Phreesia Logo

A better, more engaging healthcare experience

Phreesia Reviews - Page 2

KA

Kelsey A.

DO NOT RECOMMEND

Extremely frustrating, time consuming, and expensive. Customer support communication was a complete disaster. Management was helpful but very difficult to get in touch with. Despite the product not working, they are not letting me out of my contract early. I absolutely do not recommend.

Pros

Phreesia was easy to set up and implement. This was mostly because I worked with a fantastic representative that made it easy. He was then promoted and my representative from then on was not helpful.

Cons

I used Phreesia for almost 2 years. Within months I was already asking for managers to get involved. For one year, I spoke with representatives in a one hour zoom call every other week, sent multiple emails about issues each week, submitted cases about errors with examples, etc. Despite the amount of detail and examples for each error, the customer support that would respond to submitted cases would...

JD

Justine D.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Our staff loves using Phreesia, and it's a super useful tool to enhance patient engagement...

From the beginning, the sales process was great. My sales rep truly knew the product and kept up with me when I had questions - I'm a tough sell for sure :) He understood the complexities of Family Practice and even offered solutions along the way. He worked well with my boss/decision maker and built a trust relationship with both of us. That's important! The implementation went very well, and...

Pros

Phreesia has a seamless integration with our EHR - we use Athena. The check in process has been cut down to seconds (as opposed to up to 10 minutes at a time), which allows the staff to focus on other ancillary jobs, and less face time with patients. This is a good feature during a pandemic! Also, the reduction of paper utilizing the electronic forms that automatically flow into the charts has...

Cons

I see no cons at this time to using Phreesia. In the past there may have been a cost issue, but they have worked out better packages for practices who are interested.

CL

Carisa L.

Phreesia Review

Aside from the software and how it has helped our practice, customer service from the very beginning until now is unmatched. I cannot say enough about the teams that I have worked with. They are patient, understanding and knowledgeable.

Pros

Our implementation of Phreesia could not have come at a better time. We started Phreesia at the beginning of 2020. When COVID guidelines came about in March 2020, we were able to keep our doors open because patients could have their registration completed before coming to the office. They did not have to wait in the waiting room as they were able to bypass the receptionist and go directly into an exam room when the time came for their appointment. Phreesia has also helped us increase our A/R because of the email reminders we can send patients regarding their balances as well as the ability to set up payment plans that are comfortable for both patients and our office.

Cons

There really isn't much to say as what we like least about Phreesia. We do have one common complaint among patients that the intake takes a long time but the information being requested is the same as on paper and necessary to their appointment.

JK

Jessica K.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Phreesia has increased our revenue during our trial period!

I am very satisfied with the communication between the phreesia set up team and myself. They have been very helpful with following up and making adjustments as needed. Our set up was customized to fit the practice (telehealth only) and it has been working out great.

Pros

I love the ease of the system. The system integrates with eCW EMR and cuts our office time in half, allowing to focus on other areas in the practice. Phreesia automatically sends the patients our practice consent forms and collects co payments during the check in process. We also customized our platform to allow patients with an outstanding balance to enroll into a payment plan. Many patients avoid our office calls when payment is due and have noticed patients prefer to enroll in payments plans on their own. We have seen a surge in old balances being collected these last two weeks.

Cons

I would be happy if phreesia had a patient self scheduling option that integrated with eCW. Right now, patients make an appointment request through a phreesia custom form and we manually add that appointment into our EMR. We do have an alternative for established patients wishing to self schedule so we only need to manually schedule New appointment request. It's not too bad.

SJ

Sarah J.

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Super User

Pros

Phreesia was able to give our Practice a leg up when the pandemic hit and our office was still mostly paper. There is such a wide range of usability. I typically try to use 1-2 days every 2-3 months to catch up on new enhancements and abilities Phreesia has introduced. I love being a part of the Beta program and providing feedback on their newest products. I feel like Phreesia, as a large company, actually hears our input and also considers it.

Cons

Phreesia's support team can be very impatient. As the admin, I would like to have more ability to customize Phreesia instead of having to go through support every time we want to make changes. There is a lot of ability to customize as the Admin, but not the most important types of things such as work flows or frequency of the workflows being sent out. I would like to see their self-scheduling improve....

SC

Savannah C.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Excellent Platform with room to grow

Our practice constantly has ideas that could improve the administrator and patient experience. I have always been a Phreesia advocate however I wish our client success associates gave us a "progress card" that we could give to our physicians. I also think Phreesia's structural organization is constantly changing as I have had over 10 different account reps to which I feel as I have to retrain/reexplain our practice every time. Again, our overall experience with Phreesia is excellent - we highly rely and function off of Phreesia.

Pros

The best part of Phreesia is everything it can do. If Phreesia is utilized to it's full ability the program pays for itself. Patient intake allows the physician to have updated and current information at every visit. We can collect and project pre collection for upcoming procedures, appointments, ect. It allows us to be knowledgeable in eligibility to know exactly what the patient's responsibility is. We are able to use data analysis to encompass how we are doing in almost every aspect; patient satisfaction survey, pre-visit utilization, collections and more.

