NueMD

Electronic health record software for medical practitioners

NueMD Reviews

Pros

After reading positive customer reviews, we contracted with NueMD and haven't looked back. Our NueMD Billing Specialist Team is always available, helpful, and friendly when we need them and friendly.

Elizabeth B.

We are so happy with NueMD. Their Fantastic Training is KEY to efficiently using it's attributes.

Marlene S.

I would highly recommend it to any medical practice that is looking for great quality, great price, ease of use and ample resource options with regards to questions and concerns.

Kari K.

Cons

It is frustrating when canceling appointments, if they are scheduled for multiple different disciplines. It's especially frustrating when discharging and having to cancel multiple appointments.

Christina R.

NueMD was a mistake from the beginning but we kept trying to make it work. Inaccurate promises of thousands of documentation templates, poor customer service, inaccurate billing, poor scrubbing.

Marvin S.

Incorrect billing charges and incorrect EHR charges multiple months that I had to correct them on.

Fast set up and implementation

Just like everyone else I was very skeptical with choosing a billing software. I feel that it is an important decision especially for a growing clinic. I choose NueMd because of its ease of use and training available. They help you to set up your business information as well as answer questions along the way. There is always someone available to help in the chat or they are very prompt to return your phone call.

Pros

Training, multiple users, access anywhere with an Internet connection, fast set up and implementation.

Cons

Learning a new software.

Ease of NueMD

I am a non college graduate that has no issues using this product. It is very easy to understand and effortless to use. i would recommend this to any office.

Pros

NueMD is made for ease of use. I feel the color coding for different types of transactions makes it easier to visually determine what action may be needed next. Such as; insurance updates, payments received, or is the patient ready to be scheduled. I also feel the speed buttons make it faster to negotiate around the patient file; such as: am i updating insurance info, or do i need to add an a service to what was received, or do i need to add a memo.

Cons

They only thing i find for this product that i don't like about this product is in the financials. If you see a patient many times over the years the financial page can get very long. If there was a feature that once the ticket is closed it can be downsized or fan or cascade close. Giving you the option to review later or skip over intirely.

Not intuitive - NOT designed for Medical Doctors

Make a list of the basic task the doctor does to complete a chart. Then ask them to show you how they perform that task. Don't be like me and take for granted that a doctor can pull up a med, and see the mg dosing, or use a simple auto correct, or upload and save a form without waiting so long it delays your intake. Perhaps choose another software that is actually designed for medical doctors.

Pros

Looks professional and has nice colors. It has caused us to become creative and design our own "work arounds", which are costly to our practice but necessary to use this software.

Cons

The software freezes constantly requiring to reload it. The pharmacy meds are listed by full name, then NDC, then mg. They list a multitude of NDC numbers that the doc has to "choose" in order to auto fill. Cannot see the mg of med because the window is so small, requiring the doc to scroll down and across to find the right med. What doctor will know the NDC no. the pharmacist will use? A mystery!...

Would highly recommend NueMD for your Practice Management. A++++++++++++++

I am the Office Manager here at a pediatrics office and I absolutely love this software. The majority of my time consists of the patient billing: entering of charges, posting of payments and printing of reports. Each of these are very simple to easy to use. My ONLY complaint is that searching for a diagnosis code, then inserting into the claim is a bit cumbersome. Still haven't mastered it yet,...

Cons

Hey Tami, thanks so much for the review! It's great to know that you appreciate Dotty as much as us here at NueMD!

A Medical Software I would highly recommend

I am no computer guru, nor do I aspire to be. That is actually the beauty of NueMD. With the technology constantly changing and updates in the medical industry constantly being made, this is the perfect software in which you don't have to worry about keeping up with those changes. I had to do re-search for a new software program for our surgical assist practice. We wanted something internet based...

Cons

Thanks for the review Kari! We love also the manageability of our cloud based software!

WANT SOMETHING GREAT ? CHOOSE NUEMD !

