Nutritics

Making food information more accessible when it matters most

Nutritics Reviews

Pros

I like that you can get a good report with information on foods nutrition benefits. I also like that you can use the information readily for creating plans and a very good database of foods.

catriona c.

A good and highly recommended software to use at all times.

Wisdom M.

Kathryn S.

Cons

Data Entry is painful , clumsy and slow ,reports for us as manufacturers are useless not one of.

Rob P.

Mistakes in the database. Shockingly inconsistent customer support.

Jen M.

Jen M.

4.2

Comprehensive dietary and nutritional analysis software

I design labels and provide nutrition information for websites from a supplied recipe. This is the best program I have used so far for doing that. The existing ingredients include data from nutrition tables, along with lots of branded products. I have only needed to add very specific ingredients.

Pros

I like the preloaded portion sizes, it makes recipe input very straightforward. The reports it can produce are clear and can be customer-facing. I like the fact it is web-based, meaning I can access my account from any computer or tablet.

Cons

I would like to be able to save a lot more recipes, but I am able to delete those I no longer require.

Many thanks for your amazing feedback, Kathryn! It's greatly appreciated. Glad to hear our preloaded portion sizes make your life easier! A lot of work goes into these, so that's great to hear. If you reached your storage capacity, just contact support@nutritics.com and we can go through your options so you don't have to keep deleting recipes.

Sports Nutritionist Review

Its been good although I do feel its a very hands off relationship and for someone that has been using the software for a long while I think the interactions and support could be much better. Even a monthly newsletter or practitioner use of the system or tips etc or recent updates and research /nutrition related subjects

Pros

Cons

its clunky and missing features where I could interact better with clients. I used the app once or twice with clients without much success, ye could do with adding more informative videos up or training specifically for nutritionist that use it, even some webinars. I find the support mediocre. I continue to use as its does help me generate information on nutrition profiles for clients but it should integrate better with others systems like my fitness pal or have your libro app working better.

We absolutely appreciate the great feedback, Catriona! Thanks very much for your kind words and suggestions. Those are some great ideas! We will make sure to pass them on to our product innovation and marketing team. Just a quick note on the side: We will actually have a regular newsletter starting to go out either this or next month including some of the topics you've mentioned. Also, please feel free to drop support@nutritics.com or marketing@nutritics.com an email with any ideas or comments you have! We love feedback over here :)

Incredibly painful experience with this software it gives you the impression its going to do what you want but will let you down in almost everything you need , not suitable for manufacturers who need to be able to provide information on your products quickly and efficiently, Costing side of nutritics is a toy not for serious accounting. this software maybe suitable for home cooking enthusiasts but that's its limit, most features cannot be accessed easily. My biggest frustration is how painfully slow and clumsy data entry and access is.

Pros

Nutritional data base is good. presentation

May have potential

Several glitches over the last 18 months when using this product that Support consistently fail to deal with. And a major error in their database led to one of my clients having to repeat a photoshoot with photographers, food stylist and graphic designer which cost £100's of pounds and I was simply offered an apology that felt as if it was accompanied by a shrug of the shoulders. Yeah, not ideal.

Pros

Relatively easy to use and simple interface

Cons

Mistakes in the database. Shockingly inconsistent customer support. Incomplete database. A lack of certainty that I could trust the information.

Hi Jen, Many thanks for your review and I'm sorry to hear that you don't feel satisfied with the level of support you received. We always try to provide the best customer experience possible and take any all queries and customer concerns very seriously. We had a number of team members investigate your queries including our support and technical teams and our CEO. We're really sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the resolution and we'd love to know what we can do better. I've passed your feedback onto Katie, our customer success manager who will reach out personally to see what we can do to further support you. Have a great day!

Great for nutrition, but need another app for client management

Pros

This software, for the most part is easy to use. Unfortunately, the use on mac isn't as user friendly as on microsoft (in my experience). However, the customer support is second to none and sincerely cannot be equalled. I would recommend any nutritionist to use this product.

