PatientNow Logo

4.1

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend7.76/10

Reviews by rating

It been a good experience they do provide a lot of webinars and help if you ask for it. It has been easy to work with PatientNow and there are helpful when you do reach out.
I like that customer service is very good, the trainers are excellent and the ease of creating notes and modifying templates is simple.
This system is great for a smaller business like mine or larger surgical practices like my husband's. The actual software is easy to use and easily learned by even new employees.
Sometimes they get to the end of all the questions and the submit button does not work. If I start a note on a patient and then do a procedure, often that note disappears and I have to start over.
Reporting overall is terrible. There are too many functions.
No in fact this isn't the case and you guys KNOW IT. I know you are undergoing certain upgrades to improve the product, however you have lied to your consumers and I'm furious over it.

IG

Issac G.

Best software out there!

Our overall experience with PatientNow has been great. One of the areas I failed mention was their customer support.

Pros

One stop shop for all your software needs. From scheduling, patient management, to all your communication needs and also has excellent analytic reports

Cons

Texting features, currently not compatible on apple products

SS

Simran S.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Great system for a cash based aesthetic practice

Overall, great software product at an excellent price. Customer support has been great too, so I would highly recommend this to others.

Pros

The software has addressed key work flow requirements in aesthetic practices. It has very helpful templates already included and making your own custom templates is very easy. Now that our practice has had it for some time we have started looking at the analytics that the software offers. Finally, text and email marketing is included which means we do not have to pay another vendor to do it or enter emails/phone numbers on another platform.

Cons

I wish the software interface was more streamlined. When I say this, I am specifically referring to the small boxes and colors.

JB

Jonathan B.

Patient Now Review

THe software is OK. Its not very user friendly. I find that staffing adequate at PATient Now adequate but not outstanding. I find it annoying that at least 3 times a year our calls are returned after our hours and often times 2 days after the call is made.

Pros

Computer based, multiple machines can run. I like the Electronic Prescription Module. I like the scheduler. I like the ease of document template use and writing encounter notes. I dont like its integration with MIRROR software as it is too slow.

Cons

Dont like the report generator. It is unable to save the "steps" to generate a particular report so that everytime a report of a particular type that needs to be run, we must go through all the steps to run it. It is cumbersome and not time efficient. I purchased a Microsoft tablet to use with this software and it is quite cumbersome and dont use it. IT is too slow. I have all the latest and...

janit p.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Patient Now Good & Bad

Overall it's fair. We finally have a trainer who is fantastic. She has helped us tremendously. The guys in support, for the most part, are very helpful but getting through to them sometimes is difficult.

Pros

I think the recent upgrade to include memberships and referral programs was a good one. It has made managing our membership program so much easier! I know can quickly look to see which patients' plans are expiring and quickly send them an email to renew. I can also add in the promotions and discounts so there is no more manual calculations done at the front desk.

Cons

The financial reporting still needs to be buffed up. In order to get the data I need, I have to run a report, download it to Excel, format it so that I can create pivot tables and then run the pivot tables. It's a lot of work. The schedule also needs to be improved. They have said for years that it's "on their list" but I've been hearing that since 2013.

GB

Gabi B.

Repta Plastic Surgery Feedback

Pros

-Easily customizable -Treatment Pathways -Keeps all your tools in one place (billing, marketing, feedback, etc.)

Cons

-Inconsistent customer support -Would like to see an option for manual writing on an encounter note (like with an apple pen)

JO

Joglaine O.

Medspa w/PatientNow

Although there were some shortfalls in the expected offerings of the program, the support team really did their best to assist us whenever we called in.

Pros

We appreciate that the EMR, patient records, and messaging being in the same program.

Cons

We wish the marketing worked for us, but it was lacking in the amount of messages that we were permitted to send out. That would've been fine however sales communicated something different in the initial calls.

Lilith B.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Unethical company with extremely poor customer service

Overall terrible experience! Once you decide that the product is not for you, it's difficult to cancel. They continue to aggressively charge you. It's difficult to get any phone calls or e-mails back. They don't honor their promises of refunding you, moreover they treat you with disrespect as they just ghost you without trying to find a resolution. I don't want any other company to fall into their trap.

Pros

Not much... RxPhoto is the only part of the company that we like and use

Cons

Convoluted, compilation of half-baked products, difficult to set up, slows you down

LP

Lenore P.

Patient Now User

Patient Now software is perfect for us because it keeps track of our patients needs through the treatment pathways, sends out appointment reminders, creates financial reports that are important to our company, as well as email blasts, ease of use workflow calendars/ scheduling. Also love that PN keeps track of patient referrals.

