All categories

TotalMD

Full-featured medical billing software

TotalMD Reviews

Pros

Super friendly and helpful. Support is always easy to get ahold of, If I have ever had any issues they have been able to find a solution quickly.

Angel V.

Ease of use of the software product and superior tech support. Whenever I have a question, someone is always available to help me resolve my issues.

Mark W.

Great software, wonderful technical support and fabulous training!!!! Customer support is their mantra.

Christi H.

Cons

A "total" disaster of implementation, conversion, and efficiency. We trashed it as a "total" loss.

Jeremy K.

Small Icons, No way to enlarge fonts, Received texts do not show patient's name, No patient recall for lost patients.

Mark C.

The worst part about switching programs is that first few months when people are trying to learn and understand the new program. For us, with TotalMD it was as easy as 1,2,3.

Ganesh H.

4.4

TotalMD Review

I have been with TotalMD since 2008 so as they have grown and added features I have been able to grow with them. I miss the youtube videos on the new features or highlighted features they always gave me ideas and another way to consider how we did things.

Pros

I like the ease of use this software has. The reason I purchased this software was because it was so close to the Medisoft software I was using at my current job but had the added feature of if I made a mistake in payment or data entry I could easily delete what I had done rather than having to do extra data entry to reverse my accounting mistake. I also love the support team they are always very helpful and knowledgeable.

Cons

Not being able to easily make changes to reports needed for a specific office or provider. The other item is the hours technical support is available as I am on CST and they are on MST/PST time depending on daylight saving time. I wish the office messenger worked across the board no matter what provider I am signed into, being a billing service this feature would be really helpful as internal messaging system but it doesn't work for us because we have so many providers.

Hi Sarah, Thank you so much for your review! We are thrilled that you are enjoying the software and the support you receive. We appreciate your feedback and we'll share it with the team. We do plan on continuing to provide helpful content, so it's great to know you enjoy the videos! Sincerely, Shayna Beasley, TotalMD

GREAT SOFTWARE

I have had very little problem with TotalMD. I have a rep that calls and checks on me often which is really nice. She then communicates to the programmers to get my issue resolved.

Pros

I used Medisoft for 20+ years and this was easy for me to set up and use. I bill for Clinics, Emergency physicians and Mental health providers . They have worked with me on reporting and any issue I find.

Cons

Some reports were wrong and some they could not do for my company. I was used to certain codes IE: for collection purposes and that has not worked out. Hoping the new updates will correct this.

Private practice use since 2009

Pros

It provides all the capabilities needed to create 1500s, electronically edit and send them, make corrections, post payments, and keep track of balances.

Cons

It definitely has lots of bugs. Having designed software before I became a doctor, I appreciate the complexity of the multi level platform. It takes time and motivation to surmount many of them. I have to pay for support, for example if I have a question about technique, I have to buy a punch card of how many calls I am allowed. I have to pay for training if i hire yet another biller. I am now doing my own billing and can figure out most of it, but there are still balances that are off and inaccurate statements. It is a headache but hard to change.

Dear Sally, Thank you for your review of TotalMD. We appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to address your concerns. TotalMD makes every effort possible to thoroughly test and release error free software. On occasion, as with any software program, our customers may encounter instances in which the software does not perform as they expect. We value and encourage this feedback from our clients...

Medical Software

Increased productivity due to the structure and constant attention to updating the system freeing my time up for quality customer service.

Pros

Total MD is easy to use and amend to fit your practice needs. Technical support is prompt and efficient in resolving any issues or modifications necessary. Support information is updated regularly with the industry changes. Customer support for training has always been available and of value.

Cons

Being a smaller entity and secondary to our practice closing in June of 2021 due to retirement for [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], we have not utilized all the available features but definitely see the value and increased productivity that would be available to a practice, big or small.

TotalMD has got me where I am today, a business owner!

TotalMD has given me the opportunity to grow my business, I have referred several people to them that have been frustrated with their systems, it truly helps us small business owners! I can work with ease, if there is an issue support is always helpful, which that in itself is a bonus, without a good support system you are left to fend for yourself and that never happens with TotalMD support.

Pros

The price, without the price of this software I might not be able to own my own billing company. I managed medical offices for years and implemented a lot of systems and this one is easy to use, when I had employees they could use it with ease. When you are a billing service you have several different clients and the fact that I do not get billed for each client makes it so that I can actually have my own billing company, TotalMD gives us that chance to grow, even after I grew I stayed with them because I could not see where any system could be better, I have had several Software companies try to lure me away but that will never happen!

Cons

The reporting, it has improved a lot from when I first started with them years ago but there is room for improvement still.

Thankful

They have been a real life saver. My last program was discontinued and I was panicking because of my lack of knowledge of computers. They have been so helpful and very patient with me. Great bunch of people in all of the departments.