Cons

As smart and functional as Phreesia is, I wish there was more ability to customize to our practice. We are a large facility with 4 different locations and each location may have differences that I wish Phreesia would have the ability to customize differences between these practices. For example. If we need to close a location for a day, rather than send out an email to ALL patients it would be extremely helpful to send a notification only to the patients of which are scheduled at that location.

KJ

Karla J.

Valuable tool

We absolutely love Phreesia. I have personally recommended Phreesia to people for many years. We save so much staff time by doing insurance verification, appointment reminders, and financial tasks through Phreesia. I highly recommend it.

Pros

We rely on the insurance verification to make sure we have the correct information to submit a clean claim. This is the #1 feature! Along with that, Phreesia identifies balances and copays, and allows us to collect that right at the time of service. We also rely on the automated appointment reminders, which helps cut down on no-shows. We use targeted communication to remind patients to schedule important follow up visits, or annual physicals. We use the patient payment features to send emails directly to the patient about balances, and they have the option to set up a payment plan directly through Phreesia.

Cons

Sometimes patients complain about too much communication. I wish there was better integration with the EHR for data, and not just the ability to save some items as a PDF. I wish Phreesia identified credit balances.

AV

Amanda V.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Check in process has become easier!

There are so many benefits to using Phreesia. From cutting down on the old school printing daily schedules, verifying every patients insurance one by one, then calling each patient to confirm appointment date/times to capturing required information via previsit in advance of the appointment.

Pros

Phreesia has grown tremendously over the years with their features, it’s amazing too see how far they have become. To be able to utilize technology & have a software to make things more streamlined with the day to day check in process for our increasing patient population is a must!

Cons

There are a few enhancements I have offered, which would be beneficial to Phreesia. Phreesia always has new features to offer, sometimes too many without making changes/updates to previous features.

FR

Frankie R.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Product does not function as promised

Pros

Integration to our PM system (Modernizing medicine) is poor and does not function as advertised. Patients and staff constantly complain about errors and issues. Connectivity is also poor, in a sense that when you have a busier day and you're checking in multiple patients at a time, they may not appear checked in on the EMR system which creates double work.

Cons

Patients show the front desk all the time that they completed their check in, however it does not reflect on the dashboard. Not as easy company to work with by any means, more headaches than anything else.

Lauren P.

Review of our experience

Make sure to read your contract VERY carefully and make note of your effective date on your order form. Your contract will automatically renew after 12 months or what they call your "initial term". But keep in mind, your contract will have 2 phases - Phase 1 which is an evaluation phase where you can decide if you like the product, and Phase 2 is your committed term where you pay monthly fees. BUT...

Pros

Self scheduling allowed more customization than our EMR system AthenaMore customizable messaging to patientsIntegration with our EMR system

Cons

Pricing structureContract fine print - misleading verbiage Amount of labor on our end to ensure forms were built correctly and matched with correct appointmentsThey will upsell you on everythingErrors related to daylight savings time

JC

Jill C.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Phreesia has made our Practice a whole lot better.

Its been great. I have used it at other Practices and it is great. We still have some patients who aren't going to use it, but that number is way out weighed by those who do and love it.

Pros

ease of use. Patient engagement. Shout outs to patients. Cut down tremendously on wait times and paperwork that had to be filled out.

Cons

We have struggled with the money part. The co pays and how they are posted. I think is our problem.

ML

Mandy L.

Phreesia is exceptional

Phreesia has been tremendous - it takes a large administrative load off of the front desk. The customer service is excellent, and definitely a great value.

Pros

The customer service is second to none. They respond quickly and courteously, and if they didn't have the features we needed, they were very quick to make those features available.

Cons

Some elderly patients don't love doing online check-in, but most of our patients find check-in easy and quick.

CA

Claudia A D.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Excellent stand alone product

Excellent experience. Customer service is quick to respond and communicate. The benefits of having E&B at our fingertips have far outweighed any issues. The dashboard is user-friendly and easy to navigate.

Pros

Phreesia has helped improve our overall collections with the ability to verify E&B for most insurances. The ability to know insurance details in real-time is a benefit that more than pays itself. Additionally, interviews sent as e-documents is a feature that has set us apart from other facilities.

Cons

Integration has been an ongoing issue. The interface is clunky and causes a lot of problems with duplicate encounters, multiple documents in EHR, and lag time from when an appointment is entered into our EHR to when it populates in Phreesia varies from instantaneous to many minutes. Additionally, if the interface stops working for some reason everything goes haywire. All documents then end up in our holding tank.

JJ

Jennifer J.

Very Beneficial

While using Phreesia we have cut down on the amount of reminder calls we have to make daily, our paper usage has decreased with the ability to send them out electronically. Collecting co pays and balances on account has increased with the option to keep a card on file.

Pros

We have saved a lot of time with the appointment reminder function, along with all paperwork being sent out prior to appointment. Having our patients be able to pay online and keep a card on file has been a game changer. Customer support is always a great help when contacted.

