All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Trillian

Instant messaging for healthcare systems of all sizes

visit website

Trillian Reviews

Joe S.

Read the full review
Ability to share attachments, ability to customize login info and visibility, mobile option. Group communication options are excellent.

Marianne D.

Read the full review
It was not sophisticated but worked really well for our work purposes and I loved the notification you received when someone started sending you a chat.

Anna H.

Sharena W.

Katie C.

Read the full review
It may have more functionality but it’s hard to find.

Leslie F.

4.8

We love this platform!

This solved a very hard problem for us. Our practice management system has a communication module, but it only goes Tx to front desk, the front desk can't reply! We needed to have a running conversation between tx and the front, and also for different people to interact privately or without conversation. We love working with this. Setting up was easy easy easy and tech support has been great with everything.

Pros

We love the ease of communicating safely across the office and when we are out of the office. The HIPAA compliant feature makes this a great tool for staying connected in a place where we would otherwise be running around on foot!

Cons

The PC chat window is a little confusing for us at times. We use different chat groups for different purposes and if someone is looking at the wrong group window they may not see what they want or may write in the wrong setting. It's not bad, but a highlight of what the window is might help. Also, I'd love to be able to set different sounds for different groups and users so I know what I have to jump for and what I can ignore for a while. I have to monitor activity, but don't always need to respond so I'd like to set sounds so I know what's what.

Good Product

Excellent.

Pros

Ease of use for employees, ability to pull archives for reports.

Cons

Unable to edit main group (we have two companies under the same umbrella), we'd like to change the name of the main default group to be more encompassing. Chat Disclaimer is sent with every message or none. We are wanting to send a disclaimer to each user at least once. Ideally, every time a new chat window between users is opened it should appear once. The price is steep, every year is getting harder and harder to justify the cost to my board with lesser costly options like Microsoft Teams, etc.

Simple to use

it is really fast and reliable

Pros

It is easy to set up users, and add new contacts to the list

Cons

it doesn't have a video chat or audio chat option

Easy To Use and train up

Needed a simple and easy to use app that didn't require my IT department to hand hold existing users and provide extended training for new users as we have many ever changing off-site contributors.

Pros

Very easy to use and new users pick it up quicker than most apps. Plus, continual upgrade & updates make Trillian the best instant messenger for business.

Cons

Do not believe Trillian has any functional flaws- Only suggestions have been minor cosmetic changes which they usually respond to in a timely fashion.

Excellent Communications Software

We love Trillian at work and find it so easy to communicate across departments in a large facility and also communicate when I am away from the office but need to be available to the whole team. Group messaging is especially helpful.

Pros

Cons

Would love more media content like gifs to spice it up!

Trilian for healthcare

The software is solid, secure, and easy to use. The support is phenomenal. Thank you Trillian!

Pros

The best solution for secure chat available. Works on desktop, laptop, and phone, so you can always get your messages.

Cons

Looking forward to voice calling. Everything else is wonderful

In 25 Years of Using Instant Messaging Software - Trillian is the BEST!

Great experience. Has greatly increased communication ability within the company! Great experience thus far!

Pros

Easy to use, small file size, quick, convenient

Cons

I haven't found any Cons in 2+ years of using this software.

Trillian is a great way for a team to comminucate

Improved communication within a team.

Pros

Trillian is a great solution for a team to communicate.

Cons

Integration with third party apps was not easy to figure out.

Looking for Good Chat Options? Trillian May be For You!

Trillian was a simple way for my teammates and me to communicate, stay on top of projects and tasks, and collaboratively discuss happenings in our various offices. It helped us keep connect personally, which in turn helped us grow as a team professionally.

Pros

I want to be up front - I no longer use Trillian. It was the chat software of choice at my office five years ago when I began working there, but we eventually cycled through two options before landing where we are now (RingCentral, which is another ballgame). I though Trillian was a great option for chatting with team members in various locations (or within the same office without getting up). Working...

Cons

When I was using Trillian, it did not have a very robust document collaboration function. My guess is that by now, Trillian has addressed this issue and has grown into cloud computing in the same way that other chat/collaboration tools have. Besides this one observation, I'd say I had no complaints about Trillian, and in fact truly enjoyed using the software.

Simple, Does the Job, Few Features, But Reliable

The marketing company that I work for as several "older" souls who aren't too savvy with Project Management Chat Software quite yet. Having this tool as a way to keep in touch and ping teammates has been helpful.

Pros

At first, I thought Trillian was just a sad AIM wannabe that the company I am working for wanted to relive the 90's with. As I got acclimated, I got used to the chat service. It's pretty simple to use, I enjoy the emojis, and having the historical chat messages archived has been a life saver.

Cons

I am patiently waiting a gif search and embed feature. Sometimes words and emojis just don't do the trick, and you need to harness the Michael Scott saying "NO NO NOOOO" gif to get your point across. I do occasionally have some issues with cross-platform synching. (when I chat via my desktop, the message isnt viewable on my iPhone/iMac), and since I switch hit from device to device, this can be pretty inconvenient.

Great IM Platform

Whenever I've contacted Trillian support, I've received fast responses and resolutions. The software is also fast and easy to use which means less training time for new hires.

Pros

I like you can choose to have your different chats in 1 window or separate. I like you can set your own status to something customized. I love the search function - it's quick to find people. I also like there's a mobile app.

Cons

When I sign into Trillian on my cell phone, my status resets to Online then I have to change it back to Away. I often keep my desktop up but need to walk away from my desk and use my mobile phone. I would like to have to option of your status showing in chat history. We put a lot of info in our status's. I would also like to see a few things merged such as Google calendar (so status's are updated automatically) and video conferencing.

