Compulink Healthcare Solutions Reviews

4.0

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend7.92/10

Reviews by rating

I liked the ability to create my own layouts and favorite encouters to be more efficient. Also like the feature where I can just duplicate previous notes and diagnosis.
I felt I received great personal attention from helpful trainers. Having an implementation coordinator is helpful to keep me on track during the entire process.
I believe it to be as good as any competitor for a fraction of the cost. It is generally pretty self explanatory and user friendly.
It is even more frustrating when there is no solution to an error and you have to wait for a fix and put up with the errors until the fix comes out.
The SQL search function is difficult to use. Sometimes we have had troubles with the stability of the software - sometimes it crashes and you have to restart it.
The billing program has to be checked and often rebilled for missing claims. The drop down lists are not optometry specific and can be very tedious to find the right listing.

jb

josh b.

Medical Devices, self-employed

A very good product

My overall experience with Compulink has been great. I chose them when i set up my business because of my experience with them from the practice i was in that was closing. I have been using Compulink for 15+ years and its been a really great system.

Pros

The software is very easy and intuitive to pick up and start using. The interface is clear and simple and allows you to work and get done what you need with no distractions.

Cons

The cost of the support contracts seems high. I don't have much need for support but when i have they are very helpful. I was told i could use the software and then pay for support as needed. We set it up but later got a call saying that it was not true and i would still need to pay monthly.

JS

Joseph S.

Compulink Advantage Ophthalmic Software

Software has been very stable and reliable. Has improved over the years. Management has been stable. Price increases have been reasonable and not frequent

Pros

The company was and still is run by the head programmer

Cons

Sometimes the default layouts and information are too general- slanged towards its origins in optometry

KK

Keren K.

Review of Compulink's Eyecare Advantage

I have recommended Compulink's Eyecare Advantage for years. In the late 90's, when we decided to go to a Window's based program for our practice, I thoroughly investigated all the software programs for optometry. At that time there were five being marketed. Compulink's Eyecare Advantage was heads above the rest in the ease of use, included features, available options, and value for the money. ...

Pros

Ease of sending and posting electronic claims. Most electronic remittances can post automatically, saving staff time. Ease of checking electronically on unpaid claims. User friendliness of software. Integration with Frames Data. Built in help to achieve Meaningful Use.

RF

Ryan F.

Compulink Eyecare Advantage

Pros

In general the product is easy to use. If you are unsure of what to do or where to go in the software, the Help feature allows you the ability to look up key words to get the answer. Their support team is also great to work with. The ability to customize screens and the VSP integration are huge positives for our office too.

Cons

Updates to fix certain bugs often cause other areas of the software, that were working fine, to glitch. The ledger can be confusing and the receipt for the patient is hard to understand for staff and patients. The tables can be a little intimidating at first, but once you understand how they work, it becomes easier.

KC

Kara C.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Compulink is a great investment.

Pros

We had extremely simple integration from a custom program. Training was a breeze with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!! We're very happy with all aspects of our program.

Cons

we definitely need more specific reports for optical sales. Dispensing and sales reports for each team member would be beneficial.

SB

Shelly B.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Compulink EyeCare Advantage Review

We started using the EHR when it was federally mandated and have not looked back since. Overall, we are satisfied with Compulink Software.

Pros

I have used Compulink for over 12 years. I like the ease of use and the ability to customize the screens to fit my needs. Tech support is awesome at calling back and making appointments.

Cons

I feel the price I pay per month for software support is high. My team rarely calls for support so I don't feel like we receive our money's worth every month. Would like a feature to be able to double book on our schedule. Would be nice to have all the bug's worked out of new software updates prior to launching them. It seems like every time we get an update it messes up several things.

LC

Laurie C.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Compulink Review

Overall, experience is good.

Pros

The ease of navigation and training of the system.

Cons

We would like to build reports on the fly.

JS

Janet S.

Compulink Eyecare Advantage

It's a one stop solution. It serves as a product for patient communication as well as patient billing, insurance billing, eligibility and remittance. It also functions as electronic health records.

Pros

Ease of use for all levels of computer users.

Cons

Updates. There are always problems with large updates; however, they also get the problems corrected.

RW

RICHARD W.

A Day in the Trenches

We were one of their first customers in the late 80's. Several times we have looked at and reviewed other industry software and keep coming back to Compulink as the best for our situation. As with any software company, you wish the programmers would spend a week in our practice watching us use their product to understand the pitfalls and redundancies they have created that annoy on a daily basis.

Pros

Scalable and customizable. We have multiple offices and have the ability to schedule patients from anywhere to anywhere. There is a robust inventory control section that we use a lot. It is designed specifically for our profession that has lots of uniques facets and needs.

Cons

The web registration feature is cumbersome and not patient friendly. We finally had to go to another solution.

PA

Pamela A.

Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees

EHR

the reporting is awesome. I have been able to run a graph for every aspect of the business that my administrator asks for. There is so many reporting opportunities it is actually difficult to decide which report would work best sometimes.

