Therapy Appointment

You provide the therapy, we'll provide the rest.

Therapy Appointment Reviews

Pros

Price for me is very affordable, at $57 per month. It send reminders, clients can schedule online, the note templates are great, electronic billing with integrated credit card support is wonderful.

Eric M.

I like the ease of use, the reports, customer service help and the ease of electronic billing as well. I love that it shoots out a reminder of the appointment to my clients.

Christine D.

We use this software for a group practice, but it would be great for solo practice as well. All our therapists and manager loves it.

Janet G.

Crystal H.

You can't see when more than one person is added to the message. It is in desperate need of revamping and is archaic.

Crystal H.

Tricia G.

4.2

Created by a therapist, for therapists

I have been using it for seven years and love it. It is essentially seemless; and when a rare snafu comes up, TA notifies us immediately, and usually has the issue fixed within a very short period of time. I have never had an interruption in the overall functioning of the software. It's easy to use and flows easily. My clients love the online scheduling and account access, as well as the ability to input their info online before we meet--saves time in session.

Pros

After hours of research and weeks of free trials, I chose TherapyAppointment.com software because it was created by a therapist, and the customer service was fantastic. The new upgrade is coming and I'm looking forward to continuing my practice with it.

Cons

The current version, before the upcoming update, has a little more typing, less click-and-go, than some of the other EHR software I tried. That wasn't really an issue for me, but it was a minus for a colleague with whom I shared TherapyAppointment.com.

Hi Lynn, Thank you so much for being a long-term part of the TherapyAppointment Community and for sharing your experience! We are so grateful for your feedback and kind words, and are glad that you chose use after your thoughtful consideration of the great options out there. We're so happy to hear that our Support has been helpful -- providing the helpful service you need to manage your practice is one of our primary goals. The new upgrade, TA2.0, was designed to be more intuitive and streamline your workflow, and we hope you love it. Please do keep us posted with your experience as you train on TA2.0 in December, and continue to let us know how we can improve! :) Thanks again, The TherapyAppointment Team

Great EHR

My experience has been great. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helps immediately.

Pros

I love the process of the software. It follows my own processes so I never forget to do a step. I also appreciate the ease of billing with it.

Cons

I wish the reminder system actually told the therapist of a client is confirming, cancelling or rescheduling...rather than just taking off unconfirmed list. I also wish you could build an intake into the system rather than having to cut and paste a word doc into a note.

Frustrated Long Term Supporter of Therapy Appointment

I have appreciated Customer Service for the most part over the years because they generally have responded quickly and in helpful ways when it comes to the program, itself. However, when it has to do with the upgraded 2.0 system and the problems involved, the Customer Service is poor. I have been on many Facebook threads and I know high numbers of practice owners feel lied to about the launch of 2.0 and it's readiness and capabilities. It's really too bad because I feel Therapy Appointment was a leader in the industry and if they could get the problems figured out could still be a leader. I hope it's not too late.

Pros

When I began using Therapy Appointment 8 years ago, I felt it had all the bells and whistles no one else could offer. I really like that it has encrypted messaging. I also like that clients can schedule themselves. The billing has been good, and the reports are great. For the most part, customer service is generally responsive.

Cons

I have been waiting two years for the promise of an upgraded system. We are on the old, Legacy system and were supposed to "migrate" to the new 2.0 system right after Thanksgiving, 2019. That was cancelled, due to what I was originally told was an overload due to the holiday. When pressed, I was finally told that there were glitches in the system and migrations would be on old until January. January...

Great program

Overall it's been a positive experience. I have thought about trying other similar programs but am not ready for the hassle of migrating to a different software.

Pros

I have used the old version and the new 2.0 version of this software for the past few years. The newer version is definitly better than the older version. It's easy to use and figure out.

Cons

I don't like that I cannot call customer support and get a live person. I have to wait on someone to call me back. Being in a private practice, I have limited time to make calls so when I call that's the only time I have available. There are other small changes that need to be made to software that I've mentioned to customer support but they haven't been made.

By Practitioners, For Practitioners

Overall, TherapyAppointment has been an integral part of starting and maintaining my private practice. The ease with which I am able to access TherapyAppointment across devices helps me manage time and productivity. The comfort in knowing I will receive personalized support allows me to work through issues without stress. The billing process through TherapyAppointment has been one of the most painless processes I've ever encountered while working in mental health. I would highly recommend this program to colleagues in similar practice situations as me.

Pros

This program is wonderfully built to support my therapy practice needs. I can easily enter and access client information, upload documents, schedule, check billing and contact customer service. There are multiple helpful videos for initial set up and customer service personally walked me through step-by-step directions when I still did not understand some initial start-up procedures. Adjusting billing documents before submitting helps eliminate returned or rejected claims.

