Power Diary Reviews

4.62/5 (117 reviews)

Simone Hrncir

Reviewed 2019-08-14

Overall Power Diary is meeting the needs of our business however we have had to make a large number of changes to our processes and way of working with our clients to accommodate Power Diary. There are a number of functionalities that we would like to see.

Pros
- Visually appealing - Ability to produce multiple reports - Simple and easy to use calendar and client set up - Client online booking portal - Medicare processing - Data consistancy

Cons
- Limited functions available on the calendar - cannot view single day of the week for multiple weeks - Unable to limit who access notes and profile information - anyone with can access client notes and view client profiles regardless if the client is allocated to them or not - Unable to create an overall number of sessions used in a session pack per year - this is still tracked manually

Fran Nicholson

Easy to use, great functionality, responsive team

Reviewed 2019-08-13

We moved from Front Desk PM to Power Diary after 12 years. We were naturally anxious about how the information would be migrated to the new system, and whether the system would be able to handle the frequent, high intensity use our multi-practitioner, multi-disciplinary team demands. We have 42 users, and 29 practitioners so we needed a system that was responsive, adaptable and customisable and easy to use. Power Diary has been all these things in the two weeks we have used it, and anything we couldn't use the team were an email (and a phonecall) away, fixing issues for us, helping us navigate and making our lives easier.

Pros
The flexibility of the product and the willingness of the support team to take on suggestions for improvement or tweaks that would improve functionality further.

Cons
Would love to drill down a bit more on the toggle restrictions but will be passing that suggestion on.

Response from Power Diary

Hi Fran,
So glad to hear that your transition from Front Desk to Power Diary has been positive! We're importing data from all kinds of systems but it's often a point of concern for those making the change. And yes, please do pass on your ideas for further improvements - our development team is making updates all the time.

Sue Kira N.D

Does it all

Reviewed 2019-05-28

Like how I wrote in the pros, I just love that Power diary does everything I need to run a business and there's scope for even more than what I need should my business grow and use more staff etc. I have often read about other practitioners frustrations about their (different) software program but I never have these same issues so power diary must have got all these things sorted. Plus the staff get back to you quick should you need help finding out how to do something. Talking of staff, they were amazing at helping me transfer all my old file details across when I first set up in Power Diary, otherwise it would have been a huge mission, especially putting all my stock into the system.

Pros
I Love the ability to integrate all aspects of running a naturopathic business from the diary, email confirmations, text messages that remind the client, invoicing, connecting with xero accounting, allowing my accountant access to the stuff she needs but nothing else, total lockdown of clients session info once saved, or save in draft mode if additional info needed to be added after an email, all details in the one place including any correspondence I have with client, ability to send birthday messages and newsletters in bulk, stock inventory and can even take payments. Really, the list goes on...

Cons
I think the only things I don't like is that you need to use quite a few clicks to get to different places rather than hover with mouse and get an instant dropdown box, but then even my bank is like that and I'm a bit fussy with easy tech stuff. Really, it's not an issue and has been getting better over the years.

Vanessa Mills

Very happy with PowerDiary

Reviewed 2019-07-16

It had made it far easier for me to manage my practice in an integrated fashion. I’m essentially using just one to to book appointments, invoice clients, send reminders, keep notes, send letters, manage finances etc. It takes a while to have everything running from PowerDiary but it’s worth putting in the time.

Pros
The thing I really like about PowerDiary is that even with only a single diary, there are no limits on the number of users. Importantly, it is also very user friendly. There are multiple admin staff where I practice and it doesn’t take long for new users to get comfortable with the key features.

Cons
I think the main limitation is the lack of internal messaging. I would appreciate admin being able to send me a message that appears in the program for a different user.

Response from Power Diary

Thanks for your review Vanessa! We agree that it's important that all your admin staff can access and use Power Diary without any extra charges! We'll add the internal messaging to our list of suggestions for future improvements :)

Natalie waghorn

Power Diary helps me save time

Reviewed 2019-08-29

I don't have any double handling...I can email clients and other health professionals straight from the software which links to the respective client's file.

Pros
Tailored client note functions, easy accounting with feeds to Xero, and a willingness to look at adaptations to suit the needs of my business. Also, support by Australian's which is thorough, quick and friendly. Client Portal

Cons
Still a few aspects of the note forms requiring changes to make extra helpful notes for my clinic.

