All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Practice Fusion

Cloud-based electronic health record platform

Practice Fusion Reviews

easy and manageable for a small practice

Templates can be designed better

Pros

free of charge Very easy to use and learn, no prior set up required POrtable and can be used on multiple locations

Cons

Often has technical glitches. No easy way to send consult letters. Cannot receive faxes online. Poor lab list to integrate. Not easy to use on mobile devises

Love Practice Fusion

We have had PF since 2014. I have had 2 other EHR softwares that were awful in terms of ease of use. PF is very user friendly. If there is a con to the software it would probably be in the ability to have more options for template design. I highly recommend Practice Fusion.

Pros

How easy it is to use.

Cons

Lack of options for template design.

This is the best EMR system I could imagine

I would recommend this system to anyone who is in the healthcare field. With no hesitation.

Pros

I love being able to access every patients information so effortlessly. I am able to access messages from providers, relay messages to the patients, update their entire profile with the click of a button. With every doctors encounter it is so simple to go through templates and record any new information.

Cons

I don’t love that I need to update the patient’s PMH in addition to updated vaccines, surgical history, etc. but that is a small price to pay for the amazing system that it is.

They just destroyed it for a Mental Health Provider.

Pros

I loved Practice Fusion in the past. It was easy to use and had a lot of great features. They have completely updated everything so it now a learning curve to figure out how to use again. They have left out things but hopefully will continue to improve and put these back in.

Cons

I think they are a great company. Software is focused on the medical provider but it is usable with a lot of tweaking by a mental health professional. It is so much more time consuming to use than before they switched to the new system.

Great product with easy learning curve

Pros

Ease of use, free to use, integrated billing can be used with this software, Many pre-made templates that can be shared with other practitioners and very easy to make your own

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult to navigate around and view previous notes and previous billing inquiries.

2019 Practice Fusion Review

Pros

My practice has been using Practice Fusion for the past 8 years and initially it was a feature rich tool in the marketplace. Not to mention it was Free. But over last couple of years there have been minimal updates, there is a monthly/yearly subscription fee but the software is not keeping up with other tools in the market place.

Cons

Cannot txt patient appointment reminders Cannot fax patient records directly from tool Document attachment feature is not usable in current state to become make all patient records electronic Software support representatives are of little help (lack product knowledge) and no time commitments given to fix production issues. Minimal billing integration, leaves you searching 2 systems to track payments Lack of robust reports (this is huge if want to grow and understand your patient flow) Patient eligibility check is not integrated will all payers (i.e. cannot verify Medicare eligibility)

Practice Fusion User

Too much clutter on notes. Not good platform for specialists / surgeons Customer service and technical help very sub-par - seems like too small of a company

Pros

cloud based reasonable monthly cost for small practice Soap Note templating allows variable options within a templated diagnosis searching dx codes is made easy

Cons

customer service and technical help is pretty much non-existent with this company. rigid parameters / fields that do not adjust - such as creation and templating of procedure notes and operative notes have to be in SOAP format which I would prefer these encounters appear as a separate note type unable to save frequent prescribing habits so each time a medicine is given it takes significant time...

Unprofessional, unethical, incompetent

I gave them a list of my complaints, not the least of which was that my trainer couldn't even explain the use of templates on their system. Also their knowledge base is completely unhelpful. Their response was to breach contract by shutting down my access to the EMR. I have a full schedule on the next business day and now have no EMR. These people are criminals! Stay far away!!!!

Pros

It does some EMR like stuff. It looks nice. The price is right. That's about it.

Cons

Too many to list. Their customer service is unprofessional and unethical. They have answers to nothing. They always refer me to the suggestion board when I ask about why a feature isn't present that is a standard part of medical practice since forever. The suggestion board is where suggestions go to die. Seriously, there are good suggestions on there from 5+ years ago that have been ignored. All of my suggestions, again part of medicine since forever, have sat there awaiting the moderator to clear them for over a month!

PF

evolving system, used it for 7 years, amazing evolution. even if you dont know anything about EHR, you can learn it in one day.

Pros

very easy system, and fast. easiest system that i have ever used in my life, and used so many.

Cons

no billing company connected with it, that is good.

Easy To Use

Our office staff loved the ease of Practice Fushion. Our providers wanted something more user friendly when doing progress notes.

Pros

The ease of use for the office staff as well as the provider

Cons

Not able to have check boxes for the providers notes

Easy and Customizable.

Overall, satisfied with Practice Fusion.

Pros

What I like most about Practice fusion is that you can customize your own templates for various exam types.

Cons

What I least like about Practice Fusion is we are unable to bill insurances directly is a definite con.

