WebPT Logo

Everything you need to run a successful practice.

WebPT Reviews - Page 3

EH

Ellen H.

WebPT user review

WebPT is great because there is no need to purchase software, etc. WebPT is VERY labor intensive compared to other PT documentation systems. The upside is that you can count on WebPT to implement requirements into the software to help ensure compliance with Medicare, etc. I have considered leaving WebPT because it is so very time consuming to use as a documentation system. I wish it were more voice to text friendly with fewer tabs.

Pros

It incorporates regulations such as PQRS, etc.

Cons

It takes waa ay yy toooooo long to document anything. Too many tabs. A lot of redundancy. Not very voice to text compatible.

Hi Ellen, Thank you for taking the time to review us on Capterra. You mentioned wanting the ability to personalize templates, and I wanted to make sure you're familiar with the ability to create customizable templates within WebPT. The user guide for creating those custom eval profiles can be found here: https://community.webpt.com/education/user-guides/customized-initial-exam-user-guide/. I hope this helps you document faster! If you have other questions/concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to me at emily.ely@webpt.com. Thanks, Emily

SG

Shirley G.

Recommend!

Pros

This software is easy to use, easy to explain, and integrates well with our separate billing software. It automatically calculates the cap with associated MPPR rates which helps us keep track of the patient Medicare cap. The records are nicely formatted and you can tweek your settings to make documentation more efficient.

Cons

My biggest complaint about this product is having Medicare as a MSP. When Medicare is used secondary, it calculates the cap as if it were primary and does not allow therapists to enter the functional reporting G-Codes to their evaluations, recerts, etc. and this is an issue for our practice. We have reached out to WebPT and they could not suggest anything that would help, rather than something that would make it more confusing and our documentation less compliant. Hoping this becomes a feature in the near future as they are continually improving their software.

AH

Ashly H.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

WebPT is so user friendly and as a front desk worker it is the number one thing I look for.

An all inclusive program that is user friendly and allows me to do my job in a timely yet professional manner.

Pros

It is extremely user friendly. Everything I need to use is easily accessible or in a logical spot. With the new update I also like the addition of the blue i's for short cuts to useful information. I use this program at least 8 hours a day and sometimes even 12 hours. If a program isn't user friendly it effects my entire job and therefore patient interaction. With WebPT it makes patient interaction timely, and therefore impresses patients, and makes them trust that we know how to help them.

Cons

If I would have to answer this question, the only thing I can think of is that when I need to call tech support it is usually due to wrong visit counts or used authorized visits. This is extremely important so that I can keep the patient informed if we are running out of insurance visits, and authorized visits ensures we get paid for our services. We have a very caring staff, but we can't give away all our services for free or we won't make it as an office.

DS

Daniel S.

Poor customer service and questionable integrity!

I scheduled a free demonstration for 9:00 am today and was told that I would receive a call from the presenter. Received a confirmation email this morning just prior to 9:00 but no phone call. At 9:30 I more closely read the confirmation email which had instructions for me to call in and enter a meeting access code. I called customer service informing them of my confusion and to request another appointment....

Cons

Hi Dan, I'm sorry that we've had such trouble connecting! I spoke with both the sales rep who scheduled your demo as well as the customer service rep you mentioned. It sounds like there may have been a miscommunication on how the demo process works. We would love the chance to make this up to you, if you are still interested. Feel free to email me at emily.ely@webpt.com, and I will personally work to set this demo up for you. Again, my apologies. We truly strive to give our customers (and prospective users!) the best customer service. I hope to hear from you soon. Best, Emily

AS

Alexandra S.

Medical Practice, self-employed

Good for most uses

The good: the appearance is clean and the interface is functional. The fields with diagnosis, code, and other history are quite thorough. People other than rehab receive printed notes that are clear and easy to read. This professional appearance can be critical, for example, if Medicare or private insurance requests to manually review the notes to determine the appropriateness of therapy. The ICD-10...

Pros

The professional appearance. There is absolutely nothing wrong with an old-fashioned typed SOAP note and a hand-filled flowsheet, but I believe that a reviewer with a limited science or health background is more likely to feel that the therapist is professional and appropriate if the notes look modern.

Cons

The flowsheet is the least functional aspect of the software.

JC

Jeff C.

This reviewer only left a rating

As a physical therapist practicing for over 28 years, I have managed various PT facilites, treated in many settings, and have used many different documentation systems. I decided to open my own private practice last year and one of the best decisions I made was to use WebPT as my EMR! I researched and studied many systems and WebPT was at the head of the pack in so many ways. From compliance, to ease...

