CaterTrax Reviews

4.62/5 (130 reviews)

Pros
  • Ease of use as an admin user Ease of custom reports
  • *it is user friendly, straight forward, and easy to navigate *it is customizable
  • I really like the ability to go to the menu edit tool and make adjustments as needed.
  • The software is generally easy to understand. Easy to edit and customer service is very helpful when there is a need.
Cons
  • There is nothing that I like least about this software
  • We would love to be able to find events by the name of the event.
  • Not much. Sometimes there's a lag in the menu loading or when ordering.
  • *the site runs slow quite often *customer support hold time is sometimes a little long
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Erika Espinoza

Catertrax

Reviewed 2019-04-25

For the most part using CaterTrax has really helped our company for the better. while the system still has some things that would be nice to have for example a comment box when you block a date so you and other administrators know why the date is being blocked.

Pros
The feature I enjoy the most is being able to run reports to see what our business fluctuation. This in turn help me plan ahead food and labor.

Cons
Sometimes I fix things to what works best for us but after a while they will get switched back to what they used to be. For example the way we view our Orders.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Cathy Sawicki

Catertrax is an amazing software program for anyone that offers a catering program

Reviewed 2017-10-04

Pros
The catertrax system is very user friendly. We have a lot of intern students that join us throughout the year and I always have them put in test orders on the system to see how good and easy it is to use. I also ask that if they have any complaints or constructive comments to let me know. They are always very impressed with the site.

Cons
Just wish I could have easier access to the list of approvers and able to print myself. Presently I have to contact a catertrax support person who gives me the list

Debra Vines

LOVE using the CaterTrax site, the staff is helpful and well versed in helping answer questions!

Reviewed 2017-10-04

I use this software multiple times daily. Before we had the software we were doing all of the orders on a spreadsheet and trying to calculate all of the charges by hand. This software saves so much time and ensures accuracy in the math.

Pros
It's so easy to input orders and to retrieve past orders if you know the date of the event or have a previous order number.

Cons
We can't track by suite number and you can't put the orders in alphabetic order. I would love to be able to see the title of the order when selecting from the list under the client name.

Andrea Connelly

Catertrax for SOU Catering

Reviewed 2019-05-13

Catertrax has really streamlined the booking process for catering. The user interface for customers and admins is really intuitive. When I do have issues with the software, the customer service is top notch and diligently works on my requests. Overall, Catertrax makes my job easier and I am thankful for the opportunity to work with such excellent software.

Pros
The software is incredibly user friendly. When I train new employees, the Trax Training feature really helps speed up the process. I like how I can customize most menu items with ease. The software really has all the bells and whistles I need without being overly crowded.

Cons
Not much. Sometimes there's a lag in the menu loading or when ordering.

Peter Walker

Happy catertrax user

Reviewed 2019-04-22

Great overall experience with CaterTrax. We have solved the hours data input, building client reports, and invoices.

Pros
Ease of use as an admin user Ease of custom reports

Cons
Emailing invoices to customers. The invoice is at the bottom of the email to customers and difficult for them to navigate to. Also they can only respond back through CaterTrax, I wish I would receive an email to show me someone responded or asked a question about an invoice, similar to the email I receive when an order is placed.

Tonya Hagerman

Ease of Ordering - Spectacular

Reviewed 2019-04-29

My overall experience with CaterTrax has made catering a lot easier to do on my end and have learned a lot of new things, practically on my own. I've always encountered pleasant customer service with the customer service support team, as needed.

Pros
I really like the CaterTrax software do the fact its easy to navigate from Admin side and a customers side. Changes can be made very quickly as well, if need be.

Cons
Occasionally, the newest version of the program runs a little bit slower than the older version.

Angela Oneill

Love using product daily to keep track of caterings and stock requests

Reviewed 2017-10-04

Organizes all components of room reservations and catering in same place. Totalizes by cost center etc in reports amounts for the month.

Pros
User friendly and puts all components in one place - room reservations, catering and floor stock Was able to customize to our needs for many things - adding cooler temperatures for our areas that we stock was one.

Cons
sometimes when using on the ipad it locks up for our tray passers who enter floor stock. Wish could easily make changes on own to back end.

sara reynolds

The ease of Catertrax

Reviewed 2019-04-25

Overall it has been very positive. Very easy to use.

Pros
I like catertrax because, it is so self explanatory, that you can't mess it up. There are several people in several different departments that order food for caterings and it is very easy for them to choose their food options, date, time. And it makes me aware of all the changes. It makes my job very easy

Cons
There isn't really anything that is a Con. I truly like everything about this software

Joey Roberts

We love CaterTrax

Reviewed 2019-04-23

I have used Catertrax at several locations over the years and it just does so much to make our days easier! From running revenue reports to looking at days in advance at a glance. It saves us time and money.

Pros
As a dining director, I do not have to go to my catering manager every time I have questions about up coming events and revenue. I just log in and take a look!

Cons
I would like for us to have the ability to add and promote our own monthly specials without having to have support do it

Glenda Anderson

Catertrax makes it easy for operators and customers to do it all in one place! Can't live without it

Reviewed 2017-10-04

Easy to use, they train you on all aspects of the software and getting customers to use it is a no brainer.

Pros
A one stop shop! Gives us so many options that it is hard to choose which ones to use. It is so easy to teach our customers how to use it and once they start using it the feedback from customers is GREAT! They love the feature that they can go back and look at past orders. Our clients like that they can get quick and detailed reports every month.

