All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Practice Fusion

Cloud-based electronic health record platform

Practice Fusion Reviews

Beggers Can't Be Choosey

So far, so good.

Pros

Practice Fusion is a free EHR program. You do have to pay for doctor licenses obviously but for a generic EHR, you can't beat it. I like the visual view of the schedule when placed on "WEEK VIEW" and the fact that we have the option to log on when we are not in the office for emergencies.

Cons

Practice Fusion is not very user-friendly. It has gotten much better within the last year but it still has a long way to go. My least favorite thing about Practice Fusion is the process of scanning and uploading documents in to a patient's chart. You must scan, name and upload each individual file SEPARATELY. There are times when we have 10+ documents to scan in for a single patient and because of PF's process, we tend to get a little behind on our scanning. I wish there was a way to mass upload or mass name documents.

Practice Fusion User Friendly

Overall great system for the price. We chose to stay with them when it went from free to subscription because it was so user friendly and the cost affordable.

Pros

Super intuitive when you first set up Lots of templates available. Customer Service is great about helping

Cons

We never fully integrated with the practice management system recommended by Practice fusion at the practice managements suggestion that it would not work well, which was confusing.

Don't do it

On a scale of 1 to 10 I'd say 2 with 10 being best and 0 being worst

Pros

Paperless and promised ability of patient interaction with scheduling and intake

Cons

Most everything else. Starting using this when it was free several years ago to comply with the EMR requirement. When they started charging I looked at other systems but didn't want to go thru the hassel of transferring all the files, small practice with no IT department, just didn't want to take the time. The support is non existent. From the outside it looks like it has great features, patient portal, online check in....only problem is they don't work and those that do work are very cumbersome to the users.

My experience with Practice Fusion...

You get what you pay for. We started using Practice Fusion when it was still free. Since they started charging for it, it is has had several upgrades that are really improving the workflow. There are still many things I would like to see change, but for what it is, it's a reasonable software.

Pros

I'm so happy they finally allowed us to add a sticky note to patient's charts. It was very difficult to have communication between departments to notify other members of the staff of patient needs. It is very helpful that it interacts so well with Kareo's Billing Software.

Cons

This program is a little clunky. In the last year they have been making improvements to the usefulness of the system for interaction between departments but there is still a great deal of room for improvement. The reports function is still a work in progress and leaves much to be desired in the information provided and the ease of finding information needed to monitor the flow of a practice.

Positive experience with Practice Fusion

Pros

Robust EHR. Excellent engineers with simplicity for user. incredibly bright tech support & helpful in problem solving.

Cons

Very weak customer service & tech suport. Charts need to be closed & often problems arise with no resolve before signing. Growing company must ramp up this vital aspect of their company - not ready for public offering without this vital component.

Excellent value EHR that meets Meaningful Use!

Pros: It's free (so far), intuitive and easy to use, lots of help links and webinars, good flexibility in creating templates, good variety of templates already available, very good support that is responsive in a timely fashion, good reports that work for CMS ehr incentive program and meets Meaningful Use, database is managed off site so helps with some of your security responsibility. Cons: Database is off site so slight delay in accepting and processing data (not bad because entering data is done through a "static" version). Needs more functionality (company seems to be open to changes and asks for suggestions, but slow to implement) - too many clicks for certain features which delays data entry.

Pros

Please read my review, I just did all this.

Cons

Please read my review, I just did all this.

Easy

Used it for 6 years, but i have to move up because of the lack of many features we needed.

Pros

Very easy to use. No need for training. Very simple. Fast. Integrating with labs is easy. Integrating with radiology is easy.

Cons

Not many features that can advance the practice. Very slow in putting new features in the system so we can get more work done.

For our 2 person practice, this software allowed us to become electronic and meet all requirements.

It allowed us to become electronic at no cost and provided us with the means to meet all the governmental requirements and receive incentives. It is cloud -based so we can access our records from anywhere - it's useful when we are on call and can review the records. We have most of our patients request electronic refills which is much faster than any other way to prescribe and patients appreciate that their prescription is already at the pharmacy. It also allows you to make your own flowsheets to individualize your records. I recommend it highly.

Pros

The COST and the way Practice Fusion is continually responding to our suggestions and constantly improving itself. We also started using other vendors we learned about from Practice Fusion like Updox which is an electronic fax program.

