Therasoft Online

Practice management toolbox for mental health professionals

visit website

Therasoft Online Reviews

Pros

Over the past year they have been a pleasure to work with. With great costumer services, an easy interface, and website maintenance, I'm very happy.

Marc G.

Has EXCELLENT customer support, which is essential for a solo practioner with limited computer skills; they are friendly, patient, and helpful to resolve issues.

Melissa D.

I like the ability to run reports, templates, ease of use, and most of all the support. Customer rep has been helpful and encouraging the whole time even when I am not able to understand.

Heather C.

Cons

This has been a horrible experience. I am now using simple practice with no billing issues.

Denise M.

Hard to read: font too small and faint and in odd places. Have not been paid a penny from all that I have input and sent electronically.

Deborah C.

The majority of the time nobody does get back to me, which brings me to the next problem I have.

This is the best software that I have used compared to some others I've briefly tried.

I love the software and the ease of use which it creates. That changes are made to the software and I am unaware e.g. formatting, new additions to charting or billing.

Pros

That it is user friendly. Its easy to manuever. The video trainings are helpful and keeping track of clients is super easy.

Amazing resource for counselors

My experience with Therasoft has been excellent. The scheduling, medical records and billing components are reliable, meet the requirements of my payors and are easy to use. I am thrilled this year to have collected more in revenue, despite taking a month sabbatical. This outcome I believe, is solely due to the hard work of my biller with Therasoft who stays on top of my claims, denials and deductibles. It gives me peace of mind to know that the Therasoft team is coordinating my billing.

Pros

I am most appreciative of the billing services that are a part of this software. Having Therasoft handle this complex and sometimes stressful portion of my business is a huge help. It allows me to focus on caring for my clients and growing my business and not trying to navigate the maze of the insurance world.

Cons

It took be some time to adjust to the calendar based system rather than being able to click on a client's name and find everything related to them in one place.

Unfair charges for record keeping.

Software was find; the customer service was horrible. I was overcharged for their billing service and since leaving Therasoft am being charged $200.00 per year to have access to all my notes on patients.

Pros

Was happy with product; very unhappy with support.

Cons

When you leave Therasoft you cannot get a copy of your records, with a fee, of course. Instead if you want access to your files, which in my case is 7-10 years, you MUST PAY THEM $200.00 A YEAR!. No other ehr medical records hold a subscriber hostage in order to get access to files and comply with law of mandatory keeping records for 7-10 years. This is outrageous in that you are trapped into paying this ongoing fee.

Therasoft handles most of our needs but has flaws

Pros - it electronically handles insurance, it autofills, customer service is always helpful, the programming department is always willing to make changes to better fit our needs, they are ICD-10 ready! :) Cons - it is not very user friendly. We have a very unique practice, so I understand that finding software for our particular needs is going to be tricky. I appreciate all that therasoft...

Cons

Thank you for your detailed response, Jeni! Our client's input helps us grow and improve. I know that we have spoken about some of your concerns in the past and addressed some that you had. We do have some great improvements in the works. I think those will address more of the items you have mentioned. Let me know if you would like to schedule some time to meet to discuss things further.

Pleased with Therasoft - 10 years

Pros

The system is comprehensive. Everything that I need is built into the system. Also, the customer service and training departments are awesome, they respond right away and they provide assistance to make sure that I get what is needed. They will customize lots of the features for my office.

Cons

Everything that I need and things that I have not thought of are included in this system. I have cons about Therasoft.

Good EHR Platform

Ease-of-use and convenience are the top benefits of Therasoft. Support is responsive to issues.

Pros

I decided to go with Therasoft for my private mental health practice due to the EHR having prepopulated treatment plan goals and objectives that are based on the Wiley Treatment Planner's goals and objectives. Other EHR's did not have this built into their product and I decided to go with Therasoft because I felt it would save time plus having the convenience of an all in one platform to handle my billing, payments, notes, payroll.

Cons

The server can sometimes be slow to respond.

Help can't get in

Pros

Easy to see the schedule. I don't have anything else to say

Cons

Problems getting access, hick ups that need fixing regularly

Therasoft and Web Site Review

It was wonderful. I was worried about creating a site and linking it to an EHR. The web developers were highly responsive and answered all questions I had. The developers along with my account manager made a stressful process much easier.

