Pabau Reviews - Page 2

RP

Ruth P.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Impossible to set the system up and no access to support

pretty shady so far. They took my existing customer data quickly but since then I can't get up and running on a system that I am being charged for.

Pros

I loved the demo and it appeared to do everything I wanted but there are some serious concerns at this stage. 1. So far the company has charged me over £600 and cannot supply a VAT invoice. 2. I have been trying to access support all week and no one has been able to resolve the issue. 3. The dashboard is different to the video learning films 4. When I signed up I said that I wanted access to support staff to help me configure it. So far there is no response.

Cons

It seems shady. You have no idea where the staff are located - they work weird hours and the answers I have which are genuine support questions are not being answered. I can't even get a call booked in which was part of the "GOLD" onboarding package I signed up to.

Hi Ruth, Kane here, the guy you had a meeting with last week. I must say I am dissapointed to see your review which has subsequently caused other people not to proceed with the software, when in fact, the team have been on hand to help you - and the main issue was your own router was blocking access to the terminal. I checked the onboaridng with the Onboarding manager and the emails that you have...

ER

Emma R.

Pabau Support

I’ve personally been very pleased with the support. Generally issues are resolved quickly.

Pros

The ability to market to clients based on treatment criteria & the reporting function is excellent

Cons

Setting up templates isn’t straightforward if you’re used to using Windows

Thanks for the review Emma - please encourage your colleagues to also leave a review and send proof of this to customercare@pabau.com and you will receive 1000 SMS credits per review. Also, while I am here, make sure you have checked our new lessons on https://academy.pabau.com regarding templates and remember you can book 121 success meetings who can help you do this here:- https://support.pabau.com/meetings/pabau/success-meeting https://support.pabau.com/meetings/pabau/success-meeting-us For anyone else considering Phorest - check here https://pabau.com/compare/phorest/

BB

Brett B.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Absolutely horrific

We decided to go with Pabau because it was the cheapest option at the time and was also more geared toward medical spas and IV therapy. We met with our Pabau account manager weekly to work toward implementing Pabau with our operations. However, we ran into problem after problem after problem. There were bugs, glitches, changes weren't saving, and we could not complete simple tasks. The interface, while...

Pros

Pabau offers a lot of features (this is the biggest pro) and it is more geared toward medical spa and IV therapy.

Cons

There are a TON of glitches and bugs. Our account manager was not available and rarely responded to emails. They did warn us about bugs and glitches, however, we could not implement or use this software WHATSOEVER with our operations. We switched to Mangomint (HIGHLY RECOMMEND) and were able to implement Mangomint in ONE DAY (just a few hours). Mangomint is also cheaper than Pabau. After switching to Mangomint, we did $1,700 in sales our first day launching our company. It's embarrassing when our Pabau account manager was unable to show us how to do things with the software, because even he ran into bugs and glitches.

Hi Brett - we can see you did not complete your onboarding or setup fully, so it is no surprise you didnt manage to use the system well. As per our terms and conditions, a lot of time was spent on your setup on our side and when we invoked our terms, and did not complete the refund, you have decided to leave the negative review because of this. We wish you all the best with the new provider. For those wanting to see a full review of Pabau vs Mangomint - check here:- https://pabau.com/compare/mangomint/

HT

Hillary T.

A LOT of unmet promises

At first it was good. They were helpful. But as things continued to get worse and worse they just kept on making unmet promises. They kept saying they were working on a beta pabau 2.0 so I hung on....but it took over a year longer than what they told me...and they were still working on it when I left. Then once I asked to downgrade to just read only data so I could access clients previous charts,they kept charging me the full amount. It was absurd.

Pros

Fairly intuitive and customizable.....but other than that it's hard to say.

Cons

When I signed up for Pabau I was hesitant because it was located in the UK and I am in the USA. I was assured there would be US support and all features would work, but it didn't. This software is NOT a good option if you live outside the UK. The text messaging component NEVER worked as it should, but they told me it did. I had to run checks every few weeks and tell them it still wasn't working. The...

Hi Hilary - you switched to our NEW system when it was BETA and completed this switch way before we were setup or ready for the US. You specifically said you would work with us in the BETA which is by nature, a system that will constantly be developed into, to get us US ready. This is something that has since been delivered on and we now have many happy US clients. Over 500 clinics in the US have...

