Campspot Logo

GP

Gregory P.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 1-10 employees

Superb Online Reservation System

My experience with Campspot has been excellent. Overall, the software is easy to use, and their customer support is second to none.

Pros

I made the decision to switch to Campspot after almost 20 years of using another reservation system. Campspot had a number of features that were not available nor integrated into the reservation system I currently used. I had excellent assistance during conversion and the database from my old system was easily brought into Campspot.

Cons

I think that the reservation cancellation process is confusing in terms of how to return money to customers.

GH

Grant H.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

Easy to use system

Campspot is an excellent program & the support staff are top notch.

Pros

Campspot offers an excellent interface for guests to make online reservations with ease. The system also allows guests to select extra items prior to finishing their reservation.

Cons

Would be great to see an interface that allowed rates to be more easily updated. The current csv process is cumbersome & sometimes it takes a few attempts to get it right.

EW

Ellen W.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Decent software with a real customer service problem

Our overall experience with Campspot is not a positive one. While there are a few shining stars at campspot… extremely knowledgeable and helpful individuals ([sensitive content hidden], etc.), generally speaking, we are frustrated with Campspot on a regular basis. No one answers the phone. Callbacks take far too long… days or even weeks and the auto messages frequently ask if you want to hold or get a call back. When I asked to hold, I am then put into voicemail anyway. Why leave a message if no one is going to call me back until I've solved the problem myself or figured out a workaround. To be honest, we are just biding our time until a better reservation system comes along.

Pros

I like that campers are able to book online at their convenience

Cons

I absolutely hate how long it takes to receive a callback from anyone at Campspot. They always seem to be short staffed. They are always promising the on boarding of more customer service staff, and they are always taking several days (sometimes weeks) to return our calls. Additionally, for a campground reservation system to not have a helpline, or anyone answering the phones, especially during peak check-in hours is absurd. If there was a better software solution out there, we would jump ship in a heartbeat.

Jon C.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Good for small campgrounds, not so great for larger ones

The Sales process seemed expedited and we were warned many times that "if we didn't sign soon, we might not be able to get implemented for awhile". Now I think that's because some of the items we found during (and after) implementation would have perhaps caused us to make a different decision.

Pros

I like the online booking guest user experience and being able to add photos and descriptions to our various site types. I also like the ability for guests to book add ons to their reservation, and I like the Site Optimization and Dynamic Pricing on the Administrative/back end.

Cons

We cannot add more than one guest to a reservation without using user-defined fields within the Reservation. This doesn't create a Customer Profile for them which causes us several problems. We can't add a membership to their account because they don't have one. They can't charge to a site because they weren't the primary person who made the reservation, don't have a Customer Profile, and don't have...

KB

Kim B.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Customer support is AMAZING and worth 10 stars!

Far and wide our experience with Campspot has been amazing! We have increased with online bookings, and utilizing the deposit required feature for bookings, have drastically cut down on no-shows and lost revenue. Again, the customer service department is the best I have ever worked with across several business entities. Reporting is very good and diverse. Definitely recommend and champion Campspot within industry contacts and groups.

Pros

Our RV park was looking for a program with real time reservation capabilities. Campspot has this plus so much more! The set up process was very easy, and I felt like at any time I could contact my customer support rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], and she would either walk me through my questions, or just fix what was on my list. I think that the pricing is more than fair-charged for online reservations only. I like that I can set rules for reservations and pricing, and that it helps with exceptions pretty well. We have a small POS offering, and I think that system works well, but also see that it would work well for larger or multi-location stations as well.

Cons

I feel extended stay reservations(not seasonal) can be a bit cumbersome when the guest doesn't know the exact length of stay. Moving reservations can be very multi-step if you are just trying to trade 2 spots. I wish it kept track of last discount used, so you could verify if same, not have to ask each time like a repeat guest is not remembered. Not crazy about Card Connect, their required credit card processor. For as amazing as Campspot customer service is, Card Connect is at the opposite end of the spectrum. Wish we could use the processor of our choice.

JA

Julie A.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Management made easier

I chose and assisted in the backend build of our park. I've been involved from day 1 and made training our crew seamless with the additional support and webinars from Campspot. I wasn't ever on my own to figure it out - there is ample assistance along the way.

Pros

The most helpful feature in campspot is the algorithm for the booking chart. Having a blend of staff that are new to reservations and seasoned pros this makes the on boarding process that much easier while optimizing the grid.

Cons

It is missing the booking directly from the grid for the seasoned staff and you can not modify single admin hold if you booked multiple on hold sites. Minor in the grand scheme of things with all of the other features.

EH

Ernie H.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Campspot is made for the new normal

My experience with Campspot has been wonderful. The software is easy to use, very intuitive, and efficient when taking reservations over the phone. And I can't say enough about the exceptional customer service. Every request I have sent has had a quick response and resolution. The customer sat employees really make you feel comfortable asking any questions you might have regarding the use of the software.

