Power Diary Logo

Practice management software for health professionals

Power Diary Reviews

Suggested alternatives

simplepractice
cliniko
therapynotes-com

Power Diary is the complete package, a great practice management product with great customer support and affordable too.
Support is good in that staff to try their best to help quickly with the availability they have. Have some good features e.g notes.
Allows me to keep excellent records that can be printed out at any time and can be accessed remotely by me. Easy to use and constantly being updated in positive ways - highly recommend.
It is still quite dated compared to competitors and you're restricted to what you can do. They could do with a graphics designer or ergonomic designer on their team.
Can get a bit pricey when more than 8 calendars used. Also, when all diaries are displayed, it is very difficult to view each.
Also, the online booking functionality is quite limited.

KS

Kellie S.

Excellent appointment tracking system

No comparison between our old paper diary system and Power Diary! The ability to access from anywhere, see details of diary entries for multiple practitioners, and instant notification of updates to appointments are invaluable.

Pros

Power Diary is extremely easy to use, allowing for easy client scheduling and reminder contact via sms. Simple, intuitive interface that has many powerful features and can keep track of a wealth of information. Love the fact that I can check for changes to my schedule from my laptop, phone, and iPad. Invoicing and payment records are easily accessible and there are a number of useful summary reports that can be run. An invaluable tool for our clinic.

Cons

No real cons of note! Only issues have been when internet has been down or very rare issues from Power Diary's end of things, technically speaking.

SC

Sally C.

Consumer Services, self-employed

Power Diary, my business partner

Power Diary is my virtual business partner! As a sole trader I need a CRM that I can trust, one that gives me the functionality necessary to manage my diary, client communications and financial reporting. PD gives me all this plus insights, trends and the ability to view my business from every angle, and help inform direction and investment.

Pros

Central depositary for all client data Automated client messages Financial reporting Personalisation functionality Customer service excellence

Cons

Understanding how the data input effects the reporting output. Getting the set up right is worth taking the time from the outset.

Thanks so much for your review. We're very happy you refer to Power Diary as your "business partner"! Do let us know if you need any assistance with getting the reports set up as our team will be happy to help.

MW

Mohammed W.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Potentially good product, with some flaws and terrible support.

So far - poor, not only is the support not great, the client onboarding features are limited i.e. i wanted to collect address dob, etc, but the process to do this is very long winded.

Pros

The Telehealth feature - otherwise all other features are similar to other booking apps we have used previously.

Cons

The support, they are very keen to send you articles that only solve part of the issue rather than try to understand and trouble shoot with you. I am an active user who recently asked why my calendar didn't sync to google -i am now on email exchange number 17 and still no resolution - no way to run a business.

AH

Adam H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

More professional than alternative clinic management tools

Pros

One of the best features is the customisable clinic note templates. Being able to create clinic note for each type of patient and each interaction has made my patient management so much easier. Automated appointment reminders and communication templates add a professional touch that my patients appreciate.

Cons

At the moment the only credit card payment system PowerDiary integrates with is Stripe. Adding integration with other payment systems such as Square would make it easier to manage credit card payments.

Thanks for your great review Adam! I've added your comment about Square to our Feature Request Tracking system so we can monitor demand for this too. - Damien

RB

Rebecca B.

Highly recommend

It’s been excellent.

Pros

I love the scheduling, records section, customisable forms, invoicing, simplicity of Medicare, client portal, everything.

Cons

I really need electronic prescribing to be incorporated.

Thank you so much for the great review and your feedback. We appreciate it! Please submit your request for an electronic prescribing feature via this feedback form. There are a couple of questions that will help us to understand what you're looking for: https://powerdiary.typeform.com/to/LByeS1R1 Thanks again! -Heather

SB

Sue B.

Fantastic product.

So easy to use and vital for clients to book online. Also Power diary support team are always on hand to help if needed.

Pros

Ease of use and appointment scheduling and easy for my clients to book online

Cons

No cons at the moment as I am still getting to grips with the product.

Thank you so much for your review- we love to hear that our Customer Team has been helpful! Thanks again -Heather

RW

Rachael W.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

Make your practice yours!

Pros

The confidential, secure billing, communication, portal, and private mode are immaculate. It is so easy to customize your needs and make the PD work for you and your practice effectively. It never has lag or downtime and they’re always working on improvements.

Cons

It may be harder for less tech savvy users to customize efficiently.

RC

Rhonda C.

