eviivo

Channel Manager, Booking Engine & Property Management System

eviivo Reviews - Page 3

Very helpful systems

I began looking for a channel manager about 2 years ago. I was advertising my 2 holiday rental apartments on 2 websites and was looking for more exposure. I had already experienced the dreaded "double booking" an unpleasant and sometimes rather expensive situation, which I was determined should never happen again, a more professional approach was required.

Pros

Xotelia is a straightforward set up, with very good support. It allows me to advertise on several international sites, with no chance of the dreaded "double booking" Regular updates remind me of any upcoming and new bookings. The software is quick and easy to access. The customer support is second to none.

Cons

Office hours. No bridge to my local Tourist office reservations.

Dear Andrew, We are happy to hear our solution fits your need. We are looking forward a long lasting collaboration! Cheers, The Xotelia Team

A great product, to which we were introduced when we started out 14 years ago.

They have always tried to be helpful whenever we have asked, and were good enough to make us one of their finalists as a "quirky stay". I have the feeling however that they are now so big and successful that the single product client (as opposed to the multiple owner or large chain) is more of a nuisance - especially one who isn't really "into" all the social media exercise.

Pros

It takes the strain of managing the calendar - and in so doing keeps us on the level

Cons

They have revised the boking system, and while it is very clever we find it also very confusing because the online instructions for use are complicated perhaps inevitable because it is so clever!

A Fantastic tool to manage a guesthouse business

The Xotelia software is extremely reliable. It save a lot of time by condensing all calendars in a same and unique system.

Pros

Its easy to make a booking, easy to find a reservation among all others. Great to be able to send a confirmation with all the necessary details for the guests

Cons

The Office of tourism software called "suite logiciel Ingenie" do not match your criteria, therefore It's impossible to share their calendars

Thank you very much for the positive feedback! You are our best ambassador :)

eviivo suite Review

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is amazing.

Pros

Detailed, relatively easy to learn. However, without the assistance of some of Eviivo's representatives, I would have been desperate. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is totally incredible. She is kind, knowledgeable, patient, and ready to offer assistance. With her help I have been able to resolve several major issues regarding the eviivo set up. I am so happy I can turn to her for guidance. Thank you, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!!!

Cons

Tedious process of acquiring the potential guests addresses. But that, after almost two years, has been rectified.

Eviivo is the way to go.

I use the system to manage all my reservations and payment. Completely satisfied.

Pros

The software is easy to learn and use. It makes managing reservations from booking to check-out and payment stress free. Highly professional and accessible support team is always available.

Cons

After the initial set up and implementation it has run smoothly and efficiently. It is easy to modify and add to.

Perfect Reservation App for Our Small B&B

Pros

Ease of use to set up room rates, season and events was good. Strong graphics of booking calendar are strong features of eviivo suite. Recent updates(more communication templates and automated cleaning buffers) due to COVID19 have been great.

Cons

The basic suite doe not provide a mobile app. This capability is only available on higher-end packages and is an extra charge. In this day and age, the mobile app needs to be included in every suite configuration.

Thank you for the review, Craig. Stay tuned in regards to advances in the mobile app in both capabilities and pricing!

Setting Up Campground

I’m hoping because we only have our campground open less than 6 months out of the year. We will get a price break on the additional slots we needed to use for campground. We also have 28 slots we use year round for our lodge. Please let us know.

Pros

First of all we truly loved working with Dyana from Eviivo! She took the extra time to walk us through the set up process, answer all my questions, and was extremely knowledgeable in all aspects of set up. She is a saint, because I’m not very tech savvy! So far so good with the software. We just began using it and we may need a few tweaks but I’m happy!

Cons

Have not used long enough to say. However I will let you know as I use it more and I get feedback from our guests as they make their own reservations

We are very pleased with Xotelia

Both my husband and I like Xotelia. This software makes it possible to have more than one booking agency without risking double bookings. We also have good experience when it comes to product support.

Pros

Xotelia is very easy to use and it gives us a good overview of daily arrivals and departures, as well as of the latest bookings. It is also easy to make a manual reservation.

Cons

When we need to change a booking, we must first cancel the entire booking and thereafter make a new booking. In this process we are always afraid that someone else for a minute or so can reserve the room we are on our way to reserve. But that is perhaps not the case?

