Practice Mate Logo

Practice management software for healthcare organizations

Practice Mate Reviews - Page 2

iK

ilene K.

Insurance, 11-50 employees

18+ year user and still loving it

As the heading states, I am a user for 18+ years. I have grown with the improvements of Practice Mate. They have been a consistently great company. The only people I have seen or heard complain are those that tend to complain no matter what. Whereas I can see the value of a good product and respect the fact that technology has its ups and downs all around.

Pros

Office Ally's Practice Mate is comprised of professionals that care about the end user, the medical professional and billing staff. They constantly evaluate its effectiveness and aim towards complete satisfaction. It is a cost effective way to submit claims, obtain claims status and reconcile accounts for the small medical practices that I work with. Customer service assistance utilizes remote access to better understand questions and concerns.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints or cons. It would be a typical issue that any product could have, occasional slow server, down for system maintenance, etc. Nothing that is disruptive to my workflow. I use it for a solid 40 hours per week, if not more.

Thank you Ilene for the complimentary review. I am very glad that you are enjoying the product. I would be very interested in hearing more about (and possibly highlighting) your experience. If you are interested, please reach out to me.

CM

Cheryl M.

Very Pleased!

My overall experience is absolutely wonderful.

Pros

The ease of use on a daily bases is very important especially with a busy schedule. Practice Mate is extremely easy to learn, to use and navigate. I personally love using Practice Mate.

Cons

When sending out statements, I wish that the prior payments applied would also be on the statement because a lot of patients want to know why the payment that they made prior is not listed on the statement.

Thank you Cheryl for the complimentary review. I am very glad that you are enjoying the product. I would be very interested in hearing more about (and possibly highlighting) your experience further. If you are interested, please reach out to us.

MS

Maya S.

The Practice Mate

It is easy to use though some feature need upgrading/updating

Pros

The Practice is easy to use and set up with systematic steps. the software does need some upgrading. The main upgrade any changes made to the information should update information in Patient Appt schedule, patient visit and claims. Thins does not happen and one has to go to each tab manually and update on each form.

Cons

When you are working on a patient it switched the screen back rather than let you stay on the same patient until you are done with all the work you need to do. The other feature that does not work is when insurance payers retract the monies it is difficult to post the shortfall in an easy and systematic way.

Thank you for the complimentary review. We am very glad that you are enjoying the product. We would like to highlight a few of our customers whose usage of Office Ally products have positively impacted their healthcare practice. We plan to create one or more case studies or testimonials that can be publicly accessible on our website. If you are willing to talk to us about your experience and be considered for highlight, visit https://share.hsforms.com/1p2G3uhOLRIifEl31I6kpQwdj9wf to complete an online form. I will then get in touch to schedule a suitable time for a phone discussion.

CP

Connie P.

My Seven Year Affair with Office Ally and Practice Mate

Pros

This program is easy to use. I consider myself a ludite and yet I was able to figure out how to use Practice Mate with only one tutorial. I am sure I do not utilize all of the features available to me but they are there if I hit a snag with my practice. Plus the technical team is available and responsive without going through a long phone menu or wait. They are also fast and efficient with claim submission. Always grateful for that!

Cons

I used OA and Practice Mate at a couple of clinics before I started my own practice so was already familiar with it. That was back when it was free to providers. Ahem!It pretty well defined how I was going to set up booking and billing for my practice and was my first choice of all the programs I had had to learn during the course of my 25 year career. I wasn't surprised when they began to charge and feel it is a reasonable fee considering I can input for 15 minutes at the end of my day and leave all the rest to them. I truly do not have anything negative to say about PM.

Thank you for the complimentary review. I am very glad that you are enjoying the product. I would be very interested in hearing more about (and possibly highlighting) your experience further. If you are interested, please reach out to me.

ES

Elizabeth S.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

Most serious thing to consider when starting with Office Ally/Practice Mate as a Mental Health Professional

Pros

I've used Office Ally for over 10 years, and in the early years it has worked very well for me, however, if I knew what I know about Office Ally now, I would not have started using it.