It seems each upgrade makes the charting harder

Pros

It's free and our tiny practice could not afford to buy a software. I can use it from home. I can check it for inactive patients.

Cons

Scheduling still has glitches where appointments get erased mysteriously It takes forever to get useful changes made

Excellent system with pay for use

I really like the ease of use for this EHR. I would recommend the product and really see an advantage to use in the practice. Great for small businesses, startups or established practices.

Pros

I really like the product for our SPA in our practice. It helps me compartmentalize, chart, and keep all of our patients up to date. It is a great product that I can put templates and saved macros to make it much quicker and easier to use.

Great Patient System for Small Office

Pros

The biggest pro for the software is that it was free to use. Secondly, it was a hosted web application, so no more server to manage in the office. It having support on the PC as well as the iPad helped our doctor interact more smoothly based on type of encounter. Main functions: charting, management, etc. all work consistently so we don't have issues. Compliance in the platform is another plus.

Cons

The biggest issue is when your Internet goes down. When there is an on-site server you wouldn't have an issue, but with web based you have to have a backup plan for operations.

EMR for startups and free clinics

Pros

Free electronic medical record that is generally user-friendly. BEST for primary care medical practices, but worked well for me at the time I was starting my private counseling practice. EXCELLENT resource for free clinics too. I especially liked the opportunity to develop my own language that I could pre-load then click to enter frequently used expressions in my SOAP notes.

Cons

No choice for using SOAP note format for progress notes. No way to run reports for the kinds of information I wanted. Nothing about it was behavioral health friendly but it worked well enough in the early years of my counseling practice.

Not Palliative Care Freindly

Does not track quality measures relevant to palliative care. Support staff did not seem interested in adding measures that would be beneficial to our program. It is also very siloed meaning, that our various practices within the same healthcare system can not see or share patient information. We all have to reenter the patient medications, history from scratch if the patient moves from one practice to another within our system.

Pros

It's free

Cons

Does not track the quality measures I need. Support staff did not seem willing to add any more quality measures. My emails have never been answered. Can not track metrics for the palliative care program that I need.

Decent capability when it was free...

Pros

This software was free for quite a while. It truly is very customizable in the documentation section, but lacks many capabilities that other systems include.

Cons

The software is unable to link to many popular billing systems.

Practice Fusion easy 123!

Very great experience i will recommend this to all offices that uses a scheduling system!

Pros

You can easily schedule patients with a few clicks! This software is the best!

Cons

Glitches! sometimes not all the time, the screen can shut down on us.

Fee free is now a monthly fee!!

Pros

Easy to use with a very short learning curve.

Cons

Did not integrate well with billing software. Log on security is a bit overkill and time consuming. Scheduler was a bit cumbersome to use.

Always easy to use

Pros

It always easy to use! And I have no complaints out of my staff that uses it. Very user friendly all the time.

Cons

We have no current cons. We are happy with the product. We would definitely recommend it in the future.

Easy to go live!

Free EMR

Pros

Ease of use. Ease to train staff. On-line and cross platform compatibility is best. Can use Mac, PC or Linux

Cons

If my internet is down, so am I. I can't think of too may other cons. Can be easier to use sign in and out.

BEST EMR FOR THE MONEY

EMR is so much better than EPIC could ever hope to be. It is simple and easy to use. Pertinent information is at your fingertips; you don't have to hunt for medications or PMH. Notes can be short and precise; there is no extraneous trash.

Pros

ease of use

Cons

cannot delete erroneous charts

Easy to use from day 1.

Pros

Easy flow of information. Easy to train others in it. New lab features for trending has made it more useful.

Cons

Needs more automation with voice dictation and a larger template library that includes all specialties.

Best of Many EHR's I've Used

Practice Fusion allowed me to create my own templates for how I wanted to do evaluations or follow-up notes. With carefully written templates it was easy to gather lots of the info. that I needed with a minimum of typing. It was very easy to look up old notes, or labs, or insurance info., etc. It also allowed for documents (e.g., an EKG or a patient rating scale or survey) to be scanned in & attached to the visit note. Very few "snags" encountered. I would have like it if every note did not have to be in the "SOAP" format but there was not an option that fit the "layout" for how I do initial evaluations.

Pros

Very easy to use, and to design or shape to your liking to minimize typing the actual record.

Cons

Would have liked a non-SOAP format for some documents (e.g., an initial evaluation). Blocks for typing scripts could use room for a few more characters.

excellent

Pros

easy to use,easy to set up, lab integration, imaging center integration, meaningful use, excellent customer service.

Cons

there is no fax integration. can not be customized by the enduser(only some), multiple steps to print.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.