Alternative Medicine, 1-10 employees

New Powerdiary user

Convenience of online access to Powerdiary for practitioners and online booking for patients is huge for us. Communication with the team is easy and quick responses are the rule. Great value.

Pros

Convenience, communication, ease of use (with a couple of qualifiers)

Cons

Clunky re-appointment system, online booking system could look more attractive to users/patients

EC

Elizabeth C.

Overall happy with power-diary

This platform has been beneficial for our business to use and made the service we offer more professional.

Pros

Customer service is good and has a fast response time, which is always appreciated.

Cons

The pricing is slightly high, and it would be nice to have this reduced for those of us who are loyal customers. We have, at times, been financially impacted when the system is down. The booking system has definitely made it easier for our clients to schedule. However, with ongoing improvements such as allowing direct debit and better appointment options, power-diary will become a better product and more versatile for various businesses. Overall happy.

Hi Elizabeth, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Power Diary. We're thrilled to hear that our customer service has met your expectations with its prompt responses – your satisfaction is our top priority! We're honored that Power Diary is your choice despite the concerns about cost and current functionalities. Our team is actively working on expanding our features to meet your...

EH

Emma H.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

A premium product, but saves me way more than the monthly fee.

Pros

The billing and reconciliation features save me hours every month, and also help prevent errors in tracking payments. My setup is so much more professional, thanks to PD.

Cons

Some of the scheduling setup is a bit clunky, and could be updated to be more intuitive. Particularly annoying is the I have to correct the session end time even when I have selected a service which its e.g. 50 minutes.

Hi Emma, thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback about Power Diary. We're thrilled to hear that our billing and reconciliation features have been a game-changer for you, saving you time and enhancing the professionalism of your setup. It's great to know that these tools are making a significant positive impact on your practice management. We also appreciate your honesty regarding...

AJ

Amanda J.

PowerDiary

It has definitely helped manage my client files and is a huge improvement on a manual system. The ability to create a note template has saved me heaps of time and improves the quality of my note taking. Time has also been saved by being able to process Medicare claims online and the integration with Stripe has helped especially with cancellation fees and when adolescents attend without the paying parent.

Pros

Best aspects are integration with Medicare and Stripe. Also the ability to create templates is really handy. Being able to create a template for notes is also a big bonus.

Cons

Limitations on the fields you can merge in templates, the reports you can create and data you can export. Also, the online booking functionality is quite limited. It would be great if the client was able to complete intake information directly into the system. I currently have to use a separate piece of software to generate an online form to capture all of this information and then manually enter it into the system.

Thanks for the review Amanda. You'll be pleased to know that online forms are on the way! With data exports if you go to Tools > Data export you can export any (or all) data from your account. Similarly, the Reports you can customise the data to be included in a report, and then sort, group, export to excel or print the report. If you click on Help in your account and search 'Reports' you'll see some How To articles on this. We can also take you through a live one-on-one tutorial on these features if that'd be helpful. Just let us know and one of our Support Team members will organise it with you. Thanks again - Damien

JJ

Jenn J.

Alternative Medicine, 1-10 employees

Power Diary IS THE Answer!

Pros

Convenience, ease of set up, payment integration is simple and easy to implement, email, SMS service, telehealth abilities, scheduling, customizable, digital forms, client portal, cloud-based system, compatible with multiple devices, all in one stop shop!

Cons

The system lacks a time out feature after so long of inactivity.

Hi Jenn, thank you so much for your comprehensive review of our product! We deeply value your feedback on each aspect, as it helps us understand what works well and where we can improve. Regarding your concern about the lack of a time-out feature for inactivity, we appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and we would like to hear more about how exactly this feature would need to work to cater for your needs. Please email to support@powerdiary.com to further clarify your feature request. Thank you again for choosing us and for your invaluable feedback. We look forward to serving you with an even better experience in the future. - Irina

AM

Amelia M.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

Power diary one stop shop

Pros

Handy integration with payment systems that saves so much time. User friendly - instructions readily available for different functions.

Cons

Would appreciate formatting options within the notes section.

Ni Amelia, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about Power Diary. We're thrilled to hear that you're finding the integration with payment systems handy and time-saving. It's also great to know that you find our platform user-friendly and the instructions for different functions helpful. We strive to make Power Diary as accessible and efficient as possible for our users. We appreciate your suggestion regarding the formatting options within the notes section. Your input is invaluable, and we're always looking for ways to enhance our platform to better meet the needs of our users. I'll pass your feedback on to our development team for consideration in future updates. We're committed to continuous improvement and your suggestions play a key role in that process. - Irina

PR

Prakash R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Best value for money and very convenient

Have used powerdiary since 2015 lot better than other providers in terms of service delivery

Pros

1 Mobile support is very handy at times. 2 Medicare online billing and credit card support is outstanding which avoids late payments. 3 Customized user setups are very handy.