Cons

most of our large labs and all of our radiology do not interface with Practice Fusion so the paper copy needs to be scanned and put in chart.

Fantastic Web Based EMR

Pros

It is web based EMR. Our office found it easy to implement. It is great that any computer with internet access can be your work computer. I compared to other EMR's - it as a clean modern interface. It is built to get you meaningful use and other quality measurements. It is completely free to use, so you can try it out. The support is also superb - chat support is better than phone support most of the time. Our office productivity has gone up after we implemented it, something I have never heard about another clinic after implementing an EMR.

Cons

I wish I could eRX narcotics in California. I wish there was a view that had in order all the things that as happened: refills, encounters, messages, documents. I also wish in the summery view there was a pane for tasks in the patient summary.

Technical issues takes weeks to months to fix or never get fixed at all.

Pros

It was free and user friendly. Very basic and simple EHR for a start up or small practice. Best features are cloud based, online scheduler, email reminders, and pinned notes that was just recently added.

Cons

Not customizable, poor response time on fixing IT issues. Sometimes issues never get fixed at all. Cannot modify online booking time slots. If a new patient books online it will automatically default to 30 minutes. We need an hour for new patients and this created many overbooking issues. Cannot print multiple medical records or super bills at once. I have to go to each visit and print them out individually rather then choose a date range of visits. Very time consuming. Cannot search patients by phone number. The appointment reminders do not interface with google calendars, therefore when patients received email reminders from practice fusion, the time would be off one hour confusing the patient.

NOT EXTREMELY COMPLICATED TO USE BUT NOT SIMPLE OR VERY EASY TO USE EITHER

ok TO UTILIZE FOR NOW BUT PROVIDERS MAY BE LOOKING INTO SWITCHING IF NO ADDITIONAL HELP IS AVAILABLE

Pros

WAS FREE BEFORE BUT NOW CHARGING. this PROVIDE CHATTING ON LINE FOR THE QUESTIONS BUT SOMETIMES NOT EASY TO USE

Cons

NOW CHARGING AMOUNT PER PROVIDER AND NO TEACHING AS TO HOW TO ACHIEVE TO OBTAIN THE CREDITS UNDER mips BY CLICKING WHICH CHOICES THEY HAVE ON THE SCREEN & THIS PRODUCT HAS A LOT OF CHOICES BUT YOU DO NOT KNOW YOU WILL BE CLICKING THE RIGHT BUTTON UNTIL WAY LATER- NO IMMEDIATE FEED BACK. also PATIENTS MENTION THIS PROGRAM MADE THE PATIENT PORTAL DIFFICULT TO ESTABLISH & TO OPEN WHICH IS THE REQUIREMENT FOR ehr mips REPORTING THIS YEAR . tHIS IS A HUGH DOWNSIDE BEING USER UNFRIENDLY ESPECIALLY THE OLDER POPULATION WHO AR NOT COMPUTER SAVY

I absolutely LOVE Practice Fusion!

I bought another EHR a few years ago, but after training, it was still hard to use, so I didn't use it at all! I tried 3 different EHRs, but if was Practice Fusion that was the easiest and the friendliest. I started using PF full time 1 week after playing around with it and watching a couple of training videos on the site. I've introduced my colleagues to PF, and many of them are using it now. I even "train" my friends who want to use PF to make it easy for them to start! A lot of my friends refer to me as their PF IT!

Pros

FREE, ease of use, training videos on the website that anyway one access at any time to self-educate. I

Cons

That they do maintenance on thursday nights from 8-1. I wish that they would do maintenance around 1-2AM to 4-5AM on Sundays or something.... But thank goodness, they haven't had to be offline too often anymore

User friendly but missing inclusion of LCSW/LMSW as owners of medical practice

This is a wonderful system and I love it - unfortunately as owner of my clinic and having a prescriber work for me the system does not officially allow for this so I had to call and was instructed how to sign on as administrator/owner I would hope in the future that they change this and add in more therapy practitioners as participants as well.

Pros

Super user friendly in writing notes - wonderful prescriber friendly e-prescribe services Easy to use without a lot of need for support services Easy to use scheduling

Cons

No button for Social work the way things are printed out is limiting If a note is populated you can not always delete it - even thought you did not see the patient - if you check them in by accident and go back and fix it - it still generates a note that you can not delete.

