Theralytics  Logo
Theralytics

Practice management for applied behavior analysis therapists

visit website

Theralytics Reviews

4.9

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.78/10

Reviews by rating

Changing over to Theralytics has been one of the best business decisions. The support team is responsive, supportive and seem genuinely interested in helping.
I've had only excellent experiences with Theralytics. The customer service and tech support are outstanding and incredibly responsive.
An entire years' worth of claims denied as duplicates because the system is incapable of correctly bundling alike sessions (no warning of this at all from Theralytics).
There is limited options for affordably personalizing the software.

Brynna L.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Wonderful Customer Service, Great Quality Product

Pros

The customer service has truly been top notch, especially for a company newer to billing. They are extremely responsive with our questions, and receptive to customer feedback. I recommend this software to colleagues frequently. The app works perfectly, the billing is smooth, and we've never experienced technical issues. Everything is extremely intuitive, which is so improtant because we can train our staff on it very quickly. After experiencing many issues with other practice management products when I worked at other companies, I am so grateful that we found Theralytics.

Cons

Theralytics is unable to create a superbill with the full information needed for insurance to reimbursed out-of-network families. The actual direct billing is incredibly smooth, but for our private pay clients who need superbills, we've had to get creative with workarounds. They did also offer to custom-create this for us, but the price was pretty significant and outside of our budget as a small company.

SK

Sam K.

Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees

Theralytics has been indispensable to our ABA practice

Pros

We are a relatively new company and we interviewed several Practice Management Software providers before choosing Theralytics. We found that Theralytics provided all the features we needed in one package. Others may have additional features we would never use making them overly complicated and some don't have some important features as part of their system. It is also useful that they offer data collection....

Cons

The payroll functionality could be improved. Currently, there is no way to get it to calculate holidays as 1.5x rate, so I have to do some manual calculations.

SC

Sarena C.

Great Software!

My overall experience has been wonderful!

Pros

This software is easy to use and has a great interface. The customer services is top notch and they are always listening to their clients to determine what to add next to fit our needs.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about Theralytics.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

Buyer Beware - Under-developed/Glitchy software will cost time, money, delayed payments...

Theralytics customer support was responsive when the issues were minor, as we were patient as they seemed intent on improving their fledgling software. But once we began pushing for fixes that had proven to and were continuing to cost our business significant amounts of money, they became increasingly defensive, refused to offer any assistance let alone express any motivation in fixing the fatal flaws in their programming. In fact, they ejected our staff from a troubleshooting meeting for asking clarification questions and banned us from customer support and the CEO became a non-identity, not responding to attempts at communication.

Pros

For a budding company, their fee schedule was the number one appeal as they fall in the lower tier cost-wise. That would be followed by they're responsiveness and customer service which up-front was pretty good, but then again, it had to be because the glitches and troubleshooting problems are constant. We have felt like beta testers, which was fine when the glitches were just irritating and not necessarily vital flaws, at least we thought...

Cons

The biggest con is the monumental amount of time, effort, money, delayed payments, claim resubmissions, etc., etc. you will end up having to devote to the errors inherent in Theralytics' system. Here's a partial list of the flaws we've had to deal with: 1. More than 6 months worth of miscalculated conversions of time to units, i.e. 5 units billed for a 3 hour session or 10 units billed for a half-hour...

We apologize for your experience and welcome you to email support@theralytics.net for any troubleshooting issues. This review does not align with our core values and also does not align with the positive feedback from other reviews on Capterra. While we cannot comment on individual technical issues on this page, our CTO is more than happy to discuss any escalated technical concerns with our clients directly.

AK

Alexandra K.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great interdisciplinary scheduling/ data collection software

Our organization has had a very positive experience with Theralytics. We have been able to use it across clinics and disciplines in a nationwide company with relatively few issues. Any issues that have presented are always addressed quickly and efficiently by their customer service team.