Cons

1 Down server at times without prior warning especially on busy weekdays. 2 Could have improved with the browsing buffer rate by using better bytes per ratio capabilities.

Thanks for your review Prakash. You'll be pleased to know we have addressed the issue that caused those couple of recent database lockups. We know any disruption, even if only for a couple of minutes can have a significant impact for our customers. The issue was an inefficient query that did not perform well when run at scale - this has now been resolved. - Damien

AL

Alice L.

Why get power diary?

Pros

Power Diary has been great for me to keep all my client records in one place, organised and easy to access. It simplifies my life for me. The customer service is fantastic - I always get a helpful and friendly response to any queries with the day.

Cons

They are currently working on improving group appointment scheduling functionality.

Hi Alice, thank you for sharing your positive experience with Power Diary. We are delighted to hear that our platform has streamlined your client record management, making your professional life more organized and accessible. It is heartening to know that our efforts in creating a user-friendly experience are resonating with you. We also greatly appreciate your kind words about our customer service...

JD

Johanna D.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Great system for my business and does everything I want it to do

I am very happy with the performance and customer service of PD. Yes it is a monthly investment but it’s worth the ease and help it brings to my company.

Pros

Power diary is very easy to work with. It integrates with Xero and does what you need a system to do. Customer service is always great, you’ll always receive a reply and answer. And even if certain features are not available yet, they listen and make changes to the system to make it more user friendly. It is a very user friendly system.

Cons

The notes feature in Power diary could do with some improvement but that said, it is already improved heaps from how it was but could still do with some tweaking to make it better. Bulk communication could have more parameters to choose from (eg location etc)

Hi Johanna, thanks for your lovely feedback. Glad to hear you appreciate the customer service and also our continual improvements. We're continuing to improve the notes section (lots of preformatted templates coming up soon). Of course, if you have specific ideas, please send a note to our support team (or by chat) and we'll add them to our requests. Glad to hear you saying Power Diary is a very user friendly system - exactly what we're striving towards!

DG

David G.

Highly recommended

Pros

I have tried various practice management software packages and have found this the easiest to use . Common sense is all that is required for most procedures and I have seldom if every needed to contact support for assistance in the operation of the system. I am a one man practitioner so cannot comment on multi-user usage, but this is a wonderful way of organising a practice, reducing paper usage (all my notes, letters, client information) are kept on the system and I am very comfortable with the security provided for this.

Cons

I don't really have any complaints. I do not use the remote access facility for clients but that is primarily because of not wanting certain clients to overlap rather than to any fault in the system.

JD

James D.

Airlines/Aviation, 1-10 employees

Power Diary Review

Excellent! Very happy. Saves me enough time to make private practice worth while.

Pros

It’s just practical... it takes care of Medicare and DVA, it manages my invoices and when ever I have a problem I can just call the support team.

Cons

I work alongside my peers in the same building under the same brand but we keep our businesses separate. So I’d like it to talk to my colleagues in practice, but without sharing the finance component. That’s not easy to set up which is a pain.

Thanks for your review James. Saving practitioner's time is one of our key goals so it's great to hear Power Diary is delivering this for you. Thanks for your feedback on the financials too. One option if your businesses operate separately would be to split your combined account into separate accounts. We can help with this and can also set you up with a special login system which would enable each of you to access each other's accounts, but remain in control the level of access. This is normally used by call centres, but would work for you also. If you're interested in this just let our Support team know on support@powerdiary.com - Damien

PJ

Pip J.

PD value for money

I love PD and intend on using this as my CMS for now and into the future!

Pros

Power Diary has made my life so much simpler as a sole practioner. With its inbuilt features to make creation of forms and invoicing to its great scheduling and claims tracking systems this software is absolutely value for money. PD also have a great range of helpful staff and webinars who assisted me on setting up my practice management from the start.

Cons

No issues with this software. I can’t complain!