USING THIS PRODUCT IS EASY AND STRESS FREE, WHICH IS VERY NICE IN THE ENVIROMENT OF THE WORK PLACE. ANYTHING THAT MAKES THE JOB EASY IS FOR ME

Pros

I LIKE HOW EASY IT IS TO NAVIGATE THROUGH AND ALSO BEING ABLE TO CHAT LIVE WHEN I HAVE A PROBLEM.

Cons

NOT BEING ABLE TO TRANSFER DATA FROM ONE PLACE TO ANOTHER.

Thanks for your feedback, Michele. We're happy to hear that you're enjoying our product.

Software Advice

NueMD software has been very user friendly for me. I like that it offers the ability to: 1. Upload .pdf images directly to a patients ticket so that NueMD can immediately see it. 2. When scanning the days EOB's and Super Bills they are stored indefinitely for easy viewing if I need to go back and look at them. 3. Ability to print a report daily which reflects any tickets on hold so that I can immediately...

Cons

Thanks for the great feedback Terry! I will make sure the product team sees this and can make the product even better!

Nue md Easy to use software

I am a medical biller and use 3 different systems for my job. Nue MD is the most user friendly software, where I can enter all my claims , payments without any problems. The reports are numerous and very informative for my clients. Everything is easy to find and if I have a question about anything, an answer is always a click away. Honestly I have not used a better medical system, I can clearly find anything I need to keep the accounts clean and accurate. My only con would be the pricing for smaller companies, it is a large setup fee for small offices that do not see that many patients. This is why I have 3 different systems to accommodate the smaller physicians. Overall a wonderful product for medical billing and I have never had a problem with service or software.

Cons

Thanks for the feedback Cheryl! Glad we were able to create reports that are informative and understandable to you and your payers.

Excellent Choice

As an Administrator in The Healthcare Industry, I believe that is very important that you have a reliable Practice Management program that will simplify and works according to your standards. That is what NueMD is for us, a Practice Management Program that is always reliable in all aspects of our operations. An easy to use, easy to train and Triple "A" Customer Service. You can concentrate in your work and not worry about any technical margin error, even if is any you can rest assure is going to get corrected in no time so you can keep your daily tasks with almost no interruption, and this is what I call an "Excellence Choice"

Cons

Hi Billy, thanks for the review!

Great Software

It helped me grow my business a lot, offers a great lot of opportunities

Pros

The product is very easy to use, it's is very convenient and customer satisfactory

Cons

It should improve more on its customers service, great app by the way

User Friendly Software with Great Pricing Options

I found this software for a client that wanted to use a software that would integrate with their existing Practice Fusion EHR and after some research, we chose NueMD for this practice. This software is very user friendly. I was able to set up the system with the little assistance needed from their training department. However, the training staff was very friendly and helpful! I was so impressed...

Pros

Pricing, ease of setup and use, claims management screen is a great tool, EHR integration, pricing, support staff, amazing user guides!, clearinghouse included, oh and did I mention GREAT PRICING??!! One of the best assets of NueMD is the New Account rep, Michael Palmer! What an amazing rep! He stays with you until the end of your set up. He follows up with you on a regular basis to ensure all aspects are being completed as quickly as possible. I have never experienced that before. Usually, once you are handed off to the training and setup, you don't hear from the New Account rep. Not the case with this company. Mr. Palmer is wonderful!

Cons

A/R report lacks patient information. This is frustrating for old-school billers like me that love their reports, but the claims management screen tend to make that a non-issue as all the information you need is on that screen and that screen has all the claims on your reports. Reports, while they can be customized and sorted, there are limited choices in the customizing and sorting. They do have additional reporting packages though if you need advanced reporting. You can only have one session open at a time. Some billers like to have multiple sessions open so that they can field calls while still working on other things without losing a place.

NueMD. The answer to my PM needs.

Pros

I love NueMD's user-friendly Practice Management software and their Technical Support/Customer Service Team. The application is a breeze to learn, use, and teach to new staff members. I wear multiple hats in my office, and NueMD makes it very easy for me to switch between hats without being overwhelmed. With a system like this, I don't really need support anymore. However, a support team member is...

