Innkeeper's Advantage Reviews

Pros

Our overall experience with InnKeeper's Advantage was akin to a family, never like a business. We've grown and with our growth, so have they, and their product features just get better every year.

Joseph T.

I really am impressed with how well the software addresses the complexity of keeping track of reservations and payments. I love using the reports feature to help with book keeping.

Maryann D.

Innkeepers Advantage is perfectly priced. And, with all the new features added, you can tell they are serious about making it the best product on the market.

Ryan M.

Maryann D.

The smallness of the + you have to click on. As a 67 year old business owner, it is hard for me to see small print, even with my glasses.

Linda C.

At first, blocking rooms or making mass updates was clunky but since last year, they've make that task very easy...so by now, I can't think of any dislikes.

Joseph T.

4.9

When intuition pays off

Since our property is so unusual, we have had to work out guest misconceptions with OTA travelers and Innkeepers has been right there to help me avoid bad reviews/cancellations - OTA cancellations are down from 50% in the first year to less than 20%. That is good results. Every step from website setup to getting through our first year, Innkeepers was there when I needed them to pull me off the cliff...

Pros

Unbeatable price Value-added support for my startup BnB to help us avoid marketing that does not bear fruit Accessible when questions arise Well-thought out applications that are intuitive i.e., the calendar Yield management system will make future business management a snap Reports exportable Marketing/SEO knowledge Gorgeous Website, easy to use for guests on all platforms Extremely stable (no downtime)

Cons

- It takes awhile to become fluent in the system since it is so robust. - Some guests struggle with the reservation system - it's maybe not so obvious that they have to start by entering the dates of stay to have the system work fluidly. - Every once in a while a guest will lose the last step in the reservation process - hard to tell if this is operator error or a loss of connection over a mobile phone or what. Typically they call me and a few minutes on the phone works it out - I've never had an instance where the reservation didn't book.

The EXACT system for my needs (and yours)

Ease of use.

Pros

I've had the opportunity to work with the team at Innkeepers Advantage for quite some time. I wanted to find a company that was interested in helping make my B&B's a success story. I/A was exactly what I was looking for. I didn't want a clunky "pop-up" type reservation system that was designed to replicate my website. I wanted something that was integrated in my website by the same design team...

Cons

Great for B&B, not great for hotel

Pros

They built our hotel website for us. I am pretty sure this is built using an opensource Drupal module.

Cons

It is really made for a B&B. Lists every room. Not possible to book a room type. Integration or reconciling cash was not really possible.

Jason, Thank you for taking the time to review our product. Since you have not used our system for almost a year, I want to update you on how it currently works. Innkeeper's Advantage is still great for B&Bs, cottages & vacation rentals. as it has been since 2007. We now also have great functionality to support hotels. Now the system supports online booking by room types (King, Queen, Full,...

Unrivaled ease of use with fantastic comprehensive tools

Due to circumstances beyond my control when I began managing the Inn there was no one available to teach or train me at the Inn itself. Innkeeper's Advantage answered all the questions I had and allowed me to learn how to manage the business thanks to the fantastic customer support and software itself working so well. I honestly could not have succeeded without them.

Pros

As the Innkeeper of a small boutique hotel I rely on using this software several times a day. Color codes and symbols help me very quickly keep track of payments, notes from guests and notes from staff to keep everything humming along no matter how chaotic life gets during high tourist season. The customer service at Innkeeper's Advantage is spectacular. Not only are any concerns addressed immediately,...

Cons

Not really a con for Innkeeper's Advantage- with advanced features I need to make the time to have a phone tutorial with tech support. It is always more than worth the effort to make the time!

Wow, Thanks Maryann. We really enjoy working with you too. Thanks for sharing your comments.

18 yrs as a B&B - using many hosts/systems - 10 years ago we found I/A - been an amazing experience!

It has everything I have ever wanted or needed to run our Bed and Breakfast.