Hi Pip, we're immensely grateful for your wonderful review of Power Diary! It's truly heartening to hear how our platform has simplified your life as a sole practitioner. Our aim is to provide not just a software solution but a supportive community to assist our users in every way possible. Your satisfaction and lack of issues with the software are the best compliments we could receive. We're committed to maintaining this level of service and continuously improving to meet your evolving needs. Thank you! - Irina

JF

Jasmine F.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Pros

Powerdiary is an easy interface to use, with all the basic functions required for calendar bookings and management software for health professionals. It allows for efficient booking and communication with clients.

Cons

As a standalone software it works well. However the linking process with Xero has major room for improvement and is not linked with the governments My Health Record.

Thanks for your review Jasmine. If we can help you with anything regarding Xero please let our Support team know. We recently became an accredited Xero partner. We are watching the My Health Record adoption and utilisation patterns closely . There have been issues with the uptake and utilisation rates of this which the government are working on. Once the outcomes of this are clearer we will be in a better position to evaluate what type of integration will best meet our users' needs. It'd be great to get your thoughts on this: support@powerdiary.com. In the interim My Health Records can still be accessed via the Provider Portal.

AM

Andy M.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Solves a lot of problems

Very happy.

Pros

Very customisable. Great customer support at onset

Cons

Billing area needs a tweak for my personal liking.. if individual customers could be given custom discount on monthly bills that would be very help ful.. And if we could attach video links to notes so that can be stored securely... not completely sure about putting video on a private channel in you tube.. I would also love to create a searchable problem list that can be linked to daily entries.

Hi Andy, Thanks for the great review! You should be able to upload video files to any Treatment Note, or in the 'Files' section. Let us know if we can help with anything: support@powerdiary.com - Damien

CH

Calia H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Great service, easy to use, but a little clunky

Pros

- Customer service is quick as they are available straight away on the online chat so you can keep working and have questions asked/problems solved without having to sit on the phone

Cons

- Odd things will happen about 1-2 times a month. Today we have opened our program to find all the cancelled appointments have disappeared from the diaries - It would be great if it was integrated with HICAPS ( I hear this is on the way)

Thanks for your review Calia. Great to hear you're enjoying our in app chat support. Whether cancelled appointments are displayed or hidden is a setting in your calendar. Just click on the three little dots on the top-right of your calendar and you'll see an option to 'Show / Hide Cancelled Appointments'. You can change this anytime and your browser will remember your preference so you don't have to keep selecting this. If you have any questions though please let us know. - Damien

WR

Wendy R.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Easy to use, innovative, always improving

I use virtual reception, so I couldn't live without power diary.

Pros

I liked working with Power Diary in the beginning with Damien. I feel that it is less personal now but it is still a good service. I like being able to combine my google calendar and also transfer to Xero.

Cons

Some things that I live with but don't quote like are: 1) that you can't do packs without it showing on the invoice. I want the information of what I am up to but I don't like the client feeling that they are needing to complete 10 sessions if they don't want. 2) no workable option for waitlisting appointments on particular days. 3) that the cancelled or rescheduled appointments still show up. I want to still ave a record of these but it is confusing on the page. I often find reception don't fill those spots because they look full.

AP

Alice P.

Small business review

Pros

Easy to use. As simple as you'd like it to be. Quick response times when problems occur.

Cons

I do home visits. I haven't found that option on there yet. It would be awesome if it could calculate distance between home visits too.

Hi Alice, we are grateful for your feedback on Power Diary. It's encouraging to hear that you find our platform easy to use and appreciate the quick response times from our support team. Regarding your specific need for a home visit option, we acknowledge the importance of this feature for your business operations. We understand how this could significantly enhance the efficiency and planning of your day-to-day activities. Please know that we take user feedback very seriously and are always looking to evolve our product to better meet the needs of our diverse customer base. If you'd like to discuss how to better fit Power Diary functionality to your business needs, please do not hesitate to book a free support call: https://www.powerdiary.com/book-a-call/ Thank you! - Irina

YK

Yeony K.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Power Diary makes our practice easier.

I used Power Diary at work and learned that it's really practical and useful. So I am using it now for my private practice too. It has been fantastic.

Pros

1. keeping records - so easy to follow up as all the records are there under each client's account. 2. easy to use - I do induction sessions for new starters about using Power Diary and find it really easy to use from the day 1. 3. support - easy access to support team and be able to suggest fore better features. Flexibility is something I really appreciate.

Cons

Not much to mention. If I can ask, I wish I can change the name of fields to suit our practice.

Thanks so much for your review here. It's great to hear that you're finding Power Diary useful for your own private practice now!