Campspot Logo

Suggested alternatives

webrezpro
guesty
rezstream-cloud-pms

We love being able to see all reservations at once in the grid. We use the housekeeping feature and it has been great for availability for guests.
My partner and I, as new campground owners, have been able to pick-up the Campspot system pretty quickly and are so thankful to have a great team to help when needed.
The support team for this system is amazing. They are always available and have a great team attitude.
There is no way to offer a daily discount on the consumer site, so I ask my customers to leave a note during checkout with their discount affiliation.
Although still a pain, if we could capture this at the time of booking instead of at the time of check it, at least we would have it a little earlier.
The inability to open cash drawer from point of sale with totaling an item.

DC

Deb C.

Campspot Reservation System

The biggest benefit is on-line booking...something that is a definite need. Ask yourself when was the last time you called a hotel to book a room? Although we still answer phones, it definitely diminished the amount of calls coming in, and with a small business with minimal employees that was a huge help.

Pros

Cons

Integration with our business was time consuming but work load was less with Campspot team members help. There are some features I would like to have but Campspot listens to ideas and is implementing things on a regular basis.

DK

Damien K.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

up there with the best

Great

Pros

After using several systems over the last 10 years, campspot has some of my favourite features, the grid style layout makes for a clear visibility of the calendar and reservations, using colour schemes for ease of use, the dynamic pricing option is fantastic and becoming more common within the industry, the grid / calendar optimisation is great for ensuring your park is full, also the support time are fantastic and quick to respond.

Cons

There are a few features i would like Campspot to develop or improve moving forward, the e-mailing templates are not quite mastered yet, the feature is there but we need to be able to edit and amend these as we see fit, not using standardised templates. Being able to drag and drop bookings on the calendar would be amazing. Overall it is a very good system for our needs

CE

Conrad E.

Bait & Switch

We're a small campground in Montana that is open four months of the year. We provide affordable camping primarily for riders of the Great Divide Mountain Bike Route. Campspot went to great lengths to get us to sign on 18 months ago. We did so and spent a great deal of our time onboarding. After one season with them they announced we'd have to pay $100 a month in addition to the service fees we agreed to originally. For Campspot to take our time and energy knowing they would be charging this fee to a small campground less than a year later was unethical. We're now looking at the upcoming season with no idea what we're going to do for handling our bookings being charged the same amount as a massive RV Park thats open 12 months of the year. We'd be better off if they'd have left us alone.

Pros

It worked great as sold to us. Trouble is that didn't last.

Cons

They wasted our time onboarding us only to raise their prices beyond what we can afford. They lied to us by telling us they wanted to work with small camps.

JE

Jennetta E.

Best Decision Ever

Exceptional from onboarding to what I think may be a stupid question, they are always there to help.

Pros

We purchased a campground that was using index cards for reservations. 1 hour after implementing Campspot, we knew it was the best decision ever.

Cons

Fees for seasonal sites and if I have to help one of the campers that aren't comfortable with online reservations, I get charged when I have to manually enter in for them.

cm

chris m.

Campspot

Very knowledgeable and helpful staff. Very versatile software.

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive, multi functional

Cons

the Map is almost useless, i wish more functionality was incorporated into this tab

DB

DezaRae B.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

User Friendly and More Revenue!

Pros

We are currently finishing up our 4th season with Campspot. We've used at least 3 other systems at my park since I started working here, but we have never loved a system more than this one. The ability to optimize sites to fit as many people into the park as possible has allowed us to provide even more families a memorable vacation that we would not have been able to provide with any other system....

Cons

As with any company, we always have little tweaks and extra things we would like to do here at the park. Campspot has worked with us to develop new reporting, customize our park, and get us any information that we could possibly need. Their responsiveness and turnaround time for questions or issues is unparalleled.

JT

John T.

Stop Here

Campspot helped us bring new revenue streams we couldnt before. We have sold more add ons than ever before. 86% increase in golf cart sales the first year. 24% increase in sites the first year. 34% increase in Cabin rentals the first year. Campspot took us from a maximum of 21% of our sites being online booked, to almost 50% in one season. Unbelievable. One other very critical point is the constant improvements and the networking. Campspot constantly asks what its customers would like to see in the software. Then they do it. Very refreshing.