Hi Rosmari, We are very grateful for the review left! Remember you can get 2 extra month for free if you decide to refer us a friend. We wish you a busy summer season! Cheers, The Xotelia Team

Cost effective booking system with no commission

Extremely bad experience during set up where our listings in Booking.com and Expedia were "off-line" for weeks and o reservations received. However the reservation system is very good and provides a booking facility from my own website at an affordable price. Once the initial transfer from Webervations was completed the applied experience is excellent. (Although with Covid 19 we are shutdown at present)

Pros

Good reservation system for my own website with cost recovered with one stay as no commission is charged. Reasonably easy to use and keep up to date with reservations, etc. The block feature is excellent and we like the multi-function management of reservations and pricing. The seasonal feature provides for convenient management for given seasons of business.

Cons

No personal contact. Unable to reach anyone by phone and no one ever returns phone calls / reported problems. The 'Chanel Manager' was a disaster, and completely screwed up our Expedia listing. So much so that we are no longer with Expedia. Expedia repeatedly blamed eviivo and eviivo blamed Expedia. We do not want nor will ever want the 'Chanel Manager'. Expedia said that eviivo caused our listing to be invalid and we would need to sign a new contract that was completely unacceptable. Hence we are no longer with Expedia.

Epic implosion of quality and functionality after 17 years...

Pros

We have had a B&B since 1998, and, when we opened, we used Munsenware's excellent stand-alone Guest Tracker system. As with most other specialized software, Munsenware and Guest Tracker have been sold several times over. Until about 4 years ago, the company remained responsive to the needs of its specialized client-base. As HomeAway has grown and become spread out over the hospitality spectrum, its...

Cons

Over the past year, Silverlight has been unsupported by an increasing number of web browsers including Chrome, Opera, and, as the greatest irony, MS's own replacement of Explorer, MS Edge. We are Mac users, and, until this week, Safari was still usable. Now it is not. Our final in-house work-around is Mozilla Firefox which has experienced a couple of Silverlight-related crashes since installation. I am praying that RezOvation will continue working on Firefox just long enough so that we can complete our migration to another provider. Despite communicating our issues to HomeAway, there have been no fixes, just more dead-ends. I loved Guest Tracker and the early iterations of Rezo, but we will be taking our business elsewhere.

Wonderful Lodging Reservation System

Great!

Pros

The Eviivo system has worked very well for our lodging property. The ease of setup and maintenance are great!

Cons

Figuring out special features like packages.

Better than the last

I am very happy with Eviivo. With the support I have received, I feel like I can really just about do anything well into my 80's.

Pros

I really appreciate a lot of things. 1. I like that I can print invoices. The last system I used did not have that feature. I had to create my own. 2. I like the Diary. It is much more useful and easier to use than what I was using before. 3. The customer service people have always been helpful and very informative every time I call.

Cons

1. It was a lot harder and more tedious to set up than the last one I was using. 2. It does not require my guest's to provide a full address when they book.

Had to switch

It functions just enough to get us through the day. We are not impressed so far.

Pros

It is mostly similar in function to our old software, which was acquired by Eviivo.

Cons

Our old software company was acquired by Eviivo, so we had no choice in the matter of switching to it. So far, customer service is very difficult to contact, although it is a bit better than it was the first few weeks we had it. There are glitches and interruptions in service. It frequently logs you out, with no option to do so less often. In fact, it is not customizable at all, and our confirmation letters, for instance, do not read as we'd like. Reports are difficult to obtain, and not being able to customize them, do not contain all the information we need to give housekeeping, etc. There is nowhere to record our extensive database of gift certificate numbers.

Perfect for small properties

Overall I have been pleased with the service received

Pros

Ease of use with OTAs, ease of use for front desk personnel, mobility of use for working out of the office

Cons

Used to be difficult to remove OTA reservations that changed or cancelled, they have since made it easier to contact them for removal

Hi Lisa- Thank you so much for making time to review eviivo! We're thrilled to hear eviivo suite is perfect for your property and convenient to use (even out of the office)! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to continuing to be a trusted partner and industry ally.

Channel manager for accomodations bookings

With this suite I don't have to be glued to my computer or tablet. I know when someone books they have received a confirmation and the calendars have been updated so I wont get any double bookings.

Pros

This program updates the calendars of all the on line booking agents (OTAs) that I use along with my own web site. It is like having a staff member.

Cons

I thought it would drive more direct bookings but the majority of my bookings have been through the OTAs

Un outil important de travail

I work with xotelia 3 years now and I see the company evaluate, grow every year. Very important util of work and I'm really happy to have it. Still have things to evaluated more, but it is very very nice and useful

Pros

The immediate update of all the internet channel. This help to overpass over bookings problems.

Cons

Some channel still waiting for evoluation, like the link with Hotelbeds.

