All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Practice Fusion

Cloud-based electronic health record platform

Practice Fusion Reviews

Review of Practice Fusion

Pros

I love that it is easy to use, easy to adapt to, staff and students can quickly pick it up, and that it is free of charge! I like the ability to customize templates and dot phrases.

Cons

There are some limitations with it for a gynecology practice that involves a lot of imaging and lab reports. There is not a fast way to access imaging results from within the SOAP note, and this becomes an issue for our particular practice, but for a practice that was not so built upon imaging, it would not be as much of an inconvenience. Labs can be viewed by scrolling up in the SOAP note, if the interface for each lab works appropriately.

now expensive EHR for features

it was a nice switch after paper charting

Pros

I used to love PF, as it was free to use, and was easy to fax/ email chart notes to other providers. it has easily customization templates, and can integrate billing, and help you catch chart notes with no super bill submitted pretty easily

Cons

I do not like the new pricing structure. It is much more expensive than similar EHRs, and the interface is not as nice, or as easy to use across modalities.

Practice Fusion Meets my needs

I have used EPIC for 15 years so my bar is pretty high. I haven't tried any other EMRs. I've been using PF for 5 months now and I'm starting to get more fluid.

Pros

It's free which was very helpful starting up as a part time solo practitioner. But I keep hearing that it will no longer be free since it was recently purchased. Lots of pre-made templates, I don't use them as I don't find them helpful, but someone else might. You can make your templates, which is not intuitive, but once you figure it out it's a real time saver E-mail appointment reminder system Electronic medication ordering system There is a way to do electronic billing through PF but it is not free and I haven't used it There is capacity to receive labs directly into PF but it is not free and I haven't used it

Cons

Ads on pages are annoying The screen for typing into is too small Notes section on Profile Page is too small No Text appointment reminder system None of my patients seem to be able to figure out the patient portal I find it cumbersome jumping between SOAP tabs, there may be easier ways to do it but I haven't taken the time to learn.

Our clinic used the free component for scheduling

Would love to use all features of this product. Not cost effective now that I"m self-employed.

Pros

Provides HIPAA compliancy for scheduling. Options for remote access to identify your schedule when not at work. It helped our office manager coordinate multiple clinicians' schedules.

Cons

Our clinic did not opt to pay for this service which would allow us to chart! I wish they did as paper notes are the worst!! No real complaints about this software.

Excellent Value

Overall, Practice Fusion has been an excellent way for the small practice to keep up with the larger practices. Easy for the staff to use and for the doctor to make templates.

Pros

Practice Fusion has allowed our small practice to quality for all of the insurance companies incentive programs with the Dashboard it makes it easy to know where we stand.

Cons

Hard to get things changed or added - program recommendations - interfacing.

Good EMR

The program is very good helps the practice run smoothly, wish it had a option to block out holidays automatically each year. I think reports especially for annual visits needs to be worked on because I have noticed the amount of patients the report gives me is in accurate

Pros

Ease of scheduling appointments and printing out any medical records

Cons

Doesn’t have an option to block out holidays so it has to be manually entered. Reports aren’t accurate.

Very little interest in helping the physician; bugs are never fixed. Platform is unstable.

Free software

Pros

Free. That is great thing. I have created multiple templates over the years which suit my needs. Ads are not terribly intrusive.

Cons

But there is almost no interest in streamlining for the physician. simple bugs are often never fixed. Refuses to upgrade so that controlled substances can be sent electronically, and to print to fax is unnecessarily burdensome. Platform is unstable and system often crashes. AT times you lose data.

Poor customer service

Pros

Easy to use, Erx, lab integration, scheduling.

Cons

Very poor customer support. The wait time for the call is a minimum of 1 hour!. Today they said they disabled their phone line due to high call volume. We have been trying to reach them for the past 4 days. Our practice manager now and in the past have not been helpful in resolving any issues either. Very frustrating to deal with PF.

Free EMR

It is very user friendly, and absolutely wonderful for independent practices!

