PatientNow Logo

PatientNow Reviews - Page 2

HS

Hope S.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

DISHONEST AND DYSFUNCTIONAL. Do NOT downgrade to cloud based version until they fix big bugs!

I ran out of room above; but there are multiple other problems with PN and their support and capabilities. The report and data analysis are a joke--if you really want to know, for instance, how many of a specific surgery you book from a certain city or area code to know which of your ad campaigns are actually turning into booked cases you can not. If you want to know how many of a specific type of...

Pros

My patient records are all currently stored in this EMR. That is the only pro. and the only reason we still have it. Will likely be switching soon.

Cons

Multiple misrepresentations and technical issues. Will list just a few : 1. Before and afters are crucial to a cosmetic surgery practice. PN has multiple issues with photo management .I put in an "enhancement request" July 2015-still pending. Issues include: You can create a before/after montage but CAN'T SAVE IT. Yep. You have to screen shot, save to your desktop, and then import back into the chart....

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Patient Now Review

Everyone is friendly and responsive and ready to help. I would like to see quicker updates.

Pros

The PatientNow program is an excellent practice management system for a cosmetic practice. There are a few flaws, but I have found the developers and help desk to be really open to feedback. My only wish… quicker solutions. The program is solid from a marketing prospective, it features a drip marketing component that is correspondent to the patient’s procedure of interest or in the patient’s pathway...

Cons

As stated in “pros” section of the survey the marketing component “treatment pathways” is dynamic way to communicate with patients without having to remember to follow up or to create emails. Emails can essentially be launched daily to hundreds of different patients for the treatments they are interested in. This again is great! The issue is the program is not HTLM friendly so sending professional...

LY

Leonid Y.

Overpriced photo management software

Pros

Multiple filters and tags definitely help you to organize and search

Cons

VERY SLOW , if the client has 100 or more photos you will be waiting 30 sec or more to load. Cropping function is really poorly thought out. After cropping, and confirm and save (15secs or so) it returns to full client record, which if large may take another 30 secs to load. After going through this for 10 photos it is exhausting. There is no option to go straight to the next photo without returning...

JO

Joglaine O.

Medspa w/PatientNow

Although there were some shortfalls in the expected offerings of the program, the support team really did their best to assist us whenever we called in.

Pros

We appreciate that the EMR, patient records, and messaging being in the same program.

Cons

We wish the marketing worked for us, but it was lacking in the amount of messages that we were permitted to send out. That would've been fine however sales communicated something different in the initial calls.

Kristin D.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

PatientNow is great value and easy to use

We've been using PatientNow since 2018 and they continue to strive to improve the product. They listen to their customers and they work with you to resolve issues. Customer Support is usually very responsive.

Pros

SecurePayNow, texting and emailing from the system are some of my favorite features. The ability to create templates is also very important to us as a practice. Not having to go back to support for everything.

Cons

Would like to be able to customize the clinical information more. Also, more area for clinical notes vs scheduling notes.

MS

Michelle S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

All software has pros and cons

Customers services is top notch! They are responsive and quite helpful. If it wasn't for their excellent customer service, we probably would have been very unhappy.

Pros

We switched to this software for the electronic record capacity. It isn't as user friendly as presented. We hoped to use voice dictation but this hasn't worked out.

Cons

The photography software needs to be improved and updated so we can create side by side comparisons and them save them or share them easily. This seems like an easy update.

DV

Dana V.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

This software over promises and under delievers

Terrible. My sales person lied to me regarding the functionality of the software. She reassured me in my demo as well as in emails that the system could do specific functions I require. I specifically asked if the system allowed for the creation of templates and/or dot phrases to make my charting streamline as well as consistent. She told me yes. She told me templates could be created in the update...

Pros

The software is aesthetically appealing to the eye.

Cons

Everything. The documentation screens are useless. Information is completely disjointed and non-cohesive. You have to click into to many sections to get the most simple of information regarding your treatment. The forms are in a completely different software called update my records. Why is information in so many disjointed places? Do not waste your time on this software. Keep looking. There are many other medspa software that offer much more than this company at the same price point.

SM

Shauna M.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

Patient Now Review

In all its is very good deal for what you get. The customer service and tech support is a main reason we decided to go with it.

Pros

This program has the capability to do so much and has increased our revenue by 15% in just the short time we have been using it. The ability to send mass text and communicate via text allows us to send promotions we normally were limited in an eblast. Patient Now is also very efficient in transitioning from paper to fully electronic paperwork. The pre loaded templates make for a easy transition. We also utilize the treatment pathways that really make our office seamless and professional. Patient Now has buildable reports that make allocating our marketing dollars more efficient. Overall it is a very eloquent program.