Cari Day

CaterTrax Review

Reviewed 2019-05-03

Overall experience with CaterTrax has been wonderful. Customer support is fabulous and incredibly helpful when I have issues or problems. Very easy to use and very user friendly.

Pros
I like that CaterTrax takes the guess work out of catering. CaterTrax gives the user the ability to place their own orders and see the status of their orders at the click of a button.

Cons
There is nothing that I didn't like about the product. It was very easy to use and get started.

RAECINE GREEN

CATERTRAX...pretty good

Reviewed 2019-04-23

I have been using CATER Trax for over 5 years at two different locations and have been satisfied with its use.

Pros

Cons
Sometimes it is hard to adjust orders...sometimes the software moves a little slowly.. Also, sometimes it is hard for the kitchen to understand some of the wording that is transcribed from the menu to the kitchen notes.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Anonymous

Reviewed 2019-04-23

Pros
This software is by far the easiest one I have ever used. It is so simple and it helps myself and my customers slide through each process in such an easy manner. I feel as though any company that would use this would seriously benefit from it.

Cons
There is honestly no cons about this site that I have had any issues with. Customer service is always polite and always working on my problems in a matter of minutes.

Joycelyn Broussard

Catertrax Software

Reviewed 2019-04-22

We are able to quickly put our catering orders in as administrators, and our client are also able to access the ordering system and enter orders on their own. We are extremely happy with Catertrax and would certainly recommend its use.

Pros
It is extremely easy to understand and use. The available reports are extremely helpful in my industry. Customer service/technical support is fast and accurate.

Cons
We would love to be able to find events by the name of the event.

Pat Gallant

Catertrax is an awesome tool.

Reviewed 2017-10-04

Much more organized and pricing is pre set.

Pros
I think it is great that everything is in one place for the customer. I like the notifications received on any changes and tracking. Great asset for back tracking.

Cons
I wish the reports could be edited and more created. Such as the date on the daily calendar cover sheet...the date would work better at the bottom of the page rather then the top. Search options could be filtered better.

Anonymous

Healthcare catering simplified

Reviewed 2019-05-02

To have all our catering and in-house ordering set-up together has been great, it's simple and very easy to navigate and control.

Pros
The software provides us with an easily transitioned in-house ordering system, which can be easily navigated by our clients. Very easy to use, support has always been great.

Cons
A how to guide for a clients would be ideal, as some do get lost trying to navigate the system. Not everyone is computer literate.

Rob Miller

Outstanding team to work with!

Reviewed 2017-11-02

Pros
I have been working with Catertrax at four different hospitals over the past nine years and have never....never been disappointed. They are extremely professional and they deliver ahead of expectations. They blend seamlessly into our operational systems and, most importantly, are very user friendly which is a bonus for our clients. Plus it is a great value for the money.

Karla Edwards

Most customer friendly reservation/catering system out there!

Reviewed 2017-10-04

It is easy to learn so people do use it. Every interaction is tracked so we can see who made an error when they call and complain.

Pros
It is intuitive and easy for everyone in the organization to use. It keeps track of every change and edit so everything is easy to track.

Cons
Back side takes a lot of clicks and back and forth to see and make reservations. We do not set up the rooms so wish we could take that part off.

Nichole Burton

CaterTrax is a Great Option

Reviewed 2019-04-23

CaterTrax is a great option for companies to manage their catering needs. Once set up, the site is user friendly and pretty straight forward to navigate. Pictures and descriptions can be added / edited. The customer support team is very helpful if issues arise.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

MArk Gast

Love My Catertrax

Reviewed 2019-05-07

This company is responsive and end user friendly

Pros
From ease of customer ordering to billing and payment, this software is well worth the small investment and time saved.

Cons
While I appreciate the monthly free support, the "over the hour limit" of editing cost me a little more than I hoped. In fairness, looking back, I should have invested more time in initial set up information input.

Debra Vines

Catertrax Every Day!

Reviewed 2019-04-30

I have used Catertrax for years and really enjoy working with the program. Its user friendly and easy to walk guests and new users through placing an order.

Pros

Cons
I was once able to go in and write and publish my own menus and I am no longer able to do that. Now all I can do is edit the material that is there.

kyle galan

Great Program, that helps us organize our catering business

Reviewed 2017-10-04

Pros
How easy it is to use and very user friendly, i use this system on a daily basis to keep all of our order organized and not only does it help myself as a director it helps or kitchen staff keep up to date.

Cons
Not having a mobile app, working on a college campus students are glued to their phones and with having an app i think it would make ordering easier for them

Mark Spinelli

Saves time and Money

Reviewed 2019-04-29

Pros
It lets the customers do the work for you, it tracks payment information, it keeps track on what the sales you did for the year. It is a great tool for the front and back of the house, so there is no surprises.

Cons
Nothing at this time, we have been a customer for over 11 years, over the years it has been improved. Customers like it very much.

Scott Kelly

Forced into changing!

Reviewed 2019-05-07

CateTrax is easier for us to use as well as my customers. They are able to set up their own accounts. And that saves us and them valuable time.

Pros
As a company we changed to CaterTrax, I was upset at first because I was used to the system we were currently using. However CaterTrax is a much easier system. And they have always been there to help us change what is needed. I don't have to waste any time remembering how to adjust something on my old system

Cons
There is nothing that I like least about this software

lori kragnes

very nice

Reviewed 2017-10-04

Pros
The customer support team is very helpful, I can call or email anytime and get results.I wish I could a few simple things myself without putting a support ticket in, but other than that great site

Cons
cant do things myself, the easy things. I feel I don't have control of the site, it seems like I'm getting dictated on how to run the catering operation