OnCall Health

Virtual care program software for enterprises and brands

OnCall Health Reviews - Page 2

Almost there.

For my purposes thus far OnCall has been increasingly functional and each new development has been very welcome. I have stayed because they have been willing to negotiate pricing with me. However, if OnCall does not keep up with other platforms as my business grows, I may have to look for another platform.

Pros

Recent updates, such as roster and calendar, have made it more user friendly. I also like the video component, although I haven't used it much yet.

Cons

There are still some valuable features missing that other booking platforms have, such as the ability to upload forms myself, monthly stats output, and online booking. Also, I don't like the piece meal pricing. I would prefer to see one price for all the features, and base pricing on volume instead (like OWL Practice).

Solid platform, amazing customer service!

This platform saves me time and keeps my clients' information secure in many ways: dedicated, secure servers, Canadian, cloud (heaven forbid if there's a fire in my office and paper files are destroyed)... And like I said, great customer service.

Pros

Oncall Health has been a lifesaver for my private practice. It gives me back precious time from having to create templates and save separate files, to using their simple to use platform to do notes, process payments, and keep track of appointments. The customer service is bar none! They offer so much support and very quick to respond to any and all questions or concerns. I'm very happy.

Cons

The platform is a little clunky on mobile and sends out a lot it emails (confirmations, receipts, etc) to clients. I don't see that as a con myself, but some clients think it's a bit much. Others find it super helpful. Personally, I wish the calendar was more interactive (its functionality is limited compared to say, Google calendar) but this is a minor aspect for me.

Thank you for sharing your review with us! We're so glad to hear that OnCall has been a lifesaver for your practice and how you've been enjoying the note-taking, payment processing, and appointment-tracking features! We do pride ourselves on our 24/7 tech support - we're easily reachable by phone, email, and live chat!

Review of OnCall Health

I started using OnCall Health to be able to meet with clients on-line. This is the only product that I found that took into account my concerns about confidentiality and the fact that the servers are located in Canada.

Pros

I really like that I can see my list of upcoming client meetings in one spot. I also really like that the software remembers previous information about my client set up (i.e. name, email, etc.) so that I don't have to retype this information when setting up a next appointment.

Cons

Once I've logged in to start a session with a client, I have to go through multiple steps to start the session (i.e. download the software to get started). It would be great to just hit "join video session" and be right there.

Hi Laurie, we're so glad to hear that you're really liking our automation feature that helps to recall previous client information! The steps that take you through set-up before your video session is to help you familiarize with our software and prevent any difficulties from arising during your session! We want to make sure that you and your clients are comfortable with the set-up before the meeting takes place. This typically only happens the first time you use the software and any sessions taking place after should take you directly to the video session. If you encounter any difficulties, please reach out to our support team that's available 24/7!

Local, HIPPA compliant, expensive

Great for my first year in business but looking for more cost effective ways moving forward

Pros

Happy servers are local and emails are answered quickly. Lots of add ons in one place.

Cons

I do enjoy the software, have had issues with clients being unable to get answers for trouble shooting issues. Instant messaging delays, intake forms Are no longer being delivered to clients automatically as expected. The amount taken off via stripe is not worth it. Easier to by pass stripe and use e transfers. Set up was not as easy as hoped.

Hi Ashley, we're sorry to hear that your clients have had trouble reaching our tech support team. Our tech support is available 24/7 for troubleshooting via email, phone, and live chat. Our team would also be happy to help you with your intake forms and walk you through set-ups if you have any difficulties. Thank you for sharing your review with us.

Good product for Social Workers in private practice

For a small proprietorship and one person counselling practice this is a dream to use and keeps me organized in a way an admin assistant might be but at a very reasonable price.

Pros

OnCall Health is easy to use and provides technical support to clients as well as Practitioners which is super helpful to those of us who are not technology adept. I like the way it organizes my clients information and the ease of setting appointments. Its easy to see your calendar and generates an email to clients inviting them to the appointment.

Cons

I found the video feed to be difficult at times but since they've moved to using Zoom technology this issue has disappeared.

Excellent support team

Pros

The software is user friendly, and it's easy to navigate and to set up new client accounts. I also appreciate the function of being able to message clients while in a video session.

Cons

Sometimes when I change the time of a session with the editing option, the connection doesn't work as well.

Hi Irene, we're so glad to hear that you're liking OnCall's ease-of-use and our instant-based messaging feature! Did you know that you could also take notes and send documents during video sessions? If you need any guidance as to how this works, please do not hesitate to reach out to our 24/7 tech support team!

A great option to add to counselling businesses!

