LiveRez Logo

LiveRez

Cloud based all-in-one vacation rental management software

LiveRez Reviews - Page 2

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Not ready for the market

The people are pleasant, but I am more interested in a system that works as expected

Pros

Website is very professionalAuto emailsGreat potential

Cons

-Huge learning curve-Lots of bugs-Must export data to make sure things are running smooth with your reservations (for example if a reservation is made online and the cc declines you have to run a report to catch it because it approves the reservation and puts it due on the day after check-in)-Double enter property information to use the work order portion of Live Rez-Only one owner can see statements-The...

SW

Stacy W.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Love this Company!

I came from one of those larger companies, that promise everything and delivered nothing. Since I have been with Liverez they have always been upfront and truthful. If something didn't work they let me know. For me business is more than just business, I want a family relationship. The people that care about you more than there bottom line and want us all to succeed.

Pros

Ease of setup and support doing so. Use of the software is very hands on and if not support is always there. Support is huge for us as we had none with our old company.

Cons

I came here as they are an all in one, as time has gone on they have branched out(which I am excited about) but my cost has gone up adding all these other systems to run my business. However, if I want the top of the line everything, one company can't do it all. I am thrilled with all they do, and glad they allow other businesses to work together with us.

RE

Rob E.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

We'll see how this plays out...

Overall, LiveRez reminds my of VRBO in many ways. It is a legacy product. It has tons of features that have been built up over the years, but they have been haphazardly layered on top of each other, making the user interface very clunky and hard to navigate. Most importantly, they lack a lot of the features I need. Because they are an older company, they are still playing catch up, as their model...

Pros

Though I have no experience with competing products, the LiveTrust software seems to fantastic so far and should simplify my bookkeeping. The LiveManager portion of LiveRez is also very good and should simplify my housekeeping procedures. The website they created for my business is fairly robust and is successfully converting bookings. While these things are good, they don't quite make up for the cons...

Cons

I chose LiveRez because of their integration with Airbnb. In fact, they were the first to have a direct API connection to Airbnb, so I figured it would be robust. I was sadly mistaken. You lose the ability to manage certain part of your Airbnb listing. For instance, I can no longer add custom check-in instructions into the Airbnb app, which was one of my favorite features. Also, all of the amenities...

LM

Lindsey M.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Worst customer service ever experienced

This company delivered the absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced. They promised a key feature (Airbnb integration) which they could not deliver once we were ready to go live. They conned us into paying the remainder of our balance before the site went live prior to informing us that they could not follow through on the integration. Most legitiamate companies in this position would...

Pros

Most of the team memebers where very professional during the set up process. I liked the features and design of my site and was excited that they told us that we would be treated like partners rather than customers.

Cons

They did not deliver on the key features they promised and did not provide efficient/reasonable solutions that any professional would expect if they were in our position

Hi Lindsey, First, I want to apologize for the situation with Airbnb, which seems to be at the heart of your issue. As you now know, Airbnb occasionally restricts ALL of its API partners from listing properties in certain markets. When you signed up with LiveRez, your market was allowed on Airbnb. However, during your implementation the status of that market changed. And currently, it's back to...

DF

Daniel F.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

It's all about the team that supports the product!

Our experience has been awesome. We love the company, the the support and engineering staff, and everyone we've had the pleasure of meeting or working with. I don't think we could have made a better choice for a platform to support us and out growth.

Pros

The team behind the product! There is a real partnership between us and the software pros that created the platform and maintain it.

Cons

Some of the functions are a bit outdated and cumbersome, but effective. This might be a real hinderance if there wasn't an awesome support team to help navigate thru it.

DO

Dawn O.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Looks great, sounds great, full of holes

They don't take the time to finish what they start, always off to the next shiny object, but they never seem to complete the one they started. Modules cost extra. They have a small base of users that make direction decisions without the broader input or consideration. This is typical of their management. Management focus isn't in the right direction.

Pros

The dashboard for recent bookings, updating reservations.

Cons

Accounting system is full of holes (additional module you have to pay for), reports don't match owner statements, labor intensive - LiveTrust is a major issue. It takes 20 clicks to enter one expense into an owner statement. Broken. We have to manually back taxes out of reservations from Airbnb because they didn't finish the software with the user in mind, and it has been years.

AD

Amanda D.

Real Estate, self-employed

LiveRez is the best software on the market!

My overall experience with LiveRez has been wonderful. From using the software as the GM of another company to setting up my own company with LiveRez, I have found the software and the team to add extreme value to my life as a vacation rental manager!

Pros

I have several favorite features; the website, trust accounting system, the calendar. Everything is easy to navigate and presents very well.