Cons

My only struggles have been around issues with adjusting or deleting scheduled appointments without a cancellation and recreating therapy notes but those can be adjusted by utilizing forms.

What I Love About Therapy Appointment

My experience has been positive. We like the software for all it offers us and how efficient it is.

Pros

The accounting, the overall record keeping, the ease of use.

Cons

After a year I still do not have invoices with my letterhead and we cannot submit secondary claims electronically. Also, there is no phone app for my therapists.

One of the best choices I've ever made for my private practice!

Overall, using this system has significantly decreased stress in running my practice! It keeps me organized and on track with billing and scheduling and keeping up with notes. I would never try to go back to the old paper and pencil method of private practice again. My clients are also quite pleased with the features they are able to use.

Pros

I'm most impressed with the security and support. Once they shut down to keep hackers out - all of my clients' private information was completely safe so I could relax. The personnel providing support for any concerns are very responsive, friendly and helpful. I increasingly feel more like I'm part of an online family of sorts when using this practice management system.

Cons

I really wish clients could complete all paperwork directly online rather than having to do any printing. I wish documents could be attached to the email within the system both from and to me. I also wish documents could be faxed, other than just to referral sources.

Hi Jolene! Thank you so much for being part of the TherapyAppointment Community! We are glad that joining us has been one of the best choices you've made for your practice and are so grateful to have you! With our new upgrade, TA2.0, you'll find that your practice rely's much less on traditional printing and mailing. We'll have esign, PDF submittable forms, and attachments when we launch TA2.0, and will continually work to improve those functions.The fax idea is interesting, and I've submitted this request to our team. Thank you, again, for being part of our community and for your positive words. We love hearing your feedback and hope to continue to help decrease stress in your practice! Best wishes, The TherapyAppointment Team

excellent electronic health care record for therapists.

I have had a wonderful experience with this product and recommend it, so long as you are willing to learn to use the interface.

Pros

The software is feature rich and reliable. The price is also very competitive for the rich feature set. It has a patient portal, account aging reports (not all products in this class have this feature), electronic billing, progress notes, appointment reminders, and document storage. It has group practice features.

Cons

The interface is very clunky and it is slow to update. The good news is a new version is finally coming by the end of 2018 that will include a modern drag and drop interface.

Hi Dr. Dave, Thank you so much for reviewing TherapyAppointment! We're grateful that you've taken the time to share your experience with our software, and know that you'll love what we have in store for you with TherapyAppointment 2.0! It is certainly much streamlined and will be rapidly updated as new features are added. We'll also have plenty of training opportunities available to make learning a breeze. We're glad you're part of our community!

Great for billing

Overall, I love their support team, billing, and case notes. I love the reports you can run in the program. It is about to be updated, so that improves the look and user capabilities.

Pros

I absolutely LOVE the fact that my company can do electronic billing through Therapy Appointment. It automatically updates the client's file, tracks the amount of sessions used, repopulates notes. They also give a discount for multilpe users. It is great!

Cons

The issue with Therapy Appointment is that it does not allow multiple therapists to use multiple rooms and locations. I have 2 group practices where some of my clinicians work out of both locations. We have to use one program for scheduling and then Therapy Appointment for our billing. The new change looks great, but it still can't take care of the larger group practices.

Hi Jennine! We are so happy that TherapyAppointment has helped you streamline your practice! Thank you for being part of our family and for your kind words. You're right -- the upcoming TA2.0 upgrade will improve the look and features. One of those upgrades actually addresses your biggest concern -- scheduling. The new calendar features will allow you to better manage your practice, but we are always looking for ways to improve for larger practices. So keep the feedback coming! Our goal is continual growth to better serve your practice. :) Thank you for your feedback and for being part of the TherapyAppointment family! Best wishes, The TherapyAppointment Team

Effective and conscientious about security.

Pros

I like this software because of the security. The billing department has more control over small things. I've worked with it for a couple years and figured out many of the tools. I use the monthly calendar view constantly to present open date/times. The interface isn't going to win any beauty prizes, but it does work very effectively and that is what really matters.

Cons

Separate calendars for each therapist require a lot of clicking back and forth. Patients are sorted by surname only. (Work around; present all old patients and do a control F search)

Hi JudyAnn, Thanks for your honest feedback! We are so glad to hear that TherapyAppointment has made your billing department's job a little easier and that it gives you more control over the small things that might otherwise fall through the cracks. We know managing a practice isn't easy, and we are happy that we can help! You're right about our user interface, but we're excited for you to take a look at the new software later this year! We think you'll find it clean and modern (and hopefully a candidate for one of those beauty prizes!) Thanks again for your review. Again, we really appreciate your time and feedback.