Pros

I do not even have a computer at home, so I am not familiar with how the really work. Most people say "If I can learn it you can". Well I really mean it.

Cons

I wish the font was bigger. I also wish I could print out a simple patient list.

Very Happy Customer

They are always very helpful.

Pros

The ease of getting support when needed.

Cons

I don't feel that I got enough training.

I like TMD

Pros

It is an excellent, easy to use product. It is very stable, with very few "glitches" (although some do exist). I love the integration with Trizetto, which is another excellent product.

Cons

The reports are not very good and when we set up, we had alot of problems that had to be dealt with during our training period, consequently our training was a little poor. However, it is pretty straight forward, so a lot of training is not really needed. We use Amazing Charts as our EMR and the HL7 is only one way, so we have to schedule in AC, not TMD. TMD has an awesome scheduler, which we cannot use.

Almost a year later...still satisfied.

TotalMD provides what I need to perform billing for both hospital and office practices. It's easy to use, has a great support team as well as customer service team. The account rep calls quarterly to check in and to see if there are any issues. Over the past year I have dealt with implementation, tech support, training and customer service and everyone has always been extremely nice, helpful and always followed up with me. What a great team!

Pros

The system is easy to use and user friendly. Since no one is perfect, the system allows you to make corrections fairly simple.

Cons

The report area is fairly basic in the output. There are several ways to get useful and needed information but the reports are not in a presentable format. I would love to see some updates to the reports presentation.

Hi Lisa, Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. We're glad that you are finding TotalMD easy to use! Regarding reports, we will be making some updates with the next version of the software. Looking forward to your feedback once that is available!

CISTOMER SUPPORT

Pros

THE EASE OF OPERATION AS WELL AS CUSTOMER SUPPORT FROM [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Cons

THE ONLY ISSUES THUS FAR ARE THE NAMES OF THE REPORTS. OTHERWISE THE SYSTEM WORKS FINE FOR MY NEEDS.

This is definitely the best Medical Billing Software

Total MD has been a very pleasant experience for me. This is not a software to get just because it is affordable. This is literally the best out there. Medical Billing is an awesome profession, and you want to start out with the best. You don't want to waste time going through different companies. Trust me, I did. I lost a lot of money on two systems that was supposed to be far superior and cost way more and it was a nightmare trying to use them. I have been with Total MD for years and I cannot imagine using something else.

Pros

The software is very easy to use. You do not have to jump around all over the place just to get all of the patient information, it is right in front of you. The patient info is also very easy to put in. My favorite thing is definitely the reports. I can get any report that I have ever needed, and I have had many customized and my doctors love the reports that I am able to give them. Charges super easy to enter. Just an easy system to do billing on.

Cons

I guess what I like least would be, although the reports are customizable by calling a support rep, I wish they were easier for the customer to customize without having help from support.

Hi Sherry, Thank you so much for your review! We're glad you're enjoying TotalMD. We appreciate your feedback about reports. We will give that feedback to our product team. Thanks again!

Nothing bad to say about the software. It is an excellent product.

Very easy to learn and use. Fair price. Excellent tech support. Being able to use it from any computer, even when I was abroad.

Pros

Very easy to learn (we are all women in the mid 50's, some with little comp experience). Switched from Medisoft in 2015, and a couple of weeks later, we were asking ourselves, why didn't we do the change 5 years before. It makes insurance and patient billing extremely quick and accurate. The tech support in AZ is great, and they all have the patience of monks. We have to call maybe twice a year now with questions, since they are no glitches. I love the fact that we can get access to it from every computer. Also, we will be signing for EMR with TotalMD (after previously checking other software), and I have no doubt that it will be as easy to work and as well supported as the billing part.

Cons

Sometimes the wait time when we call tech support, however once they are in the line, we have their undivided attention until the problem is solved.

TotalMD gives our clients high-performance billing and practice management efficiency, challenging systems costing thousands more.

This software is "bullet-proof" as far as data corruption is concerned, from what we've observed over the years, in comparison to other systems we support (Medisoft, Lytec, et al.) However, as with any software, we always insist our clients make daily backups.

Pros

Reliability, ease-of-use, error-reduction capabilities and high-performance collection tools have been a few of the many reasons so many of our clients have switched from Medisoft, AltaPoint, Lytec, Chiro8000 and more over the years. As a dealer, we enjoy the easy setup and very low support requirements of this product line. Continuous additions to TotalMD's free video library provide a wealth of knowledge for users to get the most out of their system.

Cons

For larger offices (more than 20 providers) there is a slight lag of performance if older equipment (servers, routers, etc.) is used. We always recommend an evaluation of current systems before performing an installation.

The best!

Did its job!