OO

Oyin O.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Pabau software does most things well

It does most of what we need from a CRM but definitely still have records we are having to keep outside of the software. Would have preferred a white label service rather than each step my patients take to have Pabau labelling all over it. Customer support is below par. Should have a live chat or phone line to call. A lot of training videos are on a Vimeo account that isn't shared with you at implementation,...

Pros

A lot of features. Before and after pictures A lof of templates to choose from. Support team willing to integrate any pdf form and help customise to your brand

Cons

Customer support not always accessible. Would have preferred a dedicated number to call, opening hours etc. A lot of communication is via email or a request for a call back. Not suitable when the software isn't responding or you need quick fixes. Price is on the expensive side especially since you will need to pay Pabau extra subs for more staff, sending texts, marketing functions & Api integrations Ipad necessary for patient journeys function

Hi Oyin, I just wanted to reply back to this review and thank you for your detailed and thoughtful feedback. In particular, your points about better highlighting our educational resources to new users will be actioned upon. I would also like to make you aware that we do indeed have a live chat function. We moved away from phone-based support (though do still escalate to this when required) to a live chat feature because our data showed it to be a more effective method of supporting our customers. However, we will consider if there is a better way of making sure our customers know this support exists. Thanks again for trusting Pabau as your practice CRM and for helping us to get that little bit better with your constructive feedback.

EM

Elizabeth M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Great for managing multiple services

Pabau have helped us manage multiple items in one place.

Pros

We have a busy practice with 30+ practitioners and pabau makes it easy for us to manage their schedules and see all of the patient details in one place for ease of managing their care alongside their admin.

Cons

I think the patient portal could do with some improvements as the online booking tool is clunky in comparison to other booking portals. Also it would be great if we could integrate the invoice and payment system with square as we tend to duplicate sending payment links with creating invoices on the patient's account for their records.

Thank you so much Elizabeth! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help!

PF

Paul F.

Pabau 8 months in

I have it working well now for my practice. Still learning new things. It gives me a lot of control over my practice, eg creating or booking extra appointments, answering queries from patient record from my secretaries email. I use iPad integration a lot for photographing skin lesions pre-surgery.

Pros

Ability to customise your practice, appointment types, lengths, pre-care, specific templates for services, after care emails, prescribing online, recalls. In short, there are a lot of features!!! Lots of education available to teach you how to get the most out of it. Very responsive support team.

Cons

It takes a lot of effort to get things working as you want them with a fair amount of trial and error. Pabau can assist but it does pay to spend time learning the system. Some teething problems initially and after the upgrades.

Thank you so much Paul! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help.

LL

Luz L.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Great software - good online training - quick online chat answers

In general is good, quick online chat, great online training, system works well and covers a lot of areas needed to work. It could definitely improve on the way the forms are set up, have more flexibility there. Another area of improvement is again the online chat, making answers more user friendly, not so much it based. There are still some areas that need some twitching (forms flexibility / prescriptions not linking to inventory / Xero integration) but so far Pabau has showed that they do understand user needs and make sure they react to feedback, hence me doing this today.

Pros

The way the have been able to ensure that they users learn - the online trainings are really good. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is amazing!

Cons

Customer support - it is not possible to talk to the developers and that means that customer services responses are fast but limited to repeating what the developers tell them in it terms that are little use to those with no it brains. I was having a problem with Xero integration and the answers I was getting were limited, it took a lot of research from my part to work out what they meant and how to make them work, still there is an error showing up and the answer I got was : "Despite all the errors and information you can see, the system will never sync a Bank Account code full stop." Not helpful at all, I am sure they could do better as I can imagine a lot of people asks these same questions. I could give you a document with the correct steps of how to do it now.

Thank you for taking the time to send us a review. Here at Pabau we have a support team that can help and guide you and that now respond in less than 2 minutes. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any reason! Over the last 3 months our customer satisfaction ratings on our live chat have been above 95% with an average 1 minute first response time and 25 minutes to fully resolve issues. We have dealt with over 21,000 conversations in the last year, so hopefully you will not hesitate to contact us! While you can't communicate directly to the developers at the moment there is a way for developers to see your ideas so please go to the community and post all ideas you have to improve the system there and the team will be able to review them! https://community.pabau.com/

LA

Louisa A.