A decent EHR option for mental health therapists

I have really appreciated the responsiveness of the support team. I send in my question/request and hear back, typically that day or within 24hrs, with it answered/completed. Despite the things I get frustrated about with the system, I feel like the people behind this system are doing what they can and like I have a HIPAA team behind me, watching my back.

Pros

I've used this for years and appreciate the ease of storage, billing, and reassurance that the note formats keep me HIPAA compliant. It is best suited to an individual provider, although it can scale to small groups of providers.

Cons

It does not integrate well/function well for groups of diverse providers, such as group practices that include prescribers and other medical providers. It is limited in its ability to run useful reports. It suffers from significant glitches (like, reversing a payment you distributed in error reverses ALL of them for the client, not just the one you made the error in. This requires you to redistribute...

Hi Julie, Thanks so much for sharing and being part of the TherapyAppointment Family. We appreciate that you've been part of our family for years, and are grateful for your honest feedback so that we can continue to grow! We're excited for you to get started in TA2.0 -- it has more adaptability for groups than our legacy product, and will address most of your concerns. For example, your office...

Great customer service!

great

Pros

Wonderful customer service! Every time I've emailed or called, they have been very friendly and helpful. The auto pilot function is great and was definitely made by a therapist who knows what's important! I like the statistics feature.

Cons

I wanted to use a credit card processing service that "spoke" with Therapy Appt but Cayan is so expensive. I use Ivy Pay and then have to manually post everything. I wish there was a way to mark on the calendar that someone no-showed or late cancelled- changing the appt to a different color would be helpful- it would also be helpful to add another slot when someone late cancels so I can still mark that the original client cancelled and leave room for another client. I wish you could send additional reminders too. I also wish there was a way to mark how much I as a practice owner pay contractors and have that added into the posting tab and statistics

Hi Laura, Thank you so much for sharing your feedback and for being part of our family. We are grateful for the opportunity serve you and glad to hear our customer support is helpful! You're right -- we were built from the ground up by a therapist still at the helm of TherapyAppointment as CEO. He does know what's important to help you grow your practice! We do hear your concerns about credit...

Pleased with this system

Overall I am pleased with TherapyAppointment. It meets my needs and the improvements that need to be made are not deal breakers for me. I find it affordable for my solo practice and it has enough features to keep my running my practice smoothly each day.

Pros

Customer support is efficient and prompt. I was concerned that getting support via email would be cumbersome or untimely but they respond promptly and thoroughly. I contacted my rep with billing questions and had a 30-minute demo with her over the phone which was extremely helpful. She is a therapist as well so she knew first-hand what my needs were. It offers both email and text/voice reminders which is included in the monthly price. It securely stores credit/debit cards for easy payment. My biller has not problem logging in and doing her work remotely from her office which is in a different city. They are available for her as well when she needs customer support.

Cons

You can't hover over an appointment time to see an "alert" you have written such as "husband joining session today"...you have to open the appointment which just takes extra time. The patient portal is too difficult for patients to navigate through so the idea of having them self-register is out the window for me. It doesn't have required fields so they can create an account, fill out a few things...

Revolutionized My Practice

Therapy Appointment has changed my professional life- the way I leave daily having fully charted, sent out bills as well as been reminded to respond to things important. It seems amazing to me that the staff at TA answers the phone with any question I’ve had- even the owner/ developer answers the tech call sometimes and you feel like you are talking to a friend! I know some of the staff’s names-...

Pros

Almost no one forgets or misses their appointments due to very professional non intrusive auto reminders, User friendly, TA error checking for you, reminders for client and therspist( birthday, bills, everything) , ability to send print a receipt in sevinds( it’s something I’ve never had- previous fumbling, searching and after hours find- not here it’s at most in 30 seconds!

Cons

I’m wishing for the reminder for a client not seen in a month to be personalized by me( not saying to call office) but staff said they are working on it after my call( and they will)- total trust in Therapy Appointment staff!

Great for small practice or one provider.

This system is inexpensive, but you get what you pay for. It serves its purpose, but if you are looking for something with bells and whistles, this may not be for you. Want something simple that makes scheduling easy? Then you may have found the perfect system for you.

Pros

The scheduling function is really easy. Integrated credit card processing allows for easy check in and payment, right from the schedule. It is easy to use, and the minimal functionality keeps the system from getting overwhelming. It is completely cloud based for easy access from any device with internet access. I haven't used customer support much, but when I have, the response time was almost immediate and all my questions were answered.