Cons

I cannot change macronutrient targets for my clients. I work with clients on a weekly check in basis and I would love if I could create a food log or food plan for a week for them. I would also love to be able to schedule and set nutrition targets for my clients - for example, if I suggest a client should eat 5 different vegetables in a day, just like the garmin app, if you reach a target, you get a medal ...this would be a wonderful idea for Libro and I feel would encourage clients to reach targets.

Fiona, thanks so much for your amazing review. We greatly appreciate it! We will make sure to pass your feedback on to our support team. This will make their day! Good news - you can actually change nutrient targets with our DRV editor. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to do so: https://www.nutritics.com/p/userguide&c=85 Hope this helps! If you have any further questions, just get in touch at support@nutritics.com

Wouldn't be without it

I use it for product development dishes and label information, I trust the analysis (whilst understanding it's not 100% accurate) and it is an important part of our NPD cycle.

Pros

Most ingredients are now available, even more unusual ones. You're able to customise products.

Cons

For a while it wasn't possible to sort by ingredient amount and the filter to stay for each ingredient but this was soon fixed. It would also be good to have a few more filters for recipes or be able to group ingredients into components e.g. ingredients in the sponge, icing etc - especially from a QUIDS/ ingredients list perspective. There's also some ingredients that are only available from a brand, but this then excludes the micronutrient data. Only major missing thing is a change of nutrients in a frozen state - e.g. if you cook a product, chill, freeze and reheat.

Cassidy, thanks so much for the great feedback! We very much appreciate it. Good news - did you know that there is a solution to all the challenges you listed below? Just get in touch at support@nutritics.com and one of our amazing colleagues from support will show you how Nutritics can help!

Nutritics top notch

A good and highly recommended software to use at all times

Pros

Everything, its so cool, it calculates all my food requirements

Cons

Sometimes it hangs but not always. Slow i would say to load.

Hey Wisdom, thanks for your kind words. We absolutely appreciate them - we think Nutritics is pretty cool, too :) Just a quick note on the side: We have recently moved to a new server which has made Nutritics faster than before. If you experience the hanging issue again, feel free to contact us at support@nutritics.com

A very useful tool

I really like it and wouldn’t be without it. Useful for when I’m writing calorie-controlled meal plans.

Pros

Easy to use with a wide database of foods including proprietary brands.

Cons

Sometime I find some anomalies with the data but it isn’t a problem as I can always sniff out any issues and use a correction factor.

Thanks a million for your feedback, Angela! We are happy that you are enjoying our meal planning tool. Just a quick note on your comment on the data: All of our data is sourced from national food composition databases or straight from manufacturers. In Nutritics we display both labelling and database nutrient values - is that what you are referring to? If you have any concerns or queries, you can always contact us at support@nutritics.com

Nutritics

i have always found the staff quick to answer any questions and sort out any issues.

Pros

easily to use good outputs constantly updated wide varieties of foods to choose from

Cons

physical activities are limited to those in Ainsworth et al., compendium

Thanks for the great feedback, David. We are happy to incorporate other MET based activity sources / databases. Do you have any specific activities that you need or any other databases you know of that we can integrate? Let us know at support@nutritics.com and we will try our best to make it happen!

Thank you, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Great!

Pros

I am a temporary worker who was hired during the onboarding process for my client to data enter recipes into the nutritics system. I worked with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at Nutritics, and she was lovely! She answered all of my questions, she helped troubleshoot some minor issues, and she was so patient as I got the system set up for my client. The customer service for this product is really top notch. You can't say that for many companies these days! Also, I find that nutritics was very easy to learn and intuitive.

Cons

I wish there was an easier way to enter in product information for individual food items I wish there was a meal planning template so you could meal plan for a month. My client is on a strict diet and would really like to have the ability to meal plan in monthly increments in the future.