Pros

The best parts about Campspot, to me, are the online check-in function, and the pencil-in-hold feature. Both are great for parks who have closed their offices due to safety concerns during the pandemic. Everything can be handled via email and it has streamlined my reservations and check-ins. I plan on using these features even after opening up my office again.

Cons

There is no way to offer a daily discount on the consumer site, so I ask my customers to leave a note during checkout with their discount affiliation. Most guests do not read most of the instructions I provide so I get a lot of calls asking how to get their discount applied. I would like to see a feature that allows guests to select their own discounts during online booking.

DS

DEVIN S.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Campspot makes booking sites easy!

Overall, campspot is great. My staff was reluctant at first but now they are loving the new software!

Pros

I love the ease of booking a reservation on the backend as well as the online platform. Our guests are excited to be able to book anytime! The grid optimization is a key feature that has eliminated the manual “Tetris” playing we used to do with our grid. The lock site fee to most campers is a no brainer and the extra revenue from that has been excellent! We are very happy with campspot and the support from them has been amazing.

Cons

The billing features For long term campers could use a little work. Most monthly campers Are billed from the day they arrive until that day in the next month. The billing side doesn’t quite like that, and it causes lots of confusion from customers why we have to always edit their bill. I also wish you could choose which invoice to attach a meter reading to. I am finding them being doubled on reservations because they are attaching to the wrong monthly invoice.

JT

Jennifer T.

Retail, 1-10 employees

AWESOME Reservation Software

Pros

We love that the product was designed by people that really understand campground reservations. We love the support. They are always there when you need them. We love that they offer all types of reports that will be needed for your business. We love that they ask for our opinion and ideas. Several of which they have implemented in updates they do frequently. We love the easy in which our customer can make a reservation any time, 24/7/365. Love Campspot and highly recommend it to every campground owner.

Cons

Hmmmmmm, can't come up with any. We love Campspot.

JV

Jon V.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Very happy with this software

Very happy!

Pros

Campsite lock fees are a great income generator! We can use from anywhere, even on our phones. Online reservations pay for the whole package!

Cons

Sometimes we want to try reports that are not available (yet), however, sometimes we see that they took our suggestion and made a report to show what we wanted to see.

BG

Brent G.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Critical Campground Management Software that Maximizes profitability.

Outstanding! This program has been a HUGE game changer for our business in terms of efficiency and profitability.

Pros

The search feature to locate the needs of the guest along with add-on sales feature.

Cons

Technical issues when the program does not allow processing of reservations, especially at high peak check in and phone times.

SB

Sandra B.

Just What I Had Been Looking For

I had used a different program for about three years but always felt it was "old and outdated" for simplicity and ease of use. Campspot DEFINATELY made converting to their program a breeze. And the ongoing training and updates they send out shows customers they are committed to providing the BEST program to fit individual park needs and desires.

Pros

Favorite feature is PRICING! I cannot believe the value for this product. Campspot has incredible features for the price point. And the support team is super, especially while you are taking over and learning this program.

Cons

I wish converting Holds to actual Reservations was simplified.... I think they are working on this, but currently not simple. And while they have tons of reports, sometimes I cannot find just the right info I need. But support is helpful to getting the numbers I request.

NR

Natalie R.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

CampSpot reviewed

I enjoy using CampSpot and it has made management of my Camp more seamless. I can easily view and adjust bookings or add new options/pricing

Pros

Easy to manage bookings and has great integrations and other features. Glad they have a training database and certification program

Cons

It takes a bit of learning and can be difficult to set up on your own without doing quite a bit of digging/learning. Customer service/support can also be lacking at times. Customers sometimes have difficulty understanding how to book by site instead of entering in their whole group at once when searching for dates

KA

Keeley A.

Hospitality, self-employed

So glad we chose this software

We are loving the accessibility of CampSpot. We feel they are excellent at continuously improving their software and genuinely listen to customers requests.

Pros

Online booking has been huge for our customers. Its easy for them to navigate around the software. We also love that we can access it from our mobile phones easily while out and about (especially during the off season).

Cons

I am patiently waiting for a texting feature. Also customized emails to our customers. I also would love the POS system to be more detailed and act like a true register system.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Easy to use, maximizes profits, and is backed by the best customer support. What could be better?

Pros

-This system is so intuitive and easy to use, and I keep learning more features every time I use it. -Very clean and visually appealing. -All of the reporting is incredibly helpful and provides so much insight to our bookings. -Allows for quick and easy changes to the rates, rules, and other item details that allows us to stay agile. -The reservations grid automatically optimizes bookings to maximize...

Cons

Have not really had any issues or cons to mention with the system so far. The ease of use and autonomy of the system has been great and any support needed has been more than helpful.