Pros

It’s easy to use and the tutorials that are online are very helpful. I appreciated that the team conducted a video and call for the setup and questions.

Cons

Initially It didn’t seem like it would be easy to navigate. After my call I had a much easier time.

Therasoft

It's good for solo practice as well as groups; from appointments scheduling to billing. I am able to meet with couples as well as individuals. I am not sure how I would offer group sessions online as I have not yet used it for this modality.

Pros

Therasoft is fairly easy to use. It is perfect for the solo practitioner as billing, accounting, and reports are easily generated with the click of a few buttons.

Cons

I'm still not well-versed on the various features. However, I am able to reach out for support when needed. I am happy when I am able to reach someone live and not wait for the response to a ticket as some problems often need immediate resolution, i.e., being unable to connect to a client.

I like the system and it meets my needs. It is affordable and that is important as well.

All-in-one place for services.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the attendance and progress notes format. I also like some of the assessment templates. I like the electronic signatures and the fact that it is tied to billing

Cons

I love the online sessions function but the picture quality for the provider is very bad. Also, the group notes are difficult. I used to use the group tab but then it does not show on the regular attendance and progress notes tabs. There must be a way that groups can also be on normal calendar and attendance.

The absolute best Mental Health EHR on the market!

Overall, I just love Therasoft Online. They have streamlined, organized, and enabled me to complete and monitor clinical and administrative tasks with efficiency and ease. This has allowed me to focus and spend more time on what I love and do best....provide therapy to some really awesome people.

Pros

I have been using Therasoft Online for the past 8 years. I am long overdue in giving them my two thumbs up. I can not begin to express how pleased I am with this software. Therasoft Online offers a big product to the small private practitioner. It is a high-end software at an affordable price. Therasoft Online is comprehensive in terms the numerous features that it offers (i.e., registering,...

Cons

I really love the apps, but would like more functionality and integration. I am unable to see my client's secure messages and I can not see appointments confirmed by the client.

Liking Therasoft more and more after more than a year

I am the sole practitioner in my private practice and use Therasoft for storing client data, electronic billing, tracking and billing for co-pays, text or email reminders to clients about appointments, and encrypted emails for confidential information. Therasoft works FOR me - because Therasoft works WITH me!

Pros

1. Customer service is patient, straight forward, individualized and makes a consistent effort to be responsive. 2. Over the past year, Therasoft has made changes to their staffing system to increase availability after hours - which is especially important to me as there is a significant time difference between our respective locations. 3. There is no pressure to add more services than you need....

Cons

Occasionally, there are technological problems that can only be resolved by the developers. In fairness, these tech problems have been minor (not major - no lost notes, files, whole narratives). One of these problems was resolved only after about 6 months. I was persistent about it and appreciated that my persistence was treated in a matter of fact manner rather than an irritant. Admittedly, I wondered if they were really working on it. But then, one day, it was resolved - no fanfare, just fixed.

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to Review our Company. I am sorry you had some difficulties with your documentation. We have made some changes for autosave so if there is any internet connection or other problems our system will autosave what you have completed up to that point. Glad you are able to make the software work for all your needs to do the job you love. Many Thanks, Petra

Disappointed

Disappointed doesn't begin to state the way I feel about this company. In the beginning they were awesome. Now not so much at this time. To begin with it is very expensive for what you get. Next customer service is lack luster to say the least. Every time I call most of the time my issue is not resolved and I am told I will check on that and get back to you. The majority of the time nobody does...

Pros

It is good for clinical documentation.

Cons

Difficulty with splitting payments Slow speed and I thought it was just my WIFI, but it is the same no matter what wifi I use Poor problem resolution Unable to address other specific situations Unable to pull a list of progress notes for all clients

Comments and Suggestions

Therasoft offers a sophisticated integration of all the main functions of a busy psychotherapy practice and is scalable to the size of the practice. The software itself incorporates easy user access to functions, customization of documents and the ability to upload your own documents. It is state-of-the-art in terms of web usage, HIPAA security & backup, and integration with external software and...

Pros

Therasoft takes advantage of web-based technology and the "cloud" environment in three major ways: First, the system seamlessly integrates appointments and calendar functions, billing functions (electronic billing, electronic EOBs), credit card, and EMR chart components. Second, the Therasoft system integrates the familiar features of, and interfaces with, popular information management systems like...