Cons

The learning curve but worth it. It would be nice to know that it usually takes 6 months to 12 months.

KW

Kristin W.

PatientNOW Cloud

I have been a user of PatientNOW for 7 plus years now. We have always received wonderful support from the trainers, managers and support team. However, I wanted to share the most current experience that sparked this review. A couple of weeks ago I contacted sales to hear about moving our current server based PatientNOW over to PatientNOW cloud. As our server is older and will no longer be supported...

Pros

The lay out. Once you understand the basic workings of the software is very easy to get around.

Cons

I have a hard time creating the templates, however they trainers are always willing to help.

AH

Ashleigh H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

New user but would still recommend

Overall, I’m very happy we made the switch. The benefits outweigh the cons and the addition of having the marketing emails and texts within the program make it very easy to reach your guests.

Pros

I like the cloud based feature. It makes having multiple locations much easier.

Cons

Employee scheduling is a nightmare. They make it way too difficult. And the sales reports need to be expandable so that you can see how envision came to that total.

vD

victoria D.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

good system but still needs some improvement

Pros

EMR works pretty well when the provider is in the office.

Cons

1. The report functionality still needs a lot improvement. A lot very essential reports are missing or not working well if you are trying to use PN reports to run data analysis to grow your practice, control your inventory, reconcile commissions or system audit. The support team will input the enhancement request for you if they see the importance of the modification needed but no guarantee when...

PC

Peter C.

The First 100....

The experience is nothing short of a 5 stars because of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] . He is open, pleasant, and interested in improvement.

Pros

As one of the first 100 uses of this product, what I like the most is their willingness to listen to the users needs, challenges, and questions. How often does [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] of the company travel to your office to see it in use?

Cons

Over the years the weaknesses of any program should improve and PatientNOW has done just that. As nothing is perfect, their could be some work with marrying Quickbooks; time clock integration to Quickbooks; prescription platform.

MS

Marcie S.

PatientNow

PatientNow allowed us to streamline our business. It was difficult to transition over to paperless, but the Patientnow system was pretty intuitive and our staff adjusted. It was an excellent choice for our business and I'm grateful we discovered it when be began our paperless transition back in 2011.

Pros

We are a plastic surgery practice and we purchased this software because it allowed us to use it for both our insurance billing as well as cosmetic billing. We sell skin care products as part of our business and this software allowed us to use a bar code scanner, inventory the products and create cosmetic invoices. A lot of medical software is not geared towards plastic surgery practices which require both insurance and cosmetic billing. The others that we researched, were much more complicated, much more expensive and had many components that we didn't need. We didn't want to pay for features we wouldn't end up using. We were fortunate to purchase PatientNow when it was first coming out and got a fantastic introductory offer.

Cons

Occasionally, I come across a report or feature that is missing, what I feel like, are obvious options. The help department usually is responsive to our feedback.

KW

Katie W.

Great Product

Over all I would recommend this product to anyone. I do think it takes a little coaching at first to understand how to use the software but it is very helpful to pull reports and to help us track patient turn around. It is nice to be able to pre saved quotes so it reduces the amount of time a patient is waiting on me.

Pros

It helps us keep up with tracking our patients conversion rates.

Cons

I don't like that we have to give so much detail to generate a report. We have to create a new category for every procedure if that procedure requires a revision. We thought we had it down to where we could pull from a discounts report but we actually had to go in and create a revision category for all procedures to acquire accurate data.

TT

Terra T.

Streamlined Software

Pretty good! Love all the functionality and treatment pathways! Setup is a bit difficult if you opt to do it yoursef (I'd recommend having PatientNow do the setup for you instead). Can be a little buggy sometimes but tech support is very responsive and helpful, as is their dev team.

Pros

PatientNow makes it easy to automate and streamline workflows and patient care. Cuts down on the time all processes take allowing more time for other tasks.

Cons

The system seems to be a bit buggy here and there.

SR

Samuel R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Pros

Still looking...........................

Cons

I can not fathom with all the features that are built into the software that a feature doesn't exist where if someone schedules an online appointment with me that I can't receive an immediate email notification. Case and point (example): If I leave work on Friday at 5pm and have no one scheduled for Saturday, but someone logs in Friday night at 5:01 to make an appointment for Saturday morning - I won't...

Mary C.

Overall Really Great!

Envision has been excellent to work with and the customer service is superb. As a start-up company it was pretty simple to get everything set up and going.

Pros

It has bundled most everything needed into one package and is pretty user-friendly.

