Pabau Logo

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.52/10

Reviews by rating

It has many features that can be customised to suit how you run your practise. The help in setting the software up has been amazing.
Cost effective, great responsive customer support; does alot more for the business than other "just another medical record" softewares.
Absolutely amazing, very helpful team and out of all the softwares i have used once you are used to using Pabau, the things you can do and offer patients is endless.
Software constantly has issues, features regularly don’t work. Integrated payment system has issues and has lost us income.
Lack of chat function to be able to communicate in real time with reception and other clinic rooms.
However, I think the only negative I could mention is that it always takes time to learn a new system. Regardless of the provider this would always be the same so its not a negative directed at Pabau.

KW

Karen W.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

It's exactly what we were looking for

Pabau customer service is fantastic. It has reduced a lot of stress for us. I

Pros

This software allows us to hold a patient record system similar to Primary Care NHS software. We are able to take bookings online through our website and communicate with our patients easily.

Cons

You need training in order to use this system efficiently. Without training and the help of the Pabau team, you will struggle.

Thank you so much Karen! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help! Do feel free to give any idea you have on how to improve on our community page. We love hearing from you! https://community.pabau.com/ We are always happy to offer as much training as is required and have over 10 live webinars you can join to get the very best out of Pabau, you can find these in Setup > Training. Feel free to email maria@pabau.com to get free training so you can get the best out of it and have more ease of use!

LS

Luisa S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Excellent system for medi clinics with updated features all the time.

Pros

I like the team behind it they have always been very helpful and responsive. The technology is always improving and I have seen massive improvements in the last year or so which has benefited my business immensely. The training webinars they have are amazing!

Cons

Some features are more difficult to get to grips with or don’t work as well as planned. Mostly integrations.

Thank you so much Luisa! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help! We are also always happy to offer as much training as is required and have over 10 live webinars you can join to get the very best out of Pabau, you can find these in Setup > Training. Feel free to email alex@pabau.com to get free training so you can get the best out of it and have more ease of use!

ÉF

Éilís F.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Very poor migration experience, multiple issues not resolved

Poor and inconsistent customer service. At the outset, I spoke with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] from Pabau, and subsequently [SENSITIVE CONTENT], when he was slow to revert, about a number of elements that were critical to my choice of software. Unfortunately, I was given incorrect information, and I am now writing this review, as my email to head office about my concerns, has gone unacknowledged, and unanswered. I...

Pros

The product has a lot of potential, particularly relating to automating routine reminders, etc. Patient photos function is very useful

Cons

There are significant issues around the medical history section, which for some reason cannot be removed from the iPad when a patient is given same, to complete a consent form. I consider it dangerous, that a patient can click into and alter their medical history - that is alter their medical record. There is no ability to create and email a Word document or PDF from within the system. We are required...

PF

Paul F.

Pabau 8 months in

I have it working well now for my practice. Still learning new things. It gives me a lot of control over my practice, eg creating or booking extra appointments, answering queries from patient record from my secretaries email. I use iPad integration a lot for photographing skin lesions pre-surgery.

Pros

Ability to customise your practice, appointment types, lengths, pre-care, specific templates for services, after care emails, prescribing online, recalls. In short, there are a lot of features!!! Lots of education available to teach you how to get the most out of it. Very responsive support team.

Cons

It takes a lot of effort to get things working as you want them with a fair amount of trial and error. Pabau can assist but it does pay to spend time learning the system. Some teething problems initially and after the upgrades.

Thank you so much Paul! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help.

ZA

Zunaid A.

Great software! Excellent functionality

Great so far! Online zoom training was really good and helped to answer a lot of questions

Pros

Easy to use and figure out. Most things customisable.

Cons

Forgetting to refresh the iPad after entering records on desktop

HS

Huriye S.

Very user friendly!