Cons

In the last several years, there have been more mistakes made by practice mate, claims that appear to have been submitted that were not. Fortunately, the Office Ally Tech support is usually very helpful when I call them, although in this case of some claims not going through, that issue has still not been resolved. The biggest issue however, that I would urge users of Practice Mate to consider, is...

JS

Julie S.

Perfect Practice Management for small private practices

I depend on Practice Mate and talk with new clinicians starting their own private practices about using it. It is easy to use and dependable. I like that I can call or email customer support and they get back to me.

Pros

I've been a user of Practice Mate since 2007 and have never felt a need to explore other services. It gives me just what I need, scheduling, electronic claims submission, and allocating payments from patients and insurance companies so I can keep my finances straight. I have access to all this for no (or occasionally minimal) additional cost.

Cons

After 16 years the interface could use an update. But it still works and at least I haven't had to learn a new interface. I have not appreciated how they partnered with payment systems and then pressured me into buying the then-current system, but this has not been an issue for the last year or so.

Thank you for the complimentary review. I am very glad that you are enjoying the product. I would be very interested in hearing more about (and possibly highlighting) your experience further. If you are interested, please reach out to us.

KL

Kathy L.

Pros and Cons of using Practice Mate

I really appreciate the customer service experience! I get questions answered or assistance when needed without having to go through a lot of automated prompts! There is nothing like being able to talk to another human being to help solve whatever problem I may be having!!

Pros

Prior to 2020, I found all of the features to be very beneficial to my practice. Since the retirement of my office manager and the onset of COVID, I now have a third-party company that handles insurance verification, billing, and payment for me, which allows me more time for patient care.

Cons

Many times, when patients are completing the new patient paperwork through Patient Ally, they are not able to complete the HIPAA Compliant form. I'm told there is a glitch in the system that IT is working on, but to date, it hasn't been corrected. This means I have to send that particular form to the patient for signature and then add it to their file, which is not convenient.

Thank you Kathy for the complimentary review. I am very glad that you are enjoying the product. I would be very interested in hearing more about (and possibly highlighting) your experience further. If you are interested, please reach out to us.

GG

Gabrielle G.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Practice Mate is Great!

Excellent experience -no problems that I can think of -super affordable for providers.

Pros

Work flow makes sense, easy to pull up and filter specific information on demand. Super easy adding a new patient and CPT/ICD10 base template awesome! Fast and easy to create and submit claims. ERAs awesome for payment posting. Interface with Office Ally clearinghouse is seamless and never fails me. Easy to add new rendering providers, billing providers, facilities, payors, etc. OA/PM customer service is awesome; timely and dependable -and they always face my issue head on, then fix it.

Cons

Some of the canned reports don't seem to work. I would like to be able to create/tailor reports to my liking, i.e. pull up exactly what data I want, and/or to be able to run whatever my providers want, with the details they want/need.

JT

Jorn T J.

Medical Practice, self-employed

Practice Mate for the solo practic

Great access from any internet connected device. Cost effective office management going on 15 years.

Pros

The scheduling and billing/bookkeeping in one enabled me to split from a sublease and start solo practice with confidence 15 years ago. I came from downloaded software to accessible web-based management system.

Cons

Import of CSV file went well. Some of the pages can be improved to compliment the workflow. Put save buttons everywhere so I don't have to scroll to the bottom every time. Date entry (DOB, injury date etc.) is inconsistent. The cursor automatically advances from month to date but often needs a Tab to go to year. Put another Superbill button all the way up under the charges. Any editing requires a full scroll to the bottom to find it.

MM

Mona M.

Using Practice Mate

Good experience.

Pros

It's easy to use and has a lot of features that other software companies bill for as modules making your monthly cost higher than it needs to be. Easier to set up the ERA's and it's a great clearinghouse if that's all you need.

Cons

I honestly don't know what to say here.