Cons

Functionality is limited. There is no ability to create invoices from the system, so we have to use an external system for billing. It is very manual. If you don't do much external billing, or if you can submit insurance claims completely electronically, or you are completely private pay, this system would be perfect. Another con is that when you add a new patient, that patient must be added under a single provider, not under the practice. If one patient sees multiple providers, that patient will end up with multiple records and multiple accounts. It can get quite confusing for note taking, payments, and data updating. If they change their address, you have to update a bunch of records, not just one!

Office Managing Made Easy!!!

I have been with T.A. for several years and have no real complaints. Their customer service is friendly and fast and they are always on top of anything that comes up that may disrupt service. I would recommend them to anyone looking to lighten their load of "office" work.

Pros

I have been a user of therapy appointment for years!! I am an individual therapist with no employees and this software does almost everything for me at an incredibly reasonable price! I highly recommend it!

Cons

There have been two things that have been difficult - both of which I believe are being taken care of in the upcoming release of 2.0. One is that clients can't reset their passwords without contacting me, and the other is that doing paperwork electronically is not an option.

Hi Aimee, Thanks so much for your review and thank you for being part of the TherapyAppointment community. We're glad you're here! :) TA2.0 is definitely going to help lighten your load -- between e-signatures and the patient portal passwords being more patient-friendly (yes, they can reset it themselves!) alone, we'll take care of more paperwork than ever before. Also new to this platform is the ability to constantly evolve, so as we find new ways to help lighten the load and/or improve our features, you won't have to wait! Thanks again for being part of our community!

Great for Solo or Group Practice

TherapyAppointment really does help streamline notes and insurance claims/billing. I get to spend more time being productive seeing people, then pushing paperwork!

Pros

I've used this since opening my private practice- as a solo practitioner and now we have expanded into 5 therapist group practice. Love the quick response from customer support. I like the various options on how to write a note. Free admin accounts a bonus. The capability for ERA and automatic posting is great.

Cons

I don't like that we, as a therapist, cannot make appointments for the other therapists and have to have the admin account to do this. I believe with the new update this will be addressed.

Hi Karen, Thank you so much for your thoughtful review and for being part of the TherapyAppointment family! We are so happy to hear we've helped your practice streamline it's processes and been a part of it's growth! We do think you'll love TA2.0, and are looking forward to hearing the feedback from your growing practice. You're right -- customizable administrative controls have been expanded so that you have much more flexibility. Thank you again for your review and being part of our community! We hope that you love our new software and, together, we can continue to grow your practice! Best wishes, The TherapyAppointment Team

UNBELIEVABLE RELIEF OF PRESSURE ON ME AS A THERAPIST

Can I just tell you that in 3 years I've never left my building but perhaps 2-3 times without every note being completed, every bill submitted to insurance panels! I had an arguous and ineffective employee for 10 years before I found Therapy Appointment that forgot to bill, forgot to submit, forgot to attend to errors( some we never knew for years- I mean years). It's almost been error free for us since using Therapy Appointment to " shepherd" us to remember- I mean It alerts you to everything- it's unbelievable! If a person feels they can find better, I'd love to see how- it has given me an ability to go home after entering my work, get timely paid( for the 1st time in all those years)- I'm not being theatrical- it's amazing!

Pros

Always a live person helped me trouble shoot- and I mean fast! ease of use Keeps me disciplined Saves me time never a HIPPA problem shields me largely from an easy error Thorough I've never been this organized

Cons

I can tell you if people complain and not be understanding of " rough waters" and adjustment errors during software upgrades and apparent hackers- then they have really missed the point of how Therapy Appointment has " knocked it out of the park" 99% of the time! Yes, this rough patch happened a few times but each time they jumped on it with full attention.

Therapy Appointment has made my professional life so much easier!

Pros

I have been using this program for several years now and couldn't be happier. I recommend it to my colleagues regularly. The user interface is simple and a pleasure to use. The monthly flat fee has saved me a bundle in time and money in comparison with hiring a billing person, which I did for many years previous. The customer support, which is not needed very often, is prompt and excellent, whether by phone or by internal message. The continual updates have successfully kept up with the changes in coding with the DSM-V, which is no small feat. As they say themselves - they promise that this program will never be finished. And with continual updates due to professional changes and with improvements and additional functioning they have voluntarily provided, I doubt it will.

Cons

Nothing. I couldn't recommend it more highly. As I said, I do recommend it to colleagues regularly. There is no financial incentive for me to do so.