Excellent

Pros

It’s easy to use and has a variety of foods from different countries. It helps you create healthier options for the consumers more easily.

Cons

There is nothing negative that stands out.

Anna-Maria, thanks a million for the amazing review. It's much appreciated! That's exactly what our mission is - making more informed food choices easier for our users and their clients / consumers.

Excellent product, excellent customer service

Pros

Made analysing foods, and making meal plans so easy!

Cons

I wish there were more editable options in how reports are produced rather than PDF, so that I can tinker with the formatting, rather than having to make my own separate documents presenting the same data in a slightly different way.

Hey Jack, thanks a million for your amazing feedback. We really appreciate it! We will pass on your request to our product development team. If you have any more ideas or feedback, just get in touch at support@nutritics.com. We would love to hear them!

Good software

Pros

Easy to use, the database size for different types of food is big

Cons

some times the software is down and little slow but now it is better than before

Many thanks for your lovely feedback, Ola! It's very much appreciated. We agree that the software had been a bit slow which is why we have moved to a new server recently - making Nutritics lighter and faster than before!

Close to perfect

Pros

Does exactly what I need - Lets me collect diet logs from my clients through an app and analyse them quickly.

Cons

A few tweaks could make learning the software easier

Thanks for the amazing feedback, Gary! Always great to hear users enjoying the software. As for the tweaks - why not email them to admin@nutritics.com and we'll have a look?

New Plymouth Nutrition

very supportive

Pros

The pdf printouts and analysis The variety of foods available

Cons

unable to make weekly plans. Just daily. Needs more foods and brands from NZ analysed

Thanks very much for your great feedback, Maggie. We really appreciate it! We have passed on your feedback to our product development team. We are hoping to develop Nutritics to allow users to make meal plans for multiple days. So stay tuned for what's to come :)

Nutritics makes my lifes easier as a freelance and company nutritionist

Pros

One standardised source of nutritional information

Cons

Would love if more niche products got added as new food products become more popular e.g. sports powder supplements

Thank you so much for your great review, Donai! We really appreciate it. Glad to hear that Nutritics is making your life easier. That's exactly why Damian, our CEO, had wanted to build the software in the first place - he kept getting frustrated using excel sheets. We don't blame him :) As for adding foods, we are always expanding our database. However, if you have any specific requests, you can add it to the database yourself or contact us at admin@nutritics.com

Easy to use but not that easy

Pros

Relatively easy to use and has most features you need.

Cons

Very laggy. Would be great if there was a stand-alone desktop application. Additionally, not as easy to use labelling and NIP features. It would be good if you could generate different NIP's. I haven't been able to generate the type I want and have been having to do it manually in excell.

Thanks so much for your feedback, Jewel! We absolutely appreciate it. We recently moved to a new server which has made Nutritics faster than before. If you experience any lagging, feel free to contact us at support@nutritics.com. Just a quick note on the desktop version: We used to have one but it's been sunsetted. We recommended that all our users use the online version to ensure that they are accessing the most up-to-date and secure version of Nutritics. If you want to share more information on what kind of labels you are trying to produce, again, just get in touch with support. We would be happy to help!

My pros and cons

Pros

The software it self is really handy to have to break down food on a very precise Marco based aspect for my clients to see and understand thier diet plans, plus the layout is also simple for them to understand and read

Cons

The new changes are not so great, not being able to put a food in and then numberise it to a meal created makes planning take longer, before adding something in then selecting the number group it goes in was a more fast and convenient way to do plans, now it all takes longer, plus its not just individual foods even moving meal groups was easier before, also sometimes plans sent via email don't reach certain emails, I tried on one of my emails and I never received a plan I made?

Thanks a lot for your feedback, Jamie! We absolutely appreciate it. We have logged your requests with our development team - just keep your eyes peeled for new updates or get in touch with us at support@nutritics.com so that we can keep you in the loop.