Cons

The only con is within the integration with Airbnb. There needs to be a way to import external OTA calendars to Airbnb to avoid double bookings without having to use a channel manager.

KL

Kimber L.

Real Estate, self-employed

Solterra Vacation Rentals in Tucson, AZ Sails Along with LiveRez

Our overall experience has been favorable.

Pros

We like the ease of use and the integrated functions.

Cons

We don't see any cons. We have enjoyed using the software for many years.

LS

LaShonne S.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Live Rez Review Call Center

My overall experience with Live Rez is good. We work with over 10 PMS in our company and this is one of the easiest to use and naviagate.

Pros

Live Rez is easy to use. You can load the system however your organization plans to use it. You are able to add home descriptions and any information the agent will need to assist with booking reservations. You can also change setting to fit your company needs. It is user friendly.

Cons

The least think I like about Live Rez would be locating property addresses. I feel like this can be set up easier. In order to locate property address, you are only able to look for the reservation grid, which means if I have the actual reservation pulled up, I have to leave the reservation and locate the home information. It should be able to be accessed from the reservation screen.

LA

Lee Ann M.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

I couldn't do it without LiveRez!

I can't say enough wonderful things about LiveRez! My husband and I operate a small vacation rental management company so there isn't much room in the budget to hire help. With LiveRez, I am able to run every aspect of my business with my husband and myself. If I didn't have LiveRez, I would likely need to hire three more employees to help with the various tasks LiveRez does automatically for me. Not...

Pros

I love that the website and reservation system are integrated! I also love the CRM and the iCal integration for our VRBO calendars.

Cons

Nothing, it's all really great and ever improving!

LG

Lyndsey G.

5 Star Rating Is Not Enough...LiveRez Team Provides Top Technology & True Customer Service!

I made the decision to open a vacation rental management company in 2012. As a new business, I needed tools to make me stand out. I knew that a consumer friendly website that was easy to navigate and allowed guests to book online was a must. Tyler Hurst, was my first contact at LiveRez. Tyler was the most sincere and motivated salesperson I have worked with. I decided to partner with LiveRez the...

VH

Valerie H.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Live Rez Partners - Caring, innovative, fearless (In that order)

Perdido Realty is family-owned and operated with 150 vacation rental units. We used Entech Rental Software for 25 years so, when we made the transition to Live Rez, it was anxiety-provoking, to say the least. This was also right after the Expedia acquisition of Homeaway, so Live Rez was acquiring partners quickly. Nonetheless, we were assigned a brilliant facilitator to handle the transition. It...

SL

Scott L.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, self-employed

LIveRez

Great.

Pros

The support is key. I had some issues in the past regarding communication, but after having some conversations with higher ups, it feels good now. I feel that the responsiveness has improved a lot. LiveRez is a wonderful company overall. I've had other similar companies contact me about switching, but I can't see that ever happening. Thank you for helping me build my business! I couldn't be happier.

Cons

The one con is that when suggestions are made for enhancements that feel important for all partners, they don't seem to be taken into consideration or taken seriously enough. Example, credit card decline notices. I don't have a way to know if a credit card is being declined, unless I run a report to see if balances are due.

MR

Melba R. G.

Ease of Use as a Back and Front End person

We have been using Live Rez for 3 years now and find it a convenient and easy to use program with great funtionality for what we do. I personally have worked with all the different divisions of LiveRez and enjoy the knowledge and helpfulness of the staff. The support staff are always willing to search something out if they don't have a ready answer. Live Rez has great training and education...

ad

amy d.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

LiveRez is a wonderful option...

A "mixed bag of treats" comes to mind as the best description. We LOVE working with the people at LiveRez, and have come to highly value and appreciate the software. However, I am still struggling to use/edit aspects of our listings in the software and I've been a user for over eight years. We do recommend LiveRez to others, but warn them that many of the settings are not intuitive to find or adjust.

Pros

The biggest pros are helpful techs who can usually solve my quandaries in one phone call.

Cons

I find this software confusing to edit. I do not understand the sources in the software to control our reservation options, or edit them consistently and easily to multiple structures at a time.

YS

Yvonne S.

1-10 employees

Hardworking Partner

IBEX Properties, could not ask for a better partner to venture forward with in the start and growth of our company. They work hard like we do in our own company and stay with us until we work through all the tough steps and processes. Live Rez is a true partner not just sign you up, take your money kind of partner. Thank you Live Rez!!!

Pros

Reservation system and partnering with Airbnb so it is integrated. Accounting system and even though it is not perfect, Live Rez is listening and fixing!!

Cons

Maybe this has been fixed but having maintenance and cleaning be able to log on and get a clear picture of the scheduled reservations was not working. Jerod my partner and I have to send them screen shots.