Currently getting used to the new system. Enjoying it to be honest! Makes me feel smart when I can easily solve a problem :)

Pros

How simple and easy it is to use. I also love and appreciate that help is always a very quick chat or email away and the team are always willing to assist. No question is too small! Really do love this software and everything that comes with it.

Cons

I haven't yet found anything worth mentioning that I dislike about the software or company.

Thank you so much Huriye! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help!

EK

Esra K.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

Comprehensive and professional

Great software. the technical and customer service team are always there to help.

Pros

It is easy to use and has all the tools necessary to run a saloon on a daily basis.

Cons

The learning curve takes some time and effort.

AC

Andrea C.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Like another member of staff

From start to finish (and later than that!) there has been someone there when we have needed help or advice. So far the experience has been good.

Pros

Still new to Pabau, I'm trying to understand the different features. It does however, seem to do everything and more that I need.

Cons

I'm sure that in time, using Pabau will be like second nature to me, but at the moment, I am finding it rather overwhelming!

Thank you so much Andrea! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help!

KP

Katerina P.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Excellent software for my clinic

I have only been using Pabau for a short while, but i am already seeing the potential it has in making my business even more streamlined

Pros

I particularly like Pabau because it is ease to use, intuitive, and multi-purpose. It is the best fit for a busy medical and aesthetic medicine practice such as ours.

Cons

The interface looks a bit dated, but I have been reliably informed that Pabau is actively working on a new, fresher interface.

Thank you so much Katerina ! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help!

BR

Bernardo R.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Very comprehensive software and impressive customer service!

I am very satisfied, both by the software and how it is covering our requirements, as well as in terms of the level of support which is exceptional. In particular, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a very dedicated professional.

Pros

The software is very self explanatory, even though the possibilities are endless. Every component of your business is covered by Pabau.

Cons

To be honest, so far there is nothing I do not like...

Thank you so much! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help.

BD

Barbara D.

Cosmetics, 11-50 employees

The benefits of Pabau

The Pabau system allows us to carefully target our marketing, provide an excellent service to our patients and staff find the on-line training modules very helpful. Their customer support service is outstanding.

Pros

The Pabau system is uniquely positioned in the aesthetics industry to deliver an easy to use diary, marketing and accounting system.

Cons

When there are glitches in the system it seems to take ages to solve it and we never receive any discount for days that are affected

CT

Carleigh T.

Alternative Medicine, 1-10 employees

I am holding my breath they will debug the software, but I won't be able to hold it much longer...l

Again, excellent customer service. I SO badly want them to figure it out, but I am afraid if they don't figure it out by the end of the month, I will be forced to move platforms, which is Incredibly disappointing and time-consuming. I will contest my credit card charge if it's not sorted out because they have delivered a faulty product that does not function.

Pros

Great customer service. In THEORY its a great software with SO many amazing features. But the bugs make it IMPOSSIBLE to use in practice.

Cons

You can't use the software because the bugs make it impossible to chart and schedule. These are the main ingredients to running a clinic.

KW

Karen W.

Clinic management

so far starting to work well

Pros

The clinic appointment platform is very good, as are the medical records form, But taking time to implement, finding some of the system a little complicated

Cons

taking time to get used to it, as a practitioner I find some of the software complicated

Thank you so much ! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help!

LA

Louisa A.

Elixir skin clinic review

Very stressful and a very poor experience. We are looking to switch to another system.

Pros

When it works it can be helpful and is better than a written diary

Cons

It is very very buggy, regularly doesn’t work, patients disappear, cannot be booked in, devices don’t connect together so different appointments appear on different devices. Calendar and/ or journey regularly fail to show on iPads. Customer service, while replies are speedy we are repeatedly told it isn’t an issue on pabaus end when it clearly is. We never ever receive an apology for serious issues which cause massive problems in clinic and we are often asked to manually correct things our end which are the fault of the system from your end. Why should we create errors that have occurred within the system that we have no control over.

