Therasoft Online Logo

Practice management toolbox for mental health professionals

Therasoft Online Reviews

4.4

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.59/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

therapynotes-com
simplepractice

I am a loyal customer as a software system is only as good as the people that support it. It is worthy every penny.
I like the ability to run reports, templates, ease of use, and most of all the support. Customer rep has been helpful and encouraging the whole time even when I am not able to understand.
Has EXCELLENT customer support, which is essential for a solo practioner with limited computer skills; they are friendly, patient, and helpful to resolve issues.
This has been a horrible experience. I am now using simple practice with no billing issues.
Hard to read: font too small and faint and in odd places. Have not been paid a penny from all that I have input and sent electronically.
The majority of the time nobody does get back to me, which brings me to the next problem I have.

MH

Michael H.

Great features, needs work.

It's difficult to think of a more comprehensive software available for therapists to run a private practice, in terms of variability of options for charting, assessments, and treatment plans. It also excels in terms of its intuitive interface from the calendar, which makes it very easy for new therapists to learn. We've been using Therasoft for over three and a half years and, on the whole, have a...

DB

Dr Bob P.

Comments and Suggestions

Therasoft offers a sophisticated integration of all the main functions of a busy psychotherapy practice and is scalable to the size of the practice. The software itself incorporates easy user access to functions, customization of documents and the ability to upload your own documents. It is state-of-the-art in terms of web usage, HIPAA security & backup, and integration with external software and...

Pros

Therasoft takes advantage of web-based technology and the "cloud" environment in three major ways: First, the system seamlessly integrates appointments and calendar functions, billing functions (electronic billing, electronic EOBs), credit card, and EMR chart components. Second, the Therasoft system integrates the familiar features of, and interfaces with, popular information management systems like...

Cons

The biggest con of the Therasoft system is that it is on the cutting edge of web-based systems and is, consequently rough around a few edges. Whereas all the components operate as advertised, there are idiosyncrasies within functions that one wishes were more smoothly operational. For example, Therasoft provides an innovative display method for the main calendar that allows users to see, at a glance,...

JL

Jeni L.

Therasoft handles most of our needs but has flaws

Pros - it electronically handles insurance, it autofills, customer service is always helpful, the programming department is always willing to make changes to better fit our needs, they are ICD-10 ready! :) Cons - it is not very user friendly. We have a very unique practice, so I understand that finding software for our particular needs is going to be tricky. I appreciate all that therasoft...

Cons

Thank you for your detailed response, Jeni! Our client's input helps us grow and improve. I know that we have spoken about some of your concerns in the past and addressed some that you had. We do have some great improvements in the works. I think those will address more of the items you have mentioned. Let me know if you would like to schedule some time to meet to discuss things further.

EK

Elaine K.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

Great for basic services, the customer services is awesome but could use some improvements

My recommendation of the software depends on the size of the business utilizing it. For 1 or two provider businesses that are not or do very little with insurance, it is great

Pros

It is very focused towards the private therapist who deals a little or not at all with insurance. It is very easy to schedule an appointment and bill to insurance. They also work with you to help get the EOB's integrated and EFT set up so receiving payments is super easy too. The drop down menus are easy to navigate and pretty straight forward. They also give you some reports that are helpful to maintain a healthy business and provide training videos on some functions that aren't intuitive.

Cons

From a legal and financial standpoint, things could be improved. The software is very focused on documentation the clinical side of things but not the financial. There is currently no way to record credit card payments if you don't use their system other then the "other" selection. It does not record changes made in the system to the patients payment accounts (ie insurance paid but then took back the...

DB

Danielle B.

Top Notch Product & Customer Service

Therasoft has made running electronic remittance (ERAs) a breeze between insurance providers. There is a fluidity that makes billing less stressful and easy to manage. Therasoft's layout provides the therapist total command over the note taking, billing and scheduling processes. The customer support works diligently and patiently by your side the first couple weeks until you really feel a sense of...

Pros

The ease of understanding processes and flow, user-friendly navigation, the common sense layout, the unbelievably helpful customer service line and the video tools for troubleshooting.

Cons

The billing portal. It would be most helpful if the software system allowed hyperlinks to be pasted into the messages sent on the electronic invoices to clients.

Thank you for the good feedback, we appreciate it! Also did you know that on the Client billing statement you are able to send an email out to the client with a pay now button? You are also able to send a hyperlink for the patient to be able to pay, call us and we will teach you how. We also have a client portal the client can log in and also pay on their account. Many Thanks Therasot

MD

Melissa D.

THERASOFT IS A LIFE SAVER FOR A SOLO PRACTIONER

see above

Pros

* offers so many administrative, billing, and clinical tools that help me stay organized and manage my time well * has EXCELLENT customer support, which is essential for a solo practioner with limited computer skills; they are friendly, patient, and helpful to resolve issues * is HIPPA compliant * is very affordable and cost effective * could transition to electronic records and utilize different components of the program at my own pace

Cons

* when i started, the video tutorials on how to use the different tools were minimal and i relied heavily on customer support; thankfully, this has changed over the months; step-by-step teaching tutorials are very helpful in learning how to use this comprehensive system; this along side the excellent customer support greatly reduces the frustration and the ability to stick with the learning process * the accounting program is functional but somewhat confusing, especially the ability to track client payments

KS

Ken S.

