All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Practice Fusion

Cloud-based electronic health record platform

Practice Fusion Reviews

I needed help, but it was not provided.

Good product because it was free. Since I was not putting any money into the product, the company felt it should not have to put any time into providing in-house in service and education on the product. Which is too bad, because I would have liked to use it.

Pros

The product was free. The product had a lot of a lot of uses for my clinic. Electronic prescriptions.

Cons

Customer support was not very supportive. I had problems with e-prescription which were never resolved. The modules were okay. However, I wanted in-house training for me and my staff. I was told to watch the videos. Which means that no thought was given to the different type of learning styles that people have. Consequently, I had to find a different system that was responsive to the needs of my office and would schedule in-house training.

Practice Fusion is so easy to use and I create my own templates that fits my Chiropractic Practice.

The streamline of my notes and the ease of using this program. I like customizing my notes based on my practice. The customer service is impeccable. I have already referred many friends to PF.

Pros

The ease of using this software and I get to create my own templates which I love. I have been using this software for over two years and it keeps getting better. Plus it's complimentary with CMS.

Cons

I understand that information are being updated daily and it's hard for the folks to update everything on the site. There are still clicks that don't have the required informations that is needed. I'm sure it's coming!

Great EMR....The BEST I have ever used

Over the past 25 years I have tried almost a dozen systems in different settings. They all seemed to promise a lot, and delivered very little. I have used systems that cost over a million dollars for my small office, and many were tried in the $-$ range. I would gladly put Practice Fusion up against them all. It is great and it delivers exactly what they promise and they also provide the best customer support that I have seen in the EMR field.

Pros

The service. The ease of use. The comprehensive nature

Cons

There is nothing that I do not like

try something else

Pros

what i LIKED was that it was free has really gone downhill since i started paying for it

Cons

since i started paying, the software has become less user friendly worst of all, it is impossible to get in touch with someone from customer service. it was easier when it was free (and then not all that easy). What am i paying for? Have been on hold for 20 minutes and have moved up fromposition 19 to position 14. Who nowadays has the time for this? I tried 3 times last week to ask my question online and got no response as yet (though i do have 3 ticket numbers)

Great inexpensive software

It is a very good product for the price. It is hard to find an EHR that is this intuitive and well thought out for the price. I

Pros

Practice fusion is a great EHR for the price. The layout is for the most part intuitive. It functions well for compliance with national mandates. The price is low compared to the majority of other EHRs.

Cons

There are a lot areas where I wish I could click less. I have not found the template portion of the EHR very easy to use. I wish you could have dropdown menus and be able to tab through multiple choices for easy selection.

Think carefully before using

I have used practice fusion since 2010. In the beginning, tech support was helpful and expedient. While there were many system fixes, in the beginning, they generally improved the situation. However, over the last several years, the tech supports has declined significantly. Even more frustrating is the ability to communicate with a supervisor to resolve issues. Most recently, there is an error in a drug called Belbuca, only approved for pain because Practice fusion feels that it is the same as suboxone!. Have tried to explain to many tech support, same pull down menu. A little better on the phone but no change in results. Ridiculous that this cannot be resolved.

Pros

Free

Cons

Poor customer support.

best software

one of the best decision i made starting to use practice fusion , I have not looked back since i started this software easier to use very user friendly and practical.

Pros

Free Easier to use practical and adoptable. integrated with most labs e prescribe very easy to use

Cons

billing component, medication recon

Very good, for its price

Very good software for specialists, not helpful for family care, where g codes are needed, cpt codes

Pros

Cheap, really easy to use, synopsis page, no need to download a program, online base system, patient portal with direct communication ( which helps reducing tons of phone calls). Obviously basic Emr features like rx, labs, fax, referrals.

Cons

A lot of free typing, need for sections like hx surgeries, social hx, preventive with templates or justs clicks. Attachments can not be divided in categories. Addendums per sections not general.

I HAVE BEEN USING PRACTICE FUSION FOR APPROXIMATELY 8 YEARS. I FIND IT TO BE VERY USER FRIENDLY.

EMR AND SCHEDULER ARE SO EASY TO USE, I ALSO LIKE THE DAILY REPORT THAT I CAN RUN, ERROR REPORTS , PATIENT REPORTS. I ALSO LIKE TO FUNCTION OF COPYING MEDICAL RECORDS, MAKE IT VER EASY FOR MEDICAL RECORD REVIEWS.

