Escapia Logo

Escapia

Vacation rental software and guest management system

Escapia Reviews

4.4

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.95/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

We enjoy the self paced online tutorials for training new staff members. We are glad they have streamlined the Glad to Have you product directly into Escapia.
The reservations section is very good, distribution partners, and support is great to communicate with. Trust the software and never reporting for reservations.
Sales representative clueless about the poor performance of the software. System crashes while trainer is demonstrating the software - "hmm, that shouldn't be happening.

HP

Hayley P.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Best Overall Management Software

It makes the ease of making reservation easy for our staff overall and the guests have less wait time on the phone while making a reservation. The ease of adjusting rents and creating rate rules allows for more revenue at the end of each year without any mistakes.

Pros

So many great things to say it is hard to know where to start. It is so easy to keep track of what is being completed where and by who. Always time stamps with names on holds, reservations, payments, refunds as well as email correspondence. The visual calendar is another added bonus because it gives a great overall picture of each home and dates that are and are not available so filing spots is very...

Cons

When adding some new charges they can be hard to track if you are not 100% sure which report that you should be running to find them. Processing revenue can be difficult at some times when guests are in house and reservations crossover between months. This is mostly because if you need to adjust a reservation and revenue has already been processed it can cause some errors with commissions. Just have to be extra aware of what you are doing to not make any mistakes.

CL

Cathy L.

Escapia is a powerful professional tool to help you run your businss

A powerful tool for the complete needs of a vacation rental management company, from providing guest quotes, customizing guest arrival experience, to managing accounts.

Pros

The accounting side of this software is strong and a knowledgeable user has powerful tools. Owner statements are transparent and clearly structured. Correspondence is attractive and easy to customize. The various tools available for setting rates/manipulating rates are easy to use. The reservation grid is easy to understand, and the filters and quotes make the reservationists' work easier and...

Cons

Features for automated or scheduled correspondence are weak. There is no "notes" area associated with owners for keeping a record of requests, authorizations, etc. Because it is a powerful system, to develop the skills necessary to fully take advantage of its many useful features means you need to invest some time and effort. That is not really a "con" to me. If you have a good tool, you want...

Medicore Software In A Sea Of Mediocrity

Pros

Tries very hard to be an all in one solution, direct integration with HomeAway/VRBO, good customer support, the team is clearly working hard on improvements but it's a bit like trying to push a dinosaur up a hill.

Cons

Very disjointed, I often refer to it as frankenstein because it feels like all the modules were poorly connected together. Does not have an open API so integration with other systems is limited. Overall the software is very old and outdated and while improvements are on the horizon, they are coming slowly and in the meanwhile my patience is running out.

JM

Joy M.

Absolutely Over the Top Pleased with Escapia by HomeAway!

I made the decision that Escapia would suit our needs best (in Feb of 2014).The integration is very detailed, but I knew what the end goal was when I had researched Escapia. One determining factor in going with Escapia, was the fact that HomeAway was so active and aggressive in this industry. It only made sense to partner with the Giant and take advantage of all the opportunities it would offer my...

st

suzanne t.

Best software out there for Property Managers

WE are very proud to be a part of the Escapia partnership with their software we have experienced tremendous growth year over year. By providing an excellent product we can spend more time on the things that matter.

Pros

Throughout the years our staff has worked with Barefoot, Property Plus and Property Boss. Escapia by far is the best choice for us. We like the grid view and the ease of reporting as well as the high level of support given by the customer service staff and account relations. If you advertise on HomeAway websites like VRBO the integration is seamless and easy. Great group of innovative individuals who are constantly trying to improve the software and stay ahead of the competitors

Cons

Sometimes there are a few too many steps to get things done, but when you provide feedback to the support staff they will work to improve things. We really feel like partners with with Escapia team.

KZ

Katie Z.

Great Software for Vacation Rental Business

Great software for a small to medium sized vacation rental business!

Pros

Switching from our old PMS was handled very well by the implementation staff and we are so glad we made the move! The most important part to our decision to switch was the integration with VRBO/Homeaway and bring able to work with a website host/digital marketing agency that understands our PMS.

Cons

The service order module is not set up well for how we run our maintenance staff. Our staff is not able to enter a task assigned to a unit number with an amount of time associated with it, that we can then transfer to an owner statement to be charged. There are too many fields that need to be filled out and it just doesn't make sense for us.

