NueMD Reviews

NueMD

Electronic health record software for medical practitioners

NueMD

NueMD opinion

Pros

It has simple navigation when needing to locate and track patients for appointments or other medical needs. The billing program is quick and simplified, and it does not allow room for basic errors because of the design of the software.

Cons

For some reason, the system does freeze fairly frequently. The only solution is to shut down and reboot, which does make it extremely inconvenient at times. Also, we do not use EMR at this time for the University setting. Because I really haven't found much that I didn't like, that would be something that would make the system more complete for me. I am not that knowledgeable regarding the reporting features. It is not that I am dissatisfied, but a bit inexperienced with the specifics. Support is also average, but that is because I have not had too many reasons to call upon them. Billing could be a little more supportive, but again, I have no immediate problems, so overall, it is an easy software program.

NueMD Great for the small practice

NueMD is easy to use. Its has an a great deal of resources for big and small practices. Its customer service is fast, friendly and extremely knowledgeable.

Pros

Great resources available for the small practice. A lot of automated features that enables a small practice to keep up with the fast paced ever changing health industry.

Cons

My experiences been good very accommodating and easy to navigate

I learned a lot

Pros

The customer support is top-notch. Easy navigation from screen to screen, easy to set up new codes, very easy to use for a new beginner

Cons

Comments on the patient page info example it could use another email section. Also more room for comments when a client has multiple contacts

Owner of a billing company

they over charge and don't fix their billing mistakes. They lock you into a contract, for a billing service that doesn't work.

Pros

Cons

being locked into a contract.

Thanks for your feedback, Karen. I'm sorry to hear about about your experience. Please email me at jen@nuemd.com and we can set up a call to discuss this futher. I look forward to speaking with you.

A review from the perspective of a billing and coding specialist.

Pros

NueMD is fairly straightforward and user-friendly. There are Guru Guides that can help the user step by step with how the product works that I found both useful for training and troubleshooting. The claims log can alert you to any potential claim errors long before you would receive a remittance from the insurance carrier, and the home screen has a quick and easy display that enables users to navigate the software effortlessly.

Cons

My only complaint with this product is that there is very little claim customization (Billing Manager screen-CMS 1500 tab). This can be problematic with some claims, especially MSP.

Need NueMD Changes

The ease is nice but I need more features for the claims; such as a preview before they get sent off and get denied for some small reason.

Pros

The submission of the claims in real time helps a lot!!

Cons

Simple changes to the UB04 form for corrected claims takes too long to finish up and then send out.

Hello, Roger. Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. I would love a chance to speak with you about this further. Please email me at jen@nuemd.com and we can arrange a call. I look forward to speaking with you!

My NueMD Reveiw

I'm Very Happy using NueMD, very user friendly and customer service is always there to help, when ever there is any issue customer service is always there to help

Pros

everything, can't go wrong with NueMD

Cons

there is really nothing I do not like about this software

Thanks for sharing, Tina! We're happy to have you as a customer.

Awesome product

Customer service has really stepped up their game.

Pros

The ease of this product is unbelievable. I have never utilized such a user friendly software program.

Cons

Because this is cloud based my internet isn’t always as fast as I would like for using this program.

Not for DC's

If you are coding for PT or DC codes the built in "scrubber" to help insurance approval is no better than any other software and it doesn't catch really any mistakes. Like I said, if you're a normal MD going about your day, i'm sure it's fine. Other than that keep looking.

Pros

This is obviously a well funded software that has thought of nearly everything when it comes to the standard medical office visit. The billing/insurance tools are really good... for MD codes.

Cons

If you are not a standard medical practitioner don't even bother. The customization is very limited and not comprehensive enough to be accepted by most insurances (especially PI cases). While it does initially have a fresh new look when you actually start using it you realize it is very click/drop-down heavy. The end result for a specialized clinic notes is less than adequate. I end up having to do a lot of typing to fill in gaps where the software doesn't even have an for macros or hot keys.

Always easy to use

Pros

It is always user friendly, which helps keep thing running very smoothly. Which makes the work day better.

Cons

It freezes up sometimes, while using it. Which can be very annoying and delay your work day. But not always

Best Billing software I have used!

So far this is the best billing software that I have used. I was using Lytec prior to the switch and I love it! Nuemd is so easy to learn and use. It makes claims and billing go so much faster. They really do have it figured out to help out with production. I have recommended this product to several other physician offices. The scheduler is very easy to customize to any practice schedule. Easy to use with multiple locations with out confusion!

Pros

Nuemd was very easy to adjust to. Learning it was so easy and there is such great product support. Nuemd helps make the billing so much more effective and claims are paid a lot quicker with fewer rejected claims. Also I LOVE that it is web based that way you can access it anywhere with internet. That makes a big difference with multiple locations.

Cons

There is not much that I do not like!! This really is a great product.

Product review

Pros

The software is easy to use and have all the options to make my work mush easier. Anywhere you navigate to in the software you can go back to your original position without problem. Another thing I love about this software is that it is hard to loose information because it prompt you for information before you move on.

Cons

What I like least about the software is that in insurance, I still have a problem when I have a regular insurance and then I want to add a onetime car insurance claim, I have issues to make the pip ins just for that one insurance claim.