Elixir skin clinic review

Very stressful and a very poor experience. We are looking to switch to another system.

Pros

When it works it can be helpful and is better than a written diary

Cons

It is very very buggy, regularly doesn’t work, patients disappear, cannot be booked in, devices don’t connect together so different appointments appear on different devices. Calendar and/ or journey regularly fail to show on iPads. Customer service, while replies are speedy we are repeatedly told it isn’t an issue on pabaus end when it clearly is. We never ever receive an apology for serious issues which cause massive problems in clinic and we are often asked to manually correct things our end which are the fault of the system from your end. Why should we create errors that have occurred within the system that we have no control over.

Hi Louisa As you can see from the many 5 star reviews we have below, we are proud of our system and how it has helped many businesses who are using it to its potential. I have reviewed the conversations you have had with support, and feel your ratings of 1/5 are not reflective of the support that you have received. We want all of our clients to be happy with the system, and I would be more than...

AC

Alex C.

Infuriating and nonsensical

Abismal

Pros

It brings the team closer together, we love to talk about how awful it is and we can all bond over how it makes little to no sense. A common enemy if you will a frustration and thorn in our collective sides.

Cons

I don't think there is enough space in this box! The booking tool is clunky and makes no sense, ideally you would go onto a patient profile then from there should be able to see times and dates etc. Currently you have to select a time slot then the patient name, which highlights that no one who works to create this software have ever made a booking with a client. They change their mind all the time in the booking process, so if they do ask for another date you need to remember their name to re type it in. Makes no sense. The packages should have different tokens - for example a package contains 3 of one thing

Hi Alex Thank you for your response. It is clear from reading your comments that you have made no attempt to work with our team to improve your experience of Pabau. We offer free training/121 sessions for anyone who is not getting the most out of the software, and it can clearly be seen from below that in the overwhelming majority of cases our clients feel well supported and are very happy. Given...

BD

Barbara D.

Cosmetics, 11-50 employees

The benefits of Pabau

The Pabau system allows us to carefully target our marketing, provide an excellent service to our patients and staff find the on-line training modules very helpful. Their customer support service is outstanding.

Pros

The Pabau system is uniquely positioned in the aesthetics industry to deliver an easy to use diary, marketing and accounting system.

Cons

When there are glitches in the system it seems to take ages to solve it and we never receive any discount for days that are affected

Thank you so much! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help.

EB

Ellysa B.

Why I subscribed to Pabau

The on boarding and training team have been very professional and prompt with correspondence.

Pros

There are many features I could not find in other software. Particularly the use of consultation templates to reduce note writing time, photography with the assistance of stencils to always obtain the correct patient view (very good for before and after photos), integration of drug look up, the ability to assign permissions for data view amongst staff and online booking. Everything is customisable. There is a whole suite of tools to match the demands of my growing business.

Cons

I would have preferred the option of a free trail period to play around with the application pre subscription. However, I can see that I would have flounder without the online training provided. There is a learning curve steeper than other applications.

Thank you so much! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help!

DT

Daniel T.

Great clinic software overall

We are able to easily record clinical data with Pabau, and able to use the CRM function to gain an understanding of our patient demographics. The support is exceptional

Pros

Ease of use, functionality and useful marketing tools. Support team is very friendly and approachable. The software is feature-rich and the company continues to innovate and push the boundaries.

Cons

Lack of chat function to be able to communicate in real time with reception and other clinic rooms. This would be a great addition. Lack of integration with my preferred histology lab. The software has gone down a couple of times, which is a real problem as we rely so heavily on it for consent taking and clinical notes. Having a backup in place fro when these outages happen would be good.

Thank you so much Daniel! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau. If you have any ideas you want to share as you have mentioned do send them to our community page so the team can review them. https://community.pabau.com/

SI

Sue I.