Pros

This software is very intuitive. It is easy to set up, its fast, its very easy to adapt it to all the variables out there in our industry. It has an ability to increase revenue that others cant. It looks great to our customers, and it significantly helps us up charges. The tech support is the best in the industry.

Cons

The only Con with this software is its ability to plug directly into many financial platforms for reporting. I have not experienced a barrier, but I have networked with others that have an issue with Quickbooks online.

SP

Sara P.

Government Administration, 11-50 employees

Campspot Does it All

Pros

Campspot provides a platform to effectively and efficiently manage our campground. It has truly been a 1-stop-shop for us. We can now provide customers with an easy, online booking experience, complete with pictures and descriptions of each site, pavilion, and amenity we have to offer. Administration is a breeze whether it's editing reservations or customer profiles, adding additional amenities or sites, uploading new site rates, or changing rules.

Cons

As with all software programs, updates are a must. However, I have had a bit of trouble with certain updates changing the program to the point that I needed to call support for assistance.

HC

Hugh C.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Campspot helped our campground

I use campspot on a daily basis at our campground. I use it to make and edit reservations, process transcractions in POS and reservation billing, and deal with add-ons.

Pros

Campspot has many great features that help our campground out. From ease of online booking, to reservation management, add-ons (golf carts, packages, etc) campspot is overall a great system to use.

Cons

The software can sometimes be buggy when it comes to billing and invoicing but rarley does it require customer support from Campspot. Most of the times, we are able to quickly correct the issue.

PG

Peter G.

Money maker

Pros

Love how easy it is to use. Dynamic pricing, guest info, pre arrival and post arrival communication

Cons

No activity schedule for shuttles. Cancellation can be cumbersome

SD

Shari D.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

Excellent Software That is Easy to Use

We could not be happier and can’t imagine using anything else. I am so happy thst we started out with Campspot. Also, they helped us with selecting a credit card processor. We find our processing fees to be very reasonable.

Pros

It is easy to use and get around in. The set up team did a great job showing us what the software could do for a small park like ours. They only showed us features that pertained to our park. But after using it, it’s easy to see how it would work well for parks much larger than ours. As for value, it is exceptional! The fees are minimal and we have never had an online customer balk at the $2 booking fee. The customers are easily able to book the sites themselves and several have told me that it was seamless for them. Letting the customers book allows me to focus on making their camping experience exceptional.

Cons

Part of using the software means that they draw up a map for you. Our map is very accurate, easy to read and looks professionally designed. My only desire would be for the map to change colors for the sites that have been reserved from within the owners view. Customers can look at your map and easily see what is reserved. I would just love to have that same feature from my view.

LT

Lea T.

A Campground Software For Any Budget

We are very happy with the software and the customer service we have received. They are very responsive and if they don't have an answer for an issue and say they will call you back they do.

Pros

When we were looking for software, there are a lot of players out there and many of them had great products. The problem is that they were so cost prohibitive. Campspot was able to give us everything we needed and not break the bank. They listen to their customers and make changes that make sense for all users of any size park.

Cons

I'm not sure that I can say there is anything that I like least. There are a few things that we miss from our old software, but Campspot is better in so many other ways. Being cloud based limits the changes we can make to it that would personalize it for us, but we love the fact that it's could based, so it's a give and take.

AW

Amber W.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 1-10 employees

A must have reservation system!

Overall, Campspot is my favorite software! It is incredibly user friendly! Also, every single person I have interacted with have been nothing short of amazing!

Pros

First off, the ease and efficiency of making reservations is a huge deal. Everything from manual input to online reservations is simple and quick. The system is so smart, it will not let you make a mistake! But in the result you do hit a snag, the costumer service from the Campspot team is unmatched! I have worked with several different systems over the last 18 years; the response time is quick and easy to understand! That is a huge bonus for me!

Cons

The only con I can think of is having to put in all of a guest's info if you have to manually input a credit card number when using the P.O.S. system. But that is so minor and rarely needed.

BR

Becky R.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Customer service is outstanding...especially when the phones are answered in a timely manner!

Pros

Easy to use and navigate. Some areas you have to go back and forth in between transactions...

Cons

Not enough space to send messages to in-house guests. Should be able to void an electric meter read posted to an account.

Our experience with Campspot

Even though it's a new software, they keep adding features and are farther along than any company we've worked with in the past. It just keeps getting better with time.

