Easy InnKeeping Reviews

Easy InnKeeping

Property management solution for the independent hotel

4.31/5 (49 reviews)

Pros
  • Uptime is great ... meets all of our needs ... customer support is excellent ... time saver, especially with repeat customers ... love the ability to quickly send a confirmation to our guests.Stephen E.Read the full review
  • I went with Easy Innkeeping because they had the ability to set up a different child/adult extra person rate. It's amazing how many software packages don't.Conrad M.Read the full review
  • This product is a great product and the ease of use is amazing.Sherika D.Read the full review
Cons
  • Sometimes it can be sluggish, but it might be my connection speed which can fluctuate (or maybe I'm just impatient).Diane A.Read the full review
  • The more I use the product, the more I learn about the functions. If ever a problem, the customer service team is always up for the challenge.Nikki R.Read the full review
  • The inability to set seasonal rates by month/day only. Must redo every year and sometimes online bookers slip through with the off season rack rates.Donna D.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Diane Anderson

An exceptional business tool for the small innkeeper or B&B owner

Reviewed 2018-04-10

Pros
The software is easily customizable to suit your own hospitality business needs. It helps me keep track of my bookings, invoices, income, form letters, customer lists, etc. I t will even compute the applicable hotel taxes for me. When I have an issue, a quick call to their support team gets it straightened out asap. The first year I was in business, I kept track of all my bookings, billing, payments, reservations, cancellations, et cetera, on an Excel spreadsheet. That proved to be too cumbersome and labor intensive. Regular hotel/motel software was too "big" for my small retreat business, and it was some time before I came across Easy InnKeeping. This software has saved me many hours of "reinventing the wheel" and for that, it's very reasonable price is well worth it!

Cons
Sometimes it can be sluggish, but it might be my connection speed which can fluctuate (or maybe I'm just impatient). Customizing the html in the various form letters can be tricky, but the support team has been very helpful in figuring it out for me. Sometimes I have trouble assigning "codes" to new items I offer. I try to re-assign codes I don't use, for new things, and it won't let me just overwrite the original assignation. The only other thing I've had an issue with is sometimes it randomly 'denies access' to certain elements on the Billing page, even though I'm the only one that uses the program. However in that instance, I've found workarounds that avoid it.

Barry Hanson

it makes managing a number of condos much easier

Reviewed 2017-08-29

it makes keeping reservations alot easier to keep track of.

Pros
colorful graph=like reservation calendar with multiple options for each reservation so easier to tract what the status is with a renter

Cons
it does not sync with VRBO or the other rental; website I use for listings makes it non friendly for my budget or my time to pay someone to fill in multiple calendars on multiple sights. Is does not print a color copy of the calendars for my staff and cleaning company making it harder for everyone in my employ to follow. Is a bit pricey for what I use it for considering that pricing is coming down on alot of software. I basically use the calendar system, would see alot more value if I used all the functions so my bad to a point.

Response from GraceSoft

Dear Barry,

Thank you for your feedback! We understand your needs, and have interest from other clients as well in VRBO integration. Our team is working on an interface with VRBO, and we will let you know when that is available!

Thank you for choosing Easy InnKeeping

Conrad Matt

As a standalone it's pretty good BUT if you connect to Expedia, beware!

Reviewed 2015-10-01

I've been on this for about 5 months now and it was a toss up between WebRezPro, and I'm wondering if I should have gone with the latter. Neither company could convert my data from Rezovation besides the customer table, so I lost a decade of history. I went with Easy Innkeeping because they had the ability to set up a different child/adult extra person rate. It's amazing how many software packages don't. The Easy Innkeeping refresh rate is annoyingly slow, I just expect it to be less than a second. I also don't like that they maintain their own hardware, I would rather they put it on Amazon or Google's server farm, like Clock PMS. They don't charge for bookings over their own system, but $3 for reservations which come through Expedia. The main problem is that data doesn't come over right. The entire amount shows up in the daily rate, no tax or other items, so I have to re-enter it. And I've asked numerous times. And, get this, if you want to set up a minimum stay on weekends, you have to create a separate seasonal rate for every weekend! if you have a Bnb like me, this is not the software you want. They were able to update it via a script on the back end, but it's such an easy thing to code for since they already have a way to apply a rate to the days of the week, it should be just a matter of checking off a box where you want to apply the minimum nights. Tech support is mostly by chat, their little window will pop up saying 'approximate wait time is one minute'....I've gotten that message and waited 20 minutes without result. They are constantly improving the software, and uptime has been very good. They run on top of some other software so that when an employee logs in, their password displays in the open in the URL for a second or two. WTF, you may ask? Well, yes, so if you're worried about your employees hacking into another person's account, this software isn't for you either. Oh, I paid a year in advance, and for 2 months haven't had time to verify the expedia bookings were correct, so they cut off my access to the software even though I paid for a year, over a $30 past due bill. And they cut it off at night, when they don't have anyone available to take a payment. So yeah, I'm going to start looking around.

