Campspot

Management and Reservation System for Parks and Campgrounds

visit website

Campspot Reviews

Pros

Campspot has been so awesome. This is all new for me, my operation is small, but they were so happy to help me get things rolling at the start.

Max D.

My partner and I, as new campground owners, have been able to pick-up the Campspot system pretty quickly and are so thankful to have a great team to help when needed.

Jessie C.

The support team for this system is amazing. They are always available and have a great team attitude.

Deb C.

Ernie H.

Julie A.

The inability to open cash drawer from point of sale with totaling an item.

Beth B.

4.8

Maximize Revenue!

Pros

- Less staff training time because the software is intuitive to use - Ability to have a lot of business rules set up - Lock in fees are boosting our revenue! - The ability to have all our marketing photos shown with their unit. - Golf carts and other ancillary accounts shown in the flow through has brought up revenue substantially since we started using Campspot. - Automated grid moving which allows staff to focus on other things - I really like the heat maps and the advanced reservation reprots that they have which show real time per unit site night information and site night revenue. From an operations stand point this is really helpful in making decisions!

Cons

Campspot is a relatively new software company, so there have been a couple small bumps along the way. But their responsiveness and willingness to make the software better for the user/staff as well as the consumer far outweigh any cons.

Customer support is AMAZING and worth 10 stars!

Far and wide our experience with Campspot has been amazing! We have increased with online bookings, and utilizing the deposit required feature for bookings, have drastically cut down on no-shows and lost revenue. Again, the customer service department is the best I have ever worked with across several business entities. Reporting is very good and diverse. Definitely recommend and champion Campspot within industry contacts and groups.

Pros

Our RV park was looking for a program with real time reservation capabilities. Campspot has this plus so much more! The set up process was very easy, and I felt like at any time I could contact my customer support rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], and she would either walk me through my questions, or just fix what was on my list. I think that the pricing is more than fair-charged for online reservations only. I like that I can set rules for reservations and pricing, and that it helps with exceptions pretty well. We have a small POS offering, and I think that system works well, but also see that it would work well for larger or multi-location stations as well.

Cons

I feel extended stay reservations(not seasonal) can be a bit cumbersome when the guest doesn't know the exact length of stay. Moving reservations can be very multi-step if you are just trying to trade 2 spots. I wish it kept track of last discount used, so you could verify if same, not have to ask each time like a repeat guest is not remembered. Not crazy about Card Connect, their required credit card processor. For as amazing as Campspot customer service is, Card Connect is at the opposite end of the spectrum. Wish we could use the processor of our choice.

Mixed Feelings

Pros

Price Some of the support team automation of emails to guests Guest can complete entire transaction online without phone call Reports

Cons

Took months to get current reservations on to the new system Lots of features available with other softwares seem to be impossible for this software Some of the support team is great but others seem to have the attitude "well, no one else has reported that problem" making you feel you're doing something wrong Glitches occur pretty often then fix themselves out of the blue Guests report difficulty understanding certain features

Management made easier

I chose and assisted in the backend build of our park. I've been involved from day 1 and made training our crew seamless with the additional support and webinars from Campspot. I wasn't ever on my own to figure it out - there is ample assistance along the way.

Pros

The most helpful feature in campspot is the algorithm for the booking chart. Having a blend of staff that are new to reservations and seasoned pros this makes the on boarding process that much easier while optimizing the grid.

Cons

It is missing the booking directly from the grid for the seasoned staff and you can not modify single admin hold if you booked multiple on hold sites. Minor in the grand scheme of things with all of the other features.

Campspot is made for the new normal

My experience with Campspot has been wonderful. The software is easy to use, very intuitive, and efficient when taking reservations over the phone. And I can't say enough about the exceptional customer service. Every request I have sent has had a quick response and resolution. The customer sat employees really make you feel comfortable asking any questions you might have regarding the use of the software.

Pros

The best parts about Campspot, to me, are the online check-in function, and the pencil-in-hold feature. Both are great for parks who have closed their offices due to safety concerns during the pandemic. Everything can be handled via email and it has streamlined my reservations and check-ins. I plan on using these features even after opening up my office again.

Cons

There is no way to offer a daily discount on the consumer site, so I ask my customers to leave a note during checkout with their discount affiliation. Most guests do not read most of the instructions I provide so I get a lot of calls asking how to get their discount applied. I would like to see a feature that allows guests to select their own discounts during online booking.

Campspot makes booking sites easy!

Overall, campspot is great. My staff was reluctant at first but now they are loving the new software!

Pros

I love the ease of booking a reservation on the backend as well as the online platform. Our guests are excited to be able to book anytime! The grid optimization is a key feature that has eliminated the manual “Tetris” playing we used to do with our grid. The lock site fee to most campers is a no brainer and the extra revenue from that has been excellent! We are very happy with campspot and the support from them has been amazing.

Cons

The billing features For long term campers could use a little work. Most monthly campers Are billed from the day they arrive until that day in the next month. The billing side doesn’t quite like that, and it causes lots of confusion from customers why we have to always edit their bill. I also wish you could choose which invoice to attach a meter reading to. I am finding them being doubled on reservations because they are attaching to the wrong monthly invoice.