Pros

- The lock-in fees and optimization help us increase revenue and fill our grid - Our guests can easily add golf carts and other extras to their stay during the reservations process - It's easy to add and edit campground rules, rates, photos, packages, and events - Staff picks it up quickly

Cons

- It's a new software, which means it has its challenges and many features are still to come

SA

Susan A.

Hospitality, 201-500 employees

Campspot delivers happy campers/happy staff!

When I have a question I can talk with management team and we can look at and solve questions quickly and I can get back to my customer quickly. Saves time, professional, accurate.

Pros

From main screen options of grid, list, customers to POS, reports, all of them are at your fingertips and load quickly- helps me review, and answer questions confidently and in a timely fashion.

Cons

Option for two emails for our seasonal campers, some way to help less tech savvy campers through their online payment screen easier. The pine trees on bottom right corner - more straightforward topic choice and coverage.

SB

Sharon B.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 1-10 employees

Glad we chose this for our campground!

Campspot has been a game changer for our small campground. We have seen an increase in camping reservations and a decrease of phone calls.

Pros

The customer service and the personal Account Manager that is assigned to each campground is the best!! Ease of implementation and very easy to use The Campspot team is always improving the system according to suggestions from the users

Cons

In the reservation system you cannot use the back button, if you need to change something you must start the whole reservation over.

VF

Veronica F.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Camp Jackson Sawyer

I am pleased with your system. It is easy to learn and to teach to others

Pros

Allows me to know how many are coming to camp

Cons

nothing at this time that I can think of

JA

John A.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Loonlake campspot

On line training guides are very helpful, don't take them for granted.

Pros

I've used several other campground software system and there's no comparison. The ease of use was paramount for me after struggling with other campground software packages.

Cons

It took ME forever to get a report that gave me everything at once. Name, site, phone, email, etc for all campers, maybe just me but maybe one button???

JD

Jeffrey D.

Campspot works for Forest Ridge Campground

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was GREAT to work with during the set up process. I have called customer service and have also received EXCEPTIONAL customer service from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and a few others! KUDDOS!

Pros

The software is very user friendly and EASY to use. It has all the items needed to book reservations and run the office, housekeeping and reporting.

Cons

I have yet to see anything that I do not like

BZ

Beverly Z.

CampSpot is great!

I have used it for the past 6 months making reservations, taking payments and organizing the resort

Pros

The ease of booking and the calendar feature.

Cons

I wish there was a way to merge customers who have several accounts (most of the time this is easy to do, but for some who have used different modes to sign up there is no way to merge their accounts.)

KS

KELLY S.

Hospitality, self-employed

Why did we not use this sooner!

LOVE it, makes my job easier so I am not taking down all of the info and having to call people back to schedule. They can pick dates, see pictures and maps, simple for anyone wanting to reserve.

Pros

Working with campspot team, was easy to work through all of the set up items, pricing and maps. Using the software has been pretty straight forward, very few times have had to call for assistance.

Cons

Wish it would figure cancel amounts that match with cancellation rules, and that you can put notes into the reservation at any time

TJ

Terry J.

Hospitality, 201-500 employees

First Year User

So far very satisfied!

Pros

Very User friendly for the guests and the GSR at the property. The add on option is great for increasing ancillary sales. CS support staff is knowledgeable and willing to help anytime. Also very open to suggestions.

Cons

Needs some fine tuning with reporting and a few operational functions.

JD

Jane D.

Great Customer Service & Easy to learn

They have responded to any requests and needs immediately and they are great about listening to their customers suggestions. We look forward to a very profitable season thanks to Campspot

Pros

It was very easy to learn to use. Pretty self explanatory it almost walks you through the process of making a reservation and their videos are very helpful.

Cons

Not being able to add my extra at the very beginning of the booking. Extra Vehicles, customer owned golf carts etc....You have to get all the way past the payment and invoice before you can add those and give the correct price to customer. Therefore you don't know what 50% of deposit will be.

BL

Barry L.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees

Refreshing Change

We love campspot and are so happy we made the change! I think this will be home for us for a long time!

Pros

it is very easy to use, the move over from existing software was easy, anytime we have a questions the response is fast and always very helpful! We have a great support team!

Cons

would like to see a pallet in the POS . right now it is all one big list and you have to search, would like it to be set up where we could categories and buttons under those categories to make is faster to find our products that do not have bar codes for.