized such a user friendly software program.

Cons

Because this is cloud based my internet isn’t always as fast as I would like for using this program.

JW

Jake W.

Not for DC's

If you are coding for PT or DC codes the built in "scrubber" to help insurance approval is no better than any other software and it doesn't catch really any mistakes. Like I said, if you're a normal MD going about your day, i'm sure it's fine. Other than that keep looking.

Pros

This is obviously a well funded software that has thought of nearly everything when it comes to the standard medical office visit. The billing/insurance tools are really good... for MD codes.

Cons

If you are not a standard medical practitioner don't even bother. The customization is very limited and not comprehensive enough to be accepted by most insurances (especially PI cases). While it does initially have a fresh new look when you actually start using it you realize it is very click/drop-down heavy. The end result for a specialized clinic notes is less than adequate. I end up having to do a lot of typing to fill in gaps where the software doesn't even have an for macros or hot keys.

MF

Megain F.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Always easy to use

Pros

It is always user friendly, which helps keep thing running very smoothly. Which makes the work day better.

Cons

It freezes up sometimes, while using it. Which can be very annoying and delay your work day. But not always

KE

Karla E.

Financial Services,

A review from the perspective of a billing and coding specialist.

Pros

NueMD is fairly straightforward and user-friendly. There are Guru Guides that can help the user step by step with how the product works that I found both useful for training and troubleshooting. The claims log can alert you to any potential claim errors long before you would receive a remittance from the insurance carrier, and the home screen has a quick and easy display that enables users to navigate the software effortlessly.

Cons

My only complaint with this product is that there is very little claim customization (Billing Manager screen-CMS 1500 tab). This can be problematic with some claims, especially MSP.