Very happy with this software

Very happy!

Pros

Campsite lock fees are a great income generator! We can use from anywhere, even on our phones. Online reservations pay for the whole package!

Cons

Sometimes we want to try reports that are not available (yet), however, sometimes we see that they took our suggestion and made a report to show what we wanted to see.

Just What I Had Been Looking For

I had used a different program for about three years but always felt it was "old and outdated" for simplicity and ease of use. Campspot DEFINATELY made converting to their program a breeze. And the ongoing training and updates they send out shows customers they are committed to providing the BEST program to fit individual park needs and desires.

Pros

Favorite feature is PRICING! I cannot believe the value for this product. Campspot has incredible features for the price point. And the support team is super, especially while you are taking over and learning this program.

Cons

I wish converting Holds to actual Reservations was simplified.... I think they are working on this, but currently not simple. And while they have tons of reports, sometimes I cannot find just the right info I need. But support is helpful to getting the numbers I request.

So glad we chose this software

We are loving the accessibility of CampSpot. We feel they are excellent at continuously improving their software and genuinely listen to customers requests.

Pros

Online booking has been huge for our customers. Its easy for them to navigate around the software. We also love that we can access it from our mobile phones easily while out and about (especially during the off season).

Cons

I am patiently waiting for a texting feature. Also customized emails to our customers. I also would love the POS system to be more detailed and act like a true register system.

up there with the best

Great

Pros

After using several systems over the last 10 years, campspot has some of my favourite features, the grid style layout makes for a clear visibility of the calendar and reservations, using colour schemes for ease of use, the dynamic pricing option is fantastic and becoming more common within the industry, the grid / calendar optimisation is great for ensuring your park is full, also the support time are fantastic and quick to respond.

Cons

There are a few features i would like Campspot to develop or improve moving forward, the e-mailing templates are not quite mastered yet, the feature is there but we need to be able to edit and amend these as we see fit, not using standardised templates. Being able to drag and drop bookings on the calendar would be amazing. Overall it is a very good system for our needs

AWESOME Reservation Software

Pros

We love that the product was designed by people that really understand campground reservations. We love the support. They are always there when you need them. We love that they offer all types of reports that will be needed for your business. We love that they ask for our opinion and ideas. Several of which they have implemented in updates they do frequently. We love the easy in which our customer can make a reservation any time, 24/7/365. Love Campspot and highly recommend it to every campground owner.

Cons

Hmmmmmm, can't come up with any. We love Campspot.

Campspot Reservation System

The biggest benefit is on-line booking...something that is a definite need. Ask yourself when was the last time you called a hotel to book a room? Although we still answer phones, it definitely diminished the amount of calls coming in, and with a small business with minimal employees that was a huge help.

Pros

Cons

Integration with our business was time consuming but work load was less with Campspot team members help. There are some features I would like to have but Campspot listens to ideas and is implementing things on a regular basis.

User Friendly and More Revenue!

Pros

We are currently finishing up our 4th season with Campspot. We've used at least 3 other systems at my park since I started working here, but we have never loved a system more than this one. The ability to optimize sites to fit as many people into the park as possible has allowed us to provide even more families a memorable vacation that we would not have been able to provide with any other system....

Cons

As with any company, we always have little tweaks and extra things we would like to do here at the park. Campspot has worked with us to develop new reporting, customize our park, and get us any information that we could possibly need. Their responsiveness and turnaround time for questions or issues is unparalleled.

Stop Here

Campspot helped us bring new revenue streams we couldnt before. We have sold more add ons than ever before. 86% increase in golf cart sales the first year. 24% increase in sites the first year. 34% increase in Cabin rentals the first year. Campspot took us from a maximum of 21% of our sites being online booked, to almost 50% in one season. Unbelievable. One other very critical point is the constant improvements and the networking. Campspot constantly asks what its customers would like to see in the software. Then they do it. Very refreshing.

Pros

This software is very intuitive. It is easy to set up, its fast, its very easy to adapt it to all the variables out there in our industry. It has an ability to increase revenue that others cant. It looks great to our customers, and it significantly helps us up charges. The tech support is the best in the industry.

Cons

The only Con with this software is its ability to plug directly into many financial platforms for reporting. I have not experienced a barrier, but I have networked with others that have an issue with Quickbooks online.

Easy to use, maximizes profits, and is backed by the best customer support. What could be better?

Pros

-This system is so intuitive and easy to use, and I keep learning more features every time I use it. -Very clean and visually appealing. -All of the reporting is incredibly helpful and provides so much insight to our bookings. -Allows for quick and easy changes to the rates, rules, and other item details that allows us to stay agile. -The reservations grid automatically optimizes bookings to maximize...

Cons

Have not really had any issues or cons to mention with the system so far. The ease of use and autonomy of the system has been great and any support needed has been more than helpful.

WillowTree Review

Overall, the experience has been very good! The ability for customers to book online and the great optimization tools have more then paid for the initial setup and ongoing cost of the system.