SN

Scott N.

Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees

Long Term Office Ally Practice Mate User

Bottom line for my billing company is the overhead to use Practice Mate is very fair priced. Productivity is the best EHR/Billing platform for less time managing daily task.

Pros

Streamlining daily visits and claims created is fast and easy with patient visit templates for repeat patients where coding is the same procedure each visit. Accounting & entering payments with the ability to be able to easily adjust and delete payments is very fast and not frustrating.

Cons

Entering payments manually can be confusing with added steps to choose payment to, payment from, payment method. The older version was a lot easier to add payments as it was more simplified. But some of my staff love the new version of adding payments. It's a preference of the individual user.

PH

Patrick H.

Medical Practice, self-employed

Essential for Electronic Medical Billing

I honestly love it! I couldn't run my business without it!

Pros

The ease of use for electronic medical billing is my favorite thing about Office Ally Practice Mate. I am able to do an entire weeks worth of medical billing in only a few minutes. Plus, adding new patients or updating existing patient charts is simple and easy.

Cons

The only thing I would change is that after you create a claim, instead of returning to the current day's calendar, I wish you could return to the date you of the claim you just created. This would be nice because I usually do all my billing at the end of the week and go from day to day. This isn't really a huge problem, it just takes my a few seconds more. Kind of a ticky-tacky complaint really.

TD

Tuan D.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Office Ally. Practice Mate.

I like it a lot. It's relatively inexpensive. If they increase the price, I may look at other systems. So, for the functionality I need, it's good enough.

Pros

Inexpensive. Can use both for scheduling and billing/claim. Internet base. Easy to use.

Cons

Many small details and features difficult for me to explain. Example: Schedule change does not document who changes it, when, to where/when. Prescription part has a lot of features that seem very poorly designed. Appointment slots are too rigid with either 15 min or 30 min, etc. Not dynamic. Many others.

Thank you for the review. I would be very interested in hearing more about (and possibly highlighting) your experience further. If you are interested, please reach out to us.

KL

Kristen L.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Avoid this product

Regrettable.

Pros

Offers useful functions for accounting, billing, etc. if you don't plan to use the patient portal.

Cons

Their patient portal, Patient Ally, is AWFUL and I don't recommend it. Be prepared to deal with lots of bugs and customer service that just gives you the run around. The Upcoming Appointments feature of the portal does not work at all anymore. We've called several times to fix it over the last 6 months, and they just say "We are working on it" and refuse to give an estimated time to fix it. When...

CM

Carrie M.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

Use of Practice Mate for Electronic Billing in a clinical psychology private practice.

Excellent. No complaints. Highly recommend.

Pros

Customer service is exceptional at trouble shooting claims that fail to process for remittance. Professionalism, knowledge and competence of office ally staff.

Cons

It is impossible to ascertain why claims are not accepted by payors and always requires time to contact an office ally service representatives to understand why and how behavioral healthcarecompanies have changed the information they want submitted on claims- however it is farpreferable to speak to office ally representatives than to try and get information from the behavioralhealth companies who routinely give misinformation or are unable to troubleshoot.

JW

Josh W.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Practice Mate works great in my office

Practice Mate keeps my office organized, it is easy to use from my work computer or my cell phone, and the customer service is top notch!

Pros

Practice Mate covers all of my needs for my chiropractic office. It takes time to train employees in on it, like any other product, but it's very easy to use once you get the hang of it.

Cons

I have appointment times that are 15 minutes and also 30 minutes, but I'm only able to pick one time slot for all of my appointments. I use the 15 minute slot and have to remember not to schedule people immediately after a 30 minute slot, since the reminder only uses a 15 minute slot. Otherwise, I have no problems with Practice Mate.

Thank you Josh for the complimentary review. I am very glad that you are enjoying the product. I would be very interested in hearing more about (and possibly highlighting) your experience further. If you are interested, please reach out to us.

RV

Roberta V.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

Great system for my needs!