Pros

First it is free. It is set up close to most "typical EMR's" making it easy to use and easy to learn. Another Pro built in electronic prescription with eligibility feature built in the program. Easy to learn about medicare requirements and apply to notes for appropriate documentation.

Cons

Difficult to come up with personal templates. Though you can customize a template, but the ability to make exactly how you want is not an available feature. It would be nice to have E & M calculator for the Superbill/billing.

PRACTICE FUSION USER

RUNS A LITTLE SLOW. SHOULD BE ABLE TO ADD MULTIPLE INSURANCE CASES LABELED ACTIVE OR INACTIVE.

Pros

ABILITY TO FILTER APPOINTMENTS BY PROVIDER, PENDING, ARRIVED OR CANCELED. ABILITY TO UPLOAD DOCUMENTS TO FILES. EMAIL/TEXT PATIENT REMAINDERS.

Cons

ODD HOW YOU HAVE TO APPROVE FILES UPLOADED FROM ANOTHER SCREEN. CAN NOT ADD SEPARATE PINNED NOTES. WISH YOU CAN CREATE NEW CASES SAVING OLD INSURANCES.

Easy at first, now I am starting to look for other EMR, since not getting much tech support

free software when i was unable to afford it.

Pros

Free, easy to use, I love its concept. It helped a lot when I first opened my office. I have all the labs I use integrated into the system.

Cons

I am unable to get prescription requests thro' escript from the pharmacies for last 1 year, I have been crying for help but none of the techs have been able to solve it! Notes still shows ICD 9 codes. Billing too complicated so had to out source.

Very happy with Practice Fusion after changing from eCW

Pros

It has good search functions and is pretty smart in matching the terms I use to find a diagnosis with the terms that are in the codes. The Meaningful Use reports are great and easy to run. ePrescribing and labs were very easy to set up. I love the fact that it is free! The help forum and tutorial videos have been a huge help. The templates give more flexibility that some in being able to mix and match different components of a visit. For example, for an endometrial biopsy, the procedure is going to be the same regardless of the indication. With PF, I can have one template with four options for the subjective, all tied to the same procedure portion. Also, the security is good, according to my IT Person.

Cons

The classifications of staff, nurse, NP, and MD are somewhat restrictive. I had to give everyone MD level access so that my MA can lock telephone encounters; otherwise, I would have to sign every single phone encounter and insurance document. It would be nice if labs could be transmitted electronically and if the templates could have diagnoses associated with them. It would also be nice to have some flowsheets.

Review of Practice Fusion

We have been able to maximize use of the software and save money by not losing revenue.

Pros

Medical billing is made easy by this software. Everything is viewable on one screen and the ease of navigating is great! It allows easy charge entry and payment posting, always showing the balance for everyone to see. Providers able to generate charts with minimal clicks!

Cons

Can be hard to view if you have bad eye sight!

Overall good prouct

Free Ease of Use Fast No down time

Pros

Ease of use and thoughtful time-saving features that help reduce aggravation. It's a well designed doctor friendly product that has taken some of the wrinkles out of the process without users always being aware of the behind the scenes effort. Fast and responsive.

Cons

Government reporting is not inclusive for all specialties. Not all possible MIPS measures are present.

Laborious

It would be better if the default charting was normal findings, and you only had to select a template or enter a short text to change to a positive finding

Pros

I like that I can find my previous entries easily, so that I can copy and paste and then edit easily.

Cons

Charting takes a long time. There should be more automatic templates so I do not need to type so much. If they are available, then learning how to use them is not so obvious.

Practice Fusion was great for our small office

Pros

Practice Fusion has custom templates, easy to learn and use, and was easy to transition from our paper charts. The feature to prescribe medications and look up pharmacy locations is great. Scheduling is a breeze compared to paper calendars and organizers.

Cons

Sometimes when you save something it closes out and doesn't actually save. It is probably just a glitch but losing notes is time consuming.

HIPAA compliant free electronic medical records.

Pros

Have to train students three times per year and they catch on really quickly. We are a student-run free clinic so the students graduate and I have retrain the next group.