CS

CJ S.

FANTASTIC!

Honestly a no brainier. LiveRez has everything you need if you're just starting, growing or considering moving from an older system. It is honestly worry free and has helped us capitalize on opportunities due to time savings and increased productivity.

Pros

I have been with LiveRez for nearly 4 years and have been very please with the overall performance of the software and the support staff. The interface is very easy to use, quick to learn and it's always on! I like that it is 100% Cloud based so we can manage and/ or track all the major components to run our business from anywhere. Having the dynamic website and booking engine integrated is a major time and money saver. Friendly support staff who are genuine and know how important the partnership is between LiveRez and our business Misc items... Google friendly. Great property filter. Easy to Navigate. CRM - Auto response system. Local Area Guide. Flexible drop down menu. Expandable dynamic pages, one change on the back end modifies several front end pages.

Cons

Cons are honestly very limited, mostly due to the fact that LiveRez is very progressive and always improving or refining features. It took a bit longer than expected to implement, but once the ball was rolling things moved very quickly. Note, we were an early user. Maintenance / property management module is a bit cumbersome than I would like. It is workable but offers more options then needed which makes it more time consuming then need be. I have heard there are plans to refine / update this feature.

AD

Alaina D.

Events Services,

LiveRez has great potential however they are behind competitors

The design is great however many bugs that randomly affect all property management users at the same time. Example: all CRM emails went out to all of our clients at once versus the rule that was set up. We are talking about thousands of emails from our company alone which caused lots of frustration both from our guests, employees and owners.

Pros

LiveRez's design of the software is great and is very easy to use! Training new employees is a breeze.

Cons

It takes a very long time for any changes to the software to be made once they are given to LiveRez. The software is the same from several years ago which is pushing companies to other software such as Streamline.

RM

Ronnie M.

Why is Liverez better?

I have worked in property management for 5 years now. I was very proficient with my former reservation software but I wasn't getting the full-service I needed from it. When I found Liverez at one of the conferences I was drawn in by real people. They weren't wearing suits and ties and shaking hands. They were having fun and showing off their products. The entire team was in baseball caps and Jersey's....

VS

Victoria S.

Life & Time Saver

I highly recommend!

Pros

The website that was designed for my company is very attractive, has streamlined processing and very user friendly. I went from page EIGHT to page ONE within one week from the time of launching on all of the main search engines. The results were immediate as I not only have retained all of my clients, my homeowner/client base increase has doubled every year so far. The guests that use the system...

Cons

If I had to pick one or two things, I wish more bookkeepers knew how to use their system that gateways into a customized quick books. I have had to spend a few bucks to get the process functioning and up to speed. If set up correctly upon implementation and your bookkeeper is open to change, this won't be a challenge for you. So, I am not sure that this is actually a "con" of LiveRez... I have not reached the depths of what this website has to offer!

Matthew T.

Great people, great software

Pros

The people behind the software is what makes this so valuable. Is we need help with something they are only a phone call or email away. They always get back to me the same day. I love this kind of support.

Cons

The needs of our business keeps changing, keeping up with these changes are hard and sometimes take longer then I would like. I know the developer of the software are working hard to implement the changes.

CN

Clara N.

NIGHTLY RENTAL SOFTWARE

I love the program but think it is lacking...and over complicated in some areas.

Pros

I like how this platform is integrated with other online rental platforms.

Cons

I am frustrated that there is not a phone app for the software and that your treasury software takes a degree in rocket propulsion to navigate through the multitude of steps.

NK

Nancy K.

Committed to their Customers

Purchasing software is a huge decision! When you change software there is an initial painful period of feeling like you don't know what your doing but LiveRez is pretty user-friendly and since my 20-30 year old agents seem to have caught on much faster than I did, I'd say that anyone can learn it well in about two weeks. They do have good help videos online as well as online training, and now, I see,...

Cons

Liverez was a great all inclusive system.

Great property management software

Pros

I like the way you were able to easily sync in all regarding to your guests and the properties they would be staying at. Everything was very straightforward and easy to follow up with.

Cons

I did not like that they do not offer calendar syncing to other websites. They need to modernize this aspect of the software.

CM

Crystal M.

LiveRez Helped us Streamline our Vacation Rental Business

Pros

LiveRez was our 1st Vacation Rental Software that we used other than manual. It was user friendly, and it synced with our travel protection agency which was AMAZING! It assisted us in keeping all of our reservations, unit information, etc in one place! Customer Service was always willing to lend a helping hand when we needed assistance.

Cons

The accounting portion of this software was not the best. We didn't really utilize this portion except for running reports.