Pros

I can do absolutely anything I want to tweak my website and everything works the way it's supposed to work. Incredible people to work with - personal attention - always available - immediately take care of anything I have managed to mess up - their rates are well beyond reasonable - the software enables me to edit anything I want to edit - like seasonal date changes, rate changes, policies, whatever....

Truly an AMAZING product

Pros

Pretty much everything. The rate\yield management piece is incredible, as well as the interface to connected systems to allow you to make keep all your rates in synch with 3rd party systems. The graphical front end is a blessing and ease of use, so simple to utilize all the cool features in this software. It changes minimum nights for you automatically if it detects a gap in the availability calendar...

Gold Standard

Pros

Ease of use, professional appearance, prompt call back for service concerns, secure banking platform and easy to operate and pull reports from. We started with Innkeeper's Advantage back in 2011 and never looked back. From the day they rolled out their systems, their one-on-one training got us operational in 24 hours. They've adapted over the years by continually updating their back-of-house menus and reports. They've increased our cash flow and have us using a virtual collection system that has helped stay very liquid. Their support is second to none and take ownership of your concern the moment they are contacted. This service is the gold standard of Bed and Breakfast websites. We could not have been as successful as we were without our InnKeeper's Advantage!

Cons

Joe and Elly, Thanks for your nice feedback and for being our customer for almost 10 years. It is a real ppleasure.

Great product that they keep evolving and awesome customer support.

Pros

I love that the reservation system and the website are seamless, meaning the user never leaves my website. Innkeepers Advantage is constantly adding new functionality to the product while keeping the cost very reasonable. Their customer support is awesome and timely. Being a Software Engineer myself, I did quite a lot of due diligence when looking to replace my reservation system back in 2013....

Cons

That I didn't develop it myself. When I am done with innkeeping, I hope they will consider allowing me to work for them! Yes, I'm serious about that!

Great software for the price and support!

We love it!

Pros

Integration was seamless, the interface is super easy to use once you get a training on it- not exactly intuitive but the customer support is quick and attentive and helps resolve issues promptly. Its visually very appealing and the graphic design team has a great eye. Very affordable and there's even an option for a monthly marketing package where the team writes blogs and posts on your behalf to keep the website at the top of the google search bars!

Cons

My only complaint is that I would like to have more access to updating header images/ text but I think that might open up a can of worms so perhaps it's best to let the professionals make the bigger changes to the website so I don't mess it up. An App to use Innkeepers on a smart phone would be stellar !

Thanks so much for your comments Elsa, and you are right that the header of any website is a little more challenging to work on and keep it looking good. We are always happy to help you with that. Also, we do have a mobile administrative interface that is great for handling reservations when you are not in your office. You just need to log into your system from your phone to get started. We appreciate your business! Cindy Bachmann Innkeepers Advantage

An amazing experience for the inexperienced

Pros

When I started, I knew nothing and was totally intimidated by the mountain of learning I needed to get started in this business. The training was so thorough, that I was armed with the basics and ready to go very quickly. This is so complete and user friendly. Everything I knew I needed plus everything I didn't know I needed that has made my job smooth, and efficient. I love that everything is monitored for me and kept safe. I love that the details of tracking the details, of reports such as sales, occupancies of each room and house , taxes, gift shop and gift certificates etc. are there at a click of a button. My favorite is the reservation process and calendar that never lets me down.

Cons

There are times that I couldn't figure out how to reverse mistakes of my own user errors, but the support is fabulous and always gets me up and going

Susie, Thanks for taking the time to review our Innkeepers Advantage product. We enjoy working with you and appreciate your business.

We've found this to be our favorite overall reservation calendar for doing our B&B business.

Pros

It's taken us several years to find a property management system as efficient and cost effective as Innkeepers Advantage. It allows both us as property owners and the managers behind the screen so to speak the ability to control every aspect of their property. We can manage reservations, rate plans, reporting, emails, even taxes and more all from one place. Most recently we've been able to easily check-in and check-out guests with texting and by using our intuitive dashboard. We can even manage reservations with our drag-and-drop calendar. This kind of reporting allows us to get an overview of our property while also giving us the ability to dive into the details.