Merci Elina pour vos feedback! Nous sommes heureux que notre produit réponde à vos attentes et espérons pouvoir accompagner votre établissement dans la gestion de vos réservations le plus longtemps possible. Nous vous souhaitons une belle saison! L'équipe Xotelia

Easy to use and full of the needed features

Pros

Eviivo was so easy to integrate with our practices and it changed the way we work for the better. More direct contact with the clients reserving, no more errors or double booking, super easy integration with our website.

Cons

I do not see anything negative about your software. It is just great and easy to use.

Up to date real time bookings

One stop shop

Pros

Simple to operate and keep all my bookings in one place never had a double booking with eviivo. Eviivo was my first point of contact back in 2012 and I have used the suite to both manage my bookings as well as my website

Cons

Only niggle is not being able to simply move a close out - have to delete it then re close out. Sadly its a shame that there is an ongoing monthly charge even if no bookings have come through but this has been evened out with no charges on direct online bookings

"Less is More"

*80% of the required information, including images of the property and rooms, already lists on the perspective clients website, therefore this is redundant and nonessential. *Eviivo is merely the reservations booking engine for a company, who already has a website, therefore the format and the content of the entire booking engine should be MUCH more simplistic. The plethora of "bells & whistles" is...

Pros

Thus far...nothing. After reading all of the online reviews, I am extremely concerned about loosing business and revenue, by being forced to switch to Eviivo, from Webervations, which I am VERY happy with.

Cons

*required input of redundant information, which already lists on my business website (pictures & property/room details) *lack of tech support *the current format is not user friendly; needs to be much more simplistic *system does not allow a party of 2 guests to book a larger room (Booking Engine will only display available rooms that match the number of guests) *lack of pricing breakdown for individual dates, when multiple dates are booked *lodging verbiage which is irrelevant to businesses located in the USA

Hi Dawn, We're sorry to hear of the difficulties you experienced with getting help when you migrated across to eviivo suite from Webervations. We experienced some difficulties in being able to get back to customers during this period and apologise for the service level during this time If you'd like to discuss this with us personally please do provide us with some contact details and we'll be in touch. Regards, eviivo

Excellent management system.

We went from taking phone calls and opening emails for bookings then dealing with replies and questions, which is very time consuming, to having all customer booking details and payments dealt with by Eviivo with very little effort from us. It was such a relief to find a system so easy to use and for a very reasonable fee.

Pros

So easy to navigate and use. It captures all relevant information from the online travel agents and puts it in one user friendly space.

Cons

There is nothing to dislike with this software system.

Even the IRS has better customer support

Pros

The software has some good potential. It's overall interface is nice and it should in theory be able to connect with many ota's.

Cons

There is practically no customer support in the USA. I realize they are quite busy migrating customers from rezovation to eviivo, but thats no excuse for completely ignoring your customers. we had a problem with our migration from Rezovation to Eviivo. A lot of our historic data from the last few months disappeared. I've left Voicemails and online queries for the last 10 days and no one ever...

Hi Michael, We're sorry to hear of the difficulties you experienced with getting help when you migrated across to eviivo suite from Rezo. We did experience some difficulties in being able to get back to customers during this period and apologise for the service level during this time If you could provide us with some contact details we would like to be able to get in touch to discuss this personally with you. Regards, eviivo

Eviivo

Pros

Eviivo is quite user-friendly and definitely affordable compared to other software packages. I appreciate that I can use only the aspects that I need (I don't take payments through Eviivo, only use it as an avenue for guests to book a room themselves).

Cons

I would appreciate it if guests had to put more information about their trip like food allergies and special needs, reason for travel to our area, full address (I can't tell what state they are coming from, approximate time of arrival, how they heard of us, etc).

The Smithfield Inn's review

Pros

This software is very user friendly.

Cons

The biggest con would be the monthly charge; seems a bit expensive.

Excellent online booking app for b&b's

For 2 year now, I use the Xotelia app for my b&b (5 rooms) and one tourist residence in Montréal, Québec. This is the perfect platform to manage my direct , Booking and Expedia reservations. My occupation rate has simply exploded!!! Xotelia is a human size and dynamic company and provides a great professional service.

Pros

It's user friendly and good money for the value. It's advancing very rapidly and constantly evolving.

Cons

Hi Philippe, Thank you for the positive review. We are glad to hear that our solution helps you boost your sales! Wishing you a very busy summer season! Cheers, The Xotelia Team!

Decent hotel software

Overall has all the general features and is decent software.

Pros

Pretty simple to understand once it's explained to you. Like that it is intergrated with bedandbreakfast.com as well as the majority of the third party booking sites and changing room rates reflect across all those third party sites.

Cons

The mobile app is a little difficult and not the same interface on android vs an iphone. Unable to view what rooms are available all at once on a map like youd see on the desktop version.