PatientNOW

Patient engagement & electronic medical record (EMR) system

visit website

PatientNOW Reviews

Pros

I think the ability to customize your MedSpa software is good. Dividing the revenue up to cost of product, commission to injector, and profit of the product/service is really important.

It been a good experience they do provide a lot of webinars and help if you ask for it. It has been easy to work with PatientNow and there are helpful when you do reach out.

Louise C.

I like that customer service is very good, the trainers are excellent and the ease of creating notes and modifying templates is simple.

Michelle P.

Michelle P.

Reporting overall is terrible. There are too many functions.

Adriana V.

But we also found implementation staff to be unfamiliar with the system. Incomplete and incorrect information have been very costly to our practice needing to redo many aspects of the initial build.

Sarah W.

Patient Now Review

Everyone is friendly and responsive and ready to help. I would like to see quicker updates.

Pros

The PatientNow program is an excellent practice management system for a cosmetic practice. There are a few flaws, but I have found the developers and help desk to be really open to feedback. My only wish… quicker solutions. The program is solid from a marketing prospective, it features a drip marketing component that is correspondent to the patient’s procedure of interest or in the patient’s pathway...

Cons

As stated in “pros” section of the survey the marketing component “treatment pathways” is dynamic way to communicate with patients without having to remember to follow up or to create emails. Emails can essentially be launched daily to hundreds of different patients for the treatments they are interested in. This again is great! The issue is the program is not HTLM friendly so sending professional...

All software has pros and cons

Customers services is top notch! They are responsive and quite helpful. If it wasn't for their excellent customer service, we probably would have been very unhappy.

Pros

We switched to this software for the electronic record capacity. It isn't as user friendly as presented. We hoped to use voice dictation but this hasn't worked out.

Cons

The photography software needs to be improved and updated so we can create side by side comparisons and them save them or share them easily. This seems like an easy update.

Patient Now Review

THe software is OK. Its not very user friendly. I find that staffing adequate at PATient Now adequate but not outstanding. I find it annoying that at least 3 times a year our calls are returned after our hours and often times 2 days after the call is made.

Pros

Computer based, multiple machines can run. I like the Electronic Prescription Module. I like the scheduler. I like the ease of document template use and writing encounter notes. I dont like its integration with MIRROR software as it is too slow.

Cons

Dont like the report generator. It is unable to save the "steps" to generate a particular report so that everytime a report of a particular type that needs to be run, we must go through all the steps to run it. It is cumbersome and not time efficient. I purchased a Microsoft tablet to use with this software and it is quite cumbersome and dont use it. IT is too slow. I have all the latest and...

Considering EMR system

Pros

What I like about PatientNow is that it's an easy to use software and great features that can opt in for. Also, there is a new feature that I just recently tried was the CareCredit link directly in our software easy to use and it was quick and fast transactions VS logging into our CareCredit portal.

Cons

I feel at times that PatientNow can operate slow, we recently upgraded to the Icloud version to use some of their newer features that it provides. And in hopes that the software will be faster.

Patient Now Review

In all its is very good deal for what you get. The customer service and tech support is a main reason we decided to go with it.

Pros

This program has the capability to do so much and has increased our revenue by 15% in just the short time we have been using it. The ability to send mass text and communicate via text allows us to send promotions we normally were limited in an eblast. Patient Now is also very efficient in transitioning from paper to fully electronic paperwork. The pre loaded templates make for a easy transition. We also utilize the treatment pathways that really make our office seamless and professional. Patient Now has buildable reports that make allocating our marketing dollars more efficient. Overall it is a very eloquent program.

Cons

The learning curve but worth it. It would be nice to know that it usually takes 6 months to 12 months.

I had better expectations

I have mixed feelings. Some days I'm glad i got it and most I am frustrated. I went from paper and many times would like to go back.

Pros

Many different features. I'm sure when I get the hang of it all it will be worth it but still very confusing at times.

Cons

Difficult getting started. Still in the beginning process with pathways almost 6 months later. Only help when I ask for it never above and beyond what I need. Very hard to get meetings with my "person" although he is very nice. About 75% of my patients do not like the portal and the online booking is confusing for them I now am doing a lot more scheduling myself taking time away from the practice.

Best decision I made

This software has helped us to not lose patients through the cracks. It allows us to follow up with patients and the texting feature is amazing!

Pros

This software is so user friendly. Training new staff is so easy!

Cons

Wish it were more customizable. We have specific areas that we'd like to be able to change specific to our practice and are unable. I also wish reporting was more customizable.

Cloud service needs help

Overall a 4 out of 5.

Pros

Customer support and our trainer. The weekly webinars are great training tools

Cons

Since the cloud migration, we’ve had a couple of issues

PatientNow - almost there...

Pros

Scheduling functions work well. Handles large patient data base well.