Pros

I love how easy it is to bill clients who use credit card to pay, and that they receive an emailed receipt instantly! Saves lots of time on paperwork that way. I also love that I can pull up my whole history and produce reprinted receipts at any time.

Cons

Clients who do not want to pay via credit card or don't have a credit card still need manual receipts and payment processing in alternate ways. Additionally, it does not store client information or allow for appointment repeats so you have to plug in each appointment individually with their email.

Hi Devan, thank you for sharing your experience! Selecting the "recurring" option feature on the new appointment window will enable you to set recurring appointments on your calendar. We also have a Roster feature that would grant you to ability to create Roster profiles for your patients. From there, you would be able to access client history and status whenever and wherever! If you're looking for more information on Roster, please do not hesitate to reach out to your Customer Success Manager!

On Call Review

Pros

I was impressed with the ease of use of the software, as I am not a particularly skilled technical professional. The support and training provided through the company was excellent, they are patient and easy to connect with through phone calls or email for support calls.

Cons

Although the use of video counselling is a part of the pricing, as a new practitioner it was difficult to justify a higher monthly expense before knowing if video counselling would be a large part of my new business.

Hi Kelly, we're so glad to hear that you are impressed with OnCall's ease of use as well as the support and training you receive from our team to get you started! The video conferencing feature could help you reach new and existing patients remotely. It's very easy to set up these video sessions for you and your clients - it only requires a device, internet connection, and webcam if it doesn't already come with one of your devices. We do have a guide that shows you how you can introduce your clients to use OnCall, which can be found in your provider portal under "Invite New Clients to use OnCall Health"! It's a great 5-minute to get you started. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and choosing OnCall!

Telehealth Solution

Pros

OnCall is a user friendly platform that allows ease of access for telehealth on both the provider, as well as the client experience. I really like the option to invite more than one individual which has been helpful when pulling additional members of a family into a session without all crowding around a single computer monitor.

Cons

The chat section of the live session is great for during the session, but it would be helpful to have an option to save or convert into a part of the record for the client to refer back to. I typically cut/paste it into another note or message for the client so that what was discussed can be documented, while also helpful for the client to access.

Hi Melissa, thank you for sharing your review with us and feedback on how we can better our live chat support! We love hearing that our platform is user-friendly and how you've been enjoying our video conferencing sessions that allows up to 15 participants at one time! Thank you for choosing OnCall!

On Call is Excellent

Above answers this

Pros

As a professional counsellor on call is a must. For setting appointments from my website, which gets me both new and returning clients to client appointment reminders, which decrease no shows and keeps my operational monies flowing better. Easy to use software.

Cons

Nothing. During the time I have been with on call there have been developments and each one very helpful. Mostly I just have to do my part and it runs well.

Hi Eva, thank you for sharing your amazing review! We're so glad that you've been enjoying OnCall's easy-to-use features! Thank you for choosing OnCall!

city use only

excellent interaction when buying. terrible experience when having technical problems. locked into a 12 month contract for a service that has ZERO business application for us.

Pros

excellent package and documentation integration. I liked the calendar booking function and shared documents with e-signing.

Cons

doesn't work on rural internet systems. I reported this to their technical people who just said it should work fine. In all practical tests we did with rural clients the video did not work at all. The system works fine for in city (high speed internet) but does not work at all with our client population (on reserve). As a comparison we tried Zoom and Facebook video and they worked just fine with the same clients on same networks. As such, clearly there is some video compression overhead that breaks this service in rural areas. When they were unable ot rectify the problem I asked to be released from contract but they made me pay for 12 months anyways for a product that doesn't even work for us.

Daniel, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. An excellent customer experience is important to us, so we're sorry to hear that your experience was anything but that. While we're happy to hear that you were satisfied with your engagement with our team and with key features, we're sorry that your patients may have had trouble with connectivity. We regularly and extensively test all parts...

Making on-line counselling possible.

I am able to provide on-line counselling to clients who could not otherwise access services. Clients can go about their work day, school schedule out of town all while maintaining their therapy schedule and meeting their needs.

Pros

I love the idea that it works as an office. I can schedule appointments, send reminders, create notes, send documents, send invoices.

Cons

The functionality of the audio is not always stellar. Payment is through Stripe. While this is easy, I lose a percentage of my fee and reading the Stripe website is not ever clear.

Hi Jennifer, we love that OnCall made online counselling possible and reachable anywhere and everywhere for your clients! With our all-in-one platform, we aim to make OnCall as user-friendly and accessible as possible throughout the whole process from booking appointments, note-taking, to online billing - we're so glad that the platform functions as an office for you! Thank you for sharing your review with us!

