Shrinkrapt

Mental health practice management & medical billing software

Shrinkrapt Reviews

Jo L.

I like that it is not calendar based. I like that each version is improved.

Barbara G.

Have been using it for years and we are very pleased with how it works for our practice.

Lynne W.

Anna B.

Susan S.

2.7

Still going strong!

Easy to use, streamlined billing software. Great customer support. Fairly priced

Pros

I have been using ShrinkRapt for over 20 years. I first purchased it because it was the only mental health billing software that worked on a Mac. I'm a solo practitioner and have been using it successfully since then. I've found that Mike, the founder, has been very responsive in answering my questions. I haven't had any need to shop around, but I suspect that the price of Shrinkrapt is low compared to other vendors out there.

Cons

There are a few bugs that have come up, but nothing that can't be fixed. Every time I've had problems with my large data file, Mike has been able to help me figure it out

Low price for all it does

Very good.

Pros

I've used this software for decades. Because of that, with each upgrade I am still able to keep my database that has all my clients information decades back which is great, and it is what keeps me from going to another platform. When I thought of switching to SimplePractice the cost for SP was almost twice as much monthly if I wanted to do electronic claims. Also Like that it is on my computer vs. cloud based, though that has downsides. Support has gotten much better over the years, with speedy replies via email, often within 30 seconds. I like that it is not calendar based. I like that each version is improved.

Cons

It's a little awkward to learn. Some parts not intuitive.

Long time user. Now to be a former user.

I have used SR on a Mac OC since early 90's. It has always be very basic which was fine for my needs (solo MD). All updates have been nightmares. I recently attempted to update to 9.0. DISASTER! My old 7.1 was not working well; Sierra was going to make that worse. So I bought the new system as their Facebook page said 9.0 was operational with Sierra. the update almost destroyed my data. It...

Pros

Very basic.

Cons

See my review. One major problem that's always been annoying is that you can only print out one note per sheet of paper. AND you have to click into and out of several windows to print each note. No mass note printing is available. Huge wast of time and paper.

Overall, the program functions well. Tech support is great when I have a problem

Pros

It is easy to use. I like the main page where I can scroll down and see all the names and the date of the last visit and patient balance, a feature that is very useful. I love having the tech support as needed.

Cons

Sometimes the program has a math issue (usually a penny). I would like to see the insurance payment page a little more user friendly. I have seen issues where the payment doesn't always record within the program although it may show on the sessions page. This seems to happen mostly with secondary insurance. When I click on "add", I may get too many dates, although they were already processed.

Simple, not perfect but when compared to other software just a bit pricey. Fits my solo practice.

Running my own practice and doing it all SR makes billing for my small solo practice easy and fast.

Pros

Simple to use, good continuity moving through the functions. Latest ver 9.0 big improvement over what I've used for 10+ yrs. Switching screens is easy as clicking the tabs. Software integration removes redundancy. Emailing with tech support not perfect but have found their tech knowledgeable, patient and easy to work with, never had to wait for more than overnight for help. I use ST daily and it's become easy that it's like second hand.

Cons

Through all my years using SR my experience with the developer has not been good. There is a learning curve with SR but once accomplished you don't have to deal with him. Insurance processing leaning toward the company affiliated doesn't help me much. I can keep going but my 30 years experience working with computers has taught me there is no perfect system.

Poor Support Experience, Bad UX, Complicated Upgrade Process, Stay Away. 0 stars if I could.

Pros

Nothing really -- thought I guess it did serve to help my mom do her therapy billing for many years when it worked. so that's something.

Cons

The single worst thing about Shrinkrapt is the non-existent support experience and the owner's lack of empathy for his customers. My mother used this software for many years in her private therapy practice, and every year or so we'd experience a new crisis with a corrupted data file, failed upgrade or other data-disaster that would cause weeks of frustration, lack of productivity for my mother and...

As we explained to you in multiple emails, the ShrinkRapt data file has a .4dd extension. To locate the data file, you simply need to search for files with a .4dd extension, which takes minutes, as we show in this three minute video on our YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9ELwIZxSYU&t=9s

Shrinkrapt became a nightmare

I used this program for over 5 years and had various problems with it. Not super user friendly and only email for technical assistance. The last upgrade I purchased caused terrible problems with the accounting such that the balances of clients were incorrect and the tech was unable to fix it. After weeks of trying to get it to work, I emailed the owner about the problem to see if they would speak...

Pros

works with Mac

Cons

Everything else

Decent Product - Lousy/Unfriendly Support

The software itself is decent and fairly easy to use. Customer support is another story. The owner will only do support via email - will not talk on the phone. The email answers are always as brief as he can possibly make them, and so are often confusing. When you ask for clarification, he responds with another very brief email. Thus it can take many emails over an extended period of time to resolve a fairly simple issue - far too time-consuming. The tone of his communications is curt and unfriendly. If I had it to do over, I would not buy this software.

not happy

It is easy to use and I liked it at first but, sometimes the payment entries work and sometimes they don't, so i always have to go in and make adjustments which are time consuming. The printed forms (I'm using up what I have print below the line on the bottom but in line on top so there's no way to adjust it. IAgain, I have to white out and write in on the bottom Very time consuming. IMy computer needs to update its OS and it won't support the old Shrinkrapt so I'm looking for new software.

Shrinkrapt more for Solo Offices

Very hard to get technical support. Only one person can use this system at a time. Not functable for more than one person.