Cons

We had a few hiccups while integrating with our system, but they were great to work with and made sure everything was corrected. It would be nice if we could set patient reminders farther out than 3 days; we like to remind our patients a few weeks/months ahead of time in case they need to change the appt.

Alex R.

Patient intake and management

Benefits realized include Insurance verification, EMR integration and managing patient intake have all been a great experience. However, Phreesia is expensive and whilst we appreciate that Phreesia has a lot of functionality, it takes a lot of training and a keen eye to fully understand all the notification icons on the portal's home page.

Pros

Integration with our EMR and having patient engagement with appointment confirmation. For applicable patients to be able to complete their gaps in care on the tablet for things such as ADHD, Risk Fall Assessment, Anxiety and depression.

Cons

Integration with our EMR was not difficult, but stability or reliability of the system with numerous loss of some functionality. Text message limitations. It seems that the ability for patients to pay online through our website stopped working due to some problem with copying the HTML code from Phreesia to our website.

SH

Sarah H.

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

The Best decision we could have made!

Pros

I cant' say enough about Phreesia! Their platform is so user friendly it makes the front end workflow easier and more efficient. I love that they are always growing their offerings with weekly updates. Knowing they are willing to make the moves needed to stay relevant and a leader in the market.

Cons

They have great offerings, some of which are not available for certain practice management system. There are issues with the vendors they are connecting to. The other vendors are holding back the capabilities to make Phreesia even more powerful and useful for the end users.

TL

Todd L.

Patient Intake and Engagement for the 21st Century

Pros

Excellent implementation team and training; excellent, easy to use product.

Cons

Certain fields do not currently transmit directly into our EHR (Greenway Primesuite)

TG

Tara G.

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Phreesia Proud!!

Exceptional!!!! You truly have a great team at Phreesia. It has been such a pleasure.

Pros

I am a tech, so I am impressed with all this application can do. Truly makes the job for our staff so much quicker and easier in all areas of their job. Integration with our EHR was impressive. Phreesia has an amazing team that goes far and beyond to make the Phreesia application work for you. Truly so appreciated!!

Cons

Truly nothing. I have enjoyed my entire experience with the Phreesia team!!

CB

Chris B.

Lots of Options But Phreesia is the Clear Cut Winner

We had a great experience from the design of the platform and working with the Phreesia team to customize the platform exactly the way we wanted it. They have flexibility to make it specific to your practice and the Phreesia team is incredibly knowledgeable and helpful.

Pros

Completely streamlined the patient experience from reminder calls, Kiosk service for self check in, converted all our patient documents to digital format, allowed for online portal payments and have allowed us to create custom patient satisfaction surveys for our patients.

Cons

Can be a little cost prohibitive for some smaller practices but made sense for our office which falls in the medium/large category. Customer success reps change frequently post implementation.

AE

Angela E.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Best software purchase ever!

Phreesia has been great to work with over the past 8 years. When making suggestions you are heard. Phreesia listens and takes your ideas back to the table. Always advancing the product.

Pros

Phreesia is easy to use. There are always new and exciting improvements being made to maximize the needs of our practice.

Cons

I would like to see the ability to calculate patient liability based on our fee schedule.

MG

Melissa G.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Excellent product with a lot of valuable features

Pros

Daily census tracking to help identify staffing needs at a glance. Patient reminders and the fact they can go out via text and email since some patients may have either or. These are just a couple of the features I find most valuable from a patient access standpoint.

Cons

Some of the E&B functionality can get confusing when payers aren't set up correctly, however, in these situations, the Phreesia support team has been great with not only helping resolve issues, but responding timely.

AS

Andrea S.

Genesis Care

Pros

Ease of us, patient friendly, great suppot

Cons

Technical issues where the screen times out mid interview

TC

TIffany C.

Satified

Phreesia helps us collect balances, copays, change insurance and get all required documents completed by patients before the appointment which runs relatively smoothly and issues or problems we face with Phreesia seem to be fixed in a timely manner

Pros

Phreesia makes the check in process for staff very very easy and speeds up the process overall at the checkin window getting patients seen faster

Cons

I wish there were more inter office flags on Phreesia for different meaning for us

wa

wendy a.

Phreesia usage

Pros

My favorite feature is the way it verifies insurances, this saves my staff a lot of valuable time. I like that we can text our patients a message with templates we made or a custom message about their upcoming appointment. We can have all of our forms sent to patient to fill out before, during and after their appointment.

Cons

I wish we were able to push more than one form at a time to our Phreesia Pad.

PS

Paige S.

Amazing!

Amazing!

Pros

Phreesia has gradually transformed our office in the past 5 years to almost paperless. Our patients love being able to complete their forms prior to their appointment at their leisure. The clinical integration has reduced amount of time it requires to triage patients which is very helpful with keeping our providers on time. In the last 4 months we started using Patient Assurance which has decreased the amount of time it takes our patients to pay their invoices because they can pay it through Phreesia immediately.

Cons

The screw on plate on the back of the tablets are easily broken when the patients drop the tablets.