PIMSY Mental Health EHR Logo

4.3

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.21/10

Reviews by rating

WE LOVE THE PIMSY TEAM!!! We have had great customer service and though we have had some difficulites with launching (do to maine care) the PIMSY team was so supportive and helpful.
It helps us manage our behavioral health practice more efficiently. We are able to have a fully fledged EHR with a lot of features and a pretty nice interface at an affordable price.
We enjoy being able to be power users and manage all of our employees and easily assist them when they are in need of help. We like being able to be mobil in the commumity while using pimsy portal.
Font size can be difficult when scrolling through lists with multiple options. Unable to drop medical claims/billing to paper (print) them directly from the website.
There is no way to calculate or track the out of pocket maximum for patients within the system, at times this can make it hard to not overcharge patients.
Attempts to fix bugs of which there are many are typically ignored.

MM

Max M.

Medical Practice,

PIMSY Review

Pros

It was specifically designed for behavioral health; great support.

Cons

It is not 100% able to be customized to our practice needs.

DF

Devona F.

PIMSY review for MYR

I would highly recommend PIMSY to any agency providing a varity of services, in Mental Health, Juvenile Justice or social services.

Pros

PIMSY has been an asset to MYR and to the speed at which staff can provide daily paperwork. PIMSY provides availability for all staff on a specific client to see the record at any time, day or night. PIMSY is extremely user frendly and rarely is down for any reason. PIMSY is flexible for all the varity of programs that MYR provides to children, adults and families in WNC.

Cons

Staff continue to wait for a scheduling component. Group notes are somewhat difficult to navigate

GC

Gus C.

11-50 employees

New PIMSY User

Before PIMSY I purchased an expensive competitor EHR that did not meet my needs and was overly complicated for my staff. PIMSY solved this in a matter of weeks I was up and billing using PIMSY

Pros

Ease of use and billing features.

Cons

None.

SS

STEPHANIA S.

Overall average

Pros

If a secondary insurance changes I only have to change that one, not the primary and secondary.

Cons

I think it takes too long when scheduling patients, there needs to be notification of some kind on the calendar side if there are important notes on the account. It doesn't track authorizations well at all. In some aspects it is great, but there are some areas that need work.

MH

Mollie H.

Medical review

PIMSY is easy to navigate/user friendly and able to be modified to fit individual company needs

Pros

Ian is GREAT to work with and very responsive to what the company needs. Plus is that we can basically ask for what we need and it will happen and be revised if needed later. Having instant access to therpists notes and easy communication about clients is GREAT.

Cons

There was no medical "piece" when I arrived but it is coming together and the docs have been able to really design what it is we need. Haven't actually used it the new medical template live yet..

th

tana h.

Mental Health Care,

PIMSY has been wonderful--very affordable, a lot of support

Pros

the Pimsy team is amazing--just like family! It is affordable and when I get stuck the solution is just always SO EASY!

Cons

n/a There is nothing that I don't like about Pimsy--it is a wonderful solution to fill our EHR needs

EH

Erin H.

A complete EMR at an affordable price for any size practice

PIMSY offers a complete EMR and practice management system that is sufficiently customizable, easy to use and affordable for both the individual practitioner and large practice. The customer service team is always responsive and helpful and adapts the goals for future upgrades to the needs of the user. When looking for a new EMR, I was looking for something I could grow into and was affordable for my start-up practice, but complete enough to meet my needs for addressing both medical records management and practice management. PIMSY fit that bill and I never regretted my choice.

DF

Dorene F.

Still not sure...

Pros

PIMSY has been readily available for technical support and trouble shooting. It is affordable.

Cons

PIMSY is very cumbersome and slow to work with. After we purchased it, it became more and more obvious it was a beta-product that still had many kinks and was not really designed for a large practice.

LH

Lindsay H.

PIMSY

I would recommend this product.

Pros

--it does pretty much everything I need it to --makes it easy for organization of my medical records

Cons

--sometimes runs slowly if I'm doing a lot --little gliches still to be worked out to help ease of use

Speed has been an issue with this client. It is primarily caused by poor band width in the area. We have checked and sometimes this company is running at speeds just above dial-up. This issue is compounded by the fact that the company does somewhere between 4k and 6k notes a month. So they are pullinig up a lot of data all the time.

MB

Melanie B.

This companie's hub of all communication

I would recommend PIMSY to other companies. We would be lost without it.

Pros

PIMSY is used by everyone in the company, everyday. I appreciate that it keeps growing to fit our needs. Ian is always very helpful when I call with questions.

Cons

It would be helpful to be able to see the clients contact information in the sal calendars after employees enter in their schedules. I make appointment reminder calls and therefore need to go back and forth from the sal calendar to client pages.

RO

Rilwan O.

Easy, affordable and great customer support team!

We had billing agent who used to do our billing and had separate system for our documentation. Our billing staff used to spend hours of billing and PIMSY made it easy for both our billing staff, case managers, and counselors. We do both our billing and documentation in PIMSY which made our work easier. PIMSY is not a complicated software, once you set up and do the training, you will be good to go. Customer support team are great, they will work with you anytime, evenings, and even weekends.

Adam B.

Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees

Steep learning curve

Customer service is not always helpful Too much going on for what it needs to be

Pros

Lots of features Customization options Good for administration and billing side This software should be really good at one or two things instead it tries to be the best at many things and falls short

Cons

Uses a lot of bandwidth Less helpful for therapist note taking Steep learning curve Too many features Tries to do too many things

AC

Audrey C.

Mountain Youth Resources

Like the system and it's flexibility.

Pros

Find this system to be flexible and well suited for our service needs. Support has been super. System modifications to meet are needs has been prompt. System functions, filters, reports and data retrieval are super. Conversion from one older less useful system to PIMSY went well and data was converted and downloaded with little difficulty.

Cons

Learning curve from one system to PIMSY was longer than expected.

LW

Laura W.

PIMSY as an EMR System

Would only recommend that PIMSy continue to become a better EMR system that meets the needs of the providers using it! Which Ian most definitely tries to do!

Pros

Ian is quick to respond and help when issues arise. PIMSY operates similar to excel and is easy to navigate. PIMSY is logically set-up! Love profiles and being able to limit access and control what each member can and can not do.

Cons

With Ian's quick response time cons are worked out in no time and addressed.

NH

Nathan H.

What a great all in one program!

I highly reccomend this product. Since being in this industry we have used 4 different programs. For the price this far excedes anything that we have used. The staff are awesome at answering your questions and walking you through any difficulties! There are so many features that we don't even use and they keep adding more!

Pros

Electronic Notes Calendar attached to clients Electronic Billing 837 Electronic RA's 835 Easy to read Client Statements Price

Cons

None that haven't been worked out perfectly!

DC

Denise C.

Pimsy: A Good Choice

My role in using Pimsy has been in assisting with customization for our company's use of the system and in teaching employees how to use the system. In the future I will use the system 's quality assurance reporting capacity on a daily basis. So far I feel that this system: * allows for significant customization * is easy to navigate * offers outstanding customer service that is friendly and accommodating * produces a thorough and professional record

JC

JaKarynn C.

Challenging

Pros

The support for PIMSY is great (i.e. customer service).

Cons

The treatment plan set up, the glitches of it easing my data even after I saved it, the spell check function (especially when you have multiple boxes), the intake/assessment set-up (the way it eases your information on the left side of the field and save it to the right side of the field but then when you go back to complete it, you have to scroll on the right column to see what area on the left column is blank, it's just too much).

DM

Donald M.

Exceptional Quality // Amazing Support & Service

The team at PIMSY has been amazing during the entire process. Our implementation and sales team has gone above and beyond to make sure that our needs have been met. The functionality of PIMSY is far above the competition, our agency as looked at multiple EHR's but PIMSY is by far the leader in Mental Health EHR. If you are looking for an EHR for your Mental Health Center, I would highly recommend PIMSY!

SR

Shawon R.

Child Service Plans

I would definitely recommend Pimsy to other treatment facilities.

Pros

User Friendly Friendly and helpful Staff Staff quickly responds Staff makes changes for customer quickly and explains so the customer can understand and walks the customer through the process until they understand

Cons

The program is geared more towards adults, the program is not created for social services of children.

ML

Marcia L.

PIMSY Review

Feel it is a very good system. Wish I more time to work with it. I'm not as proficient as I would like to be.

Pros

User friendly - provider is always willing to look at user needs and work on developing systems to meet those if not present. Very helpful with questions.

Cons

Only one I can think of is that I don't have enough available time to fully use the system and get more proficient in it's use.

DR

Doreen R.

What a Find!!!

Pimsy is a great access to our company. This programs gives us the capability of seeing the clients chart without having to get a paper file. Everything is right there at your fingertips, assessments, diagnosis, medication, lab, treatment plans, notes, and much, much more. The support staff is warm, friendly and is willing to work with each and every clients in order to improve the system for your practice.

TE

Tracey E.

PIMSY review

Definitely recommend PIMSY!

Pros

PIMSY has been a tremendous asset to our agency. Ian has been accommodating and responsive to our needs. PIMSY has made everything about our jobs easier!

Cons

I would like to see more tracking abilities on the user side....i.e. supervision plans and documentation, clocking in/out (timesheets), and a way to 'authorize' and track paid time off.

RM

Roselynn M.

PIMSY review

Pros

The specificity of the product to behavioral health and the friendly customer service. Also the visual appeal of flowers scapes.

Cons

Cumbersome to utilize, poor backend billing flow, instability of platform and connection. Inconsistency of response to use.

BM

Barbara M.

PIMSY evaluation after 1 year of use

PIMSY offers the features we need for electronic medical records. The application owner has been very receptive and flexible about suggestions for improvements.

Pros

PIMSY has been a useful business tool! It is easy to use, offers useful tracking features, and provides flexible reporting and data analysis capabilities.

Cons

I don't have any concerns about PIMSY function.

GT

Gayle T.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

Not a Happy Customer

Not user friendly. Very difficult to use. Non responsive to email requests for assistance or to ask questions. Yet tell us email is the best way to reach them.

Pros

Price is good.

Cons

Not all features work all the time. It is hit and miss. Just saving a document is difficult. Cannot upload additional documents into system. Customer service and responsiveness is basically non existent.