Cons

best workflow design of all I've used.

this program thinks the most like a therapist of all I've used. It is easy to fix mistakes and billing issues. You can bill electronically through Office Ally for free. lives securely inside your own computer. This means though that You will have to take care to keep your own backups and archives on and off site. Unfortunately, it cannot import ERAs except through a single, too expensive, third party. Clinical Note templates not very functional compared to others (though there is a version since v.8.01 so maybe they've improved? ) I left it for more features and an online system. but I still miss the simplicity of workflow. You'll seldom need tech support. but the responsiveness is variable when you do.

Cons

I was a very satisfied user for many years, but then telephone customer support disappeared.

organization

Pros

Easy to set up and use; works especially well on Macintosh computers. Customer support was great many years ago, but..see cons below

Cons

No customer support, despite claims of unlimited support. It may be okay if you don't mind emailing. Updates are overpriced

Robin - Thanks for taking the time to review ShrinkRapt. I would highly recommend checking out our new website (SanerSoftware.com) and YouTube channel where you will find tutorial videos and lots of written documentation.

Used this program since 1988. Works inexpensively and easy.

Ease of use, simple and inexpensive compared to other options out there.

Pros

It is easy to use and to learn. Only one charge at purchase and no ongoing monthly charges for the program itself. You can use its data sheet for many online electronic billing services.

Cons

Wish it had a correcting spell check. It does tell you when the word is spelled wrong. Getting spoiled by other self-correcting programs, I guess!

I have used this software since 1992 and could not imagine my practice without it!

Pros

Well constructed software that anticipates what data most psychologists need to enter on their patients.

Cons

They eliminated some of the data analytic features from previous versions. I wish they had kept it (such as graphical representation of data).

Fantastic

Pros

It's easy to use and claims get sent out daily. They have added a new jobber for claims that I haven't used yet due to business issues.

Cons

All my information is in one place and is easily pulled up and worked with. It is simple and easy to work with.

Pros

It's ease for running patient bills and insurance claims. It is easy to put in all the insurance information and link different accounts.

Cons

I am not able to automatically link the insurance payments in the new version to the actual session which the patient has had.

Lynn - Thanks for your review. Please email techsupport for help with matching insurance payments to patient visits. This is definitely a feature in ShrinkRapt.

No real support other than e mail. No screen share or telephone assistance.

Pros

Cons

No support. I recently updated from an older version which was much better and easier to use. 2018 is lousy. Had I known I would have chosen a different software. It also isn't easy on the eye. The videos are very limited and hard to find what I am looking for or if it even exists

Its a poorly designed program with a lot of bugs ' one which resulted in the loss of all of my data.

Pros

When the program failed to work (multiple) times, tech support said they were aware of the problem and had just fixed it. During the 2-3 months that I used it, they had frequent updates.

Cons

Customer service is only available via email. The program stopped working multiple times. The last time it stopped working, they suggested that I download another updated version of the program. During my attempt to download the new version, I lost months worth of data. I hired an expert to try and figure out the problem but was unable to retrieve it. When I gave up on Shrinkrapt and asked for a refund, they stopped responding to me.

Love it.

Highly recommend. It has been an exxcellent tool for me and my solo practice.

Pros

I have used Shrikrapt 5.1 for about 4 years now. It has made my accounting, billing, claims, reports, etc. sooooo much easier. I rarely meet a problem. And, I often find aspects and features that I haven't been using and am glad to have.

Cons

Twice I have had the software not recognize that a patients insurance information was entered. I havejust started over and it took about 3 minutes (after I just gave in to the problem) to re-enter it and then we'd be flying.

Shrinkrapt Review

Fix problems yourself or buy some other program.

Pros

simple program, doesn't use much power, I used it on my Vista system as well as older form. Prints out forms ready to be mailed to the insurance company.

Cons

No tech support. Irritable person, responds only to email, and can be rude, mean to people who ask questions. If luck in on your side, then, close the program out, try again later, and hope your data wasn't lost.

Stole our money for the 8.0 version that does NOT work!

ShrinkRapt was just OK the way it was but this year they sold their customers the "new and improved" 8.0 version which DOES NOT WORK in any way, shape or form. They say customer support is free, however, you don't get any so that's a fair statement! You can only contact them by email, they give you a one-liner back and refuse to admit their product is defective. They will be reported for stealing...

Horrible Customer Service, Poor Product

DO NOT BUY THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pros

Relatively cheap compared to other some other software

Cons

The worst customer service in the industry. Updated 1 time in 10 years. This is a one man show, and if he is not available, you can go days without customer support. Crashed frequently. Owner/developer thinks everyone shoud be a computer programmer in the way he addressed personnel, threatened to disable software without reimbursement when you complain, and rarely followed through with phone calls to him.

If i could give 0.... i would.

This product is outdated, not user friendly, most features are overcomplicated (multiple steps for payments and adjustments). And simple features don't work, or completely missing, i.e. being able to save scanned information in a PT profile and scheduling. Saner Software will tell you their product has scheduling capabilities, but it works just as well as pigs fly. Don't waste your time or money... hire a biller or use another software...

I hate this product

Not at all. I'm returning this product and searching for another.

Pros

Does the basics but not worth the money.

Cons

This software looks like it is from the 90's. It's so antiquated and not at all intuitive to use. I've spent so long trying to figure out simple things and the tech support is minimally helpful. They don't take calls and did not call me back after a request to speak with someone directly. This is an aweful product.

Do not purchase!!

I think Mike the creator/owner is a Mickey Mouse operation out of his basement. The CEO/developer and customer service rep. I've used this software for 6 years.. Did it's job to a degree.. Very archaic software! I would have ditched it years ago, but cost me almost $1000.00 so suffered. Looking elsewhere for updated software. Something NOT out of the dark ages.