ProtonPACS Logo

Picture archiving and communication system solution

ProtonPACS Reviews

Suggested alternatives

tempo-1
nova-ris
ultralinq

I give the same superior marks to their support team who have been outstanding, not only technically but interpersonally having had two other PACS vendors since 2006 that DID NOT meet my mark.
Our physicians have been ecstatic about the rich set of features that Inteleviewer has.
Our experience with Proton PACS has been great since we switched from another major PACS vendor last year. Their training and implementation staff was awesome.
The only issue I have with ProtonPACS is that it is difficult to search for a patient if you don't have an MRN and unsure of the spelling of patient name.
Our previous system was slow and had problems always coming up. ProtonPACS was able to customize our system from the beginning and ongoing as we found problems.

Sara B.

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Excellent PACS System

The software, the viewer, and the overall technical support are all fantastic. Radsource and ProtonPACS have been nothing but helpful in regards to our account. We have had a few hiccups with network connections and server change-overs, but nothing that wasn't quickly remedied.

Pros

This software is easy to use and easy to train others on. I have provided access to all necessary employees, as well as outside providers. They all easily navigate the system and its various functions with very little support needed later. The software has decent response times with an exception to larger imaging studies or those that have been taken offline due to age.

Cons

The multiple versions of software can get confusing when you have a lot of workstations to continually check. My staff will often do an upgrade because the system sent them a pop-up, but that version may not be compatible with our entire system. It's an easy fix, as I just have to uninstall and reinstall the viewer. The PACS system itself does not give us many problems. The occasional freezing or delay in loading will happen, but that is something I expect with almost any network-PACS interface.

mb

mark b.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

ProtonPACS is fast and awesome

Pros

It is fast and easy to use with a lot of versatility.

Cons

Having to call for service. I don't need to very often, but someone is not always available.

PN

Paige N.

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

ProtonPacs Review

Pros

The toolbar at the top of the screen is very helpful for physicians when they are navigating between two images.

Cons

I feel like burning images to a CD could be easier than all the steps it takes.

GR

Glenn R.

Proton PACS

Fully summarized in the Pros section I believe

Pros

We deployed and went live with Proton PACS in April 2014. The implementation phase of moving all our data had begun in January. All the planning had made this process completely seamless. Part of that process included building the HL7 channels for modality worklist for 5 modalities (DR,CT,DEXA,US,MRI) This was a multifaceted process where after we deployed, streamlined not only our (radiology) daily...

Cons

None honestly please read the Pros carefully

LT

Laura T.

Medical Practice, 201-500 employees

I Recommend ProtonPACS

Pros

The company sent representatives to train us on the software prior to using it the first day which was very easy to understand and had everything we wanted and needed from the beginning of a patient experience to the very end. I am able to locate images and reports quickly which is paramount in an outpatient facility. Also any time we need to communicate with ProtonPacs, the customer service on the other end of the phone are courteous and knowledgeable of our issue. This software saves so much time and manpower putting our patient reports directly to their charts, a huge benefit.

Cons

The software has every tool you would ever need and more so after 4 years I am still not as proficient as I want to be, I am finding tools I have never seen nor thought I would need.

WB

William B.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Extremely Pleased with ProtonPACS

Everyone I know who uses ProtonPACS is extremely pleased. It is much better than the other PACS that I have used. The speech recognition is absolutely the best. Customer service, both during the day and after hours, is excellent. Radsource is a strong and high quality company and we are proud to be one of their clients. William J. Bufkin, M.D. Mt. San Rafael Hospital Trinidad, Colorado

Pros

Very easy to use. Works like you would expect a good PACS system to work.

Cons

Would be nice if previous similar examinations were automatically retrieved.

Hi Dr. Bufkin, Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to our continued partnership. - The ProtonPACS Team at Radsource

GP

Gary P.

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

ProtonPacs is Great!

Great versatility and mobility. I can send reports to a physician or a physician can see images and the reports right on the sidelines or at their home for STAT cases. Very easy to add user access as needed.

Pros

ProtonPacs offers easy, quick access to all imaging studies and reports from anywhere. The image viewer has a very complete set of tools to manipulate images. I can send reports to physicians and nurse with just a couple of clicks....and I can do all of this on my phone.