Pros

The billing and claim processing features are easy to use and what I need the most. As an older adult, I am not very "tech savvy" and once I learned the system, have found Practice Mate very easy to use to maintain the administrative needs for my practice.

Cons

I wish that more insurance providers that I utilize were affiliated with PracticeMate.

Thank you Regina for the complimentary review. I am very glad that you are enjoying the product. I would be very interested in hearing more about (and possibly highlighting) your experience further. If you are interested, please reach out to us.

JM

Jessica M.

Great low cost software

overall I have a good experience using this software mostly for clearing house and billing purposes.

Pros

I like that this is a web based program and not a server software your computer has to harbor. Its low in cost in comparison to other clearhouses.

Cons

patient inability to schedule online is not great, and it takes a lot of clicks to do simple tasks.

Shandella F.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

Big Fan of PM

Pros

I love the easiness of use of PM. The video library for self-tutorials and then being able to schedule a one-on-one walk-through with a tech. The chat function with either a tech or customer service when there is a question for a kicked-back claim or an issue with the system, is fantastic.

Cons

I really wish that PM would connect with the testing sites so that you could import the online graded tests into the system. Currently you/we can upload the information as a document into the patients' file.

jn

josef n.

Value and Ease

Ease, reliability and a strong commitment to better the technology.

Pros

Although it began as free, it has maintained a very low monthly fee relative to usage. It is the best and most user-friendly program of its kind - ever. It is a shining light in a world where software companies seek advantage over end users. Practice Mate/Ally has always been fair to its users - not only fair but generous.

Cons

You will get no criticism from me - a total fan of the product.

SC

Sik Chi C.

Acupuncturist

Easy to retrieve the recent billings I sent out earlier. I don't need to retype the patient records again once the new patient record is set up.

Pros

It is convenient, user-friendly, free and easy to learn billing system. Ever since I use Practice Mate, I don't even need to mail or buy 1500 Form most of the time. It saves my lots of postage as well as money to buy the 1500 Forms.

Cons

Fee if not careful. Non par > par in ratio.Can't retrieve all billing records especially long time ago.

Thank you Sik Chi for the complimentary review. I am very glad that you are enjoying the product. I would be very interested in hearing more about (and possibly highlighting) your experience further. If you are interested, please reach out to us.

DB

Diane B.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

Would never use another billing service

I learned gradually, and do individual tutoring, which got me started. Gradually, I do all functions from scheduling to claims production, and account management with statements. I would have way more overhead if I could not have learned of this program.

Pros

I've been using Practice Mate since 2009, and can't imagine using a billing service for my lone provider billing needs.

Cons

It has gotten really big, and I'm not sure it would be easy to learn all features. I joined when it was still small, and felt managable. I stopped looking for answers in the users manual because it is so big and detailed I get lost in the terminology. So, I just fill out a help ticket, and wait for the answer.

Thank you Diane for the complimentary review. I am very glad that you are enjoying the product. I would be very interested in hearing more about (and possibly highlighting) your experience further. If you are interested, please reach out to us.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Easy Clearinghouse

Makes sending claims and getting reimbursements very easy and effective.

Pros

I use Practice Mate as a clearing house for my medical billing. It is easy to set up patient files, submit claims, and reconcile payments.

Cons

I wish there was a notification of missing payments after a certain amount of time, like 60 days.

KO

Kathy O.

Love Practice Mate

Pros

I love how user friendly it is. Our schedule is color coordinated which makes it so easy for staff.

Cons

I don't like that we can't customize accounting reports. We currently run a few reports every month to get the numbers we need for inventory.

Thank you Kathy for the complimentary review. I am very glad that you are enjoying the product. I would be very interested in hearing more about (and possibly highlighting) your experience. If you are interested, please reach out to me.

TB

Tory B.

Practice Mate Review

Using Practice Mate is an integral part if my business running smoothly!

Pros

Helps keep important information organized and is easy and simple to use.

Cons

Lots of clicks to get simple tasks completed