HP

Hayley P.

Great Software

Like the new features that are constantly being added to the software, constantly making each function more efficient. Another great things is that it directly feeds into other 3rd party websites so rates are photos are always up to date. The visual planner is perfect for managing many homes all at once with a quick scroll. I definitely recommend Escapia if you are looking for a user friendly easy to use software.

Pros

It is very secure with passwords needing to be changed often and security questions. The new automatic payments tool is a great feature. Very user friendly and make it easy to navigate. Great for managing many homes and never having a double book problem.

Cons

Having to custom build some reports to be run

GC

Gail C.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

I’m not liking the changes Homeaway has made

I have a good account manager that helps me through the changes they make, and that has made my decision to continue to list with them easier. They used to be a lot more “ vacation manager friendly”. I prefer to stay with the subscription model vs the PP, and feel like since they changed I haven’t been getting as good of booking results.

Pros

The reach that Homeaway /Escapia has is undeniably huge. I like that they have established a bridge or portal with my software company, so I only have to enter the listing info once.

Cons

I really dislike the way they have changed their business platform from a marketing platform to a booking platform.

KB

Karen B.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Rental Software that allows me to grow my business

I have been in the vacation rental industry for over 15 years and have been using Escapia for the last four years. A few of the reasons I am pleased with Escapia are: it is cloud based, extremely user friendly, integrates well with 3rd party channels, has built in auto responder to inquiries & auto sign contract capability, has great maintenance and housekeeping portals, and most importantly fantastic support. Another huge item to me is Escapia continually develops new ways to not only improve the product, but it truly focuses on ways their product can help my business grow. Hands down, best rental software I have ever used!

Pros

Ease of use, housekeeping and maintenance portals

Cons

A few minor glitches occasionally, but they are always on top of it!

BB

Brian B.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Support is great but some changes to program seem rushed and not thought out well.

Escapia is a great retail rental reservation and property management software for vacation rental property managers. The system is always online and support is excellent. The industry is evolving quickly and Escapia tries to stay current.

Pros

Cons

Lead management system, service orders, and some accounting reports are very challenging to use and we use outside software for these functions.

MV

Michael V.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Great product, full of features

Great customer service. Very robust feature list. I couldn't possibly manage our rental list without a strong piece of software like Escapia.

Pros

Escapia really is a full-service solution. Reservations, housekeeping, trust accounting...it's all in there and works together. I looked at several options before choosing Escapia and none of the others offered as complete a system. Also, they have amazing customer service. Tech support is great. They respond quickly and are very knowledgable.

Cons

The biggest complaint I have isn't about Escapia, but about HomeAway. When HomeAway switched to secure messaging, it made it more difficult to deal with inquiries in Escapia. Also, there are of course some minor changes I'd like them to make to Escapia, but they are constantly improving it.

AS

Ashley S.

Amazing Software!

From the customer service line to the software everything runs seamlessly.

Pros

Easy to set up and learn. Great reports!

Cons

I have had a bad experience with the software to date.

SS

Shawn S.

Escapia Keeps Getting Better

The Escapia/HomeAway team has a great group of individuals that I believe truly care for the future and well being of our company as well as other property management companies. Escapia offers a great training program for new employees as well as ongoing support and training for existing users. Every facet of the software is being constantly improved. Reservationists enjoy the grid's flexibility and functionality. Housekeepers love the Housekeeping dashboard. The use of automatic payments and contracts have been gamechangers in saving time and improving efficiency. Overall, I'm not sure if you will find a better rental management software and team behind it for the money. We love it.

Pros

Yield managment, training, uservoice, automatic payments

Cons

Still think there's room for improvement on the service order side.

EV

Emily V.

11-50 employees

If we leave Escapia, I quit.

The software is incredible. Support is a-ma-zing. Our Client Solutions Manager is possibly the most responsive person I've met in my whole life. Hands-down, my favorite thing about Escapia is that THEY are never satisfied with where they are. Any question I have or suggestion for improving functionality is taken seriously. I have never worked with any software (in this industry or any other) that is so in tune to what their clients want. I've told our business owner, "If we change software, I quit."