Great Product

I enjoy using Nuemed. It seems to be a lot better than the previous billing softwares I have used. This system is tailored more to user functionality and allows me to track and schedule my patient reports easily.

Pros

It is easy for me to do my billing capabilities on.

Cons

The system seems to freeze unexpectedly and requires me to log out to fix it.

Thanks for your feedback, Alex! We're happy to hear you're enjoying our product. NueMD takes client feedback seriously.

Look Elsewhere- Not worth your valuable time and money!

Product itself not too bad and has some pros on easy functionality- however the best system does not stand alone without a competent support team.

Pros

Easy to Use- billing and scheduling in one program is great.

Cons

Too many things to list, but in a nutshell the follow up and communication from account managers, billing services and client services is a headache. From emails to calls, these people seem to enjoy ignoring their clients for some reason- and when you do get contact, they are not the most helpful (interruptive , rude, do not address by credentials by phone or email). Incorrect billing charges and incorrect EHR charges multiple months that I had to correct them on. Lastly, getting your information and records from them when terminating contract is like trying to capture a unicorn-impossible. Do your research on other EHR/billing software and save yourself plenty of hassle. Bottom line- put your money elsewhere.

Met my needs.

Pros

Simplicity. Ability to customize. Most functions are intuitive and easy to learn. Screens are clean and easy to navigate.

Cons

Occasional freezes requiring computer restart. Runs on Java; need to reset each time there is a Java update. Live training is a waste of time and money. Advertised pricing is for new clients only; expect significant jump with renewal.

Just what we needed

Pros

NueMD has great customer service and the product does exactly what we want it to. It allows for scheduling and billing provides a wide array of reports we use to pull data for PQRS and other essential activities. We also really like that it is online. This has made it a hassle free system for us.

Cons

The system is not built specifically for PT but it is flexible enough that we can do exactly what we need to do.

Good Product, Easy to Access and Use

Pros

The cloud based application and data storage makes accessing our client data easy and eliminates the need for us to have servers to store data on. There are reports that can be used to drive business decisions and follow up on administrative processes.

Cons

There are a few pieces of data that I wish were more accessible via reports. We're able to search to get the data but having a report would enable us to export the data and split a project among our admin staff. Using a search to find the data makes it a little more difficult.

Enrollment

Pros

Customer Representative was exceptionally helpful with my issues when I called regarding enrolling a new physician in our practice. She worked with me, I did not feel rushed and she was very knowledgeable on all subjects. Hopefully, all is resolved but if I have any problems down the road, hope I get her for my customer support representative. Also, another representative in the EDI Department is great to work with. representative.

Cons

Getting reports on certain criteria was an issue, but improvements have been made and works better for our practice.

Comprehensive with great customer support

Pros

The software is very comprehensive covering scheduling to billing to reports. As the primary provider in my practice, I have never done any online billing, so it wasn't the easiest program to learn. However, I find the more I use it the more proficient I become, and hence, the more features of the program I can enjoy using. Customer service is especially helpful whenever I get stuck. They are able to utilize remote access of my computer to actually show me how to operate a particular feature, which I find is the easiest way to learn.

Cons

As I stated above, for someone without a billing background, it takes a good amount of time to learn and easily use all of the features of NueMD's program.

NueMD Review

Pros

We find the customer service is 10/10. Creating a ticket and billing are simplified. The EMR overall is user friendly. The company continues to update and mprove to the EMR.

Cons

The downsides have been the difficulty with setting up the templates for documentation, students reporting difficulties with signing in to the on-line portal.

Hi, Lynda! I’m so happy to hear about your outstanding experience with our customer service team and can’t wait to share your thoughts with them. We greatly appreciate your feedback and thank you for your business!

100% correct claims

Pros

Software is user friendly. Building claims are easy , software checks for billing mistakes and scrubs claim before you submit them to insurance carriers.

Cons

NueMD at your finger tips

Pros

it's all one click away, one click paper clams, Appointment scheduling and Medical billing, very user friendly software, webinars always available

Cons

Great tool for all your needs

NueMD is a great tool for scheduling patients, managing demographics, tracking balances and paid claims on account.

Pros

Love how versatile NueMD is.

Cons

I don't like how the system freezes at times but I know they are working on it. It has improved dramatically .

Thanks for your feedback, Nicole-Marie! We're thrilled to hear that you're enjoying the versatility of our product. NueMD takes our client's feedback seriously. Thank you for helping us build a better product.

Great value

Pros

Ease of use, simplicity of charting for nurses and doctors, electronic billing and ERA is a GREAT feature, easy to learn for first time electronic charting

Cons

the lack of customization for reminder texts, cannot add specific messages as reminders, also sometimes it is hard to reach customer service

NueMD Review from a Mental Health Billing Service

Pros

The software is easy to use. Clearinghouse reports are timely. Learning how to use the software as well was easy.

Cons

Customer service hold times are a little long, and I don't like being locked into a contract and it appears, at least to me, that every time I have to renew a contract it gets more expensive. All of my providers are mental health providers, which are small providers and I really have to think if the cost is outweighing what I am making. I also am not a fan of most of the reports.