Response from GraceSoft

Hello Matt,

It is unfortunate that your experience with Easy InnKeeping was not upto your expectations. It is our continuous endeavor to enhance client satisfaction. We value your feedback as it has helped us to greatly improve Direct Connect functionality through our channel manager and have made some remarkable progress along the way. We look forward to the opportunity to service your property again in the future.

Team EIK

Paula Archer

Great Software for Running Your Guest Lodging/Vacation Rental Business

Reviewed 2016-11-30

I have been using this product for running my vacation rentals and b&b for over 15 years. Although I use a variety of booking services, Easy Innkeeping is my master software for managing reservations, running financial reports and coordinating cleaning services for my properties. Can't live without it!

Pros
Visual view of bookings across units by month.

Cons
Sometimes a bit finicky on my iphone. I use 90% of time on my laptop and use ipad for bookings when I am mobile. The size of the ipad is perfect for the monthly view graphic which is a wonderful way to check availability when away from home.

Stephen Ellis

Great reservation system for the Mirabelle Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 2016-11-30

Uptime is great ... meets all of our needs ... customer support is excellent ... time saver, especially with repeat customers ... love the ability to quickly send a confirmation to our guests. We helped sell your system to another local bed and breakfast!

Pros
Ability to enter reservation via cell phones, iPads, etc. while away from our B and B

Cons
Capturing customer data into excel to perform analysis on my own ... but I have not discussed this with customer service.

Millian Mendez

EZI is very good for the use that I have for it, a whole different category than just a hotel.

Reviewed 2017-08-22

That I am able to make reservations and send from any of my devices and adapt the software to what I actually need.

Pros
The software is very good for the use that I have for it. I used it in a different category than what it is actually set up for and so far up to now I have been able to adapt it for my needs.

Cons
Hi the new templates are a little bit confusing to someone that does not have all the technology and up to date features that has been recently installed.

Amy Cooley

Awesome software

Reviewed 2016-11-10

I moved this little inn from pencil and paper to having software. It has been a great experience getting everything online. The improvements that they continue to make keep making this more and more user friendly. I have recommended it several times and will continue to do so.

Pros
It is very user friendly.

Cons
Some of the changes that have been made were not made known to the users, so when we tried to make changes in a reservation it wouldn't allow it.

Amy Lane

Works for my company

Reviewed 2017-08-28

Convenience for Owners and staff. Works with our online website to show rooms that are sold out. The staff is easy to use it and the live chat option is great.

Pros
The quick add feature is nice. Additionally, we have enable automatic email confirmations in our system to be send.

Cons
Sometimes the names and emails for the guests profiles aren't recognizable. I have had to submit a few work orders for this.

Todd Derr

Easy to use and good response time from service dept

Reviewed 2017-08-31

Managing our bookings in real time

Pros
Ease of use for staff. Like the color coding option for us to differentiate bookings and situation at our Inn

Cons
How the reservations don't map well for Third Party bookings. Reservations will put guest in different rooms if they are a multi night booking and then we have to move them back around to get them in one room

Todd Derr

General Manager

Reviewed 2016-11-30

Been a good relationship with EZ Innkeeping. Support is good and responsive. Need to fix some elements of Direct Booking to make smoother for customer

Pros
Ease of use and mobility

Cons
Improve Direct connect issues to avoid overbookings. Also how multi day bookings get slotter into multiple rooms makes more work for customer and causes some confusion

Matthew Wood

Excellent Company and Excellent System

Reviewed 2016-11-08

I love most of the system. I bought it years ago because of its ease of use and style. I needed something with icons and pictures that would trigger my memory! 2 small issues. Guest Name field won't accept anything with hyphens or extra marks. So hyphenated names or names with umlauts etc never work. It's very odd. Secondly the viewing pain for CC done allow one to use when updating a payment or refunding. I have to pull out a paper to write the number down, then retype it into the field. Seems like there should be an easier way.

Pros
Ease of use. Colors and icons are clearly visible.

Cons
Name field won't allow hyphens or any marks.

Lauren Wunder-Wester

Overall it is good

Reviewed 2017-08-28

Easy use for all of my staff. Convenience for ownership. Sometimes the email confirmations are messed up though. Different fields don't read certain email addresses or names so hopefully that will get fixed.

Pros
Updates all the time. Color coding. Guest functions are easy to setup. Live chat is nice. It is easy to update the profiles.

Cons
Customer support can be difficult sometimes. Some of the functions are not the best. Group bookings aren't easy.

Response from GraceSoft

Dear Lauren,

Thank you for your feedback. We are working on some design changes to make group bookings more user friendly.