Cons

The biggest con of the Therasoft system is that it is on the cutting edge of web-based systems and is, consequently rough around a few edges. Whereas all the components operate as advertised, there are idiosyncrasies within functions that one wishes were more smoothly operational. For example, Therasoft provides an innovative display method for the main calendar that allows users to see, at a glance,...

Great for basic services, the customer services is awesome but could use some improvements

My recommendation of the software depends on the size of the business utilizing it. For 1 or two provider businesses that are not or do very little with insurance, it is great

Pros

It is very focused towards the private therapist who deals a little or not at all with insurance. It is very easy to schedule an appointment and bill to insurance. They also work with you to help get the EOB's integrated and EFT set up so receiving payments is super easy too. The drop down menus are easy to navigate and pretty straight forward. They also give you some reports that are helpful to maintain a healthy business and provide training videos on some functions that aren't intuitive.

Cons

From a legal and financial standpoint, things could be improved. The software is very focused on documentation the clinical side of things but not the financial. There is currently no way to record credit card payments if you don't use their system other then the "other" selection. It does not record changes made in the system to the patients payment accounts (ie insurance paid but then took back the...

Therasoft is a personal assistant for the disorganized therapist!

Overall the program offers the therapist a way to organize his/her work. It helps me to dot my i's and cross my t's so that in the event of an audit I know that I have collected all of the required information. The support staff have been very responsive and willing to take the time to answer questions. Therasoft is a company that is willing to implement the suggestions given by its clients and that...

Pros

The program is comprehensive-from start to finish. Registering the client is very easy and the forms automatically put information in the system where I need it. The billing is very easy and really is one just one click! The treatment plan section does help simplify and organize my work with clients. The system is very smart and easy to use once you learn all the details and all it has to offer. I'm still discovering new features all the time that helps to make my life easier. INNOVATIVE is the main word to describe this system.

Cons

The calendar squares are too small. I wish that I could click on a client's name and then be in their individual system with a VERTICAL list of their personal info, assessment, tx plan, medication,progress notes, discharge summary, and payments. This would be an easier set up as I often get confused having to click all aroundclient lists when working on one client's information. Therasoft definately...

Therasoft EASILY & COMFORTABLY meets ALL OF MY NEEDS as a solo practitioner. Major Kudos!

It has helped me to be better organized and thus feel less stressed. Having everything now available in my telephone app is the icing on top of the Therasoft cake. The creator of this program and his/her hand picked staff deserve my heartfelt thanks!!!!

Pros

I love how help is so available from the support staff. Not only are they knowledgeable but for less tech-savvy individuals like me, they are patient and provide guidance in a manner that helps build my confidence in going forward. The program is very user-friendly and intuitive. Therasoft has also done an excellent job in providing ( as well as anticipating ) all of the ingredients necessary to...

Cons

Perhaps, in the future, Therasoft might consider developing a platform to dictate notes and appointments instead of my having to type them (for the computer as well as for the app)......just a thought.

Hi there! Thank you so much for the kind review we sure appreciate it. I wanted to let you know we do have this option to dictate. Give me a call 888-435-8203, and I can teach you how to-do this. You will need to download dragon dictate and also have you checked out our app? it's called Thersoft download this in your app store on your phone and you can dictate on their as well. Again thank you for the review. We are very excited to be a part of your practice and help you be successful. Petra Vaughn

Practical Features and Great Customer Service

Pros

The software helps me stay organized in my practice by having scheduling, billing/payment, and charting all in one easy location. I use it daily and one of my favorite features is the email or text reminder option for clients as it has helped to cut down on missed appointments. I've rarely had questions over the two years I have used it, but when I do, the customer service response is quick and professional.

Cons

The feature for providing superbills to a client's family member (alternative email) was tricky to use at first.

Great features, needs work.

It's difficult to think of a more comprehensive software available for therapists to run a private practice, in terms of variability of options for charting, assessments, and treatment plans. It also excels in terms of its intuitive interface from the calendar, which makes it very easy for new therapists to learn. We've been using Therasoft for over three and a half years and, on the whole, have a...