Response from Power Diary

Thanks for the great review!
- Damien

Rebecca Underwood

Best decision I made for my practice

Reviewed 2019-08-14

Pros
The best thing about PowerDiary would have to be the time savings having everything incorporated into the one program, being able to send/receive SMS including automated reminders, AND being able to export directly to Xero! It’s great! It is so simple to use as well and there are always new features being added. Customer support are also fabulous when you need a hand with something!

Cons
I dislike that I have my calendar set up in 30min timeslots so I have to scroll to view the entire day. Nothing major! Oh & I wish you could send faxes from PowerDiary.

Response from Power Diary

Hi Rebecca, Thanks for your lovely review. We love hearing that Power Diary is saving you lots of time! Will add your improvement ideas to our list (we prioritise the ones we get the most interest in).
All the best,
Fiona

Amanda Jones

PowerDiary

Reviewed 2019-08-20

It has definitely helped manage my client files and is a huge improvement on a manual system. The ability to create a note template has saved me heaps of time and improves the quality of my note taking. Time has also been saved by being able to process Medicare claims online and the integration with Stripe has helped especially with cancellation fees and when adolescents attend without the paying parent.

Pros
Best aspects are integration with Medicare and Stripe. Also the ability to create templates is really handy. Being able to create a template for notes is also a big bonus.

Cons
Limitations on the fields you can merge in templates, the reports you can create and data you can export. Also, the online booking functionality is quite limited. It would be great if the client was able to complete intake information directly into the system. I currently have to use a separate piece of software to generate an online form to capture all of this information and then manually enter it into the system.

Response from Power Diary

Thanks for the review Amanda. You'll be pleased to know that online forms are on the way! With data exports if you go to Tools > Data export you can export any (or all) data from your account. Similarly, the Reports you can customise the data to be included in a report, and then sort, group, export to excel or print the report. If you click on Help in your account and search 'Reports' you'll see some How To articles on this. We can also take you through a live one-on-one tutorial on these features if that'd be helpful. Just let us know and one of our Support Team members will organise it with you. Thanks again - Damien

Elizabeth Puhakka

Private practice assistant

Reviewed 2019-06-11

Staying up to date. For example, online booking people don't have to catch us in business hours, they can book anytime. Being able to take a payment within the software, in person or over the phone saves money from missed payments. No one carries cash anymore.

Pros
Powerdiary gives ease to my everyday business tasks, from storing my client statistical data, automatic client number generation, online booking and invoicing. It makes business run more smoothly as it is inituitive and the client information is quick at hand when needed. It is so easy to navigate, my staff have required minimal training to use it. Being able to see the little note on the current appointment diary, when the client's next appointment is scheduled or previous booking was, is very helpful and time saving. It allows you to jump straight to it with one click of the mouse.

Cons
The additional charge for sms reminders in today's tech environment is a little disappointing, as locally, unlimited sms are included in most data plans. However, if it for the moment this means keeping costs down and I can choose to use or not then it is only a minor concern.

Response from Power Diary

Thanks for the great review Elizabeth!

We'd love it if we could provide free SMS functionality as well, however sadly those unlimited SMS plans that come with mobile or data plans are not available for commercial use / sending via a platform. The telcos know there are only so many SMS you can send manually from your phone :)

Michelle O'Brien

Growing our business with Powerdiary

Reviewed 2019-06-11

Our business relies very heavily on powerdiary, for diaries, client appointments, billing, medicare, reporting. The automatic SMS reminders are a great facility for clients (they rely on them to remind them about their appointments) and great for us - people are more likely to cancel when they receive the SMS rather than not attend, or cancel at the last minute. The system has been very reliable. It is extremely rare for the system to be down.

Pros
Easy to use. When there are issues, there is a friendly person at the end of the phone or email to assist in resolving issues (such as when we've accidentally deleted data, support with reports, not knowing how to do a particular function). The software is constantly being improved with additional functionality based on feedback.

Cons
There are times when there are functions I would like that are not available, such as an 'undo' function, especially if I've just deleted a series of appointments accidentally instead of deleting a single appointment. However when comparing this product with other products, it has many more functions than many of their competitors at a more reasonable cost.