Diane Anderson

The program isn't set up to handle the way I book for my retreat. But the team customized it for me!

Reviewed 2017-08-22

Previous to using EasyInnkeeping, I was using Excel + Quickbooks + Google Calendar. This makes life SO much easier!

Pros
Tech support - 9 years ago when I started using the program, I had difficulty customizing it to handle the parameters for my retreat facility. The team was able to give me workarounds that make it work for me!

Cons
Sometimes it doesn't work the way I expect it to - sometimes status on the calendar doesn't show properly. I experience a little bit of difficulty editing the confirmation letters.

Donna Davis

No fuss software

Reviewed 2018-01-23

Easily accessible software over many platforms. If you have an internet connection, you're in.

Pros
The interface with Easy WebRez. The ease of use. The array of options available for your facility, regardless of size.

Cons
Has proven impossible to download all of MY data, on need. The inability to set seasonal rates by month/day only. Must redo every year and sometimes online bookers slip through with the off season rack rates.

Linda Fairley

Before EasyInnKeeping my business was a disaster. It was difficult to keep track of reservations.

Reviewed 2017-08-22

Helps me stay organized. Easy to use.

Pros
I like the fact that I can see everything on one page. There are many features that I haven't used yet, but will be using them because of their functionality.

Cons
One thing I've found that I don't like is that I can't change the name of the guest without deleting the reservation and re-creating it.

Sandra Rodriguez

OK

Organize reservations work.

Pros
User Friendly It was easy to set up. It is easy to use and visually easy to understand. For poeple that are not that computer literate, can be used immedately.

Cons
Glitches that do not allow you to perform certain tasks. such as not being able to get all fields in the reports.

Sahidur Mir

Very easy to access and use

Reviewed 2017-05-31

Pros
You can check pretty much everything and status recode etc. Printable. It has also inventory control provisions.

Cons
Not really. But one thing I should really like say that in the of enter the guest information need to click at least 2 times . If it fixed it will be the best software in the market.

Gisela Espinoza

Never had a problem using Easy InnKeeping since our company has started using it.

Reviewed 2017-08-28

Easy to use for our company. No double booking.

Pros
It is really easy to use. Easy to add and delete reservations. Especially months in advance. All updates have also worked great. I don't have any issues with Easy InnKeeping. Everything has worked great since our company has started using it.

Chris Kamens

Easy Innkeeping Software

Reviewed 2017-01-24

I work for a small 14-room hotel and we use Easy InnKeeping software. It's not exactly geared to our operation, but the GraceSoft staff have been very accommodating about adding enhancements to help lighten our load. Their help by chat is very, very good, with technicians who are committed to improving your experience and knowledge. I would recommend Easy InnKeeping for smaller hotel spaces.

Pros
Ease of use, adaptability to some of our more esoteric problems like two unrelated individuals in one room, each paying for his own accommodations.

Cons
The learning curve is pretty steep, but once you are experienced, the software is intuitive.

Sandra Rodriguez

Good for beginners

Reviewed 2016-11-30

For people who are not computer savvy, this is a good program to start. The challenges: not being able to produce the reports that I need even if I customize it, since you cannot get all categories in the report. Sometimes follow-up have not been the best with the issues I had asked to be assisted.

Pros
User friendly

Cons
Not being able to produce the reports I need.

Janine Baird

Easy Innkeeping - Gracesoft

Reviewed 2016-12-09

We are very happy with this software. Easy to use and the view is easy to the eye. We have looked at other programs and they were cumbersome to use and not eye friendly. I would recommend this software.

Pros
Very easy to use

Cons
None that I can think of

Conrad DeKam

Easy to use software.

Reviewed 2016-11-08

It took some time to set up, but now that it is set up it's an easy software to use. Ties in with our website easily, customers can book directly from our web site.

Pros
Easy to use. Integrates with our website so customers can book on line.

Cons
When entering data, refresh rate can be slow. For example, when entering a reservation, refreshes after entering data in each field, rather than after the information for the reservation is completed.

Erin Miller

Couldn't ask for better software

Reviewed 2018-01-23

Pros
Ease of use and functionality of the software for our 27 cabin resort! Also, the service is amazing!!

Cons
The one spot that I wish there was a better solution was I wish there was an App for smart phone use

Shelli Lachance

Best Hospitality software I have ever used!

Reviewed 2017-04-20

Their customer service is amazing and always available! Product is so easy to learn and use. They listen to your needs and making adjustments to your needs.

Pros

Cons
NOTHING!

Lori Hartung

Never had any issues that customer service did not promptly help to fix.

Reviewed 2017-08-22

Pros
System is very easy to train new staff on. Reporting and making changes on system is very easy. Love that I can auto generate letters to each & every guest!