Problems, problems, problems

I have been using Pabau now for 8 months as I wanted a system that was mobile and would offer me a paper free environment. Pabau promised so much but has so far under-delivered. The main desktop version is fine for booking appointments and creating invoices but using the database for marketing within Pabau is not good. The mobile app is useless. I am constantly contact support because one thing or...

Pros

Offers a lot of functions

Cons

It is unstable and a lot of the functions either do not work or keep crashing the programme.

Thank you for the review Sue! We have been developing a new marketing leading app for over 1.5 years here is a link to alive Demo so you can see what it offers. https://marvelapp.com/prototype/d6aih0h/screen/63899119 We have also launched Advanced Marketing so do reach out to us to see about using this powerful marketing tool if you need a boost there. As we are the process of building Pabau form the ground up to be a more reliable and faster system please fell free to post any ideas you have in the community forum. https://community.pabau.com/

LM

Luke M.

Fantastic Software when it works

Well thought out software which tackles almost all of our requirements. However, very frustrating that there are new major issues on a weekly and almost daily basis. Without these constant issues this software would be unbeatable. As it stands, I am currently looking into possible alternative software providers.

Pros

The features are great and plentiful. Really well thought out software. Easy to use and it’s great that its accessible on multiple devices in multiple locations. Functionality that other software does not have.

Cons

Software constantly has issues, features regularly don’t work. Integrated payment system has issues and has lost us income. Online booking system has had issues. Issues between patients accessing information dependant on what device they are using.

Thank you for the review Luke. Sorry to hear you have has this difficulty with the system. We are always upgrading our system and keeping up to date with the newest payment and security technologies. Juts this year we have introduced Apple and Google pay to make your Online Booking even more effective. We are in the process of building Pabau 2 which will be more powerful and faster in every aspect. Do reach out to us on the live chat so we can discuss how you can continue using the system to further help you on! I am also offering you free one on one training with one of our training experts! Do contact us and we can set this up!

VR

Victoria R.

Webinar

I really want to be able to understand and use the features properly to full capacity but I don’t have the time

Pros

The features, service, security and patient management

Cons

Setting things up and can’t revert back when I make a mistake Figuring things out and seeing patients is very timely and complicated

Thank you for taking the time to send us a review. Here at Pabau we have a support team that can help and guide you and that now respond in less than 2 minutes. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any reason! Over the last 3 months our customer satisfaction ratings on our live chat have been above 95% with an average 1 minute first response time and 25 minutes to fully resolve issues. We have dealt with over 21,000 conversations in the last year, so hopefully you will not hesitate to contact us! We are also always happy to offer as much training as is required and have over 10 live webinars you can join to get the very best out of Pabau, you can find these in Setup > Training.

GR

Giorgia R.

Great software

I need to get accustomed more with it, but overall so far I have had a good experience. Thank you!

Pros

The software without doubt is vast but pretty much intuitive. After the initial training all made much more sense and if in doubt I can always watch again the recordings. What I like the most is the integrated function to make your own marketing campaigns and the loyalty points you can give to your patients when they refer friends, without counting my practice is now paperless and I don't have to take folders with me in different clinics!

Cons

I would have preferred if the payment system could offer more methods rather than just Stripe. This might be something the developers can look into it.

Thank you so much Giorgia! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help! The idea for more payment providers is excellent! Do feel free to give any idea you have on how to improve at out community page. We love hearing from you! https://community.pabau.com/

Ks

Kirsty s.

Medical Practice, self-employed

Great Software

Great customer care. I'm a night owl so even had replies from staff at 11pm which i was expecting the next day to answer questions. I wasn't pushed with a hard sell which was nice! Ive interacted with most staff as ive asked multiple questions daily as ive set the system up and always received a speedy helpful response. Very friendly, welcoming staff with great systemising and automation software!

Pros

I purchased this for when we reopen. I was considering taking a new member of staff on to do all the implementing and automation as well as stock control etc. all the bits I dont have time to do but purchased the software instead. It allows me to run reports at my own convenience. I enjoy that it ha content blocks on as i rent from various areas and I dont want them to access my performance and cash flow etc yet they can still book in my clients. Im very visual and so is this program you can simple colour code, add clients and staff photos etc.

Cons

Its a little tricky to use at first but easy to learn. I am an android fan as ive had to purchase an ipad for clients journeys etc which was a pain so that i can use the app,

CH

Clare H.