Cons

NueMD software comes with a billboard feature on the home screen. A notification pops up whenever a new message/update/news is received. It's okay for the vendor to want to keep all clients informed but I'm never excited to see that "new message" notice on my screen when I log in first thing in the morning. Then I have to retype my password to confirm I've read it instead of just closing it out. Of course, this feature can be changed though the main admin account; however, I'm still not a fan of this little feature.

Frustrating

Pros

The system has a very clean layout. It is easy to use and you can easily transition from one task to another with minimal mouse clicks.

Cons

The customer service seems to be lacking. Especially during set up and withing the EDI department. There is a lack of communication on their end. It will take months to get it up and running and you will be paying for a service you may not be utilizing yet. We are currently in transition and adding a lot of new providers. We have been paying for the billing service without being able to use it. We...

I'm sorry to hear about this, Kelly. Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. Please email me at jen@nuemd.com. I would love to discuss this further.

Great billing software

So far this is the best billing software that I have used. I was using a different software prior to the switch and I love it! Nuemd is so easy to learn and use. It makes claims and billing go so much faster. They really do have it figured out to help out with production. I have recommended this product to several other physician offices. The scheduler is very easy to customize to any practice schedule....

Pros

It was very easy to learn and use. Very effective product for our multi-location office. Great product support. Claims are processed quickly and rejections are down to almost none!

Cons

There is not much that I do not like!! This really is a great product. No complaints on my end so far and I have been using it for 2 years.

Riverside Billing Service, Inc. Review of NueMD

Pros

NueMD is user-friendly for all ages. Our practices encompass staff of all ages, some of whom may never have used a computer and were still able to use most functions. The demographic screen is easily understood, as is the insurance screen. I like the fact that as a billing service for the provider, I am able to assign the office staff certain fields to fill in, and I am able to complete the information...

Cons

Some of the reports are confusing to find until you run them routinely. Once you have mastered what you are looking for, it's smooth sailing.

So Happy with NueMD

NueMd has taken the stress out of our claims and payment cycles. Our previous biller was holding claims for 2 weeks before sending them out and then never followed up on the transmissions that didn't go through. We rarely have errors with NueMD and if something gets kicked out by the Clearing House it is easy to identify and correct. We are able to send our claims out in 1 day and receive payments in 3-21 days.

Pros

We brought our billing in-house, and the training and support offered really eased the transition. NueMD made sure we had our accounts set up correctly and walked us through all the steps. I highly encourage purchasing the training if you are nervous about doing this yourself. They provided a workbook and weekly training sessions to make sure we would succeed.

Cons

There are some reports that would be nice features as we are facing QPP. I would love to have a report to print address labels for my patients, and a report that links encounters, dx codes, patient name and our Practice Fusion chart number. We are working with a Qualified Registry and this is something they need to pull data for the quality measures.

I sought customer service when the Nue MD application I use multiple times per day on my MAC laptop stopped working unexpectedly. After first seeking assistance from our group's external IT contractors - their response was not as timely as I needed, nor did they have sufficient knowledge of the software to immediately diagnose the problem - our organization's billing specialist suggested I call Nue...

2.5 years EMR use, longer for appointment modules

Pros

The support staff is always pleasant. The appointment modules are intuitive, and allow a for separation of modules -- for us mental health versus clinic versus training room) as well as allowing configuration for overnight night patients.

Cons

We are a 24/7 facility, and with only designated individuals authorized to interact with support staff, a problem at 10 PM Friday night stays a problem until the next week. We used to be able to call anytime, but they changed that. The staff has been notified that the time and date change over to the following day at 8PM EST in some modules (though not in others), requiring manual entry in the text...

Mindy- Thank you for posting your review! I have passed on your concerns and suggestions to our Product team, and I will be in touch with you once they have an update available for you. Thanks again for writing this review, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Love this practice management software. Going on 5+ years

Pros

The ease of use makes this software perfect. It meets all of our billing/reporting needs for a five-provider medical practice. The support from NueMD has been awesome. They offer an online chat support feature, which eliminates so many "phone tag" and voicemail frustrations. The ongoing support in the EDI department for keeping the cashflow going is outstanding. I have had no problem training the staff, including my providers.