Hi Louisa As you can see from the many 5 star reviews we have below, we are proud of our system and how it has helped many businesses who are using it to its potential. I have reviewed the conversations you have had with support, and feel your ratings of 1/5 are not reflective of the support that you have received. We want all of our clients to be happy with the system, and I would be more than...

SI

Sue I.

Problems, problems, problems

I have been using Pabau now for 8 months as I wanted a system that was mobile and would offer me a paper free environment. Pabau promised so much but has so far under-delivered. The main desktop version is fine for booking appointments and creating invoices but using the database for marketing within Pabau is not good. The mobile app is useless. I am constantly contact support because one thing or...

Pros

Offers a lot of functions

Cons

It is unstable and a lot of the functions either do not work or keep crashing the programme.

Thank you for the review Sue! We have been developing a new marketing leading app for over 1.5 years here is a link to alive Demo so you can see what it offers. https://marvelapp.com/prototype/d6aih0h/screen/63899119 We have also launched Advanced Marketing so do reach out to us to see about using this powerful marketing tool if you need a boost there. As we are the process of building Pabau form the ground up to be a more reliable and faster system please fell free to post any ideas you have in the community forum. https://community.pabau.com/

JG

Julie G.

Comprehensive logical system

Very good. Training and guidance material within the software has improved over the time we have been using it. We need to learn about more of the features to get the most from using Pabau, but we are now working on this.

Pros

Functionality and flexibility is extremely good and regular updates and additions means we can advance our business in line with our industry. Overall we can tailor so many elements to fit our operations precisely.

Cons

Some key pieces of information - ie telephone number is presented in small fonts. Would like to find a way to adjust this - maybe there is a way and we are missing it.

Thank you so much! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything such as the Font issue you mentioned, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help!

MP

Maria P.

Leader in clinic software

The staff are always willing to help, my experience has been mixed when it’s working it’s excellent but when there are hiccups is disastrous (more the fact that we can’t work without it). I would describe it as a love hate relationship.

Pros

I like how I can manage the day to day running of the clinic having all the tools and technology at the touch of a button. I also like how visual the software is making it user friendly.

Cons

I find the set up very technical which is frustrating because I could get so much more from PABAU. I have been with PABAU since its infant years and there has been numerous updates which we just can’t keep up with. It would be good to speak to someone as email communication is not always desirable.

Thank you for taking the time to send us a review. Here at Pabau we have a support team that at the moment respond in less than 2 minutes that can help guide you and help you. We also do phone calls so feel free to request one if you need to! We are also always happy to offer as much training as is required and have over 10 live webinars you can join to get the very best out of Pabau, you can find these in Setup > Training.

HT

Hrafnkell T.

The best in market

Very positive and we plan to stay with them long-term.

Pros

Pabau has more functionality and flexibility than any other similar product on the market I know of. The customer support is instantaneous through messaging or phone - we always get instant help if we have any issues and the team are polite and try their best every time. The program is also in constant development and Pabau listens and reacts well to development requests, when needed.

Cons

The marketing and retargeting aspect of the software can be developed more, but has come on leaps and bounds this past year or so. It is now a very powerful tool for this purpose as well as all it's other great functionality.

kH

kate H.

Excellent clinical system

Overall happy with the software.

Pros

The patient calendar is easier to use. I like the fact you can type in a patients mobile when you miss a call and you can then see who has called. The app system is also very good. The reporting system is excellent and allows for you to do many different reports. The sms to patients to remind them of their appointment is also a very important aspect and works really well.

Cons

It would be more practical on the journey section if it was easier to navigate to the client details. It would make sense if there was a tab that appears when the practitioner enters the pin to access the treatment forms.