BH

Blake H.

WillowTree Review

Overall, the experience has been very good! The ability for customers to book online and the great optimization tools have more then paid for the initial setup and ongoing cost of the system.

Pros

The online booking features and the streamline consumer facing page made our decision easy when selecting a reservation software. We also love the cloud based platform, which allows for streamlined collaboration and access across the company.

Cons

The initial upload was a little difficult, several months of reservations had to be manually checked and corrected. Also, getting accustomed to the financial reporting system took a little trial and error.

NM

Noreen M.

Camp Spot usage

Camp spot is not hard to use. There is some things you can do.

Pros

it's pretty easy to change dates or rates if necessary.

Cons

if we have to more the dates to the following year, you cannot do it. if it's a year out.

Greta B.

Maximize Revenue!

Pros

- Less staff training time because the software is intuitive to use - Ability to have a lot of business rules set up - Lock in fees are boosting our revenue! - The ability to have all our marketing photos shown with their unit. - Golf carts and other ancillary accounts shown in the flow through has brought up revenue substantially since we started using Campspot. - Automated grid moving which allows staff to focus on other things - I really like the heat maps and the advanced reservation reprots that they have which show real time per unit site night information and site night revenue. From an operations stand point this is really helpful in making decisions!

Cons

Campspot is a relatively new software company, so there have been a couple small bumps along the way. But their responsiveness and willingness to make the software better for the user/staff as well as the consumer far outweigh any cons.

LM

Lara M.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 1-10 employees

Customer Service Greatness

I love Campspot. There might be a "better" program, but I'll never go look, because their customer service is beyond anything I've experienced in this industry and others.

Pros

I get almost no phone calls from customers booking over the web without us. I love the grid and report features. They just updated the back side that I use and I love the updates!!!

Cons

There are a lot of reports and so it's hard sometimes to find exactly what I'm looking for, but when that happens I just email customer service and they help run one that works for me.

MG

Mitch G.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees

Try it! It is fantastic

Pros

The transition between systems was seamless. Campspot did all the work! And they did it very fast. The best feature for us is the online reservations. We have tripled the number of online reservations that we get because of campspot! The free POS is great too! Training new employees is easier than ever before. Setup was easy and very customizable!

Cons

As management, there is nothing I don't like about the system. We made more money this year than ever before and a huge part of that was campspot. Less people answering phone calls because everyone made their reservations online, saved us so much time and money.

MC

Mandi C.

Reliable Web Based Reservation Software

Pros

Campspot is a reliable software that is easy to use. You can make reservations quickly. The online booking engine is user-friendly. We have seen a big increase in online reservations. Support staff, when we do need them, are helpful and respond quickly. They listen and implement feedback to make changes.

Cons

The switch from our previous software took longer than anticipated. Making the change to Campspot is absolutely worth it, though.

DB

David B.

Recreational Facilities and Services, self-employed

No Plan to Switch

Great! There are so many reservation software options out there and you can't make everyone happy but I have no plan to switch!

Pros

I have been very pleased with the communication from Campspot. There are emails letting us know what is coming, industry highlights, etc. Everyone was helpful when onboarding. All of the features are easy to use and support is always either already provided for a phone call away.

Cons

I do not like the monthly fee. When I onboarded there was no monthly fee and that was what was attractive. Now, however, there is a fee. Don't like!!

BW

Bevin W.

Great software

All of my interactions with CampSpot have been very positive. Every time I call with a questions, I get the feeling that they are really there to help me! They take suggestions and act on it. I really feel like they are there to help my business grow.

Pros

The software is pretty easy to use and it's easy to take a glance at your day, week or month to plan on housekeeping needs.

Cons

To change prices and dates you need to use templates, and import the data. It's a bit cumbersome, but someone is always willing to assist.

CR

Curt R.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Has Significantly Increased our Business!

Campspot has significantly increased our revenue. We previously used a different camping reservation system and we've seen a 20x increase since switching to Campspot. It's been far more popular than we expected. The Campspot team has been excellent to work with. Very responsive, friendly and helpful. We couldn't be happier with them. They also seem to be constantly improving and adding more features. Working in the software industry, it's refreshing to see software built by people who have real industry experience and know what is needed.

Pros

Widely used platform that is easy to use on both the user and administrative side. Simple interface that allows easy management and modification of reservations.

Cons

I wish it had a rating/review system where happy campers could share their experience for future campers to review.

LF

Lela F.

Overall happy!

Overall we're happy! Once we were trained fully we were happy with the overall functionality of the program. It is easy for us to use and easy for our customers to use.

Pros

We love being able to see all reservations at once in the grid. We use the housekeeping feature and it has been great for availability for guests.

Cons

Refunding continues to be somewhat of an issue. We would like to have the choice to not have a refund go directly to house credit.