Top Notch Product & Customer Service

Therasoft has made running electronic remittance (ERAs) a breeze between insurance providers. There is a fluidity that makes billing less stressful and easy to manage. Therasoft's layout provides the therapist total command over the note taking, billing and scheduling processes. The customer support works diligently and patiently by your side the first couple weeks until you really feel a sense of...

Pros

The ease of understanding processes and flow, user-friendly navigation, the common sense layout, the unbelievably helpful customer service line and the video tools for troubleshooting.

Cons

The billing portal. It would be most helpful if the software system allowed hyperlinks to be pasted into the messages sent on the electronic invoices to clients.

Thank you for the good feedback, we appreciate it! Also did you know that on the Client billing statement you are able to send an email out to the client with a pay now button? You are also able to send a hyperlink for the patient to be able to pay, call us and we will teach you how. We also have a client portal the client can log in and also pay on their account. Many Thanks Therasot

THERASOFT IS A LIFE SAVER FOR A SOLO PRACTIONER

see above

Pros

* offers so many administrative, billing, and clinical tools that help me stay organized and manage my time well * has EXCELLENT customer support, which is essential for a solo practioner with limited computer skills; they are friendly, patient, and helpful to resolve issues * is HIPPA compliant * is very affordable and cost effective * could transition to electronic records and utilize different components of the program at my own pace

Cons

* when i started, the video tutorials on how to use the different tools were minimal and i relied heavily on customer support; thankfully, this has changed over the months; step-by-step teaching tutorials are very helpful in learning how to use this comprehensive system; this along side the excellent customer support greatly reduces the frustration and the ability to stick with the learning process * the accounting program is functional but somewhat confusing, especially the ability to track client payments

I have used this system for over a year. I honestly don't have any complaints about this system.

Easy to use and allows me to focus on other priorities

Pros

I like having everything bundled with one company. I like the convenience that this service provides having access to records on any device connected to the internet without having the records stored on that device. I think they go far beyond my expectations for any customer service with the time they took teaching me about the system all the way through. I can still contact my customer service rep today and she would be there to answer any of my questions. The system is easy to use and includes absolutely everything I need for my small private practice from website, records, I can store educational materials, They have added hippa compliant video services but I have not used them, I can even let them become my billing department and have yet to have any issues with insurance.

Cons

I wasn't a fan of the mobile app, it just felt different to me but I can very easily open it up in a web browser on any device so not that big of a deal.

Hi Robert! Thanks for taking the time to review the software. Working with you has been great! Tiffany

Excellent, simple and intuitive software, and great people to work with.

Simply put, since I made the decision to utilize Therasoft, my productivity has gone up by an average of 6-7 clients per week. Therasoft removes the frustration of dealing with insurance, posting payments, etc., and allows me to focus on marketing and on providing sound, quality care. They are excellent people to work with, and many have been or are in the helping field themselves, which help provide...

Cons

Thank you Michael for the great review! It is always a pleasure to work with you.

Efficient use of data from registration, to notes to billing.

Pros

Efficient use of record keeping. Easy accessibility with the phone app. I appreciate how you can add insurance instead of only having a record of one insurance. I appreciate how the Therasoft includes insurance feedback about amount paid and amount owed for each session.

Cons

More efficiency. There are multiple clicks. So when I click regarding registration, I wait a while before I can click bill insurance. I wonder if any of the buttons can be grouped or quicker without delay? Its hard dealing with any lag time at the end of the day or between doing other tasks. I would also appreciate more efficiency when I call for help. Most often someone is not available and when I can a call back-its at a random time and the person does not address my question over voice mail, nor gives me a specific time that I can reach that person. So theres some frustration around accessibility for help. Once I reach someone, the service is great.

Excellent Integrated Softward with Amazing Customer Support for Psychotherapy Notes and Billing

We are extremely pleased with Therasoft and highly recommend their software package and support services to our colleagues in the business of providing quality mental health services.

Pros

Therasoft offers a unique package that includes client demographics, attendance, calendar, notification and billing capabilities. Medical records forms are customizable and efficiently generated. Customer support for all phases of the product from software customization to insurance billing and follow-up is excellent. Utilizing their integrated billing and claims management services have resulted in our business receiving steady income that increases cash flow dramatically. In particular, services by our dedicated claims representative [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has helped our start-up to get to the next level in our service provision and financial strength.

Cons

We have not identified any downside to utilizing this software package with customer support for integrated client management and insurance billing.