Pros

It's simple and affordable to use šŸ˜Š. Highly recommend it

Cons

Needs its own clearinghouse link to make it a bit more comfortable

Hi Nadezhda, Thank you so much for your review. We are glad that you found the system simple to use. TotalMD now has its own clearinghouse option. You can learn more about it here: https://youtu.be/G4yxXT3sffo Thank you again. We appreciate your business!

This reviewer only left a rating

We are a medical billing/coding company and work with numerous private practice specialty doctors. Prior to switching to TotalMD, our biggest complaint with the previous system was the lack of ease to use. Our employees would have to maneuver over numerous screens/tabs in order to find what they were looking for. The patient ledger was simply a nightmare! It was so difficult to match up "doc numbers"...

Cons

Easy to use but could use some updating for facility billing and report staff

If they did some updating on facility billing and found a new report writer (or provided customer support training to their existing report writer), I'd be much more comfortable recommending them to colleagues.

Pros

Easy enough to learn and easy enough to use. It's fairly customizable as far as viewing and some of the support staff can help accommodate issues.

Cons

They don't seem 100% ready for UB04 (facility) billing. They have one report writer and he always seems inconvenienced if we need help. He also refuses to work on any reports that were sent to us by someone else (within their company) or if we have had any changes made to the reports. We have found it very hard to get help from him and there are no other options when it comes to reports or forms (including a printed UB04 form).

Great Features at a Value Price

Pros

TotalMD is packed with standard features of many programs providers use in their office. However, TotalMD stands out with its ease of use and add-on features like TotalMD Communicator and Patient Portal. Both of which come at a low cost. By switching over to TotalMD as a host I get better customer service, timely software updates, and I've reduced my hosting and software cost by nearly fifty percent.

Cons

Nothing to dislike, the software is customizable to your specialty and it's easy to use.

Truly Total MD is the total package

Pros

I love that it's an all in one. No more having to run 2 or 3 different programs to schedule patients,run payroll and keep records. It makes it so easy to keep track of insurance information including which claims have been paid and which ones are still pending. It helps in scheduling so no more double booking and it efficiently keeps track of payroll because we all know a properly paid employee is a happy employee. Overall it makes my job so much easier and keeps the office running smoothly.

Cons

It can be a little slow in the mornings when we reboot the computers but other than that I have no complaints

This reviewer only left a rating

We are a busy 3 pediatric board certified doctors group in Flower Mound, Texas and we have been in practice for the last 24 years. Our old practice management software MEDX which we have used to manage all aspects of our practice was approaching to end of its life and we needed to replace it. About two years ago when we started looking for something to replace our previous practice management software...

Cons

Many great features for the price

Overall good value for the price. There are 3 levels of service/features/prices. We had a catastrophic failure of our previous practice management system and had to quickly choose software to meet our needs. The install was quick and smooth. Training was well done. Program is easy to use. The fully functional demo was a great tool to help us learn how to use the program before it was installed. The other practice management software venders we contacted had live demonstrations or demo videos you can watch but no fully functional demo to download and use. Being able to play with and learn on the demo helped us make our decision to go with this software. We feel like we chose the right software for our needs.

Pros

Great features, Easy to learn, Good training and support, Customizable Pages, Text reminders, Interactive real-time texting, Customizable scheduling templates, Customizable reports. There is a fully functional demo you can download and instantly play with. There are a number of training videos on YouTube. You can learn by watching these videos while playing with the demo before you buy anything.

Cons

Small Icons, No way to enlarge fonts, Received texts do not show patient's name, No patient recall for lost patients,

Diamond in the Rough

I love how they charge me by user instead of by provider. This allows me to serve small practices cost effectively.

Pros

A very feature rich program for an affordable price. They also have fantastic customer service and support that is completely US based.

Cons

I wish they had an address verification tool built into the software. I am told they will have that when the next version is released.

Great software but could improve in institutional billing

I currently use this software and am not considering leaving.

Pros

Mostly great customer service and fairly responsive. Our concerns seem to actually be taken into consideration. Claims submission is easy once completely set up.

Cons

They are not set up completely for institutional billing although there have been many improvements. We have not had access to submitting claims in ANSI format however one of our facilities has started beta testing ANSI claims for them so I don't see that being an issue in the future.

Review of TotalMD

Excellent product and service!

Pros

Cons

No thing that I dislike. The software product is easy to use and customer service is excellent.

This reviewer only left a rating

I own a small billing company and was just starting out when I needed a better management system. I have over 25 years experience in billing and management, in those years I have implemented several of the top of the line systems. I have to say that TotalMD has been the best and easiest by far, who would have known that an affordable system would be the best! I started with the basic and just upgraded...

Good Software

Great

Pros

The ease of usage and the customer service is great

Cons

Some times while typing in the account number, the screen would flip off it but once you hit Enter, the patient's account would pop up anyways. It was just typing where you could not see the curser.