Escapia Reviews

4.45/5 (75 reviews)

Cathy Landis

Escapia is a powerful professional tool to help you run your businss

Reviewed 2018-07-11

A powerful tool for the complete needs of a vacation rental management company, from providing guest quotes, customizing guest arrival experience, to managing accounts.The accounting side of this software is strong and a knowledgeable user has powerful tools. Owner statements are transparent and clearly structured. Correspondence is attractive and easy to customize. The various tools available for setting rates/manipulating rates are easy to use. The reservation grid is easy to understand, and the filters and quotes make the reservationists' work easier and more consistent. Integration with Glad Hospitality helps provide a good guest experience without much effort (once the initial setup is complete). The reports are informative and useful. Bank reconciliation tool is an absolute essential. Having used Escapia and other VRM software while working for other companies, when I started my own company, I knew the only software I wanted to use was Escapia.

Hayley Pletcher

Best Overall Management Software

Reviewed 2017-06-27

It makes the ease of making reservation easy for our staff overall and the guests have less wait time on the phone while making a reservation. The ease of adjusting rents and creating rate rules allows for more revenue at the end of each year without any mistakes.So many great things to say it is hard to know where to start. It is so easy to keep track of what is being completed where and by who. Always time stamps with names on holds, reservations, payments, refunds as well as email correspondence. The visual calendar is another added bonus because it gives a great overall picture of each home and dates that are and are not available so filing spots is very easy. The quick quote feature is fabulous as you can pick a home in the drop down menu and apply any filter and discounts that you already have up to any home easily. Web based is a very huge bonus because you are able to view any information on any device no matter where you are. The software also links up to many other sites so linking and sharing homes and rates is as easy as clicking a button and everything feeds right over. The quick search button at the top makes it very easy to find reservations that are valid or cancelled without having to use many steps.

Joy Maples

Absolutely Over the Top Pleased with Escapia by HomeAway!

Reviewed 2014-10-20

I made the decision that Escapia would suit our needs best (in Feb of 2014).The integration is very detailed, but I knew what the end goal was when I had researched Escapia. One determining factor in going with Escapia, was the fact that HomeAway was so active and aggressive in this industry. It only made sense to partner with the Giant and take advantage of all the opportunities it would offer my company. The things that I consider absolute PROS: They have automated all the tedious/time consuming processes such as rate building & yield management that I would spend days and hours on with our old software & now I do in about 30 minutes. I have the option of building my own rules & rate tiers, depending on our need to maximize occupancy & revenue. After my initial rules are built, I do not have to go in and spend 2 hours a day to make sure this is done..Escapia made it simple & it DOES the work for me. My saved time = revenue saved and made because I can now focus on new projects to produce new revenue streams. Escapia also has so many opportunities to partner with multiple booking sites, that I have "new eyes" looking and finding my company every hour of every day. For our marketing platform, I struggle with tracking and integrating between the time we developed a concept ->to putting it on our sites -> to launching the promotion(via any platform) ->to analytics->to eCommerce->to complete tracking. With our old software, it took sometimes a week to set all of that up from start to finish. With Escapia, I do it all at once, Again, so many saved hours and best of all ACCURATE Tracking and Conversion Reports & a websites that do what they are supposed to do: WORK. They have support that answer and listen to the issue and most of the time walk you thru it and find the problem immediately and "teach" you how to address and fix it. That is worth the integration itself. You have to do the work on the front end but after that it is pretty painless & we have more than made back the cost of the software in saved time, revenue, happy guests, our favorite: HAPPY OWNERS. The owner access is simple, easy & our owners are more than pleased with this aspect of Escapia & they have noticed the new and maximized exposure Escapia gives us. I can say without hesitation, I made THE BEST choice for our company and could not be more pleased and my expectations have been blown away by Escapia and what it gives me.

suzanne temple

Best software out there for Property Managers

Reviewed 2018-12-05

WE are very proud to be a part of the Escapia partnership with their software we have experienced tremendous growth year over year. By providing an excellent product we can spend more time on the things that matter.Throughout the years our staff has worked with Barefoot, Property Plus and Property Boss. Escapia by far is the best choice for us. We like the grid view and the ease of reporting as well as the high level of support given by the customer service staff and account relations. If you advertise on HomeAway websites like VRBO the integration is seamless and easy. Great group of innovative individuals who are constantly trying to improve the software and stay ahead of the competitors

Gary Taylor

We've built our whole company using Escapia. The sales and tech support teams are incredible.

Reviewed 2017-11-02

Easy to use. Good owner statement and reporting features. Grid based inventory. Support questions are immediately addressed.

Karrie Lasater

Escapia is by far the best software I have ever used!!