Messaging and More Done Right

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the team are amazing. They've listened to our feature requests and delivered! We love trillian and our business depends on it heavily every day.

Pros

Trillian is a solid messaging app. The feature we use most is the pier to pier file transfers. No upload/download... just send a file straight to the person you need to. We send a LOT of messages and a LOT of files on a daily basis. Mostly large files. Trillian has been the most solid messaging app we have ever used.

Cons

The only thing I don't like about the software is you need to activate the mobile app (even if it's running in the background) when you step away from your desktop if you want to receive messages. I would prefer it just go to both locations simultaneously.

Awesome Program

My overall experience is that it does exactly what we need it to do and that is to communicate within the firm.

Pros

Once Yahoo Messenger was discontinued I had to find a program that worked similarly like it as this was what we used as a form of communication within our Law Firm. The layout was pretty much like messenger and it was easy to navigate. It is simple and easy to use. We like that we can attach photos, docs and notifications are on point. I receive them on my computer as well as on my phone.

Cons

The only con that I can think of is the emoji's, I wish it had a bigger variety.

A tried and True IM App that greatly facilitates communication in our organization.

Trillian has streamlined communication in our organization making it easy to reach out to people for quick questions or answers, pass phone calls , know people's status and presence, and just keep us all connected. We have built in messaging in our phone system but find Trillian a stand-out, stand-alone tool for intra office messaging.

Pros

ease of set up and use under multiple IM protocols. Simple for users to work with. Great support from developer.

Cons

The latest version for mac seems to take longer to get connected to its network than the older versions.

Trillian

5 star program, chat with whoever and have fun.

Pros

Here's a program that is unique. Trillian. When Yahoo Messenger went down and closed, someone told me about trillian and I downloaded to see what it would do. And I got to be honest, they should of made trillian over yahoo millions of years back because trillian is all in one best chat service around. I was impressed with the chat quality and the features of the program like emoticons, chatting, you can send pictures to your friends and family. I am so glad yahoo is gone because of spam bots and have never ran into that with trillian and im so glad to still be a member, and able to talk to my friends.

Cons

download time was rough but that might of been my computer had lag alot. But other than that trillian is best chat app around to talk to friends and family

Simple but Powerful

Pros

Once AOL became defunct, we switched to Trillian to communicate within our Corporation. The layout is easy to navigate, and has several customization options. Simple interface. I like the ability to attached documents and photos, and notifications are good.... meaning I rarely miss one. We don't use the feature, but it's possible to Add external account such as Facebook, and Google.

Cons

On associate complains about not being able to position the tabs horizontally. There is no delete function for the individual user. You can't edit or modify an IM once it's been posted.

Fantastic instant messenger

Love the experience. support is an instant message away which is amazing. I have had issues resolved in less than 5 min which is a life saver when running a business.

Pros

the screen shot option is a life saver. as well as the new instant messenger to sms feature. I was able to use my landline to send text messages. I work in a location that has no reception so this allows me to text customers/coworkers without having any reception.

Cons

The android app. it is glitchy and laggy. it still does the job but could be much better.

Must have!!

Pros

I love that my contact list can be docked to the right of my computer screen, this allows me to know at all times who is available, who has left for the day, or who can not be disturbed. Another Pro is that I can make as many group chats as I need to this allows me to be able to talk to multiple people instead of have a bunch of different one off convos, also you can name your group chat which is amazing!!

Cons

Trillian has not come out with a redacted feature yet but I am hopeful that will come out in the future.

Office Use

Pros

Ease in which to connect with team members. We are not all the same floor, making communication more difficult. Because we can connect via Trillian, we are able to keep up with our fast paced office and not skip a beat. Ability to review history is a must for our company!

Cons

While it is a business app/program - bringing some fun into to help us get through the long days would be great! What that would be exactly? I'm not sure...

Trillian is a great tool with a lot of potential

So far I had a good experience using trillian, still trying to adapt from Slack which had more rich features.

Pros

Love the group chat feature and the simplicity in creating channels.

Cons

The multiple task manager tabs, and escaping characters in messages, as well as the auto copy on select feature.

Perfect for Staff Communication

This product was instrumental in better communication between employees at our two locations. We were able to problem solve and track inventory much quicker by searching chat history.

Pros

Loved the capability to search chat history - helped immensely with inventory and tracking our products

Cons

Wish it had the option of not showing when you were mobile (maybe it did?) Emoticons seemed a bit outdated but those weren't necessary for effective work communication ;)

Great for our uses, but could do with a few feature updates

Our communication has improved, we were previously using walkie talkies, which while helpful, became distracting. Trillian is a more subtle way of communicating during clinic. Unfortunately, with this trillian is sometimes not noticed immediately by the user and so a way to distinguish urgency would be incredibly useful.

Pros

Ability to communicate in the moment with our team, ability to set up different groups, customization of notification sound/location

Cons

could do with a way to notify different levels of urgency in terms of sound and appearance

Great IM Software and Service

I've been using Trillian for 12+ years. I used to use it as just an IM client for multiple chat services, but I've transitioned our company into using Trillian Business and I LOVE IT. It's easy to add/remove users, look at chat history, and send messages to certain groups or my whole company. It definitely makes doing business much easier!

Pros

Easy to use, ability to message groups/entire company, chat history availability and search

Cons

I cannot think of anything I don't like!

Dependable and feature rich.

It was easy to set up a few questions I didn’t have your answer very fast by the courteous staff.

Pros

Ease-of-use end it has all the features we needed our company.

Cons

No cons I can think of. It does everything we need and more.

Great Product!

It's great for even a smaller office and to be able to communicate with your coworkers while you have a customer right in front of you

Pros

Ease of use, to be able to do group chats, No Ads!

Cons

There is not much we don't like about this software

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.