OnCall Health

Pros

I like the fact that it's a secure Canadian online platform. I also like the new roster feature which I find very easy to use. I also like the customer support. I have found them to be extremely responsive and attentive when I've run into any difficulties.

Cons

I find the picture quality not as good as other online platforms. Also at times I have had some issues with clients being able to use OnCall and have had to switch to another platform for that client. Generally it works well.

Hi Leslie, thank you for sharing your feedback! We're glad to hear that you're liking the Roster feature and our customer support team! We are indeed based in Canada and offering compliance in both Canada and the US! The issues that you may be experiencing with having to switch to another platform might be due to slow or poor internet connections. This could impact you and your clients' video quality and ability to connect. We appreciate your feedback, and thank you for choosing OnCall!

Not user friendly

I will be going off on extended sick leave in January, and while I will not be able to physically go to the office, I would like to be able to stay connected with my clients using video services. I would also like to extend my practice beyond my geographical borders, by providing distance services for clients who live outside my city. I would suggest adding more tabs, and enabling the site for users so that it is easier to navigate. For example, I would like to upload my own forms into the directory to make it easier to use - how would I do that? A tutorial to remind users of how to connect clients to the service would also be useful.

Pros

I like the concept of this software - being able to work with clients remotely, especially in bad weather, or if I am away from the office for an extended time, I can still see clients.

Cons

I find this software to be not user friendly at all. To schedule a new appointment I have to click on "messages". Even after appointments have been scheduled, they don't show up on my roster. Clients don't know how to get connected to the video messaging features. There are no tabs, drop-down menus, or even a quick access help button. All of the product features that are touted in the monthly updates are absent from my screen. It has been so long since I tried to use the software, that I can't remember how to connect to video messaging - and I don't want to make this more stressful for my clients. This is why I haven't bothered to use it.

Hello Julie, We greatly appreciate you taking the time to review our product! It seems like there may be some confusion regarding how to use the software based on your review above, and we would be more than happy to connect with you and clarify. A member of our team will reach out to you to discuss your account to ensure the steps for booking and participating in an appointment are clear. The...

I appreciate OnCall

Pros

Easy to use Customer service is great HPPA compliant

Cons

Sometimes my client and I have difficulties getting on We need to log out and back in That is time consuming and takes away from the service I’m providing the client

Hi Jennifer, Thanks for taking time to leave us a review. We are happy that you have seen value out of the OnCall solution and have had great experiences with our customer support team. We are sorry to hear that you and your clients are experiencing some difficulties logging into the platform. We have a 24/7 support team available to assist you and your client with logging in. They can also contact us via email at any time at support@oncallhealth.ca. Thank you for your feedback! - The OnCall Team

OnCall Platform Review

It is a wonderful added figure for my business. I am able to connect with clients who are not able to come to my office in person.

Pros

1) easy, simple, and friendly to use 2) quick to schedule an appointment. 3) love the payment option 4) clear video and voice connection

Cons

1) video clarity could be better 2) like to option to sent articles to my clients.

Hi John, we love to hear all the features that you're loving from OnCall! Video clarity is variable depending on your wifi connection - the stronger your wifi signal the better the quality of the video. There is also an option to send instant messages and attach files (text, video, and audio) to send to your clients during the video session! If you have any trouble navigating these features, please do not hesitate to reach out to our support line!

OnCall is a great asset to business expansion.

OnCall has been a great asset to my business. It is very easy to use. It is easy to use and learn even for technologically challenged individuals. Customer Service has been excellent and attentive.

Pros

I love that the platform is HIPAA and PIPEDA compliant. This is THE reason I chose OnCall. The customer service has been good. I also love how the payment from the client is incorporated into the system. It works very smoothly. It is also expanding and new great features are constantly being added which makes the software even easier to use.

Cons

As the software improves and features are added, it becomes increasingly more expensive and the small upgrades add up to a significant increase for small businesses.

Hi Maritza, thank you for your kind words for our Customer Success Team and OnCall's platform! We're so glad that you're loving the ease-of-use and payment processing system online with our HIPPA and PIPEDA+PHIPA software. We're committed to providing the best user experience and constantly looking to improve our platform by adding new features - stay tuned for more updates!

Great start for online practice

Having oncall health offers a different choice to clients and abilities to be more flexible for supervision.

Pros

Easy to use platform, like the option of uploading documents, messaging and video all in one.

Cons

It cuts out alot and at times, video does not work.

Hi Kayla, thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We're glad to hear that you're enjoying OnCall's easy-of-use! The video conferencing sessions work best when both you and your patients have connections to a strong wifi signal. This would minimize you chances of experiencing disconnections and bad video quality. Hope this helps!