Pros

This product is user friendly in a multidisciplinary clinical setting. Our organization used this software both for Speech and Language Pathology practitioners as well as ABA clinicians. Both disciplines used this software for scheduling, data collection, and billing and have had a great experience. It is one of the only softwares that we have come across that is so easily customizable across disciplines.

Cons

Occasional crashes on the app or website, but these are addressed efficiently.

LA

Luiza A.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Amazing Software

I love working with Theralytics and their team. They always respond fast and help in everything we need help with regardless of the area, such as scheduling, billing, etc.

Pros

I love the ease of Theralytics, the fast customer service, the executive team that jumps in whenever issues need to be handled by them, the ease of billing, and everything else in between. I love using them in comparison to other vendors because they’re super easy, fast, reliable, affordable, professional, and highly competitive with their competitors.

Cons

The app used to be a work in progress but it was upgraded and has been showing amazing results.

EA

Eleanor A.

Individual & Family Services, 1-10 employees

Theralytics Review

The overall experience has been wonderful with Theralytics. Time spent on billing has decreased. Time spent checking on completed schedules has decreased. These decreases have lead to an increase in time I can spend with clients.

Pros

This software is so easy to use. It’s a simple process to add clients, workers, and insurance. The color coded schedule makes it easy for me to see what is going on in a week's time. It was really important to me that my line therapists be able to account for their sessions on their own without me having to track them down. This software has made it so simple for them to account for sessions, whether completed or canceled. Also, the support I received from inquiry to actually using the system has been excellent.

Cons

Nothing at this point. My experience with Theralytics has been great.

AB

Amber B.

Excellent Service

I’ve had a wonderful experience and I am so happy to work with the company. As a new small business owner, they’ve made my experience with billing, data collection, and practice management a breeze. I look forward to continuing to work with them.

Pros

The software is easy to use and works on all devices. I’ve found it easy to train new employees on it. It also streamlines most of our services and provides a central location for everything.

Cons

Occasionally, the app for the phone/tablets will glitch or run slow.

ML

Meghan L.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

A++ Customer Service and Easy to Use Product

I'm so happy to have found this company and to have the assistance they provide with billing headaches!

Pros

Once set up, it's intuitive and when it's not, I receive support and solutions quickly.

Cons

I wish the data collection was more inclusive of ABA related targets, though I understand that it's being developed to include additional, more advanced features.

SL

Susan L.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Theralytics Review

Overall, we have had a great experience using Theralytics. The software is easy to learn, easy to use. Data collection is convenient and efficient and goals can be individualized for each client. We needed practice management software to use across disciplines, and this software has fit the bill. Even more impressive has been their customer service which is responsive and willing to make changes based on feedback.

Pros

Theralytics is easy to learn and use. Customer service is responsive and offers a personal approach to software. It can be used across disciplines for scheduling, individualizing goals, data collection/SOAP notes and billing.

Cons

Currently the SOAP notes are in a standard format, but can be customized at an extra cost. They’ve said they plan to release new upgrades including several new cost-free templates in early 2023.

JP

Jose P.

Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees

Spectacular program and team!

the most important component from my end has been the customer service and the rapport I have the the management team. The fact that I am able to get in touch with someone right away and get all the answers I need in a very prompt manner has made a significant impression on my end. I'm a clinician, who wants to be a clinician. I do not want to have to worry about billing, and scheduling, and the busy work that is not very clinical. The Theralytics team, along with the software have made learning a lot of the back office processes very easy. I am in regular contact with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], with random and weird questions and scenarios and he has always been able to answer my questions and support me in the process or get me in touch with someone in their team to support me.

Pros

From day 1, from the first interview with them reviewing the platform, EVERY single question has been answered with respect and virtue. As a small practice, the Theralytics team has been able to guide me and support me with a lot of the questions and concerns. Not only does it come with great and prompt customer service, they platform is very easy to use. both for the experienced clinician that has experience with multiple platforms, and the newest member of the team with no experience at all.

Cons

The data collection/reporting component is improving. This is not a complain at all, specifically because they are very receptive to the feedback given and support accordingly.