Cons

The charting aspect still isn't perfect but much better. Also the client images would be nice if you could take the picture in the software that had a grid to help keep pictures consistent.

RR

Rachel R.

Plastics, 1-10 employees

Product Review

PatientNow offers EVERYTHING you need for a practice. It provides everything from scheduling appointments, texting/emailing to communicate with patients, and extensive patient charts to running reports for tracking your practices growth and keeping your inventory, products, and services organized. It is a great program with just a few minor inconveniences. I feel like there is not program that will not have those though. The great part is PatientNow has great customer service to help you maneuver through those minor set-backs.

Pros

The customer service department availability and knowledge is awesome! If the person that I come in contact with first does not have a solution, they make sure they find the right person for finding the solution.

Cons

There are some simple functionalities that I wish were different. For instance, printing multiple copies of requisitions, quotes, invoices, etc. There is no option to print multiple copies at one time. It is little stuff like that, that may not take a long time, but through out the day gets frustrating. I also do not like that there is ONE type of scanner that is compatible with their program. It is a very expensive scanner and I wish there were more options.

AM

Alison M.

Perfect EMR

Best for what we need. I've used many EMR's. This one does everything from scheduling, charting, prescribing, and also accepts payments, and manages inventory. We wanted one system that would do all of these things. PatientNow does all of this, and so much more.

Pros

Easy to use and responsive support. PatientNow does everything we need - scheduling, charting, documentation, payments, billing, text/email reminders, and able to text, email, and fax from within EMR, inventory, ordering, and practice analytics to evaluate and track anything. I love ability to E-prescribe with integrated PDMP, and able to print Rx when needed. Able to customize and add my own documentation templates - makes everything easy.

Cons

Spell check is not automatic in documentation - you have to remember to run spell check if you need it.

KH

Kim H.

Keep looking

If the software works as promised, and they provide any kind of customer support then I would recommend it. But my experience over the last three to four months has been so poor that even though it will cost me a lot of time I'm going to start looking for another company to work with. It's over a week for a return call and sometimes not at all, even for technical support issues. I have asked for a refunds and discounts on services because of the poor turnaround time, and never hear back anything. Do not recommend

Pros

I like the charting features, and the patient follow up is what I originally signed up for.

Cons

Firstly it has become extremely slow and difficult to use. It used to be quite fast, but now charting takes an inordinate amount of time. I have reached out to the company four times at this point and struggle to even get a call back.

IG

Issac G.

Best software out there!

Our overall experience with PatientNow has been great. One of the areas I failed mention was their customer support.

Pros

One stop shop for all your software needs. From scheduling, patient management, to all your communication needs and also has excellent analytic reports

Cons

Texting features, currently not compatible on apple products

SS

Simran S.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Great system for a cash based aesthetic practice

Overall, great software product at an excellent price. Customer support has been great too, so I would highly recommend this to others.

Pros

The software has addressed key work flow requirements in aesthetic practices. It has very helpful templates already included and making your own custom templates is very easy. Now that our practice has had it for some time we have started looking at the analytics that the software offers. Finally, text and email marketing is included which means we do not have to pay another vendor to do it or enter emails/phone numbers on another platform.

Cons

I wish the software interface was more streamlined. When I say this, I am specifically referring to the small boxes and colors.

BI

Brittany I.

I had better expectations

I have mixed feelings. Some days I'm glad i got it and most I am frustrated. I went from paper and many times would like to go back.

Pros

Many different features. I'm sure when I get the hang of it all it will be worth it but still very confusing at times.

Cons

Difficult getting started. Still in the beginning process with pathways almost 6 months later. Only help when I ask for it never above and beyond what I need. Very hard to get meetings with my "person" although he is very nice. About 75% of my patients do not like the portal and the online booking is confusing for them I now am doing a lot more scheduling myself taking time away from the practice.

Michael N.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Stay away

Horrible experience. Once I realized that they could not deliver on their promises, I asked to get out of my contract. They refused even though they admitted that they mis represented what they could deliver.

Pros

I liked what they first told me, that I could integrate all of my systems into one. Unfortunately, they were not able to do that. They mis represented what their system could do.

Cons

Their systems are not integrated. They lack basic features that other EMRs and Spa Software programs offer.

SN

Scott N.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Pretty unhappy with my experience.

I spent a fortune purchasing this software and basically only use it as a scheduler. There are parts of the software that are poorly thought out and the company has never addressed these issues. And after purchasing the full product they are now migrating to a cloud-based platform and have no regard for the fact that I purchased their software outright, and have paid for support monthly for years.

Pros

It’s programmability and it’s full feature set.

Cons

Lack of true support to ever get it properly Implemented