Pleased with Therasoft - 10 years

Pros

The system is comprehensive. Everything that I need is built into the system. Also, the customer service and training departments are awesome, they respond right away and they provide assistance to make sure that I get what is needed. They will customize lots of the features for my office.

Cons

Everything that I need and things that I have not thought of are included in this system. I have cons about Therasoft.

RJ

Robert J.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

I have used this system for over a year. I honestly don't have any complaints about this system.

Easy to use and allows me to focus on other priorities

Pros

I like having everything bundled with one company. I like the convenience that this service provides having access to records on any device connected to the internet without having the records stored on that device. I think they go far beyond my expectations for any customer service with the time they took teaching me about the system all the way through. I can still contact my customer service rep today and she would be there to answer any of my questions. The system is easy to use and includes absolutely everything I need for my small private practice from website, records, I can store educational materials, They have added hippa compliant video services but I have not used them, I can even let them become my billing department and have yet to have any issues with insurance.

Cons

I wasn't a fan of the mobile app, it just felt different to me but I can very easily open it up in a web browser on any device so not that big of a deal.

Hi Robert! Thanks for taking the time to review the software. Working with you has been great! Tiffany

ME

Melanie E.

I love having every aspect of my practice in one place!

I've used Therasoft Online for several years and I'm very happy overall. There are many pros, but I appreciate knowing my HIPPA compliance is covered. I love having insurance filing be so quick and easy. All billing payments, whether from insurance or credit cards, are automatically credited to the client's account. That is a huge time saver! I love the 1 page attendance, payment, insurance file, progress...

JG

Jerome G.

Our first EHR, like the clinical and billing capabilities, but some problems still not fixed.

We like the combination of clinical and billing features, thus streamlining our processes. Problems with supervisor signatures lines appearing on fully licensed psychologist's Standard progress notes when printed have not been corrected in TWO YEARS in spite of promises, "The developers are working on it." For those of us using your back office enchanced billing, I would like to see reports (graph...

SM

Sally M.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

Efficient use of data from registration, to notes to billing.

Pros

Efficient use of record keeping. Easy accessibility with the phone app. I appreciate how you can add insurance instead of only having a record of one insurance. I appreciate how the Therasoft includes insurance feedback about amount paid and amount owed for each session.

Cons

More efficiency. There are multiple clicks. So when I click regarding registration, I wait a while before I can click bill insurance. I wonder if any of the buttons can be grouped or quicker without delay? Its hard dealing with any lag time at the end of the day or between doing other tasks. I would also appreciate more efficiency when I call for help. Most often someone is not available and when I can a call back-its at a random time and the person does not address my question over voice mail, nor gives me a specific time that I can reach that person. So theres some frustration around accessibility for help. Once I reach someone, the service is great.

NB

Nancy B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

I depend on Therasoft Online to run my practice. I have been using it for 8+ years.

Ease of use for staff and clients. I have gone from a solo practice to a group practice using it. I am in process of having my group practice acquired by another company and hope they will continue to use it.

Pros

It does so many things from documenting the client's first contact to the initial assessment to the treatment plan and the progress notes. It allows me to send text message reminders which the client's love. I have not implemented the tele-mental health program yet but know it is there. I now have gone paper free and have all information scanned in to the documents and notes tabs.

Cons

The main weakness has been with A/R (accounts receivable) but now they have a service for that area and I am trying it out.

Thank you so much for the wonderful review, and also being a customer for over 8 years, We sure appreciate you! I am glad that you are trying out the A/R program, I believe you will see amazing things. Best, Petra

JJ

John J G.

Therasoft Online Works for Me

For most of my career, I have not had to deal with the nuts and bolts of a private therapy practice. I had either been employed by a group that provided all support services, or I contracted with a practice management service which did everything for me. All I had to do was my clinical work. But with the ever shrinking reimbursements from insurance companies, I was forced to cut overhead costs in...

MB

Marcia B.

Send Out Telemental Health Informed Consent

Therasoft is a company that stands behind their product. They are innovative and always improving their product and interface with their clients.

Pros

I can do everything I need in one place for electronic records, insurance, client notes and billing.

Cons

I have been doing telemental health with them for over six months. There have been glitches throughout for me. Those are finally repaired and the software and portal work beautifully now.

TB

Tim B.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

Therasoft keeps me in business.

When I began with Therasoft, I was owed thousands of dollars in insurance claims and had no idea how to resolve it. I needed to 'go digital' in my systems and TS was there to walk me through the training and help me receive payment. Reps are life savers and keep me sane in my work. I am a loyal customer as a software system is only as good as the people that support it. It is worthy every penny!

Pros

Therasoft has amazing customer support and is easy to use once you train with their tutorials. The phone app allows me to manage my client load once entered into the system. From intake to insurance claims, Therasoft handles all my needs and makes my life easier. I cannot imagine trying to run my business without it.

Cons

Training takes some time but is very rewarding. The support is always there to answer questions and resolve issues.