Cons

Reports need to be more robust. I have to hand count many items I need for grants. We do not bill for services and the reporting that is built in does not cover the information I need at times.

Since they started charging, has gone downhill

Pros

User friendly, easy to learn, does some MIPS recording, but not in its entirely, online access from anywhere.

Cons

Customer service is horrible; they are rude, not helpful at all and you are easily on hold for 40 minutes at a time. You can leave a message, but no one ever calls you back. My MA cannot call in refills or prescriptions. The triplicate e-prescribing is clunky and doesn't always work. Was going to finish my notes for the day and I can't log on to the system, but they are no scheduled outages. For the price, definitely better out there.

Gets worse every month

I am excited to say that we are finally getting a new EMR. Practice Fusion is simply TERRIBLE. The 3 days notice for a change THEY MADE was the last straw for our practice.

Pros

I liked that it was free and truly helped me build my practice, without paying for an EMR when I opened. When Practice Fusion fell short, it was ok because it was free. The always stated they would be free and then sold out. They promptly started to charge but changed NOTHING!! Now you pay for something that was free, with terrible Customer service.

Cons

They simply have no idea what they are doing. 3 days notice given to practice to update prescribing because they used a new company. Instructions are TERRIBLE and their system is not ready for it. Additionally, they are TERRIBLE with MIPS and meaningful use. YOU WILL GET PENALIZED IF YOU USE THEIR SYSTEM. 3 set meetings, that they simply did not attend. My entire team was sitting around a table, for the MIPS meeting THEY REQUESTED and 3 times they did not attend or even contact us. They DO NOT respond to calls or emails BUT when you log into the EMR you see "SIGN UP FOR MIPS". It is a joke.

Great software

Pros

The ease of use makes this program excellent for my practice. I have not used the scheduler yet, but I intend to in the near future. I currently pay for a scheduler and billing program that has a fraction of the features of practice fusion.

Cons

No ability to click on body parts like some other chiropractic programs, but to be fair this is not solely based on chiropractic

We have used PF in our clinics for the past 5 years. We are a nonprofit free clinic w/ 3500 patients

Pros

That its web based. Our providers are volunteers and aren't here every day, or even every week, which means they can review lab results, etc from home or wherever. It helps our efficiency tremendously. I also love that its free for non-profits ;)

Cons

It was very difficult to get Admin support. Long waits to get live support...like hours or more than a day.

Good product for a reasonable price

A good model for cloud-based EHR. Has all the basic bells and whistles and is very much reasonably priced.

Pros

Simple, intuitive interface. Has all the necessary bells and whistles. Frequent updates to stay in touch with users. Excellent knowledge base and training videos if you have any questions.

Cons

They can change things overnight and you have to adjust. They still lack some key features.

Functional EHR

Practice Fusion has been cost effective. Initially it was free, and the price now is competitive. It works well for a small business.

Pros

The software is easy to install, and is updated frequently to meet new requirements.

Cons

It is difficult to make phone contact when there is an immediate need. In general though, once a “ticket” is created, someone does get back to you quickly.

A very good value for your investment.

Practice Fusion was my first introduction into the world of Electronic Health Records. It provided a very helpful in transitioning my non-force chiropractic practice from paper files to electronic records.

Pros

Easy to navigate, the opening page shows an efficient overview of my practice beginning with my last patient encounter. Easy to create customizable templates that relate to my unique non-force chiropractic practice. Easy to find individual patient data with a minimum of clicking.

Cons

Customer Support was spotty and long wait times common.

Free, easy, great functionality

Pros

Templates make entering information easy. ICD-10 conversion works very well and effortlessly. The cost is free which is great for new practitioners. There's online forms you can create for new patients to complete before their visit which can automatically integrate into your note.

Cons

Some reminders are not applicable to my profession and there is no way to turn those reminders off. Also, I have a person who used to be involved in the company who doesn't work here anymore and there is no way to take them out of the system. Their name stays in the way when scheduling appointments, assigning tasks, and even checking your schedule. I checked with practice fusion and they don't have a solution for it. It seems like an basic and easy fix to remove a user, but it's just not possible.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.