Reviewed 2016-11-08

I have nothing but positive things to say about Escapia software. It is the best!! They are constantly making it better by doing upgrades and adding features to an already great platform! This software has great functionality and is easy to use. It integrates with our website so our guests can see live availability calendars. The automatic payment processing along with some many other features are huge time savers. The customer support is phananominal! I always get a live person who is knowledgeable and can quickly help me solve what ever challenge I am having! They always follow-up to make sure everything is working correctly and to be sure the resolution is working. I highly recommend Escapia! You will be happy you converted to it! I know we are!!Easy of use and Customer Support

Pamela Specker

Great integrative tool for property managers, it has allowed me to professionalize business systems.

Reviewed 2018-04-03

All business information in one place.There is a lot to learn at first and there was good training classes. Most beneficial is knowing there is customer support to support you with any issues and you can get that support right away. They are also helpful in customizing to meet our needs. It also becomes intuitive as time goes on. I love how it's integrated with HA/VRBO and Glad as well as other network partners, it makes my life easier.

Brittany Garger

Easy, efficient, and well worth the investment. We have been on for over 4 years now!

Reviewed 2018-02-27

Easy to use, constant updates with details/advanced notice and how-tos, many....MANY reports from which to choose. Great marketing API feeds for listing sites/software to help you succeed in the vacation rental space, color-coded reservation grid for easy filtering and tracking.

Bethany Siu

A Big Complicated Software.

Reviewed 2017-01-05

Escape has a lot of features, and potentially a lot of power, but it's so complicated that it's easy to miss a step and mess something up badly. Almost nothing about the software is user-friendly or intuitive, everything is convoluted and complicated, and requires many steps and a lot of double-checking. This also applies to EscapiaNET, which is also not as straightforward as one would hope since property information shows up differently on different platforms. I would count this one of the most useful features of Escapia. We have enjoyed being able to integrate with Glad To Have You and use that for guest communication and contracts, and we also push our properties out to other platforms. EscapiaNET is not without flaws and we have had issues even integrating with VRBO (which is also owned by HomeAway so you would think that would be easy), mostly because of the number of complicated, easy-to-forget steps to make sure everything is perfect in Escape. However, to be fair, I don't know if integration through any other property management software would provide better integration. As it does seem like a very challenging thing to do well. Escape customer support has done a good job troubleshooting and explaining how things work when I contact them. There are also lots of training resources, self-help articles, explanatory videos, etc, available. I have also heard that the Escape accounting features are useful and thorough. I have not had any experience with the accounting side of Escapia.

Shawn Spiezio

Escapia Keeps Getting Better

Reviewed 2016-11-08

The Escapia/HomeAway team has a great group of individuals that I believe truly care for the future and well being of our company as well as other property management companies. Escapia offers a great training program for new employees as well as ongoing support and training for existing users. Every facet of the software is being constantly improved. Reservationists enjoy the grid's flexibility and functionality. Housekeepers love the Housekeeping dashboard. The use of automatic payments and contracts have been gamechangers in saving time and improving efficiency. Overall, I'm not sure if you will find a better rental management software and team behind it for the money. We love it. Yield managment, training, uservoice, automatic payments

Melissa Spence

Great investment for this small vacation rental company.

Reviewed 2017-12-19

Increased online exposure The software is easy to use and has met the needs of our small rental office. We enjoy the self paced online tutorials for training new staff members. We are glad they have streamlined the Glad to Have you product directly into Escapia. They are always working to make the program better & more efficient.

Hayley Pletcher

Great Software

Reviewed 2016-11-08

Like the new features that are constantly being added to the software, constantly making each function more efficient. Another great things is that it directly feeds into other 3rd party websites so rates are photos are always up to date. The visual planner is perfect for managing many homes all at once with a quick scroll. I definitely recommend Escapia if you are looking for a user friendly easy to use software. It is very secure with passwords needing to be changed often and security questions. The new automatic payments tool is a great feature. Very user friendly and make it easy to navigate. Great for managing many homes and never having a double book problem.

Karen Bobe

Rental Software that allows me to grow my business

Reviewed 2016-11-08

I have been in the vacation rental industry for over 15 years and have been using Escapia for the last four years. A few of the reasons I am pleased with Escapia are: it is cloud based, extremely user friendly, integrates well with 3rd party channels, has built in auto responder to inquiries & auto sign contract capability, has great maintenance and housekeeping portals, and most importantly fantastic support. Another huge item to me is Escapia continually develops new ways to not only improve the product, but it truly focuses on ways their product can help my business grow. Hands down, best rental software I have ever used!Ease of use, housekeeping and maintenance portals

Crystal Murphy

Vacation Management Made Easy!