Pros

posting information in the EHR is quite simple. We were able to design a few templates for unique information gathering. We have gotten help with the templates in a timely manner just as we would have for the compulink owned templates. The only issue is that they are little more difficult in correction if something has not laid out correctly in our own templates. sometimes will need to have a call back but always the representative did work as quickly as possible

Cons

I am uncomfortable with the form design as it is very technical.

JK

James K.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Overall Very Strong Product

We can better track sales and production and save time with patient online registration to maximize the patient history. The data in and out of Compulink to our refracting system ELIMINATES transcription errors for spectacle prescriptions.

Pros

The EMR is easy to use and integrates well with our pre-testing equipment and automated refracting data. Even the standard, non-customized EMR templates work very will with creating "data norms" to make charting very efficient. I am very pleased with the very detailed online patient registration and health history. It saves a TON of time and allows us to show a very detailed patient history if a record were ever audited by insurance.

Cons

The minutiae of adding spectacle lens products is complicated.

PT

Patty T.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

Changing over to Compulink's Advantage, Addiction has been a good decision. We now have the opportunity to provide significant reporting on the population we serve and deeper financial outcomes to be used for Quality Improvement.

Our switch from an electronic health record, specifically developed for primary care to Compulink's Advantage Addiction that provides documentation around behavioral health has been a good decision.There are few options available in this service field that is as flexible as Compulink. I look forward to more in-patient treatment facilities coming on board so that a consoritum of users can work together and provide additional support.

Pros

Advantage provides an immediate snapshot of a client for easy lookup and editing. Compulink's Coordinator and Trainer has been readily available to all staff to answer to the issues and any questions that come up, allowing for limited downtime or productivity. I am sure as we gain more experience, our utilization can only improve. I expect that Advantage will provide us with the necessary work process mandated by state statutes and optimal business practices.

Cons

I understand Gookomis Endaad may be the first in-patient treatment facility, which has been somewhat challenging to meet our basic needs. However, Compulink perseveres in modifying the product as we gain more experience. There are also some basic modifications that will be shared for consideration to process billing more efficiently. I would also recommend modifications to the training process. A better initial discussion regarding the implementation timelines in layman's terms would alleviate many of the pressures on the customers side, especially when there is limited IT support.

RM

Ronald M.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

A great product for those who want quality and are willing and able to learn

Over the past 23 years, Compulink has been a stable framework upon which our practice is built. The software allowed us to integrate medical records (including equipment interfaces), billing, insurance, correspondence, demographics, aspects of human resources and quality measures in one program. During those few times when we had a true emergent situation, Compulink support has always solved the problem quickly.

Pros

We began with Compulink in 1997 when it was in DOS form. Compulink has always been highly customizable, which is important to us. The software is capable of doing nearly anything you would like to do.

Cons

Compulink can be complicated for those who are not tech-savvy.

MS

Michael S.

Compulink Eyecare Advantage Software

EHR was a subject that seemed to be a hurtle no practice wanted to initiate. This mountain was reduced to a hill which my practice accomplished with their software.

Pros

The ease of use in a busy practice. The conversion of my previous data to Compulink. Great instruction of software online at times convenient to me.

Cons

There were not any dislikes since all of my boxes were checked

PD

Peggy D.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Robust in features and great customer support

We have had Compulink as our Practice Management software for over 5 years when we implemented an EHR system. The software is easy to use. Compulink has offered great support and timely response to every one of our requests. The staff is knowledgeable, professional and friendly. We are a large optometric practice with 4 locations and 7 doctors. For a practice as large as ours, Compulink has been able to handle all our requests. Compulink captured the data needed for successfully meeting the meaningful use requirements and offered very detailed assistance through their help manual, reports, and customer support staff.

Pros

Easy of use. Integration of insurances for billing. Time-saving capabilities within the exam module such as forwarding previous exam information, drop down menus and encounter favorites.

Cons

Reports: Although there are a myriad of reports, not all are helpful. Production reports are worthwhile but the Practice management/financial reports lack the ability to customize according to our practice needs. The queries are difficult to use and have limited capabilities. As an example, the most problematic is that we are unable to pull up a specific insurance and determine the exact number of patients with that insurance and the actual dollar amount collected by insurance and patients.

JC

John C.

Medical Practice,

Podiatry, outstanding EHR and billing software

Pros

Compulink Business Systems has supplied my practice with top-notch comprehensive EHR software since I changed software vendors in approximately 2012 with incorporation of ongoing patient EHR and billing software changes in the industry and have given me the opportunity to progress with the CMS stimulus and overall medical EHR and billing requirements in a relative seamless and successful ongoing progression...

Cons

Nothing, I like everything to date.

RA

Robb A.

Current User

Been able to customize to our practice needs.

Pros

Support and the way reports are able to be produced. Keeps our practice on target.

Cons

The number of clicks to the software in going from application.

SM

Shelbie M.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

Overall good product for a large agency, but not very easy to use and expensive for solo practice.

It was a good product for large agency and supervisor work. It was also good for highly detailed treatment plans and progress notes.

Pros

I liked the ability to be very detailed in treatment planning and progress notes if I needed. I also liked the 'load previous note' so that I only had to update changes from session to session and could write progress notes fairly quickly. Psych Advantage was also easy to use as a supervisor, as I could view interns notes for feedback.