Progressively declining and currently abysmal customer support

I used Practice Fusion since 2009 for my solo psychiatry practice, and became a paid subscriber to continue to use its e-prescribing and EPCS. The EMR support has always been spotty, and it only got worse since it became a paid EMR. It took 5 months to fix an authentication bug which affected e-prescribing significantly, occasionally EPCS would go down completely with no warning and any information...

Pros

Ease of use, can create your templates, EPCS easy (when it works), relatively affordable, runs on multiple platforms (when it is up). I don't use the billing and scheduling features.

Cons

Nonexistent customer support (of any kind - Tech tickets ignored, phone support not available, your PF rep will just tell you they have no ETA when an issue will be resolved). Horrible is an understatement - you are completely on your own. Problematic issues with eprescribing (primarily, EPCS), will pop up repeatedly, impossible to establish lab connection, poor rendering on mobile devices, too many screens to click through. Often slows down during peak hours (I have a FIOS 50/50 connection so not on my end).

Do not sign up with this EMR. Look elsewhere. False advertising.

've been with Practice Fusion for 7 years. When I joined, they promised that the service would always be free. Seriously, that was there main selling point. Always free. About 5 years in, they sold the company and now the story has changed. Now it's $99/provider/month. I tolerated the issues with PF when it was free because I was saving so much money that I could deal with the short comings. Now that...

Pros

Easy to use. Started with the company 7 years ago because it was free and advertised that it would always be free. They lied.

Cons

No customer service. Cannot perform basic easy functions. Cannot send patient reminders to have them call for an annual appointment. If a patient wants their chart released or an insurance company needs there chart, you have to download each document, lab one by one. It can take an hour to copy one chart. The only bulk thing you can download are the notes but everything else has to be downloaded one by one. I've been requesting basic functionality for 7 years and nothing gets done. Now you can't even get them to respond to help tickets or scheduled online meetings.

Benefits do NOT outweigh the risks

Once your new user status is up, and the likelihood of you switching EHR's is very low, there will be no support, and no accountability. With ever changing regulations, payer policies, clinical guidelines, drugs and technologies on market, certification requirements and on and on, do you really need to worry about how your EMR is going to force another change on your practice and livelihood.

Pros

simplistic design, customizable templates, integrated calendar that answering service can use for scheduling, used to be free

Cons

Labs do not get attached to referrals. As a Nephrologist immersed in lab results, this is a key function for me! When remedy ticket is created, the representative talks in circles, sometimes taking a week to reply. One rep finally acknowledged this was a known issue. One year later, I contacted cust service to request a full data extraction to migrate to another EHR. Same run around. Tried the...

Overall Great EHR.

Pros

I love that this product can be accessed from anywhere at any time on any computer with an internet connection. It is very easy to use and easy to customize. I find that the ease of customizing the software is one of the best features for myself as a chiropractor using a software designed for medical doctors.

Cons

I wish there were more reports including patient demographic reports. I have a separate billing company, so I have not been able to combine Practice Fusion's features with a billing software yet. Because of that, when I want a patient list for a mailing or something similar, it is not easy to do unlike running some of the other reports that are built in.

User for 5 years Direct Primary Care (no insurance participation)

This partially forced takover is unfortunate for those of us trying to reduce cost for our patients and provide better care. All scripts is solely interested I couldn't be less interested in All scripts. I'll go back to paper first.

Pros

Formerly free - relatively simple and easy to use. Now not worth the monthly cost - not even close.

Cons

Practice Fusion sold out on a promise it would always be free. After investigation, I learned why and understand ie. Govt legal issues expecting to cost millions. Having had many EHR/EMR over my 30 yrs practice, All scripts is needed of worst companies to deal with. Horrible support now evident with Fusion, click crazy environment. Uncertain what changes will occur with Fusion.

Stay away from this electronic system - its a scam!

HORRIBLE

Pros

I had many times over the last years when it did not work with numerous errors given from pharmacies as the prescriptions did not go through. The practice fusion customer service is INEXISTENT. You try to call and they tell you same thing all the time, that "its huge volume of calls and to send them an email", and then you email them and you get an answer in 2 weeks, but no...your problem is still unsolved. And be prepared when you realize this hardship is overwhelming and that you cannot prescribe medications to your patients and you decide to stop subscription, you will have extremely difficult time to have them let go, they will claim you have contract and that you are STUCK with them for year.