JJ

Jacob J.

WebPT

For anyone looking for a Physical Therapy Documentation software, WebPT is a good option. I am still not convinced it is the best on the market for web based software, so I am still looking for better.

Pros

Keeps you compliant, built in document faxing, scheduler is designed well, web-based to work from anywhere.

Cons

Too much scrolling and clicking. Still takes about 30 minutes to actually type up an eval from start to finish; Fowsheets are not built into daily notes, adding yet another window you have to have open while treating; Flowsheets are difficult to use in timely fashion; Development team Not very welcoming to new ideas for improving efficiency; Customer service leaves me stuck on the phone for over...

CK

Catherine K.

PT documentation

Overall, I am pleased with the product- more so the support that the team provides with current compliance in the documentation software an the support of the Executive team in training of rehab issues. Lately the phone support, chat support and email support have been slow- but like many other companies, staff is likely the main issue.

Pros

The calendar and scheduling options are easy to use.

Cons

The daily write ups are ok, I wish we could customize the options and simplify the write ups a bit more.

BH

Brian H.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

WebPT has made the transition to EMR easy and successful.

Pros

Clinical ease of use, efficient documentation, excellent customer service; owner and company is 100% dedicated to the field of PT and supports the APTA, PPS, PAC which is very important to me; Love the initiation of Rehab Nation to try and get WebPT users engaged and to learn from each other; a very Proactive company, Lots of great online material - blogs, webinars, etc.

Cons

Therabill was a complete disaster for us and we had to switch back to Kareo. Was rolled out way to early and was clear that it was not meant for PT (behavior health?) - hopefully over time this may change. The billing is frustrating that everything is a tack on charge. I am concerned that WebPT is growing too fast.

ip

irene p.

great and easy EMR

great easy , easy to use and show how to use

Pros

easy of use . I can use it mobile also. web pt send out reminder text and email to patients . all the medical documents are in one coinvent place. and if you need to move it to different tabs its easy and you dont need to print and scan it all over again

Cons

reminder text / emails to be in diff languages also the schedule to be able to print and email ( also in diff language _

JA

Jason A.

Webpt experience

every year it gets better , customer service is outstanding

Pros

soap notes template saved and easy to access , staff is training is fast because its easy to follow and understand

Cons

even though they update the tracking on what your staff does ei the making and deleting of an appointment just to look at what you just did in a simple form is what we wanted , its still very hard to understand what the person did on the report

MD

Mike D.

Bad decision

After the sale and contract signing, it has been poor. From failure to bill services for over 4 more months to failure to send accurate charges to our credit card to continual changes in personnel and poor communication between billing and customer service. I am very disappointed and now owe for months of service due to WebPT’s inability to maintain our account and payment method.

Pros

EMR- notes are relatively easy to create REACH is very helpful with keeping contact with patients and former pts

Cons

The components of WebPT do not communicate- EMR and billing. The billing program follows no standard accounting processes.

PI

Peggy I.

Hospital & Health Care, self-employed

Loved WebPT so much, I chose it for my own clinic!

Pros

Integrated notes without redundancies. Professional looking documentation that is easy to send to drs and case managers. Integrates with Therabill for billing.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a long time or several attempts to bring up a new note for a patient.

EC

Emily C.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

I couldn't be more impressed!

I have been using WebPT for just shy of 1 year now and I honeslty couldn't be more impressed with this platform! Not only does it provide you with a fantastic web based documentation system but the Marketplace will also provide you with a way to purchase awesome rehab equipment and supplies at a great discount compared to other avenues of purchasing! I've had great experiences with the company as far as customer service goes too! There is always a very prompt response to any of my questions or concerns and I feel like there is always someone at the corporate office for WebPT that has my back! A truly great platform for any physical therapy clinic!

Pros

Fantastic web based platform for documentation--easy access from anywhere! Easy to navigate and customize to make your documentation faster while still keeping it compliant.

Cons

The only thing I wish could be a bit better is the flow sheets that are used for tracking exercises and minutes spent on each activity. They are a bit more time consuming overall compared to the actual SOAP note itself but at least give you a great platform for being descriptive and compliant.

MS

Matt S.

This reviewer only left a rating

Change Sports Physical Therapy is in Huntington Beach, CA. I am a solo practitioner at the moment. WebPT has enabled my small operation to be backed by a bigger system. I have been using WebPT for a couple years now. I realy enjoy using it. I've used other EMRs in the past and they were very cumbersome- filled with meaningless checkboxes which you had to navigate through. I love WebPT because it...

EH

Erin H.