Pros

The online booking features and the streamline consumer facing page made our decision easy when selecting a reservation software. We also love the cloud based platform, which allows for streamlined collaboration and access across the company.

Cons

The initial upload was a little difficult, several months of reservations had to be manually checked and corrected. Also, getting accustomed to the financial reporting system took a little trial and error.

Excellent Software That is Easy to Use

We could not be happier and can’t imagine using anything else. I am so happy thst we started out with Campspot. Also, they helped us with selecting a credit card processor. We find our processing fees to be very reasonable.

Pros

It is easy to use and get around in. The set up team did a great job showing us what the software could do for a small park like ours. They only showed us features that pertained to our park. But after using it, it’s easy to see how it would work well for parks much larger than ours. As for value, it is exceptional! The fees are minimal and we have never had an online customer balk at the $2 booking fee. The customers are easily able to book the sites themselves and several have told me that it was seamless for them. Letting the customers book allows me to focus on making their camping experience exceptional.

Cons

Part of using the software means that they draw up a map for you. Our map is very accurate, easy to read and looks professionally designed. My only desire would be for the map to change colors for the sites that have been reserved from within the owners view. Customers can look at your map and easily see what is reserved. I would just love to have that same feature from my view.

Customer Service Greatness

I love Campspot. There might be a "better" program, but I'll never go look, because their customer service is beyond anything I've experienced in this industry and others.

Pros

I get almost no phone calls from customers booking over the web without us. I love the grid and report features. They just updated the back side that I use and I love the updates!!!

Cons

There are a lot of reports and so it's hard sometimes to find exactly what I'm looking for, but when that happens I just email customer service and they help run one that works for me.

Reliable Web Based Reservation Software

Pros

Campspot is a reliable software that is easy to use. You can make reservations quickly. The online booking engine is user-friendly. We have seen a big increase in online reservations. Support staff, when we do need them, are helpful and respond quickly. They listen and implement feedback to make changes.

Cons

The switch from our previous software took longer than anticipated. Making the change to Campspot is absolutely worth it, though.

A Campground Software For Any Budget

We are very happy with the software and the customer service we have received. They are very responsive and if they don't have an answer for an issue and say they will call you back they do.

Pros

When we were looking for software, there are a lot of players out there and many of them had great products. The problem is that they were so cost prohibitive. Campspot was able to give us everything we needed and not break the bank. They listen to their customers and make changes that make sense for all users of any size park.

Cons

I'm not sure that I can say there is anything that I like least. There are a few things that we miss from our old software, but Campspot is better in so many other ways. Being cloud based limits the changes we can make to it that would personalize it for us, but we love the fact that it's could based, so it's a give and take.

Great software

All of my interactions with CampSpot have been very positive. Every time I call with a questions, I get the feeling that they are really there to help me! They take suggestions and act on it. I really feel like they are there to help my business grow.

Pros

The software is pretty easy to use and it's easy to take a glance at your day, week or month to plan on housekeeping needs.

Cons

To change prices and dates you need to use templates, and import the data. It's a bit cumbersome, but someone is always willing to assist.

Campspot

Very knowledgeable and helpful staff. Very versatile software.

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive, multi functional

Cons

the Map is almost useless, i wish more functionality was incorporated into this tab

Impressive software

The people at Campspot have been very helpful to us. The setup was easy and they were quite helpful. They provided us with free training and then checked in with us after we had starting using the software daily to make sure that we were still happy with it. If we have any question, our rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], always gets back to us with answers. We have only had our campground since 2016 and just switched to Campspot in the fall of 2019. This has worked the best for us, both in ease of use and cost.

Pros

I really like this reservation software. It is very easy to use for both my staff and our customers who can make their reservations online.

Cons

I think that some of the reports could be improved. The sales tax reports needs some work.

You won't regret it!

So far, so good! Excellent customer service. Powerful software.

Pros

The software has a modern look and is easy to navigate from day one. The reporting is very powerful and convenient. The list of features is long and very functional - I love that the features offered are what I NEED to run my business and not just a bunch of "fluff". Also - while there are many available customization options, the software remains intuitive and simple to use. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], my software and training guru has been incredibly responsive and available.

Cons

Occasionally, the system will lock up or freeze in the middle of a reservation or while customizing campground set-up. This happens from time to time. You have to log out and log back in. It's not awesome, but it's also not a deal breaker.

Looking to transition to online campground reservations? Choose Campspot!

We are saving so much time and we started receiving online reservations as soon as we went live! Our reservations have increased and we feel much more professional. We can't say enough about the customer service we have received!

Pros

It has all the features we were looking for- online access, campground map, multiple log-ins, online reservations, lock options, grid optimization and marketing. You can view reservations by sites, customers or a list by when reservations were made. Also love that the fee is based on reservations so that you aren't paying unless it is working! What I love best is the customer service. We received a helpful demonstration of the product that was informative and not pushy. Then we were assigned an account manager who spent time training us on how to use the software, did a lot of the set up for us and continues to answer questions and provide support.

Cons

It does take time to set up all the campsites and bring over new customers but the team does a great job explaining everything, assisting and answering questions. We wish there was a better tool for pre-ordering firewood.