Cons

Its complicated to use, as many of our therapists needed hours of training. We had many part time therapists and it seemed cumbersome for them to remember all the steps when they weren't using it every day. I also didn't like that there are so many individual tabs/pages for each client note. Going to private solo practice I decided to use another product, as psych advantage is more cumbersome and expensive than other EHR.

LK

Lowell K.

Compulink Eyecare

We've used this package since 2003; their team has stayed up-to-date with industry needs and requirements, the program is comprehensive; when we've had issues and problems their team has been quick to respond and usually satisfying with their solutions

Pros

it offers a lot of functionality and the different modules integrate well one with the other; there is a very active group of Compulink users that share ideas, solutions and seems to work well with Compulink.

Cons

little bugs and glitches here and there; icon design and layout (title bar icons not in the same place in different modules); there's a whole lot of functionality and complexity that our one-doctor rural office doesn't really need

KK

Kamran K.

Medical Devices, self-employed

So happy

The ease of use and inventory management system and being cloud based are the main reason I use Compulink. Being able to log into the cloud from anywhere has been fantastic. I can make appointments check sales data and view my schedule all from home or anywhere. Having all of the records securely saved in the Compulink Cloud has made the anxiety of backups and crashes disappear.

Pros

Getting up and running was breeze. The implementation team was knowledgeable and always quick to respond with answers to my many questions. Being cloud based is amazing and allows me to be almost anywhere.

Cons

All though the software is very easy to use it does more than a small one man office like mine will ever use. Some of the tables are huge and can be a little intimidating.

LB

Lisa B.

A Compulink user since 2013

Financial reports have good flexibility. We have one location but 3 businesses under one roof. We like to track many revenue streams and we are able to do this very well.

Pros

The support team is amazing!!!!!!!!! Physician schedules can be as intricate as you need. Images easily stored in the medical record. Financial reports have good flexibility.

Cons

The web registration is very unfriendly for patients and the practice alike. We are unable to access the information other than importing. Maintaining the tables is cumbersome, not friendly, would like to hide unnecessary stuff or remove. Would like to remove or hide schedule templates we no longer use, cannot because is tied to previous schedules. Would like to return to having schedules that are applied be able to replace what is there, very time consuming to have to delete one by one. Changes made to schedules do not show up unless you close the cloud and re-log in. sorting items in tables is difficult and must be exported , sorted in excel and then re-imported. Would like a patient portal with useful functionality, access to prescriptions, etc.

AC

Alvaro C.

I REALLY WANTED IT TO WORK

As an owner, IT person, optician and front-desk user, I regret purchasing this software. I actually do have a background in Computer Science from Rutgers as well as Ophthalmics from RVCC. I catch on quicker than the average bear, but with each update, my hair turns grayer and grayer. I really, truly wanted this to work, but I believe that at some point I will have to get a different EHR system because it just doesn't work for me.

Pros

There isn't a lot that I like about this system. Generally, support is acceptable. When you need help you will get it at some point, although I've seen a decline in this lately. The implementation is their strongest aspect. We had a great trainer help us and make it as easy as the program allows. If the implementation experience was the rule, I feel that Compulink Eyecare Advantage would be more successful than it is. Submitting claims is pretty good.

Cons

It is pretty slow (I use an Intel i7 2.8Ghz with 6 gigs of ram - translation: not a wimpy computer). Compulink, I believe, has some real problems. Text boxes do not match up with database field sizes. An example, when saving information and then recalling it, data will be truncated/lost. Database field sizes are really small, too. The optical portion (which I use quite a bit) gives the impression that...

MS

Maya S.

Compulink EHR Review

Overall I have been very happy with Compulink. The customer service and support is excellent. One way I didn’t realize the benefit is during this pandemic. Implementing tele health and working remotely was easy. We also modified our workflow using Compulink features to adjust to the situation.

Pros

I am most impressed with Compulink’s focus on ease of use. It is really intuitive and easy to learn.

Cons

Compulink continues to make updates and improvements which is a long term benefit but causes us to make the needed short term adjustments.

Ed

Elisa d.

Fully-functional system

We got Compulink to stream-line our inventory and it is doing its job so far. I am very pleased with the customer support teams.....they are very knowledgeable, courteous, and answer all questions in a very timely manner.

Pros

My practice came off a previous system which was "appointment" based - we had to revamp our flow to accommodate it. With Compulink, we had a very easy transition and a system which meets all of the office needs - EHR, Inventory, Billing.

Cons

Since the software has many capabilities, there is a longer than usual learning curve for all the users. Also, I am an "older" user so I find the font & icons on the small side and difficult to read.

wm

william m.

Medical Devices, 1-10 employees

Eyecare softwear

We have been using this system since the early 90's. It has been improved many time over and has made it easier to use every time. Our Dr is not a computer geek but he works well with it.

Pros

The system is easy to use. They update periodically and make things better. The icons and labels hel newer associates learn the system easier

Cons

Some items cannot be copied and pasted which is a little more difficult when you are trying to move stock numbers from one place to the other