Cons

Patient information books do not handle multiple procedures well - there is much redundant printing of common sections. The old Inform software is dramatically better at this part of things - to the point that we still use it for pre-operative document generation. I am not happy that I am being forced to convert from our server-based version to a cloud-based version within the next year. I worry about data security and having a non-functional office in the event of an internet failure.

Pros

Still looking...........................

Cons

I can not fathom with all the features that are built into the software that a feature doesn't exist where if someone schedules an online appointment with me that I can't receive an immediate email notification. Case and point (example): If I leave work on Friday at 5pm and have no one scheduled for Saturday, but someone logs in Friday night at 5:01 to make an appointment for Saturday morning - I won't...

Owner review

I absolutely LOVE customer support! they are all so incredibly helpful, patient and pleasant to work with! I also really appreciate the quarterly software updates and that when I have feedback/suggestion it is taken seriously

Pros

We love the ease of scheduling, the EMR feature, the portal for our patients to fill out paperwork, patientADVANTAGE, securePAY NOW, on-line appointment feature, reports

Cons

Creating custom packages involving multiple different services and products is a HUGE pain and very inefficient. there needs to be a much easier way of doing this as we are constantly creating these custom packages every day for our patients. Inventory management. there is NONE and that is a huge problem. No business selling retail should be without a good inventory management system. Right now we have no way to create purchase orders or to receive orders and close out PO's with an automatic update of our inventory. this is very problematic

Patient Now Good & Bad

Overall it's fair. We finally have a trainer who is fantastic. She has helped us tremendously. The guys in support, for the most part, are very helpful but getting through to them sometimes is difficult.

Pros

I think the recent upgrade to include memberships and referral programs was a good one. It has made managing our membership program so much easier! I know can quickly look to see which patients' plans are expiring and quickly send them an email to renew. I can also add in the promotions and discounts so there is no more manual calculations done at the front desk.

Cons

The financial reporting still needs to be buffed up. In order to get the data I need, I have to run a report, download it to Excel, format it so that I can create pivot tables and then run the pivot tables. It's a lot of work. The schedule also needs to be improved. They have said for years that it's "on their list" but I've been hearing that since 2013.

PatientNOW Cloud

I have been a user of PatientNOW for 7 plus years now. We have always received wonderful support from the trainers, managers and support team. However, I wanted to share the most current experience that sparked this review. A couple of weeks ago I contacted sales to hear about moving our current server based PatientNOW over to PatientNOW cloud. As our server is older and will no longer be supported...

Pros

The lay out. Once you understand the basic workings of the software is very easy to get around.

Cons

I have a hard time creating the templates, however they trainers are always willing to help.

good system but still needs some improvement

Pros

EMR works pretty well when the provider is in the office.

Cons

1. The report functionality still needs a lot improvement. A lot very essential reports are missing or not working well if you are trying to use PN reports to run data analysis to grow your practice, control your inventory, reconcile commissions or system audit. The support team will input the enhancement request for you if they see the importance of the modification needed but no guarantee when...

The First 100....

The experience is nothing short of a 5 stars because of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] . He is open, pleasant, and interested in improvement.

Pros

As one of the first 100 uses of this product, what I like the most is their willingness to listen to the users needs, challenges, and questions. How often does [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] of the company travel to your office to see it in use?

Cons

Over the years the weaknesses of any program should improve and PatientNOW has done just that. As nothing is perfect, their could be some work with marrying Quickbooks; time clock integration to Quickbooks; prescription platform.

Great Product

Over all I would recommend this product to anyone. I do think it takes a little coaching at first to understand how to use the software but it is very helpful to pull reports and to help us track patient turn around. It is nice to be able to pre saved quotes so it reduces the amount of time a patient is waiting on me.

Pros

It helps us keep up with tracking our patients conversion rates.

Cons

I don't like that we have to give so much detail to generate a report. We have to create a new category for every procedure if that procedure requires a revision. We thought we had it down to where we could pull from a discounts report but we actually had to go in and create a revision category for all procedures to acquire accurate data.

PatientNow

PatientNow allowed us to streamline our business. It was difficult to transition over to paperless, but the Patientnow system was pretty intuitive and our staff adjusted. It was an excellent choice for our business and I'm grateful we discovered it when be began our paperless transition back in 2011.

Pros

We are a plastic surgery practice and we purchased this software because it allowed us to use it for both our insurance billing as well as cosmetic billing. We sell skin care products as part of our business and this software allowed us to use a bar code scanner, inventory the products and create cosmetic invoices. A lot of medical software is not geared towards plastic surgery practices which require both insurance and cosmetic billing. The others that we researched, were much more complicated, much more expensive and had many components that we didn't need. We didn't want to pay for features we wouldn't end up using. We were fortunate to purchase PatientNow when it was first coming out and got a fantastic introductory offer.

Cons

Occasionally, I come across a report or feature that is missing, what I feel like, are obvious options. The help department usually is responsive to our feedback.