Response from Power Diary

Hi Michelle,
Thanks for the great review!
-Damien

Sally Chantler

Power Diary, my business partner

Reviewed 2019-07-12

Power Diary is my virtual business partner! As a sole trader I need a CRM that I can trust, one that gives me the functionality necessary to manage my diary, client communications and financial reporting. PD gives me all this plus insights, trends and the ability to view my business from every angle, and help inform direction and investment.

Pros
Central depositary for all client data Automated client messages Financial reporting Personalisation functionality Customer service excellence

Cons
Understanding how the data input effects the reporting output. Getting the set up right is worth taking the time from the outset.

Response from Power Diary

Thanks so much for your review. We're very happy you refer to Power Diary as your "business partner"! Do let us know if you need any assistance with getting the reports set up as our team will be happy to help.

Sophia Villis

Clinical Psychologist

Reviewed 2019-05-29

Benefits - quick ability to get Medicare rebates once relevant data entered- not as easy to enter less frequent options - such as DVA clients or overseas student insurance options for online rebates Good ability to do quarterly tax accounts/ records from the program Still using other online storage/ memory options for client records (other than session notes) as not a great way to upload quickly -such as with google drive from the printer scanner

Pros
Easy to use/ find way around for new receptionists etc Easy to find/ record client information/ details

Cons
Difficult to look up problems/ find information on the frequently asked questions - I've wasted a lot of time trying to find an answer to problems such as where to input Medicare/ Referrer/ Third party details- and have ended up having to call the customer support line due to bad info/ options etc It would be better to have an easy option to colour diary entries/ customise the colour of the client diary options from the drop down menu -to easily change/ add other colour options unique to our practice -

Response from Power Diary

Thanks for your review Sophie. We have recently moved to a much better Knowledge Base system which includes in-app assistance - If you click on the Help menu you'll see articles related to the screen you are on, and there is a handy chat function there now too. Hopefully this makes it easier for you to find information. - Damien

Prakash Rathnam

Best value for money and very convenient

Reviewed 2019-05-29

Have used powerdiary since 2015 lot better than other providers in terms of service delivery

Pros
1 Mobile support is very handy at times. 2 Medicare online billing and credit card support is outstanding which avoids late payments. 3 Customized user setups are very handy.

Cons
1 Down server at times without prior warning especially on busy weekdays. 2 Could have improved with the browsing buffer rate by using better bytes per ratio capabilities.

Response from Power Diary

Thanks for your review Prakash. You'll be pleased to know we have addressed the issue that caused those couple of recent database lockups. We know any disruption, even if only for a couple of minutes can have a significant impact for our customers. The issue was an inefficient query that did not perform well when run at scale - this has now been resolved. - Damien

Adam Haysom-McDowell

More professional than alternative clinic management tools

Reviewed 2019-08-20

Pros
One of the best features is the customisable clinic note templates. Being able to create clinic note for each type of patient and each interaction has made my patient management so much easier. Automated appointment reminders and communication templates add a professional touch that my patients appreciate.

Cons
At the moment the only credit card payment system PowerDiary integrates with is Stripe. Adding integration with other payment systems such as Square would make it easier to manage credit card payments.

Response from Power Diary

Thanks for your great review Adam! I've added your comment about Square to our Feature Request Tracking system so we can monitor demand for this too.

- Damien

Andrew Dimitri

Brilliant practice management software for specialists!

Reviewed 2019-08-13

We are a specialist respiratory and sleep medicine practice with 10 physicians. We use powerdiary for all of our appointments and billing. It integrates seamlessly with medicare for our billing, is intuitive, fast, with an excellent team behind it always ready to respond to our queries and cater to our needs. We love it and would recommend it without hesitation.

Pros
Easy to use, intuitive, fast, much simpler than any other practice management software. Very responsive team always willing to engage, field queries and respond to our needs.

Cons
We don't have any issues with Power diary. We have found it meets all our needs.

Johanna Davies

Great system for my business and does everything I want it to do

Reviewed 2019-07-13

I am very happy with the performance and customer service of PD. Yes it is a monthly investment but it’s worth the ease and help it brings to my company.

Pros
Power diary is very easy to work with. It integrates with Xero and does what you need a system to do. Customer service is always great, you’ll always receive a reply and answer. And even if certain features are not available yet, they listen and make changes to the system to make it more user friendly. It is a very user friendly system.