Cons

It could use a little more attention to personalized settings so that upon logging in it, it would take a physician directly to his patient's studies.

NB

Noah B.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

PACs ReView

Pros

The IT support and communication with problems is absolutely superb! Any products we use here in my office all depends on the support we get from the company and how quickly issues can get resolved. That makes our patient flow so much better and easier here at the office! Radsource is incredible in this regard!

Cons

I believe that this product should be able to make patients have individual access to their imaging directly through a link via email. The link should have an individual username and password, that makes it where they can directly see their imaging. This would make continuation of care with other providers or second opinions easier on the patients and healthcare providers. This would also help eliminate duplicate imaging especially if doctor referrals are for out of state. It would also eliminate disk burning, breakage, ect.

SC

Sandy C.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Proton PACS is an easy to use, economical option !

Our experience with Proton PACS has been great since we switched from another major PACS vendor last year. Their training and implementation staff was awesome! It is easy to use and economical.

Pros

Proton PACS is very user friendly, and easy to use. It is easy to train new employees on. All of the functions are easily accessible. It is quick and easy to upload outside studies via Proton Express.

Cons

We did have one provider that likes to be able to draw, annotate on images. We do not have that capability with Proton PACS, but easily found an external program (free) that is usable. In the meantime, Proton has added that feature to our wish list for future upgrades.

MR

Megan R.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Great easy software to use and everything is in one place!

Pros

I liked that everything I need is in one place! I'm not having to switch to many different systems or software to accomplish what is needed for each of my patients. Its easy to learn and navigate and customer service has always been very helpful when needed!

Cons

The thing I liked least about it was that we found out there are different levels of logins for individuals. So if I log on with mine that areas I am able to access are different than someone that has a different level of access. It is only on few occasions that this has confused us when myself and a co-worker might be working on something together.

MK

Matt K.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Radsource ProtonPACS review

Pros

ProtonPACS has been an easy to use systems that our staff has enjoyed. It has offered speed increases over our previous PACS and has allowed easier access to advanced functions not available in our previous system. Administration functions such as adding new users and setting up remote viewing using the ProtonPortal has been painless. The included offsite backups of our ProtonPACS system has been an cost savings for us.

Cons

Not necessarily a con, but our particular ProtonPACS install required quite a bit of customization to get right. As an IDTF with a separate reading group that did not want to view or dictate using the default Proton tools, Radsource had to create multiple connections with other services to integrate with the reading group. That being said, the team at Radsource had everything working without issue on our go live date.

RP

Robert P.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Medical imaging

It is easy for me as a Tech to enter patients info. It is limited on characters 250. I would like to see more room for extended Hx input.

Pros

Easy to navigate, Overall Screen appearance it decent.

Cons

When i pull up a patient to modify a study( Patient Hx) once i enter the Hx and click modify, it closes out to that study. I have to re-enter the patients MRN# in order to access all accession ordered for that patient in Pacs.

TS

Tina S.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Dependable System

Pros

ProtonPACS is a dependable system with great customer service.

BF

Bob F.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Proton PACS is the right solution!

As advertised. Quick to respond and easy to work with!

Pros

This is the only system that I have found that works well with my devices. I love the fact that I have access to quality images and the reports right in my hand!

Cons

I really haven't found much to complain about. I love this solution!

Jeff M.

Medical Practice, 201-500 employees

ProtonPACS ease of use and support are A+

Ease of adding modalities and support available for everyday or customized needs are available.

Pros

Easy to use for staff and physicians with minimal training.

Cons

To date, ProtonPACS has met all of our needs.

KJ

Kevin J.

Riverpark ProtonPACS Review

Pros

User friendly interface. Reliable and efficient workflow.

Cons

Better ability to send images and studies electronically to other facilities.

PS

Patricia S.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Rounding the corner to 2 years

Pros

Very intuitive, integrated with voice recognition software, reliable referring physician portal, fast downloads, can read from anywhere I have internet

Cons

The template matching is less than desirable, still struggling which impacts efficiency.

CH

Chris H.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

New product purchase and transition

Works well for our practice

Pros

Features were what we needed for our practice. Easy transition

Cons

Integrating into our EMR system has been a little challenging