Pros

The scheduling , invoice/payment features of patient now work very well. All of the steps are very well thought out and easy to understand.

Cons

Trying to learn how to create an email list to send out an email blast. However, the cust serv reps are amazing and patient and helpful. They can get you through anything that is PN related.

SK

Sarah K.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Med Spa Experience with PatientNow

PatientNow is the 3rd EMR system I have used since opening my medspa 7 years ago. I've now used PatientNow for nearly 3 years, and it by far the best system i've tried. I feel that it has most everything I need for both my needs and those of my patients. They are continually updating the system and making improvements to the software. I love that they integrate with RxPhoto which makes my charting seamless!

Pros

Patients can schedule on lineIntegration with RXPhoto

Cons

It was a large investment in time and effort in the beginning to create all of my forbs.

TF

Thomas F.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

PatientNow - almost there...

Pros

Scheduling functions work well. Handles large patient data base well.

Cons

Patient information books do not handle multiple procedures well - there is much redundant printing of common sections. The old Inform software is dramatically better at this part of things - to the point that we still use it for pre-operative document generation. I am not happy that I am being forced to convert from our server-based version to a cloud-based version within the next year. I worry about data security and having a non-functional office in the event of an internet failure.

LS

Leticia S.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

PatientNow technology and ease of use supersedes our expectations

In our medical practice it is crucial to have a dependable and user friendly EMR system and we have been using 10+ years without any issues. The overall support has been very well and if the support staff cannot assist they will find someone that can. One of the best things is that it is not on the Cloud.

Pros

Easily can use of and train for PatientNow. Appreciate that support team accepts recommendations to adding reports. Support staff has been very good since we have been using it (10+ years)

Cons

Would like to able to customize reports more to our needs.

vD

victoria D.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

good system but still needs some improvement

Pros

EMR works pretty well when the provider is in the office.

Cons

1. The report functionality still needs a lot improvement. A lot very essential reports are missing or not working well if you are trying to use PN reports to run data analysis to grow your practice, control your inventory, reconcile commissions or system audit. The support team will input the enhancement request for you if they see the importance of the modification needed but no guarantee when...

KW

Katie W.

Great Product

Over all I would recommend this product to anyone. I do think it takes a little coaching at first to understand how to use the software but it is very helpful to pull reports and to help us track patient turn around. It is nice to be able to pre saved quotes so it reduces the amount of time a patient is waiting on me.

Pros

It helps us keep up with tracking our patients conversion rates.

Cons

I don't like that we have to give so much detail to generate a report. We have to create a new category for every procedure if that procedure requires a revision. We thought we had it down to where we could pull from a discounts report but we actually had to go in and create a revision category for all procedures to acquire accurate data.

RR

Rachel R.

Plastics, 1-10 employees

Product Review

PatientNow offers EVERYTHING you need for a practice. It provides everything from scheduling appointments, texting/emailing to communicate with patients, and extensive patient charts to running reports for tracking your practices growth and keeping your inventory, products, and services organized. It is a great program with just a few minor inconveniences. I feel like there is not program that will not have those though. The great part is PatientNow has great customer service to help you maneuver through those minor set-backs.

Pros

The customer service department availability and knowledge is awesome! If the person that I come in contact with first does not have a solution, they make sure they find the right person for finding the solution.

Cons

There are some simple functionalities that I wish were different. For instance, printing multiple copies of requisitions, quotes, invoices, etc. There is no option to print multiple copies at one time. It is little stuff like that, that may not take a long time, but through out the day gets frustrating. I also do not like that there is ONE type of scanner that is compatible with their program. It is a very expensive scanner and I wish there were more options.

KH

Kim H.

Keep looking

If the software works as promised, and they provide any kind of customer support then I would recommend it. But my experience over the last three to four months has been so poor that even though it will cost me a lot of time I'm going to start looking for another company to work with. It's over a week for a return call and sometimes not at all, even for technical support issues. I have asked for a refunds and discounts on services because of the poor turnaround time, and never hear back anything. Do not recommend

Pros

I like the charting features, and the patient follow up is what I originally signed up for.

Cons

Firstly it has become extremely slow and difficult to use. It used to be quite fast, but now charting takes an inordinate amount of time. I have reached out to the company four times at this point and struggle to even get a call back.

CC

Craig C.

Great Product for the Value

We have enjoyed working with Envision. The software does what we need, customer support is efficient and knowledgeable in assisting with problem solving.