Cons
The notes feature in Power diary could do with some improvement but that said, it is already improved heaps from how it was but could still do with some tweaking to make it better. Bulk communication could have more parameters to choose from (eg location etc)

Response from Power Diary

Hi Johanna, thanks for your lovely feedback. Glad to hear you appreciate the customer service and also our continual improvements. We're continuing to improve the notes section (lots of preformatted templates coming up soon). Of course, if you have specific ideas, please send a note to our support team (or by chat) and we'll add them to our requests.
Glad to hear you saying Power Diary is a very user friendly system - exactly what we're striving towards!

David Gilfillan

Highly recommended

Reviewed 2019-08-14

Allows me to keep excellent records that can be printed out at any time and can be accessed remotely by me. Easy to use and constantly being updated in positive ways - highly recommend

Pros
I have tried various practice management software packages and have found this the easiest to use . Common sense is all that is required for most procedures and I have seldom if every needed to contact support for assistance in the operation of the system. I am a one man practitioner so cannot comment on multi-user usage, but this is a wonderful way of organising a practice, reducing paper usage (all my notes, letters, client information) are kept on the system and I am very comfortable with the security provided for this.

Cons
I don't really have any complaints. I do not use the remote access facility for clients but that is primarily because of not wanting certain clients to overlap rather than to any fault in the system.

steve Jobson

Great Program...!

Reviewed 2019-07-16

The link between the client appointment, details and invoicing - easy to see and use. I've looked at others and this is the best, certainly for the cost, as an 'all in one' system

Pros
There are so many good things about this online diary system that it's difficult to list them... first, is the wonderful support that comes with it... I rarely have had to wait a day for someone to get back to me and always with good support. The diary is relatively easy to use - set out well - appointment making and altering is smooth and easy, adding personal appointments and being able to colour code, the way the side window opens up to add detail and invoicing, and of course the invoicing attached is easy to use.

Cons
There is a reasonable learning curve. and...I would like there to be a way to have an identifier on the appointment with the client's initials, but to have the email reminder that's sent out, addressed to the client's name. When you have more than 4 or 5 practitioners, it's difficult to see all appointments on the one page - very scrunched.

Kim Cheshire

Power Diary is an amazing tool

Reviewed 2019-07-12

I am not solving any business problems, but love the convenience of being able to remote in from any device anywhere to access it.

Pros
I am not an IT person and I can use the product easily. It makes simple sense. Little features to help make it more timely for all.

Cons
It assumes everyone sees different people. Which mans if I put a referral into persons A diary and person B is seeing the same person, the can not set settings for their use, only the main diary persons use. So each time the client comes in, they have to change their settings and billing options and referrals. It can confuse medicare to no end.Though this is said to be a a modification for the future. As the other diaries in our system are contractors I would have liked to be able to have the option to calculate a split fee from it as all the finances, i.e. who has been paid, what is outstanding, is in the system, but it will not allow this.

Response from Power Diary

Hi Kim,
Thanks for your great review and feedback! Regarding different providers serving the same client, the system should automatically pull all the right Medicare provider information based on the diary the client was booked into. When submitting a Medicare claim you're also able to select a different referral as needed from the dropdown list without needing to change the client's overall billing or referral setup. I hope this helps, but if we can be of any assistance with this please let us know.
- Damien

James Douglas

Power Diary Review

Reviewed 2019-05-28

Excellent! Very happy. Saves me enough time to make private practice worth while.

Pros
It’s just practical... it takes care of Medicare and DVA, it manages my invoices and when ever I have a problem I can just call the support team.

Cons
I work alongside my peers in the same building under the same brand but we keep our businesses separate. So I’d like it to talk to my colleagues in practice, but without sharing the finance component. That’s not easy to set up which is a pain.

Response from Power Diary

Thanks for your review James. Saving practitioner's time is one of our key goals so it's great to hear Power Diary is delivering this for you. Thanks for your feedback on the financials too. One option if your businesses operate separately would be to split your combined account into separate accounts. We can help with this and can also set you up with a special login system which would enable each of you to access each other's accounts, but remain in control the level of access. This is normally used by call centres, but would work for you also. If you're interested in this just let our Support team know on support@powerdiary.com - Damien

Chris Georgiou

Happy User

Reviewed 2019-05-28

Power Diary staff are very quick to respond and help with any problems whether it be user error or system error.

