Praxis EMR Logo

EMR software powered with artificial intelligence

Praxis EMR Reviews - Page 4

DK

Daryoush K.

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Solution for Clinical and Organizational Compliance and Excellent Service Delivery

I recommend Praxis EMR to any practice looking for a solution that can be customized to fit your practice and the way you want to work - not dictated by preset templates.

Pros

We were searching for an adaptable system that could be tailored to our practice and our procedures. Praxis EMR has proven to be that system. We were able to create Practice Advisories which target every aspect of Clinical Measures we wish to track.

Cons

It would be great if the system could know what I am thinking - it almost feels like it does already. I simply wish we had found Praxis EMR sooner.

KE

Kevin E.

Praxis is a Godsend!

Pros

Significantly reduces daily charting time. The development team is not only interested in feedback for improvement, they SEEK IT OUT! The implementation takes a little time, but pays for itself in a few weeks to months - notes ONLY get BETTER over time.

Cons

Truly no negatives - anything that is potentially negative is offset by the ease of use day-to-day. Charting takes time with any system - Praxis drastically minimizes that time.

KS

Kevin S.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

The super electronic medical record system: PRAXIS

Pros

Very efficient, it’s ability to adapt to different styles of practice

Cons

Once Praxis is set up and in use, you can further expand its use. Expansion of its use is limited by one’s imagination. This may take some time however doable since you have support from Praxis trainers.

RS

Robert S.

I have used Praxis for over 20 years

Having been one of the earliest users I have seen the product adapt to changes in requirements of the industry without losing its unique functionality.

Pros

Praxis keeps chart notes as I wrote them, not as cut and paste entries. Each note is different and unique.

Cons

Ability to communicate with other systems is limited

EG

Edward G.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Very versatile and user friendly software

Allows me to practice the way I want too

Pros

Eliminates the hassles of documentation. I can document a new patient encounter in under 30 seconds. I don't have to keep n changing screens. Can set up my PA and ARNP to practice the way I do.

Cons

seamless integration with our billing software. They are working on a patient kiosk to help eliminate paper. Can use instant medical history to help patients do H&P. Hopefully, one-day EMR's will have all options combined.

The Praxis Portal is here!

RC

Robert C.

Medical Practice,

PRAXIS IS EXCELLENT!

Pros

The evolution of PRAXIS is physician directed and this is the key point. This is why PRAXIS “Kicks Ass” (please excuse the vulgarity) on all physician EMR surveys. The program has a Conceptual processor (not templates) which is extremely flexible, quick and this makes PRAXIS unique when compared to all other EMR’s. Having used templates before, templates are an easy start but as the data is placed in the template EMR it becomes cumbersome, slower and more difficult to use. PRAXIS self learns your practice patterns and improves with time. After 15 years of using PRAXIS I still make daily micro improvements to my knowledge base as medicine changes.

Cons

To find the ideal EMR is like looking for the Holy Grail you will never find it! There is no perfect EMR and they all have some problems and I have looked at many.

OH

Omar H.

Praxis EMR

Pros

Its ease of use, machine learning, no inaccurate boilerplate templates, its reasonable cost, its organized processes for onboarding, and the amazing and responsive and personable customer service.

Cons

The facts that I didn't find it sooner and that I didn't implement it sooner.

LB

Laura B.

Amazing EMR

Exceptional EMR and is always very easy to navigate

Pros

It’s very user friendly and support is available at any moment with a live chat

Cons

There is nothing I can say that I don’t like

GB

Gabriel B.

Great EMR

Great experience. I have zero regrets. It keeps getting better and better. The Praxis team is a joy to work with, from the top down.

Pros

This is the most intelligent EMR out there. It learns from you as you go and your charting becomes faster over time. After a few months, I am also thrilled that it is beginning to help me practice higher quality medicine.

Cons

The only drawback to this software is the time you MUST invest time in it upfront. If you are looking for an EMR that comes ready out-of-the-box with pre-formed templates, this isn't it. The training and implementation teams are amazing to work with, but you have to spend the recommended time with your trainer in order to maximize this program. You reap what you sow with this one. If you are willing to spend the time up front, it's great.

PA

Phil A.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Praxis EMR is an excellent choice for small practices

Pros

The software is very intuitive and easy to use, such that when you bring on new staff, they are able begin using it productively almost immediately. The charting format is highly customizable and flexible.

Cons

Previous versions of this software in years past have been slow, but this is no longer a problem. The current version produces speedy documentation without any lagging.

DZ

David Z.

Praxis review

My experience with the use of Praxis has been excellent. The support staff has been excellent. In addition, I have had needed support on a weekend, and this is available. Other systems that I have used does not have this level of support.

Pros

I have used multiple types of electronic medical record programs. There is no question that praxis is superior to the many that I have tried. It is intuitive and helps in efficient documentation. This allows for greater time to be spent with a patient instead of spending so much time on a computer.

Cons

I do not have any complaints at this time.

NA

Nilvio A.

Medical Practice, 1,001-5,000 employees

Do your medicine your way with Praxis.

I have been using Infor-med Praxis EMR since 1990 because it was not template based, and Medicine being an art, has a nuances of personalily in the way you document your work which is not possible wih templates. The learning curve was no easy because the Concept Procesor was something I never heard off. After a couple of weeks i began to imput cases with amazing expediency and precision. One thing...