Reviewed 2018-06-25

This software makes it super easy to manage properties from adding them onto a program to renting the units on a weekly basis. It is very user friendly once you have everything set up. It puts the reservation process, owner management, and accounting into one system to make it easy to manage.

Emily Vandall

If we leave Escapia, I quit.

Reviewed 2016-11-09

The software is incredible. Support is a-ma-zing. Our Client Solutions Manager is possibly the most responsive person I've met in my whole life. Hands-down, my favorite thing about Escapia is that THEY are never satisfied with where they are. Any question I have or suggestion for improving functionality is taken seriously. I have never worked with any software (in this industry or any other) that is so in tune to what their clients want. I've told our business owner, "If we change software, I quit."Escapia is never happy with the status quo. They listen to clients and make sure the software grows with our needs.

thomas lane

Great support & value. Could update some functionalities

Reviewed 2016-11-10

The flat rate per property is very fair and much cheaper than other PM softwares that charge a percentage per booking (LiveRez). The system is relatively easy to use but could really benefit users and increase efficiency if they updated some functionalities such as custom filtering for reports (rather than having a set amount of pre-made reports and switching the photo function to drag placement ordering rather than drop-down box number ordering. Escapia is very receptive to new ideas which you can submit through User voice. Their support staff is exceptional.Lots of functionalities and seamless integration with crucial partner sites such as homeaway, vrbo, GTHY and point central

Anonymous

Great software that provides efficient property management

Reviewed 2017-10-05

they are well integrated within the hospitality industry and have multiple software options for smaller companies. I like the features that it provides and the customer support (rep) that we receive. I like the maintenance app, the housekeeping dashboard, new owner portal, online university and dynamic pricing model that is in process (beta currently).

Paula Segal

The Tool That Let Our Business Grow

Reviewed 2018-11-12

It is always uncomfortable to change software but once you go through process it is very rewarding. The biggest hurdle is getting all the info transferred and entered. We took our time and did not try to rush the process and this made it easier on everyone the day we went live.We needed a software that would not only book all our reservations but integrate with our accounting. This has been the biggest asset. It does not let anything fall through the cracks.

Brian Brannigan

Support is great but some changes to program seem rushed and not thought out well.

Reviewed 2017-10-04

Escapia is a great retail rental reservation and property management software for vacation rental property managers. The system is always online and support is excellent. The industry is evolving quickly and Escapia tries to stay current.The reservations section is very good, distribution partners, and support is great to communicate with. Trust the software and never reporting for reservations.

Tere Lautner

Escapia has gotten bigger and better over the last 7 years that we have been using the software.

Reviewed 2017-10-05

Ease of use. The reservation grid is simple and reliable, giving you an accurate overview of bookings and availability. The support staff is excellent. Someone always answers the phone and has the solution, it wasn't always like that a few years ago. There are plenty of options with rate rules. Making last minute adjustments is not overly time consuming.

Bethany Siu

Ugly and complicated, but mostly works

Reviewed 2018-03-08
Review Source: Software Advice

Escapia does do most of what it needs to. Especially from an accounting perspective, Escapia works for managing properties and owners, rates, fees, contracts, etc. Escapia also does integrate (with some flaws...) with a lot of other property softwares and listing sites. Finally, I have had mostly good experiences working with Escapia Support, and Homeaway Integration support when trying to figure out integration issues between Escapia and VRBO and other listing sites.

Anonymous

Escapia has worked great for our companies needs.

Reviewed 2017-11-14

As our business has grown the software has made our day to day work easier and more streamlined. Escapia has been great about adding and updating the product on a regular basis with customers imput.We have used Escapia for years and have seen a lot of changes along the way. The software is easy to use and train new employees on.

Victoria Vidmar

Escapia is very user friendly,

Reviewed 2018-04-02

Escapia is very easy to use. The reports are very detailed and easy to read. The month end processing is a breeze. Adding and deleting properties is a step-by-step processes which makes things easier and leaves less room for error.

Liz Corriveau

Tremendous support staff, so patient and helpful.

Reviewed 2017-11-22

There are so many great capabilities of the system, and we are a very small rental company, so there actually was more than we would have ever needed. We describe it as buying a Bentley when you really needed a Honda.There is huge flexibility and capability with Escapia and the reporting functionality is vast. I know that when calling the support line, they are there to help and they do so with the utmost of professionalism and patience.

Jeanie Bethel

Using Escapia has streamlined our business in a very positive way!

Reviewed 2017-10-05

The customer support is on point, and a huge for us. Love the various reports, OwnerWeb Portal, Software University and "Online Community." Keeps our company ahead of the game.