Pros
I love how Power Diary has introduced texting through the system with our clients. It makes communication faster and easier than phoning.

Cons
I don't think charging for the texting through the system feasable. Texting through any phone provider is free , not to be charged per word/character.

Response from Power Diary

Thanks for your review Chris. We'd love it if we could provide free texts as well. Unfortunately, whilst most phone companies are willing to include texts in their monthly phone plans, it's a different story when it comes to sending and receiving from applications like Power Diary. The messages need to go via a secure SMS gateway that interfaces across all the phone networks. Phone companies charge the gateways for access to their networks for each message sent, which is why practice management systems (or other applications with SMS functionality) will have a small per message charge. It's great to hear though that you are enjoying the time-saving benefits of Power Diary's text message functions!

Jacinta Swan

Easy to use and so many features

Reviewed 2019-07-13

We have solved all our timetabling difficulties and sharing information dilemmas easily.

Pros
I love that you can do so many things in one program. You can schedule clients, set up automatic texts, send emails and letters, invoicing, store files and so much more. For a small private practice it's great to be able t add multiple users and write our progress notes straight in the one place. We can access stored files for shared clients and you can access it from so many places. Also love how easy it is to get help when things go wrong :)

Cons
That the view keeps changing (It's great that you can switch things around though and that it isn't changed all at once). Other than that everything is great!

Response from Power Diary

Thanks for your review Jacinta! Great to hear that Power Diary is providing all the functionality you need to run your practice! Yes, we do keep changing things and I know that can be disconcerting sometimes but it's all in the name of improvement! Hopefully you like the changes once you get used to them.

Jasmine Fong

Reviewed 2019-05-30

Pros
Powerdiary is an easy interface to use, with all the basic functions required for calendar bookings and management software for health professionals. It allows for efficient booking and communication with clients.

Cons
As a standalone software it works well. However the linking process with Xero has major room for improvement and is not linked with the governments My Health Record.

Response from Power Diary

Thanks for your review Jasmine. If we can help you with anything regarding Xero please let our Support team know. We recently became an accredited Xero partner.

We are watching the My Health Record adoption and utilisation patterns closely . There have been issues with the uptake and utilisation rates of this which the government are working on. Once the outcomes of this are clearer we will be in a better position to evaluate what type of integration will best meet our users' needs. It'd be great to get your thoughts on this: support@powerdiary.com. In the interim My Health Records can still be accessed via the Provider Portal.

Andy MacKellar

Solves a lot of problems

Reviewed 2019-07-17

Very happy.

Pros
Very customisable. Great customer support at onset

Cons
Billing area needs a tweak for my personal liking.. if individual customers could be given custom discount on monthly bills that would be very help ful.. And if we could attach video links to notes so that can be stored securely... not completely sure about putting video on a private channel in you tube.. I would also love to create a searchable problem list that can be linked to daily entries.

Response from Power Diary

Hi Andy, Thanks for the great review! You should be able to upload video files to any Treatment Note, or in the 'Files' section. Let us know if we can help with anything: support@powerdiary.com
- Damien

Renata Wosik

Powerdiary is a life saver

Its been fabulous!

Pros
I loved the functionality and the ease of use...it keeps everything in one place..and can be accessed wherever you are!

Cons
I wouldnlove powerdiary to intergrate with tyro, and to be able to run healthcare claims. I would also like a handwriting pad that can be saved for people that handwrite notes rather than uploading.

Sam King

Functional & Improving

Reviewed 2019-05-29

Power Diary saves us so much time and money. The SMS function is saving us so much time as we aren't getting caught on the phone to clients. Invoicing procedures are relatively easy. Anything that saves us time saves/makes us money.

Pros
Once you have become familiar with the software, it is very easy to use. The support from the help desk is incredible.

Cons
It can take a long time to adjust to new changes, and some bits and pieces feel a bit clunky. For example the way that the communication templates have to be saved as a draft, to be exported. Or the way that we need to 'download' the receipt to be able to print it. It's just double handling.

Response from Power Diary

Thanks for your review Sam. Invoices are created are as a PDF when printed. You should be able to print these directly without downloading them first. If you can let us know the browser type and version you are using we'll be able to take a look at this for you (support@powerdiary.com). - Damien