Therapy Appointment

Pros

Therapy Appointment has the best customer support. It's in the top three of any business I've ever worked with. The software seems intuitive and the new user interface has a great new look. It will be great to be able to sync with existing calendar, such as Google. Love that we will have the ability to reserve playroom through the software.

Cons

There are a few features that we will no longer have, like the side-by-side view for all clinicians.

Hi Alisa, Thank you so much for being pat of the TherapyAppointment family and thanks for your kind words! We are honored you consider us as one of the best-- we take helping you manage and your practice very seriously. We are glad that you're excited about the new features offered in TA2.0! Even though the launch is swiftly approaching, we are already looking to improvements -- like more customization of the dash. Please do continue to let us know what you need from us so that we may continue to improve! :) Thanks again and best wishes, The TherapyAppointment Team

#1 EMDR TURN KEY WITH EVERYTHING YOU NEED!!!!

Pros

Incredible turn key web based solution for Mental Health providers covering all aspects of EMDR, billing, intake notes, progress notes, reminder calls, documentation, easy online registration, direct billing to insurance comanies, and credit card payment processing. The developer and inventor of this product is a Doctoral Level Psychologist who understands the needs of mental health providers and he is committed to the ongoing development of the product. He and his staff are very responsive to concerns and questions. Absolutely amazing. I would highly recommend without reservation!

Cons

I am very very satisfied however the only tiny problem is when there is a problem with the server slowing down. However this company has resolved and worked with this issue. In fact the server slowing down is not a problem and it is very fast currently.

Good program but still missing a few things

Pros

I think the updated TA is great and there are a lot of new great features. I like the ability to do more online forms and the ease of use has increased.

Cons

There are still some limitations. I feel the software is most conducive to seeing individual adults clients. For a counselor who sees children it is not as ideal. There is not a way to list multiple address or phone numbers for different parents if they are divorced for example.

Hi Kaitlyn, This is helpful information and we really appreciate the honest feedback. So happy that you think the new software is great! Your perspective as a children's' counselor is invaluable, and we believe many of your concerns are addressed in the final version of TA2.0. But as you train on it, we hope that you'll let us know how we can continue to grow to better serve your practice! We do thank you for being part of our family, and we are glad that you took the time to share how we can improve! Best wishes, The TherapyAppointment Team

TherapyAppointment review from Dr. Savitz-Smith's office

Overall, our experience with TherapyAppointment has been positive. Support team is always helpful and informative.

Pros

It is easy to perform all of the functions and it is easy to read/view.

Cons

It would be helpful if there was a way to split billing as well as save more than one credit card on file as we often have more than one party paying for service (e.g. separated parents splitting the cost for child's therapy).

Hi Annette, Thank you for sharing your experience and being part of the TherapyAppointment family! We are glad your experience has been positive-- our Support team strives to help you with your every need! And thank you for your feedback; our new software will be able to store and remember a card! We're continually working to ensure our new billing features are more streamlined, so we always appreciate our community's feedback on how we can improve! Thanks again for being part of the TherapyAppointment family! Best, The TherapyAppointment Team

Our company uses this and I love it.

Pros

It's super easy to navigate, with internal communication and I can access all of our providers, no matter what state they are in, with just the click of the mouse.

Cons

I haven't figured out how to delete an Insurance Co. LOL. I wish a refund, of any amount, was possible to make. If a patient over pays it has to be left as a credit or refund the entire amount.

Hi Pam, Thank you so much for your review! We are happy that you are part of our community and that our cloud-based software has made managing a dispersed practice a breeze. Sorry for the delay on this response, but please do feel free to give our Support Desk a call at 1(800) 242-2127 whenever you have questions. We can help anytime you have concerns like this! We've also created a pretty large library of help topics here: https://therapyappointment.desk.com/ Please let us know if we can help with anything! Thanks for being a valued TherapyAppointment customer!

Therapy Appointment

Very positive. Good customer support and good value for the dollar.

Pros

Very easy to use. Submits claims and stores record electronically. Offered appointment reminders to clients.

Cons

The statements portion is cumbersome and could use revamping.

Hi Lisa, Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so glad that our software has helped you manage your practice and you've found it to be a good value. We're grateful to have you as a member of the TherapyAppointment family! Your insights on the statements portion of our software are helpful, and we've spent a considerable amount of time revamping billing, even between the beta and TA2.0! We expect you'll find it as streamlined as the rest of our new software -- but please continue to let us know how we can improve! Thanks again for your thoughtful review and for being part of our community! We really appreciate your insight as we seek to continually grow and improve. Best Wishes, The TherapyAppointment Team