Product Review

PatientNow offers EVERYTHING you need for a practice. It provides everything from scheduling appointments, texting/emailing to communicate with patients, and extensive patient charts to running reports for tracking your practices growth and keeping your inventory, products, and services organized. It is a great program with just a few minor inconveniences. I feel like there is not program that will not have those though. The great part is PatientNow has great customer service to help you maneuver through those minor set-backs.

Pros

The customer service department availability and knowledge is awesome! If the person that I come in contact with first does not have a solution, they make sure they find the right person for finding the solution.

Cons

There are some simple functionalities that I wish were different. For instance, printing multiple copies of requisitions, quotes, invoices, etc. There is no option to print multiple copies at one time. It is little stuff like that, that may not take a long time, but through out the day gets frustrating. I also do not like that there is ONE type of scanner that is compatible with their program. It is a very expensive scanner and I wish there were more options.

Great system for a cash based aesthetic practice

Overall, great software product at an excellent price. Customer support has been great too, so I would highly recommend this to others.

Pros

The software has addressed key work flow requirements in aesthetic practices. It has very helpful templates already included and making your own custom templates is very easy. Now that our practice has had it for some time we have started looking at the analytics that the software offers. Finally, text and email marketing is included which means we do not have to pay another vendor to do it or enter emails/phone numbers on another platform.

Cons

I wish the software interface was more streamlined. When I say this, I am specifically referring to the small boxes and colors.

Pretty unhappy with my experience.

I spent a fortune purchasing this software and basically only use it as a scheduler. There are parts of the software that are poorly thought out and the company has never addressed these issues. And after purchasing the full product they are now migrating to a cloud-based platform and have no regard for the fact that I purchased their software outright, and have paid for support monthly for years.

Pros

It’s programmability and it’s full feature set.

Cons

Lack of true support to ever get it properly Implemented

Good concept needing better functionality and speed

The owner is visionary. The concepts are great. It could be more user friendly. See above.

Pros

I bought this because of the patient engagement and retention features. It was okay until it became cloud based. It has good potential but it requires the support team to implement or change pathways.

Cons

The cloud based version. It is so slow it is actually disruptive to our day. Seems thing to disappear or drop off. The features that were supposed to be present in the cloud, and why we switched before we had to are not there, eg memberships and the ability to ACH their monthly payments. They supposedly have an iPad version that will help in the rooms but we haven’t gotten it up and running yet. You cannot just switch from one user to another without the whole program rebooting again and my assistants follow me rather than staying in the same room. Customer service is responsive but we are all very frustrated at the moment.

Our experience with PatientNow for 7 years

Charting and record maintenance. Analysis of performance data.

Pros

Designed particular for esthetic surgery and medi spas. Very easy to set up and to use. Excellent tech support. Cloud storage eliminate the need for a local server and concerns of backup security. Easy to use at multiple sites.

Cons

Since transition to cloud storage, annual cost is higher. Still a good value.

Easy to use with a lot of features

Overall we are very pleased with Patient Now and have been using it for several years now. The tech support is very helpful.

Pros

The dashboard is very user friendly and our staff is able to learn the processes quickly. There are a lot of tutorials and webinars available.

Cons

There are some limitations to customization, and some steps that could be a little more efficient. The payment function requires you to use their merchant services.

Online Booking and Other Functions that don't work like they should

The text reminders are really great. Also the pathways are good. They are a little complex but seem to work to get patients back in the door. I think once a quarter a trainer should go through them with their accounts as when things change etc. things can get messed up. Or they add new services and a pathway never gets created or gets created poorly.

Pros

Scheduling on this software is very easy. Creating invoices is also simple.

Cons

The online booking. There is no way for the patient to reschedule so they end up just booking multiple spots. Also, I wish there was a way to guarantee the booking with a credit card as so many people make appointments and don't show. Also, I wish when you selected a provider, the drop down for services only put what that provider is able to do. Many people are searching providers for the wrong services. Also, a schedule marking for patients that have done paperwork online. And it should prompt them to do this when booking.

Best of the worst?

A bit Soso. It’s doing what we needed to do, but the promised constant contact integration that was supposed to happen in March 2019 never happened. The marketing portal is pretty worthless. The program is not a real cloud-based program which is irksome considering I have apple computers at home and had to buy a PC just to look on patient now. The software has glitches and patients do not like the portal either. More often than not they have difficulty accessing it and filling it out. Sometimes they get to the end of all the questions and the submit button does not work. If I start a note on a patient and then do a procedure, often that note disappears and I have to start over.

Pros

Cons

It is not possible to flip between windows. So if you are in putting a new product and forgot to put in the manufacturer, you have to switch out of one window, lose all of your information put in manufacturer and then go back. Sometimes this happens three or four times because there is a sequence of putting in things that is not intuitive and the software does not automatically create the flow for.