TR

Tiffany R.

Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees

User friendly software and great support team

Overall we have received quality support and enhanced our systems using an affordable service. Other platforms we have tried have been cumbersome, difficult to train on, and/or completely unaffordable for a small business. While Theralytics still has some adjustments to make that could make our overall user experience better, we do recommend this product.

Pros

Our team enjoys how easy the system is to utilize for scheduling, session notes, and authorization tracking. It allows us to complete the majority of our practice management needs within one platform that is reasonably priced. The support team has been incredibly helpful, is very responsive, and willing to hear feedback about how their product could be improved.

Cons

We find that there are still many limitations within the data collection and graphing portions of the software. We are aware that more features are coming in the future, but for now this limits our ability to efficiently program for our current clients.

Vanessa H.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

Thank goodness for Theralytics!

Pros

One of the biggest concerns of any ABA business owner is billing; to get claims sent correctly, getting paid, and if there are any denials, to go after those denials. It would take me hours to do the above and follow up on all of the claims. Thankfully, theralytics' billing team are on it. I'm able to focus on other aspects of the business because I know that my claims are being sent correctly. Also, the administrative team, support team, leadership team, and billing team are only an email away so if I have questions on anything, someone will always respond back with a solution within 24 hours.

Cons

The bulk electronic signatures, through the providers side, would be a nice feature to add. Currently, parents are able to bulk-sign for their sessions through the parent portal but some parents are not as electronically-savvy as others. Pulling all outstanding session signatures on the provider's end would help but the current set up is absolutely not hindering the completion of SOAP notes at all.

BN

Barbie N.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Integrated Autism Therapies

Pros

It is so user friendly, we previously tried the industry leader and hated it. We felt like after our initial on boarding/training (about an hour) we knew Theralytics better than the software we were trained on for 6 weeks.

Cons

No complaints. The nearest thing to a con is we are a startup but we had to start with 10 client minimum fee even though were were not up to 10 clients. However that was still much more affordable than the other software we were using.......so not truly a con as I was happy to pay it.

JW

Jessica W.

Great Software!

Theralytics has been crucial to my business operations. I am very happy with them.

Pros

Theralytics is very user-friendly and easy to customize for your needs. Support is very responsive and takes great measures to meet consumer's needs.

Cons

Theraltytics does not currently offer comprehensive scheduling tools or employee performance management. The app also glitches often. However, support is working on all these improvements.

AW

Amanda W.

Impressive

Having Theralytics has made running an ABA practice much simpler and much more organized. From the billing ease to the customer service, from data collection to organizing client/therapists documents, it’s a one stop shop for keeping everything running smoothly.

Pros

Theralytics is both visually appealing and very user friendly. Onboarding was simple and not as time consuming as some other top practice management systems. Their customer is second to none, their team is proactive, listens and acts on requests, and are extremely responsive. Theralytics has made growing our practice a breeze. Having them is a top necessity in what makes our practice run day to day. They are very cost effective also, and is also available for billing needs.

Cons

Data collection has been missing some components however the team has listened and actively added in needed features.

AC

Amy C.

Human Resources, 51-200 employees

Fabulous software

It gives us universal scheduling and everyone can be on the same page and have the same information. It has really made scheduling/changes and getting information to the right people very easy.

Pros

Scheduling is the biggest part of what we use. It is user friendly and staff have an easy time using it. Customer service has always answered in a timely manner and honored any requests we have had. They are very easy to work with and always accommodating.

Cons

At times parents have a difficult time navigating the software and need assistance. They would like for there to be a submit button once the schedule is completed. This way they wouldn't be notified of every change when the schedule changes.

DC

Darcy C.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Full ABA business support

It's been great.

Pros

I use Theralytics to handle all of my billing, scheduling, employee management, and data storage. It's very user friendly, the customer service is responsive, and it does everything I need it to do. It does all of the same activities as the larger aba management software companies do but for a fraction of the cost. As a small, new company, I need a lot of value for my money, and I get that with Theralytics.