I have been able to expand my business online to provide clients with access to counselling services and eliminate travel as a barrier.

Pros

The software is user friendly and a great way to connect to clients via technology that can be used anytime. Tech support is very responsive! They are adding new features all the time.

Cons

Depending on internet connection of user, sometimes the video feed freezes.

Hi Grace, we're really glad to hear that you've been able to take your practice online with OnCall! We love to hear that you've found OnCall user friendly and a great alternative to practicing remotely! The "freezing" you experience with video sessions is unfortunately likely to be internet-related. To ensure that your video sessions run smoothly, it's best for both you and your clients to connect to a strong wifi signal. Thank you for choosing OnCall and sharing your feedback!

Great for tele-mental health

Pros

What I like most about the software is that it offers the capability of facilitating clients by video, increasing accessibility of service. I also like the fact that it adheres to PHIPA & PIPEDA, and it's a Canadian company.

Cons

The cost for what it provides is a bit prohibitive.

Hi Durel, we appreciate you sharing your feedback! We're so glad to hear that OnCall increases the accessibility of your practice and we are indeed complaint in both Canada and the US to ensure that all patient data is securely protected! Thank you for choosing OnCall!

Professional Platform

Generally it has been a good experience. The quality is exceptional which is why I continue to use it over switching to my other clinical platform.

Pros

Easy to book and change appointments. Clients tend to find it easy to use.

Cons

Clients find it difficult to get a hold of support and I have a couple of counsellors to add to platform with no idea how to do that.

Hi Lisa, Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that our solution is easy and intuitive for both you and your clients. We are sorry to hear that your clients are having difficulty find how to get support. When a client logs into the OnCall app, on the right hand side, they will see a button that says "help". If they click this, they will be connected to our support team that is available 24/7. They can also contact us via email at any time at support@oncallhealth.ca. Thank you for your feedback! The OnCall Team.

Much room for improvement

It has been a stressful experience. Using the program has increased my work load and have had close calls with clients missing their appointments. It has been benefical to have the video conference feature and this has helped me land new clients.

Pros

- I must approve appointments before it is confirmed by the client - tech support for clients if they have troubles with the video conference - direct credit card billing and receipts sent in one easy click of a button

Cons

- It is not user-friendly or intuitive to use as a clinician - Secure messaging system is not linked to client roster - you must manually enter in their name, email address to send clients messages / files - Appointment times are not being saving correctly in client calenders and email reminders only include date (not time). Client have to login to the system to check; however, most clients do not do this. - Lack of control - I have to be in contact with OnCall constantly for any changes that need to be made

Hi Ashley, we appreciate you sharing your feedback with us! Securing messaging and notes that you've taken show up alongside with Roster. Appointment times are not being saved properly because Outlook unfortunately does not account for daylight savings - the best way to work around this is for patients to log into their accounts directly so they won't just be seeing their appointment date reminders in emails! We do also provide the option to charge cancellation-fees, which is tied to our automatic payment processing feature online, to prevent no-shows and late appointments. We hope this helps, Ashley, and if at any time you have any confusion or trouble, please do not hesitate to reach out to our 24/7 tech support or your Customer Success Manager!

Great PLatform

Great!

Pros

Great tech support, friendly staff, easy to learn and use.

Cons

Would like to see an option to 'set up another video appointment' or set up another in-person appointment' rather than going back to square one with each appointment. Woudl also like to be abel to edit appointments from one format to antoher ie. from a video appointment to an in-person (or vice versa) without cancelling the initial appointment

user friendly and secure

overall, everything has gone well, easy to use for most

Pros

that it is a secure way to do videoconferencing with patients

Cons

sometimes the patients have difficulty downloading the app; they "prefer Zoom" etc.

Thanks for your review Heather! It is great to hear that OnCall has been a secure and easy to use solution for your telemedicine needs. - OnCall Health

Highly Recommend oncallhealth.ca

My clients much prefer OnCall Health over the previous platform. It's reliable, which when doing psychotherapy is very important! Picture and audio quality is very good, and the appointment booking process is quick and easy. The mobile / tablet version is just as straightforward and easy to use as the computer one.

Pros

It is straight forward, easy to use, and very reliable. When I switched from another telehealth platform to oncallhealth, I received positive feedback from virtually every one of my clients.

Cons

Client's have to email support in order to update their payment information.

Hi Joy, thank you for sharing your experience! We strive to create a seamless experience for users across all devices, and we're thrilled to hear that OnCall Health is easy to use and reliable for your practice!