Cons

Living in Hawaii the 6 hours time difference is sometimes frustrating but other than that most problems are cheerfully resolved by the next day.

Thanks Susan for the nice review. We will keep your time difference in mind.

Ideal for small hotels and B&Bs

Our overall experience has been very positive. Their customer service is very responsive and helpful. They return calls quickly and work hard to resolve any issues. We feel like they are really interested in helping us to be successful.

Pros

The ease of making a reservation either via website, OTA, by phone. The ability to follow through with guests using follow-up letters and text messaging. Navigation using the control panel. The report generator is very helpful with budget management and planning.

Cons

Setting rates is a bit complicated. The learning curve is pretty steep.

Thanks Martha, We appreciate your feedback. I am so happy that you like the software. We would be happy to schedule some time to go over rate management if you need help.

Top notch company to work with!

Pros

It is easy for our guests to make their reservation online. The availibilty is shown in real time and there is no chance of double booking a room. Guests may add on many packages to their reservation. The system sends out customized confirmation, reminder and thank you emails, with the ability to send more if needed. Our site and booking engine link directly with OTA's, seamlessly. There is an option to create coupon codes for special discounts. Customer service is incredible! Our mobile AMP site is the bomb! Team are on the cutting edge of technology and are always striving to impliment new features that are of the utmost importance to their clients.

Cons

I can find no cons to using this software. Always addresses any concerns I have immediately.

Beautiful Website, Excellent Customer Service, Great Bounce Rate

Pros

The product is easy for our guests to navigate. We have a high google response rate. The website looks fantastic and inviting. The customer service we receive is excellent. I feel very good about choosing Innkeeper's Advantage as our reservation and hospitality property management software and would highly recommend it to anyone.

Cons

I really cannot think of a con or an improvement.

Thanks Donelle, It is a pleasure having you as our customer.

This is the best and most rewarding result I could ever imagine from a company, superb!

Pros

Our site is the now TOPS within the hospitality site offerings. It is user friendly and possibly the best designed site for owners to handle, manage and to add new elements and to grow as needed. The support and maintenance of your site, or to grow by developing additions to your site are easy for the basic user and explained and supported to anyone. I cannot give enough praise this company and it's staff.

Cons

Thanks Brad, Its our pleasure to work with you!

Amazingly easy to use. Highly recommend!

Pros

The Innkeepers Advantage team is amazing. With their help the reservation software was put to use in no time. The software has gone beyond my expectations on what it provides. OTA's can be channeled through the software. Fantastic!! The program allows you to be in control of changing the rates, blocking out rooms, offering coupons, apply discounts, run occupancy rate reports, tax reports and so much more. What a time saver this software has been. Thank you for making this transition easier than I could have imagined.

Outstanding Support!

I switched from another program where they were not willing to work with me and Innkeeper's Advantage made it very easy to get set up and started. I can call them at anytime and they have been there to help me. It is important to solve a problem immediately when it arises. Thanks so much.

Pros

The rep made it so easy for me to start using the Innkeeper's program. If I had any questions - no matter how off - she helped me through the problem.

Cons

The thing I like least I believe is having to pay for using gift certificates.

June, Thanks so much for your review. It is always a pleasure for us to help our customers be more successful.

The system was easy to understand and use. The support team was very patient, kind and knowledgeabl

All the benefits of integrating different booking engines.

Pros

Ease in using. The way it integrates with our other partners and it is understandable. The navigation from section to section.

Cons

I called for help with our website

Pros

Very functional and user friendly I haven't been using this software for very long but can say that from what I have done with the software up to this point has been very self explanatory and pretty easy. I am not totally illiterate when it comes to computer software but this has been a little bit of a learning curve for me. Everyone has been so helpful and willing to take the time explaining my questions.

Cons

I really no not have any cons as of yet. I just started using this software about 4 months ago. I look forward to learning as I go.

Thanks for your nice comments Katy. We are happy to help you.