Pros

I LIKE THE WAY I AM ABLE TO SEE ALL OF THE PATIENTS VISITS WITHOUT LEAVING THE SCREEN I AM IN. THE SCHEDULE IS VERY EASY TO USE AND MANAGE. LOVE THE REPORTS YOU CAN PRINT OUT. AND LOVE THE WAY ENCOUNTERS ARE CREATED AND DROPPED.

Cons

THAT YOU CAN ONLY HAVE FIVE PATIENTS OPEN AT A TIME. AND SOMETIMES I HAVE PROBLEMS IMPUTING NEW INFORMATION IN.

Practice Fusion is GREAT

Pros

I have been using this product for 3 years. Implementation was easy and the staff was wonderful. They are constantly upgrading the product to make it compliant with the never ending, government regulations. The help desk is wonderful. Having remote access on my cellphone is amazing and helps when patients call after hours.

Cons

This is a cloud based system. It has gone down in the past, but the crew at Practice Fusion has made corrections very rapidly. The worst outage was related to general downtime from AT&T.

User friendly

Good expereince and no vital problem using this website. I highly recommend this if you want to use inexpensive EHR/EMR.

Pros

IT's very convenient to use. I'm working as a certified healthcare virtual assistant. It's more like a VA but focused on the medical side. I'm the one who handles real-time documentation for my client directly to her EMR which is this PF. It's very convenient and easy to use. We can pretty much do everything directly to this EMR for example. referrals, order prescriptions, etc.

Cons

Well, you can't use this without the internet. The insurance list is not updated, as well as the pharmacy list they have on their system.

Not suitable for Clinical Massage Therapy Practice

We were searching for software to keep digital medical records, and also to keep printable SOAP charts for our medical massage therapy patients. There were many extraneous features not applicable to our practice that drove our choice to go to a different software suite.

Pros

The interface is easy to read, landing pages easy to navigate. The colors pop, the menus easy to get through.

Cons

It was not appropriate or useful for our practice. We are a medical massage therapy practice, but we do not take patient vitals, etc.

Free, but has some drawbacks

When we started using Practice Fusion 8-9 years ago, it was incredibly well supported and functional for the time. However, over time it has had less and less support, and has had several episodes of downtime in the past year which were incredibly disruptive. However, it's the best system available for free in my opinion.

Pros

It's free!!!! Good for the small practice In connects to electronic faxing system (Updox) for a fully electronic office

Cons

It used to be very intuitive, but is a little less so now. It doesn't have the level of support that is needed for a FT practice.

Could improve some options for psychiatrists; especially for contact that is not covered by options

Pros

ease of use, combines a lot of functionalities in one place, organized well, good customer support, great value for the money, responsive company

Cons

not completely up to date on ICD 10 codes for psychiatry - slow to update for psychiatrists in past; has some bugs related to psychiatry medications - for no reason at all - it suddenly will take a medicine I prescribed a month before - off its list - replace it with the generic name and I have to re-enter start dates that I no longer access

Practice Fusion

I have used Practice Fusion at two different offices. It is a free product and qualifies for the federal incentive programs. It is capable of completing all of the basic requirements of a physician's office. The providers did not have trouble using it and we still use it in one of our smaller offices.

Pros

Free program, qualifies for the government programs, fairly easy for the providers to navigate.

Cons

Cannot be used to do Rural Health billing. Support was more personal in the beginning, now most problems are handled by e-mail rather than speaking with a person.

Great software!

I have recommended it to several colleagues as the only way to go.

Pros

We have been using PracticeFusion at our clinic for the past several years. Although it is designed for doctors, it is customizable so that we can use it with our psychotherapy clinic. It makes scheduling and charting simple and is always at my fingertips as I can access it anywhere.

Cons

It's not specifically designed for therapists. It was designed with doctors in mind, which I'm sure makes a doctor's office a better fit.

Good functionality, although not always intuitive to use

Pros

This software is able to be used by providers from multiple disciplines (e.g., physicians and their charting needs, as well as psychotherapy notes)

Cons

Some of the functions are not intuitive, such as where to click to find a desired task. The window where I write notes also has many sections that I don't need but am unable to clear away, thus limiting the space I do actually want to write my note. However, it's designed for a medical practice rather than for my needs (therapy).