Pros

Escapia is never happy with the status quo. They listen to clients and make sure the software grows with our needs.

Cons

Check in! It's not functional. We go off-book and use a Google Spreadsheet. It has a long way to go.

PS

Paula S.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees

The Tool That Let Our Business Grow

It is always uncomfortable to change software but once you go through process it is very rewarding. The biggest hurdle is getting all the info transferred and entered. We took our time and did not try to rush the process and this made it easier on everyone the day we went live.

Pros

We needed a software that would not only book all our reservations but integrate with our accounting. This has been the biggest asset. It does not let anything fall through the cracks.

Cons

Rates are the biggest issue that we have found difficult but support has always been there to assist us.

LC

Liz C.

Tremendous support staff, so patient and helpful.

There are so many great capabilities of the system, and we are a very small rental company, so there actually was more than we would have ever needed. We describe it as buying a Bentley when you really needed a Honda.

Pros

There is huge flexibility and capability with Escapia and the reporting functionality is vast. I know that when calling the support line, they are there to help and they do so with the utmost of professionalism and patience.

SH

Stefan H.

Real Estate, 201-500 employees

Escapia Review

Pros

The Grid - easy to navigate the Reports. As I have now used Escapia for six years, and within my 3 companies I have had the pleasure and sometimes hard times with the software. I have seen it go through many versions and add on many functions that we have asked for. The customer service has always been great!

Cons

Reports need to be streamlined

DK

Diane K.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

escapia is great on many levels and you have some terrific associates. but there are still challeng

on line reservations. home away pm app.

Pros

The support team is great. The reservation system is also great. The marketing is also good. EAsy to use

Cons

Reviews do not transfer over to homeaway and vrbo listing correctly. does not talk to quick books in accounting. Service orders are not the easiest to use. needs work.

BG

Brittany G.

Management Software that makes your life easier!

We switched from Entech to Escapia at the beginning of 2014. We were a bit skeptical at first with the costs and how "awesome" this software was presented to us. After full implementation and using the product for over 10 months now, we couldn't be happier. The time this software has allowed us to focus on other important aspects of our business is huge. This is a one-stop-shop and is perfect for training...

tl

traci l.

This software makes my job easier

Pros

links with HomeAway/Vrbo. Web based software so i can access using my iphone or ipad. The automatic payment is a great feature also.

Cons

customer support sometimes takes awhile to respond/fix an issue and takes awhile to respond to a question.

TS

Tyrone S.

Best Vacation software

I Love you guys and all that you Do !!!!!

Pros

This is the worlds best software. I love the fact that it is really step by step for everything

Cons

The HSKP program or tab is not so user friendly

NB

Nikhil B.

Human Resources, 51-200 employees

Great Vacation Rental PMS

Pros

- Rate engine - Mobile web Housekeeping tools - Feedback voting forum for new enhancements - Eventual integration with Airbnb (not there yet) - Automated payment and reminder engine - Owner Portal - Accounting with a lot of features - Guest concierge mobile app - Support is amazing and all in the USA

Cons

- Correspondence could use more automation

B(

Bertha (Kiki) N.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

I appreciate the prompt service when I need it.

I came in not understanding the program well with no one to assist me. Help centers and their representatives were so helpful to walk me through and issues and training. Thanks!

Pros

User friendly

Cons

always room for improvement

AS

Alexander S.

Escapia for Vacation rental Managers

We have been clients of Escapia since 2009 and found it to be one the best platforms for our call center to use when booking reservations. We have had many requests for software enhancement over this time period and have been pleasantly pleased with the Escapia's/Homeaway's response to our needs. The ease at which our staff at multiple levels is able to learn the use of the program is a time saver...

MP

Mandi P.

Room for improvement

Escapia is taking feedback and appear to be working to improve the software. Currently though it is a daily frustration. The system stops working daily, it's slow, doesn't communicate well with our other software systems. Hoping the new updates later this year will remedy many of the issues we've experienced.

Pros

For the most part it is easy to use and mostly self-explanatory for creating and monitoring reservations.

Cons

It experiences glitches or stops working almost daily. We continuously receive a screen for "server error" or just a grey spinning wheel, that prevents your from doing anything. Many days we have to log off or clear cookies just to get it to work again. This happens far too frequently to be beneficial for our company.