Visual-Eyes Logo

Visual-Eyes

Practice management software for optometry businesses

Visual-Eyes Reviews

4.0

Rating criteria

Reviews by rating

The invoice and accounting are great too. The customization is really good too.
Customer Service is fantastic, software is easy to use and comprehensive enough.

DW

David W.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

What is your data worth?

Visual Eyes is the most comprehensive optometric management software out there. We have been a client since 1999 and it keeps getting better and better. No software can guarantee 100% up time but Visual Eyes is close and we have never had a data corruption or lost any data. Pricing may appear high but I figure I can replace anything in my office in the event of a catastrophe except my data - that is...

Pros

Visual Eyes is customized for your individual practice.

Cons

The setup process is not difficult but must be done thoughtfully to maximize efficiency and to maximize the use of your data.

AW

Amy W.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

VE Review

Overall experience with visual eyes has been good. I came from using another software program at a previous clinic which was far more complicated and did not have the ability to be customized at all. I have also trained lots of users on VE and find they adapt to the program quickly with very little issues.

Pros

One of the things I like the most about the VE software is the ability to customize from a clinic level. Whenever I need to alter anything I can do so easily and quickly and have the changes implemented right away.

Cons

One of the things I like least right now is the rx screen. I find its very cluttered and overwhelming for new users. I do realize that a lot of it is due to the lens ordering system. But I find that there are a lot of unnecessary boxes and it could be cleaned up a bit. I am hoping there will be an option (at some point) of customizing this screen on a clinic level along with the other customization features within the program.

CC

Chris C.

Avoid this one at all costs. Interface is clunky and difficult to use.

Horrible horrible system to use. It's flakey and bug ridden, overly complicated interface and the most recent update makes it even more needlessly complicated. This program is embarrassing to try to use in front of a client. One of the worst things is how this ridiculous program thinks it's smarter than the person running out when it very obviously isn't. Customer care is there, but the guys are overly taxed and it takes as long as two or three days to have then return a call, though they usually do. The fact that home office is located in Red Deer, Alberta should be your biggest clue that the people creating this Mickey mouse program are rank amateurs. By eye doctors for eye doctors..... No, stick with what you know.

JG

Jeff G.

Visual Eyes - Optimized for Optometrists

Excellent customer support. Each question/query/feature request is addressed in a timely and very professional manner.

Pros

The software functionality is very powerful and many aspects of it are customizable at the practice level. Optometrists all practice differently so being able to tweak the functionality to meet our particular needs is very important to us. They are continually adding new features to the software based on user feedback and industry trends. Over the past few years, their patient communication system and online booking features have evolved such that it is very easy for patients to communicate with our office and book appointments online - they removed the friction found in many other systems and made it super easy for patients.

Cons

Nothing really. The software is very powerful so there is a bit of a learning curve. However, everything we want it to do, it can.

am

amy m.

Individual & Family Services, 1-10 employees

Happy customer but needs a bit of work

I do like it and it is great to use but I wish yearly or every 6 mths you would do a suggestion that would love to be seen

Pros

I am a real supporter of visual eyes...there is so much good in this program and it is only getting better....I really like I really love the fact that if a pt has 2 appointments on that same day the appointment boxes light up...…

Cons

1. how to do the reports or how to create reports....this could be soooo much better 2. I hate the fact that with blended families people have different names I wish that all the boxes who are assossiated with that FAMILY on that day would light up... 3. the invoice split payments are great however I wish you could print invoices from this screen....I wish you could do this on cash and I wish you could transfer credits to other peoples invoices without crazy amount of steps....

DS

Dawn S.

FAB Software and Support

We REALLY appreciate the techs on the other end of the phone! From the day we hunkered down over a full weekend with no patients to learn the software to today, we have had great support. I also like that the program is ever-evolving.

Pros

Easy to use - makes sense. It reminds us when we have left something out or when we need to add something. I also like the updates - no fuss no muss and all through the server.

Cons

Not being able to see the top of the Rx orders without dragging down the side bar.

SS

Sabrina S.

Sabrina's Review

I have had a very good experience with visual-eyes. The staff are all very friendly and easy to deal with and are always able to solve our problems.

Pros

I like how user friendly the software and is very easy to train new staff.

Cons

The look is a bit outdated, there are a few glitches that always seem to be there but the staff is super easy to get a hold of and solve these glitches.

JS

Jennifer S.

Optometry office review

Good overall experience, we probably could try to utilize the benefits of customization more

Pros

The user interface is easy to learn for new staff for regular daily function

Cons

Input of new data into inventory and catalog applications are tedious and could benefit from having something more stream lined

RF

Rena F.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

My experience with Visual Eyes

Customer Service is fantastic, software is easy to use and comprehensive enough

Pros

Ease of use, the software is fairly thoughtful and is easy to train new staff on.

Cons

Some functionality, if we could send emails directly from the system, it would be nice.

SM

Sarah M.

Good with more to come

Very good with customer service. Willing to work with us to fix issue. Very happy with everything so far and can't wait for the contact lens inventory. Also general product inventory would be nice.

Pros

The online portal and the reports. The invoice and accounting are great too. The customization is really good too.

Cons

The exam portal can be hard to nagvigate. You cannot have multiple patients info open at one time. Wish all windows could resize to half the screen.

LN

Leslie N.

Visual Eyes Software Revies

Our experience has been good. Any questions have been answered

Pros

Great customer support. Was able to get any help I needed at any time.

Cons

The software is great my only complaint would be that custom reports and mail outs are difficult to perform on my own, Would like to be able to text our patients and was unable to hook up Visual Eyes with the company that wanted to do it for us. "Wish"

ad

annette d.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

visual-eyes

customer support is always fantastic, and errors are always resolved quickly

Pros

love the software! works well with our practice.

Cons

wish inventory issues were more easily resolved, and that i didn't have to call customer support every time

Amy R.

VE

I enjoy VE, very user friendly Love the text/email reminders

Pros

Very easy to use, tech support is very helpful.

Cons

Some features not available. For example .. save and print button

CS

Cindi S.

User friendly

Pros

The program is very user friendly and a breeze to teach new staff.

Cons

Nothing. Everything about the program has made work easier.

KM

K. M.

awful

I have worked with this program for about a year now in a large office with 6 doctors. It is one of the slowest and most time consuming programs I have ever used. It takes so much effort to enter information manually because almost nothing can be automated. It is a old platform and with every new update it just becomes slower and slower.The Inventory part of it is not good. The reports do not match- and it was not developed by someone who has actually worked in this industry. There are so many programs out there that let you automate orders, inventory lists, patient information, with newer technology, modern interfaces ( Client and customer friendly). If you can avoid using this...do it!