Honest feedback

Poor, disapointing. The day the trainer was an hour late was a sign of things to come. Wish we would of never signed up

Pros

Nearly nothing with the exception of recalls

Cons

everything, literally nearly everything. I have to do all the programing, its clunky, not intuitive and built like the original MAC. Lack of integrations- terrible back end- snapshot or dashboard is nearly non existent.

CP

Carissa P.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

One stop shop!!!

The reporting functions are a game changer!

Pros

Pabau is intuitive, user friendly and packed with features. We have researched the top 10 practice software programs and it by FAR out ways all the rest. SO EXCITED

Cons

We are only in the early stages of use but so far have not found anything that we don't like or can't find a work around for.

MP

Maria P.

Leader in clinic software

The staff are always willing to help, my experience has been mixed when it’s working it’s excellent but when there are hiccups is disastrous (more the fact that we can’t work without it). I would describe it as a love hate relationship.

Pros

I like how I can manage the day to day running of the clinic having all the tools and technology at the touch of a button. I also like how visual the software is making it user friendly.

Cons

I find the set up very technical which is frustrating because I could get so much more from PABAU. I have been with PABAU since its infant years and there has been numerous updates which we just can’t keep up with. It would be good to speak to someone as email communication is not always desirable.

Thank you for taking the time to send us a review. Here at Pabau we have a support team that at the moment respond in less than 2 minutes that can help guide you and help you. We also do phone calls so feel free to request one if you need to! We are also always happy to offer as much training as is required and have over 10 live webinars you can join to get the very best out of Pabau, you can find these in Setup > Training.

LH

Lisa H.

New User Review

as I’m new to Pabau and I have only scratched the surface but I already know that once i utilise all the functions (especially the marketing features) my business is going to grow so that I can do aesthetics full time.

Pros

I’ve tried several platforms for managing appointments, consent forms and clinic notes and i felt that they always lacked the marketing aspect. Pabau has everything under one platform and I especially like the client loyalty scheme as I’ve tried loyalty card which didn’t work as client were constantly loosing them to forgetting to bring them. I also like the marketing tool as i had always wanted to create a monthly news letter but didn’t know where to start. Looking forward to growing my business with Pabau.

Cons

I would be good if there were bite sized tutorials available on line to help set up the system and also to help clinics make the most of this amazing platform.

Thank you so much Lisa ! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help! We also offer free webinar on multiple topics for the system, find these in Setup-Training and register!

AS

Allan S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

This is going to be awesome!

Pros

Definitely worth getting on board with P2; despite the teething issues and occasional bugs (which the support team are always aiming to help with) the overall functionality is going to be amazing 🤩

Cons

Some areas remain in development in Pabau 2 but on the whole having a positive experience

Thanks for the review Allan - I know you are a great user of our system and we value you as a client. Make sure you have checked our new lessons on https://academy.pabau.com and remember you can book 121 success meetings to make sure you are getting the most out of our system anytime here:- https://support.pabau.com/meetings/pabau/success-meeting https://support.pabau.com/meetings/pabau/success-meeting-us For anyone else considering switching from Clinko - check out https://pabau.com/compare/cliniko/

CR

Craig R.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

evolving

Making clinic operations smooth and efficient

Pros

Constantly evolving, improving, and adding features to make the operation of a clinic as easy and efficient as possible

Cons

Email storage issues would like to cc all customer incoming emails for easier storage and retrieval

Thank you so much Craig! We are constantly welcoming new ideas for improvements so feel free to take this idea and post it on our community page https://community.pabau.com/ so the team can review it! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help!

HT

Hrafnkell T.

The best in market

Very positive and we plan to stay with them long-term.

Pros

Pabau has more functionality and flexibility than any other similar product on the market I know of. The customer support is instantaneous through messaging or phone - we always get instant help if we have any issues and the team are polite and try their best every time. The program is also in constant development and Pabau listens and reacts well to development requests, when needed.

Cons

The marketing and retargeting aspect of the software can be developed more, but has come on leaps and bounds this past year or so. It is now a very powerful tool for this purpose as well as all it's other great functionality.