Pros

We've been using Envision for a few years now. It's pretty user friendly, has all of the software features that we need (although we don't use them all), makes it easy to manage patient appointments and charting. We have 2 different clinics in 2 different states and Envision makes it easy to manage what needs to be separated but keep together what needs to be in one place.

Cons

We did not find the credit card processing very user friendly for our clients so terminated that service. We also did not find the marketing email feature very user friendly.

Thank you for your review! We pride ourselves on providing a powerful, yet user-friendly program. We are enhancing our credit card processing frequently, so we encourage you to take a second look when you're ready. Thank you for your feedback!

KR

Kaye R.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Good concept needing better functionality and speed

The owner is visionary. The concepts are great. It could be more user friendly. See above.

Pros

I bought this because of the patient engagement and retention features. It was okay until it became cloud based. It has good potential but it requires the support team to implement or change pathways.

Cons

The cloud based version. It is so slow it is actually disruptive to our day. Seems thing to disappear or drop off. The features that were supposed to be present in the cloud, and why we switched before we had to are not there, eg memberships and the ability to ACH their monthly payments. They supposedly have an iPad version that will help in the rooms but we haven’t gotten it up and running yet. You cannot just switch from one user to another without the whole program rebooting again and my assistants follow me rather than staying in the same room. Customer service is responsive but we are all very frustrated at the moment.

KL

Kat L.

PatientNow

Our original practice manager was so helpful in getting us set up and continued to offer personal support to us. Now we use the generic help desk and have not been able to resolve some issues or are told that they may be considered for the next update

Pros

PatientNow has EMR, scheduling, inventory, finances, and reports all in one place.

Cons

It is not intuitive for how to use, so everything must be taught by support staff.

TG

Theo G.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Good product

It is lower in cost than other systems, but cloud-based services make it difficult to use

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive, similar functions to other products on the market. Able to be modified to fit the practice.

Cons

No Mac support. Cloud based resources make it’s reliability frustrating at times. In the future, might consider backing up info locally.

LW

Lisa W.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Long-time users

it is an intuitive program to learn, but many features that we would think would be part of any good program aren't there and haven't been added over the almost 7 years we've requested them

Pros

Easy to navigate and intuitive. Makes it easy to onboard new employees. Unlike some other products it doesn't try to cover every specialty which makes it simple to understand

Cons

Can't bring up more than one session/patient at a time so have to interrupt what you're worjking with and navigate back where you were if you need to take care of another patient issue- especially challenging at front desk. No way of indicating urgent patient issues with warning- such as "do not schedule this patient" or "patient owes collections"- sticky note option is too easy to miss

LC

Louise C.

Plastics, 11-50 employees

Considering EMR system

Pros

What I like about PatientNow is that it's an easy to use software and great features that can opt in for. Also, there is a new feature that I just recently tried was the CareCredit link directly in our software easy to use and it was quick and fast transactions VS logging into our CareCredit portal.

Cons

I feel at times that PatientNow can operate slow, we recently upgraded to the Icloud version to use some of their newer features that it provides. And in hopes that the software will be faster.

JD

Jodi D.

Great product. Moderate learning curve

Has been challenging to get it all set up and running. Still not at full capacity as there are some features I haven’t tackled yet. When we schedule training, sometimes it takes a week or two to get it set up

Pros

I like the mobile app feature. Helps me when I’m on the go to keep everything up to date and current in real time. Wish I could do more from the app

Cons

Some features feel like an old DOS system and outdated. Some features are redundant.

SG

Susie G.

Great Program for Plastic Surgery Office

Pros

It seems like they have thought of everything. From lots of shortcuts to reporting options to the day to day scheduling, it is all very easy to learn and has a natural flow.

Cons

They haven't really missed out on any option that I would like. If there is one, their tech team is very receptive to recommendations and they are constantly working to improve their product and it's offerings.

SG

Sue G.

Highly recommend PatientNow

PatientNow is easy to use and has many features that are useful to our medical practice and med spa. The ease of scheduling for a multi provider clinic is extremely important and this program offers that and more!

Pros

Navigating a patients EMR and the ease of scheduling for a busy multi provider clinic.

Cons

Would like to see an easier, more efficient way to add schedule blocks/times.

NC

Neil C.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Reliable software with good value

Pros

Good value. The pathway feature help organize the flow.

Cons

The appearance of the program has not been updated for over 10 years and looks a bit dated. The reports lack certain elements that we are looking for and can not be customized enough.