Cons

Whenever I need to make a change for billing purposes, I have to go to several different locations and repeated make the same change.

EK

Emily K.

Individual & Family Services, 1-10 employees

Exceptional

Pros

I am a newer ABA business owner and was feeling daunted by the billing, scheduling and HR organization involved with operations. I sat through a ton of demos with practice management software companies and Theralytics was far and away the most impressive in terms of user experience, customer service, and value. As I continue to scale and develop my company, Theralytics has met my needs at every step. I feel very supported by their customer service and all of my staff find it very easy to use. It's extremely affordable and user friendly relative to competitors! Highly recommend.

Cons

I don't have any cons - Theralytics has been nothing but helpful for me.

KB

Kelly B.

Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees

Can't beat the customer service

Pros

Theralytics is a one stop shop. There practice management system is user friendly. The data collection although in infancy stage is effective. The team is also very receptive to feedback to better the software. The billing is also top notch. We all miss submitting claims from time to time before the weekly bill out. However all you have to do is email the billing department and your missed claims are immediately processed. Their customers service is like no other and their [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is very responsive and supportive. The entire team is very dedicated to helping their clients no matter how big or small you are.

Cons

I truly am not disappointed. I would like to see the data collection develop more features, which have already been shared with the team.

AM

Alfredo M.

Mental Health Care, 51-200 employees

Great Software! Great Team!

Changing over to Theralytics has been one of the best business decisions! The support team is responsive, supportive and seem genuinely interested in helping! Top notch support at a reasonable price!

Pros

As a BCBA and owner of an ABA practice, my favorite features are the business analytics and the various types of reports that can be internally generated and exported. The information gathered from these reports, allow me to set various business goals and objectives that I wasn't able to do with other platforms. Another feature that is amazing if your business is in California, is the drive time and milage automation (enough said)!!! I also enjoy how the scheduler has improved over the last few months with additional functionality (drag and drop)! The software for programing and data collection is straight to the point and isn't bloated or confusing. If there are any issues or if something is not understood, the Theralytics support team is very quick to respond!

Cons

The mobile app side occasionally experiences glitches. On demand training videos would be nice to have.

MF

Maureen F.

Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees

Easy to use, incredible support

I've always had very positive experiences and interactions with Theralytics.

Pros

I love the support, always helpful, always quick to respond. Staff can reliably access the app from kindles which helps keep overhead down.

Cons

I'm not a fan of the SOAP note format for session notes, I prefer a more open option, but that's just a personal preference.

JC

Jacob C.

Education Management, 5,001-10,000 employees

I wish we would have chosen them first. Scheduling to data collection to billing-we use it all

Customer service is quick to respond and hop on a zoom to help fix anything or answer and questions. We were spending so much money on our other practice management software and didn not get the same return on billing or overall service.

Pros

Their upfront data pull made the hassle of switch softwares much more bearable. I love the easy of use and the geofencing, mobile features for my staff in the home and schools.

Cons

We would like to make custom intake forms, it is an extra cost

JG

Jennifer G.

The Best Decision EVER

We are beyond impressed with the software and support we have received from Theralytics and recommend it to any new practice.

Pros

The one-stop system has definitely made this program the best investment for our agency. The data collection program is simple, clean and user friendly. We are so impressed with the billing department and attribute our successful first months to Theralytics.

Cons

The only grievance we have with the data software is the graphs; we are unable to utilize them for our reports due to not entering baseline data from previous reporting period.

KS

Kari S.

Mental Health Care, 201-500 employees

Excellent team to work with!

The company as a whole has been extremely user friendly and responsive to any questions or needs. They always take the time to explain and confirm that the customer is satisfied before moving on to other customers.

Pros

The integration of data, practice management, and billing in one package makes this a seamless process. The information for all individuals is housed in one system so it is not necessary to import data into the billing software from another collection system.

Cons

I have had no issues to report. Whenever there was a question about a bill, or note the response time was minimal.