Pros

Always up to date with regulations. Hence you get paid faster and get no records returned for corrections. The 3 concomittant clocks (Arrival to Office), Time spent in the examining room for the doctor and theime spent with the doctor allowes you too fix and change the flow of patients in the office. Crystaline clear documentation that protects you in case of malpractice. Faster and more patient flow since you can interact with the patient and not only a screen and keyboad. Pts. hate that impersonal interaccion. Several integrated complementary subsystems that do not permite you to miss the input

Cons

Learning curve can be reduced by having the staff impunt the statistics while the system is set up so you can begin imputing patients since day one.

VS

Vishal S.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Five stars for Praxis

Pros

We love the latest version of Praxis with clean interface and a whole list of incredible features to make a clinician's day of charting a breeze.

Cons

Praxis needs understanding of your own practice and charting patterns which makes it so awesome but that also means introspection and spending time analyzing your own thought processes as well; but more you do it better and faster it gets which is not really a downside but a great strength.

RP

Raymond P.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

EHR review

Pros

Integration with Open Practice Solutions

Cons

Haven’t found anything at this point it is easy from the billing perspective.

DM

Darya M.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Praxis EMR Review

Pros

It's a great EMR program and very user-friendly

Cons

No cons, everything is great. All of us love using Praxis

DK

Donald K.

Used other for 2+ years

Actually fun to use

I have used two other EMR systems and they were frustrating at best; dangerous for the patient at worst.

Pros

This EMR was obviously designed by a physician. There is no mindless clicking. The system works like a doctor thinks and not like the billing department''s mentality. The medical memory produces most of the necessary note. The system also remembers the individual patient's individual exam so I don't have to re-create chronic findings for each visit. I use Praxis seamlessly with Dragon naturally speaking. Support for the EMR has been magnificent with them taking over fixing any problems in the background while I continue to see patients.

Cons

No significant cons for Praxis EMR. I am eagerly awaiting their next conversion and to see what they have added.

ss

shubir s.

Praxis is a great EMR

Pros

I am a cardiologist and have been using Praxis since the fall of 2017. It works really well, there is no cutting or pasting, it learns from your style of charting and becomes faster as you use it. It is easy to use. My typing skills are not so fast and it works really well with Dragon speech software. We have not had any significant down time without Praxis in the office.

Cons

Nothing so far, will post if anything comes up. Their support team is very quick to respond and easy to reach.

Michael S.

Best software I have seen/used

It has helped me adequately document the services I provide patients. I can see important history and events for my patients without wading through a thick chart.

Pros

Most versatile. Can customize it to any type of practice. Can use cloud or local server. Easy to learn and set up.

Cons

It can't do my taxes! It can't read my mind. It isn't freeware. It still requires computer knowledge.

AN

Amie N.

Praxis EMR - Pain Management Use

Pros

Easy Navigation - our provider did not purchase X-Link so we had to manually enter all data, even with that it was very user friendly and not as big of a hassle as we originally thought. Easy Implementation - it is so user friendly that it was easy to jump right in and start using for our practice, made daily operations so much easier! Learns you as you use it, which makes our providers job easier when it comes to seeing patients and dictating charts

Cons

Have not found any as of today, even with having to manually enter patients and set up the schedule for upcoming months it was a simpler transition than we thought

TJ

Todd J.

Praxis is terrific

Customer service has been terrific, always available, very responsive.

Pros

I love having an EMR that is customizable with no boxes to check or standard templates. If an insurer changes coverage rules, I can easily go in to my database and make notes so I don't get denied again.

Cons

Nothing so far, it has exceeded my expectations

CR

Clayton R.

Medical Practice,

I have used it in clinical practice since its inception.

Pros

It is a complete EHR that produces SOAP notes rapidly, using the non-template concept processor. It stores information in a relational database, so all results are accessible to the SQL query process. That, combined with its extensive set of practice advisories, allows the program to conform with Medicare's Meaningful Use requirements. It has a query builder, so I can build my own queries but it also...

Cons

There is not much to dislike about this program. It has been on the market for 20 years. Its development has kept up with all the requirements for a user-friendly EMR that is highly adaptable to different types of practices.

WA

William A.

ENT/Facial plastic practice

We are saving time and money by using Praxis and a billing software. I started using Praxis 17 years ago. I changed practice locations and had to use a different EMR software. I'm glad to be back using Praxis. We are also spending 70% less per month on our combined EMR/billing software.

Pros

I like the ability to continuously improve the records. I am able to associate or link procedure notes with office visits. The ease of use and charting speed improves with time.

Cons

I am looking forward to new scheduling software implementation.

BW

Barbara W.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Praxis the one and only!!!

Fantastic!!!

Pros

It is easy for our providers to use. Our trainer is excellent to work with!!!

Cons

There was not a thing that we like the least.

AS

Amber S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Patient record managment

Pros

Easy to enter patient information. Coordinates with Open PM software that we were already using.

Cons

Everything has been great! Staff always answers questions in a timely manner. Training sessions are extremely easy to schedule.

EG

Edward G.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Once fully customized able to see patients with minimal charting effort

Pros

It allows me to work on the fly, not dependent on templates and rigid confines. very versaversetile product, very stable good customer service

Cons

I hate charting in general. i think this government guidelines are stupid and can't believe as doctors we have aloud this. Praxis helps