KZ

Kathy Z.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

Excellent product, excellent customer service

Pros

The product is very user friendly. The price point is excellent. Customer service has always been extremely accommodating - knowledgeable, friendly, and go above-and-beyond what would be expected.

Cons

Our only complaint has been the inability to add in customized forms such as in-take, treatment forms, etc.

Hi Kathy! Thanks for taking the time to review the software, We have recently added a feature to allow the clients to complete and sign customized intake forms. I've just sent you an email regarding this. We value our users opinions and try to accommodate the needs of our users whenever possible, I hope you enjoy your day! Tiffany

AE

Angela E.

Ongoing problems

My overall experience is one where I would tell everyone to get Therasoft and now I don't. Too many problems with video use, server down, program not running like it is suppose too. Now its costing me money as I have to reschedule or lose clients.

Pros

The functions are great. I also love how many of the functions help me with my business. I use the website, email, video and all the functions.

Cons

Its no longer reliable and I can't trust that it will work when its suppose too. Therasoft has been causing me more and more issues with its lack of reliability.

GA

Gerardo A.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

I like the system and it meets my needs. It is affordable and that is important as well.

All-in-one place for services.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the attendance and progress notes format. I also like some of the assessment templates. I like the electronic signatures and the fact that it is tied to billing

Cons

I love the online sessions function but the picture quality for the provider is very bad. Also, the group notes are difficult. I used to use the group tab but then it does not show on the regular attendance and progress notes tabs. There must be a way that groups can also be on normal calendar and attendance.

PC

Priscilla C.

Best up-and-coming software for Psychologists and Mental Healthcare Workers!!!

We have been using TheraSoft for approximately a year now and have been very pleased with its overall performance. You cannot beat their outstanding customer service and software features for such a great price! I highly recommend trying this company out.

Pros

*Excellent customer service with quick response time to your questions and concerns. If they do not have an answer to your question, they research it until they do and follow-up with you quickly. *Amazing competitive rates. *Great software features such as, but not limited to: Direct links to pre-register your patients from your website, easy-to-use scheduling calendar, inter-office messaging system, ability to upload patient records and insurance cards, ability to keep track of authorizations and pre-certifications, and the ability to charge patient's credit cards directly through TheraSoft with First Data Merchant. *Iphone app *Remote access to your patients' accounts no matter where you are at. *Extremely user-friendly filing of electronic or paper claims submission.

Cons

*The accounting reports could be better in regards to end of month reporting (insurance plus patient payments). *Billing statements can be very time consuming if you deal with a lot of divorced parents and have to seperate the bill up between parties. *Sometimes the authorization tracking system is off and inaccurate and it does not alert you when you are low on visits.

AF

Amy F.

Calendar, therapy notes, and assessments are easy to use on both phone and computer.

Pros

Notes, calendar, and assessments- easy to use. There is an option to confirm attendance, write note, and submit billing within one screen.

Cons

Difficult to set up billing, not easy to resolve issues or track. It is also difficult to submit secondary claims.

Hi there, Thank you for the review. I understand the issue with transmission of secondary is because of the process of how secondary can be billed, the insurance company however changes the claim number when the first claim goes through so they require a mailed hcfa to the secondary. Also I believe that you have some issues with Medicare that can be resolved with some changes to how your credentialed. We know have a credentialing department that can help you with these changes if you are interested. Please give us a call so we can help you get this resolved. 888-435-8203. Again thank you for your feedback.

TH

Tim H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

I find the system very easy to use, I can access it from anywhere, and I really appreciate support.

It allows me to focus on my clinical work and makes running the business as easy as possible from the practice management side.

Pros

Simple, secure, cloud-based, comprehensive practice management software makes my work much easier to do on a daily basis, and allows me to focus on the clinical work.

Cons

Half-jokingly, I wish that it could do my paperwork for me! It also cannot demystify the insurance world with all of its ins and outs.

FW

Faye W.

Return to Therasoft System for my office

Streamline the system of managing client information in an organized manner, and ease of billing, either insurance or credit card for payment.

Pros

Ease of use between items and logical presentation of topics for a therapy office use.

Cons

The List of ICD Codes is not alphabetized.

Thank you so much for the review, in doing so we grow, with the issue of the ICD10 I will have my team look into this and get this problem resolved. Therasoft Team

JG

Jodi G.

Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees

Therasoft review

Pros

Customer service is wonderful about getting tickets resolved in a timely manner. Information is easily available about updates as the send emails frequently and update the website.

Cons

Unable to easily access specific information. If specific information is needed, we have to ask for a report to be built.

EO

Ellen O.

review

Pros

ease of drop down menus/ accessible to entire staff regardless of their previous experience

Cons

the new login program. it is so annoying and difficult to use I am considering a switch to another platform/program

AE

Angie E.

Often slow. Too slow to type notes between session. Not reliable to do work

Pros

All the features, cost, response from customer service staff, willingness to take modifications in consideration

Cons

Not consistent to depend on when you have a specific window to work. Will time you out, not allow you to log in, takes too long to reload pages, is cumbersome to complete notes in a timely manner between clients, often frustrating.