Cons

I really do not have any true complaints about the product or vendor. I do have some wishes, such that are probably practice specific for reporting or functionality things that would pertain to this practice. For instances, I would love more options for content and set up on monthly statements. But overall, I feel the product is excellent.

THEY DON'T CARE

Pros

I love the user friendly function of the system. The billing portion ins great to use. The tickets are easy to get out. I really dont have anything else to add

Cons

The customer service is horrible. I've called and emailed many times with no response. When I first started using Nuemed they were amazing and actually cared about helping a new client. I guess because I'm a small business owner and only have four provider with them, I'm no longer a priority. When my contracts are up I will find another company.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback, Misty. I'd like to sincerely apologize for our unresponsiveness. Due to technical difficulties on behalf of Capterra's website, we were not able to view to this review sooner. We would greatly appreciate an opportunity to resolve this. Please reach out to me directly at jen@nuemd.com.

Since we upgraded to NueMD my Insurance reimbursement rate went up..

Pros

I like everything about NueMD. The billing software is so easy. My reimbursement rate went up to 98%. The scheduling side is great. I like the color coding for each apt size. When ever I have been stuck on anything they have helped me with live chat or on the phone and even email. I am the office manger and biller. So I do all my billing at home and sometimes real late. When I have had an issue, I would email them and the next day when I returned to work in my mail box would be the fix to my problem.

Cons

I really have nothing bad to say about them. I was a little disappointed when NueMD and Sevocity Broke up. We had did keep Sevocity as our EHR. We have not looked into NeuMD's EHR. But if it is anything like the billing and scheduling it will be wonderful. I have nothing bad to say about the customer support. They are amazing and always so friendly.

Very User Friendly

Every time an update takes place we get better and better features! I love that you always have the most current version and it's super easy to use. It is a great product and I've billed on several different billing software's. It is by far my favorite to use!

Pros

It's ease of use. It's very easy to use and not super complicated. Bills don't get lost in the system or work ques.

Cons

I would like to see more features added with mass updates to claims. When I'm turning a patient to collections I'd like to be able to move an entire patient with one click rather than each date individually. Also when changing a patient's claims back to insurance after they were turned to patient, it would be nice to mass update the entire account rather than status each claim.

solo practicing physician having nothing but headaches with NueMD's nonfunctional EHR, technical issues with eprescribing, no eLabs, and 2 days to get support

There are a lot of bogus reviews to increase the ratings that NueMD is likely putting on the web. Why would an appliance company be using EHR and medical billing software and giving them 5 stars? Buyer beware!!!!

Pros

The only pro is that the billing software is easy to use. If you are only using this software for billing, it is straightforward and the clearing house has sped up claims processing for my practice.

Cons

The salesman gave me misinformation on cost and functionality during the demo so read your contract carefully. Training is minimal and must be scheduled during business hours. Getting support takes 1-2 business days and may require you to schedule an appointment at their convenience. One trainer was not available during an hour I had cancelled patient appointments to train. Employees have a very...

Best Billing Software!

I have used NueMD for about 10 years with several different specialties - OBGYN, Family Practice, Urgent Care, Psych. It has worked extremely well for all practices. I have a small medical billing company, but I also do a lot of training for billing and coding. Using NueMD makes training easy! All of NueMD's support staff - from Sales to Technical Suport - are quick to respond and help! NueMD is definitely my preferred vendor! They make me look good!!

Pros

Ease of setting up new practice and getting both Front Desk and Billing Staff working quickly.

Cons

I do not like having to wait for reports - especially since most of my clients are pretty small practices, but not all reports are set up that way.

Terrible customer service, overpriced for small practices

At first, I was skeptical because they require $500 per month to use their software, but I couldn't find any other solutions, so I went with them. They were helpful and lots of people reaching out to me to get set up, which was helpful. My first billing specialist just dropped off the planet, and I had to reach out, after about 3 weeks of not hearing from her, to the company to find out what was happening...

Pros

Nothing. It was difficult to use. Adding new DX codes required communication with a billing specialist. I had to dig deep to find old accounts and whether they were paid or not

Cons

Software was fine, but really difficult to use, as I'm a doctor and not an IT person. I had to call everytime I needed help with something