Hi Kate Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. In regards to your comments about the patient journey, we are currently rebuilding our system as well as the app, so please head over to community.pabau.com and leave your feedback so that it can be considered for the future build. Thanks Kane

SP

Saied P.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

Great Software

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is an excellent at his job and as part of the Onboarding Team he takes his role very seriously and was available at all times I got stuck - Thank you so much

Pros

Pabau is a complete practice management application and its right up our street - does what it says on the box and more. and love the features on the application, Very good online security and can manage all the services from one page, and the patient management is superb.

Cons

They need to intergrate other online payment option as STRIPE and our current provider means we have to cost to meet - yes I can cancel the other but we have a better deal with the current provider

Thank you so much Saied! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help! The idea for more payment providers is excellent! Do feel free to give any idea you have on how to improve at out community page. We love hearing from you! https://community.pabau.com/

IR

Ivona R.

Computer Software, self-employed

Excellent solution for me

I stumbled into the business two years ago, and I can genuinely say that it was one of the finest professional choices I have ever made. As soon as I started, I saw there was a lot of opportunity for advancement in terms of my duties, position, and the development of team and leadership abilities, which is always a plus in any profession.

Pros

The company's willingness to consider fresh concepts that might enhance our daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly workflow is something I truly like. Our daily work is more productive as a consequence of the implementation of ideas that staff members, including myself, have offered.

Cons

There are a few changes that need to be made, such as the ability to remove photographs from the iOS app and add simple notes, but Pabau is wonderful at listening and will accept suggestions.

ks

kelly s.

Alternative Medicine, 1-10 employees

Complicated but worth it

Overall really good, once you get your head around it- I would definately recommend

Pros

Does everything we need- especially now with online booking and deposit taking. Everything in one place, and easy to access once set up.

Cons

Can be difficult to use, and complicated to set up. Don’t feel that get a lot of support

Thank you for taking the time to send us a review. Here at Pabau we have a support team that can help and guide you and that now respond in less than 2 minutes. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any reason! Over the last 3 months our customer satisfaction ratings on our live chat have been above 95% with an average 1 minute first response time and 25 minutes to fully resolve issues. We have dealt with over 21,000 conversations in the last year, so hopefully you will not hesitate to contact us! We are also always happy to offer as much training as is required and have over 10 live webinars you can join to get the very best out of Pabau, you can find these in Setup > Training.

cp

cheryl p.

using pabau

No paper notes to store, all information together, easy to book in patients. It took time to get use to it but once I did, it saved me so much time.

Pros

Having a diary, calender and patient notes on one system. It made it easier to keep and store patient notes. Easy to add new treatment consents on. I have it on my phone, ipad and laptop.

Cons

I find creating newsletters quite challenging

Thank you so much! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help! We are also always happy to offer as much training as is required and have over 10 live webinars you can join to get the very best out of Pabau, you can find these in Setup > Training. Feel free to email alex@pabau.com to get free training on any areas of interest to you such as how to create beautiful newsletters!

RM

Ros M.

Pabau

Frustrating. Promises a lot. Many of the functions are still in development or not what they seem.

Pros

Reasonable entry-level product for clinic systems

Cons

Not designed with medic in mind. Don't understand the difference in the functionality required for a Doctor/Surgeon, versus an allied health professional, therapist or beautician.

Thank you so much! We are in the process of building Pabau 2 which will be much more stable, faster and powerful! It will also have an improved reporting function! Do feel free to give any idea you have on how to improve at out community page. https://community.pabau.com/ We are also happy to announce that we have just launched the Calendar 2 with new and improved functions with shifts and bookings.

AL

Amy L.

Training

I am very pleased overall with the service provided and look forward to maximising its use in clinic to help build and grow my business further

Pros

We have had extensive support and direction from the training team to utilise Pabau to its max. I highly recommend the whole team but specifically [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who has been excellent

Cons

Webinars are held live but mainly within working hours of clinic the option to have in an evening so you can have real time question and answer would be great. I appreciate you can watch on play back if you register but this is not the same

Thank you so much! The training suggestion is a great one do go and share it to our community page so the team can review this! https://community.pabau.com/