Cons

-errors frequently -inexistent customer service

It was a great Free EHR, still a decent deal with the cost version

It's a relatively easy to use EHR, especially for practices who don't have a lot of complicated setup and need something affordable.

Pros

Our billing company recommended this product to several of our offices who needed EHR but couldn't invest thousands of dollars. This was a great option for them at the free level. Now it is a paid subscription. It's still a reasonably priced version, but needs some enhancements to compete.

Cons

Getting help was complicated--and getting enhancements implemented was also complicated. We had several clients ultimately abandon it when it became paid because they could get more features with other platforms.

Great value but could be more time and billing efficient

Pros

I think the system is visually easy to use and intuitive for the most part. They have excellent customer support and are very responsive. Also, it is difficult to beat the cost - FREE! Notes are easy to compose and creating templates or commonly used phrases (smart text shortcuts) are very simple and don't require too much effort.

Cons

I have found it difficult to integrate with billing solutions that work for my small, solo practitioner office and it lacks any two way communication with claims clearinghouses/billers making a separate billing system (expensive and time consuming) mandatory. Also, in NC we are not yet able to use EPCS for controlled substances. In theory patients can complete intake forms prior to the new patient appointments, but the patient access system seems to have frequent problems and in the past 2 months has only worked about 50% of the time making paper records (and lost visit time) necessary.

Our experience with PF is very good .. complete and very easy to use.

We were able to satisfy the initial medical necessity requirement and collected the first incentive for the three doctors in the office. We need more help in pursuing the subsequent incentives for using the EHR.

Pros

Complete and very user-friendly. We have used this program since April of 2012 and it has served us very well. It is very easy to use. Even a newly hired staff can start using it right away.

Cons

The PA module needs to be repaired. It is frustrating. The member's ID should be automatically posted from the member's insurance profile. The phone number formatting and autofill should coordinate. The saving does not work so I have to start all over again.

I started using this product whe I opened my own practice over 5 years ago. It serves my purposes!

I will continue to recommend this product unless I see a better one that is also free to use.

Pros

Most of it works well. They try to fix things and make them more user friendly. If you want a true review, don't ask people to make it a minimum number of characters. This is annoying. I wonder if this is eough characters yet. Don't make us work to appease you!

Cons

Patient communications don't get to me . For example, I don't get verification that they will be there for their appointments. Also they try to change data on their accounts that doesn't come through. Somethings about it are still a bit awkward.

MEDICAL RECORDS SOFWARE

WE ARE USING PRACTICE FUSION ALMOST 8 YEARS, THE SET UP IS VERY WELL DONE, THE COMMUNICATION WITH OUR PRACTICE FUSION MANAGMENT IS FAST, THEY ARE ALWAYS THERE FOR YOU AND FAST TO RESPOND BY EMAIL AND THE PHONE

Pros

WE USE PRACTICE FUSION FROM 2012, WE WERE THE FIRST TO START WITH THEM, THE SOFTWARE IS EASY TO USE, VERY FRIENDLY AND VERY GOOD ORGANIZED, LOTS OF OPTION FOR USERS, ALWAYS UPDATING ALL REQUERED INFORMATION BY MEDICARE

Cons

NOT REALLY MUCH WHAT I DO NOT LIKE, WILL RECOMMED THIS SOFWARE TO OTHER HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS, PLUS THEIR PRICE IS VERY ACCEPTABLE TO COMPARE WITH OTHERS

worst technical support, if you have not started yet, think twice, denied e scribe and no one knows

Free EMR

Pros

Free but Practice fusion gets pain by vendors- xray, lab etc. they have e scribe which helped a lot and I did 95% of my prescriptions including narcotics but now I'm having a nightmare.

Cons

I'm getting used to it but if you have a problem they have the worst technical support- no one seems to know the problem- no supervisor to talk to, no one knows how to fix, updating a license expiration date will messed up your e scribe and NO ONE can help. They want to change your expiration date thats different from your actual expiration date is the only advise they can give you. What a nightmare!

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.