Practice Fusion has odd limitations and customer support does not resolve glitches quickly.

We benefit by having a free EMR that does electronically send superbills to our billing software (Collaborate MD).

Pros

The best part about Practice Fusion is it's free. I'm very excited that for 2018 we can submit Meaningful Use Data through Practice Fusion directly, which is going to save me a lot of time this year.

Cons

The scheduler is inefficient - I pushed my company to use CollaborateMD (our billing software) for the scheduler because of how awkward and inefficient Practice Fusion is in this category.

Best Cost Effective EMR

Have used in-house software, commercial (expensive) cloud-based software, and came to rely on Practice Fusion (PF). It is a cloud-based, template driven, a multi-platform software that is quick (depending on internet speed). Whereas other software requires you to use a single computer platform, PF works on Mac OS, iPad, as well as PCs. PF is also dynamic, no only are there multiple releases with new features each year, the user interface and templates can be modified on the fly to make patient charting quicker and more efficient. I highly recommend PF.

Pros

see above

Cons

nothing, its better than other out there

Reasonable EHR Software

We use Practice Fusion in multiple Clinical Locations to document patient information. We have services offered aside from our traditional medical services that need to be documented but not in our regular EHR. Practice Fusion is easy to use from scheduling to provider notes and a great tool for small clinics or clinics where multiple locations need a reasonable software.

Pros

It was free and even though it is now paid it is and EHR with great pricing.

Cons

Prescriptions almost do not look real. When writing prescriptions in this software even though printed on RX paper, the prescriptions look like anyone could have written the prescription. A lot of pharmacies in our area want to call and verify they are real.

If You Want To Wait 24 hours to 2 days For Support This is For You

Alscripts needs to get their act together and realize that having a functioning EHR is critical to patient care.

Pros

It's relatively inexpensive

Cons

You have to wait to talk to anyone from customer service. Sent a support ticket on Saturday, got an email on Tuesday that someone would be in touch with help. Finally found a real telephone number and spoke to a live person only to be told someone would call me in 24 hours. I'm not holding my breath. Apparently, very high call volume. I can guess why.

A free EMR that offers so much

If you don't need specialty specific functions, PF is a really good software.I used it for almost 6 years. I like it!

Pros

It has scheduler for patient appointment booking including online booking. The ability to create own charting templates and edit any time. Eprescription connection with local pharmacies. Support meaningful use.

Cons

The online portal not necessarily bring in new customers but mainly existing customers. Lack of electronic devices integration. No ecommerce through PF.

BETTER WHEN FREE

Hopefully things will improve Now that money isRequired to participate in this software.It is not geared up for specialists. That's a problem

Pros

This was just great when I was free, It does connect to a large number of labsWhich willEasily import laboratory dataFor each patient.

Cons

There is absolutely no customer support.Days go by before you get a response and oftenThere's just no help.When you do get help it is spotty. Admittedly some -But Very few - Support personnel helpful.

Good EHR at any price, but the new update may have ruined it.

Pros

Free EHR is hard to beat especially when I know other offices have paid 35+K for their EHR and have received little to no help setting it up. Comprehensive with all the info needed for charting and meaningful use. It WAS easy to set up and start using.

Cons

The new update is terrible and may have ruined a great EHR. It WAS an easy to use, comprehensive, well thought out EHR. It is completely different now and is requiring a whole lot of time re-learning and navigating what I was using without difficulty. I am a health care provider not a computer engineer nor a data entry clerk The updated version takes a lot more time away from my patient care. The new update needs a new update! Like I said, I'm not a computer geek so, if I can use it anybody can....but the updated version is much more complicated.

Intuitive, Effective EHR

We really enjoy working with Practice Fusion. We have several providers and the ease of this EHR is very important and beneficial to us. It is an excellent fit.

Pros

Intuitive and easy to use; cost effective; covers broad scope of clinical needs (scheduling, SOAP note, messages, medications)

Cons

Requested updates take a long time and often no resolve is met. While customer service is very friendly, they are not helpful in regards to reporting concerns with the EHR and providing information for updates.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.