Supervisor

Pros

Easy to schedule patients, documentation on the Therapist end has been very easy to learn and use.

Cons

Waitlist works only about half of the time, bolder lines in-between the days on the schedule, a based on medically necessary option under visit/insurance information, dog ear on patients appts where we could track notes ie, request female, dry needling, only schedule one appt at a time.

AS

Ashly S.

User Friendly

Pros

I like that this product is very user friendly. It looks very clean, crisp, and organized. It is easy to find what I need and the short cuts are easy to use making my job more efficient and therefore more impressive to patients.

Cons

I honestly haven't run into any issues that I can think of as a receptionist. I schedule LOTS of appointments with this software and scan documents to patients charts and I usually have no issues. Every once in awhile the software does not count appointments correctly or something like that. I call customer service right away and they always take care of my concern quickly and are nice on the phone.

VB

Vicki B.

Speech-Language Use

It is my opinion that more work needs to be done to help speech-language pathologists. They should have the ability to remove the PT stuff and not have to scroll through when using Webpt. There is lots of potential with Webpt - would like to see more adaptation ability for individual owner.

Pros

The front office package works well. The system itself is pretty easy to use and train others on. I do like the look and feel of the system.

Cons

The product was created for PT and not Speech-Langage pathology therefore there is a lot of stuff to wade through that does not apply to speech-language. It feels like Speech-Language is an after thought. Plus you have to pay for WebPt and Threabill, even though they are integrated you have to access them in two differ places. We have to change our terminology to accommodate Webpt. We use SOAP notes, they use Daily Note.

KS

Katey S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Awesome program for Admin too!

Overall our clinic really enjoys WebPT. Coming from a software that wasn't geared toward Physical Therapy, to one that is, our lives are so much easier! They have great customer service reps and I have yet to have a bad experience with them.

Pros

It is so user friendly for the scheduling personale. From finding patients to finding out who hasn't been in for a while, with just a few clicks you can make the software work for you! And the ease of scheduling is so nice.

Cons

We don't bill through WebPT, so I don't like how we can't turn off some of the billing questions on the admin side of the program. Other than that, very few software problems ever!

PB

Pamela B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Restore's review

I went with a different company to save money but came back to WebPT because of its ease of use and its integrations with therabill and the credit card processing company. It saves so much time and effort for me as a therapist and for my front end staff.

Pros

The ease of use and the compatibility with the billing software and payment system for an all in one system

Cons

I absolutely hate how the AROM and PROM measurements are set up. They are hard to read and doctors do NOT want to fish through all of that extra type to find the measurements they need. It should only print the actual measurements you take and they should be reformatted in an easy to read table.

JD

Julienne D.

I love WebPT products

I live on Guam so there are unique challenges for us. WebPT has been helpful but it does not change the issues related to the time stamp issues. Downloading charts for documentation has been quite challenging for almost a year after one of their upgrades. However, I still use the program!

Pros

The ability to have a one stop webbase Program streamlines work! I like to shop, chart, and learn all in the same site

Cons

Because of my location, it creates time stamp and VPN issues. The charts take forever to open charts because the VPN takes a while to recognize my location. My IT guy says it’s a regional thing and a security thing... it is like we are a threat list!

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

I would not choose WebPT if it was the last PT software on Earth

Pros

Cons

Poor communication between my clinic and WebPT. We are going through a transition period to Athena and so far, WebPT has been nonexistent at best with their support. They have been intentionally ignoring myself and other employees at the clinic probably because they are losing a client. This is poor professionalism at its finest.

KC

Kimberly C.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

It is easier than my last product and designed for physical therapy.

Pros

It is easy to use and most tests and measures are available to document with a click.

Cons

Some tests aren’t available and daily notes have too much information on them that isn’t necessary. The canned text function doesn’t work well.

TL

Travis L.

This reviewer only left a rating

I am a co-owner of a 4 clinic, private outpatient orthopedic PT practice. We have 6+ PT's and as many PTAs. We were growing frustrated (as we have no IT department) with maintaining our own server and its security and were facing making a large investment to update, just to continue the way we were doing things. After careful analysis, we realized that we were just as frustrated at the way our former...

HH

Heather H.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

WebPT makes our life easier.

Pros

This software is comprehensive and we can fully rely on it. The scheduling component is well done, you can use it fully as is or personalize it. They have email reminders for appts. The documentation part is thourough too. Again you can use as is or customize it. They build in things to keep you compliant. Then the charges carry over to a few different billing options for in house billing done right.

Cons

The price recently went up a bit and that is a bit frustrating. But still worth it! Customer service is a bit slower than it used to be but always that day.