Rentals United Reviews

4.03/5 (114 reviews)

Pros
  • Very clear. Lots of channels connected
  • It is very user friendly therefore easy to use
  • Easy to understand and to start working with it.
  • We save lots of time as we can manage several places and websites in once
Cons
  • none at this time.
  • The price is a little expensive for a little company like mine.
  • We could manage the prices directly on the calendar and minimum stay
  • To many difficulties to have a proper connection between Rentals and the different channels
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Judith Raymer

horrible customer service

Reviewed 2018-12-27

Poor experience. No support. Very slow to respond to problems. Our pin location has been wrong for months which really makes our guests mad when they think that they are renting a unit located on the other side of town. We can't get it fixed. We have started getting double bookings. And we can't unblock reservations so we have rooms sitting empty. We had a 9 day reservation that we could not unblock!

Pros
Right now, nothing! We use this product because it is the only option with our booking software.

Cons
They have no online support! You must submit a ticket for help that they sometimes take days to respond to. We have had problems with not being able to unblock canceled or moved reservations . Our rooms sit empty and we are unable to open up to be able to rent waiting for them to fix. The support is non exsistant. When you deal with a product like rentals, you can not get back the missed revenue and you need FAST support that this company does not offer. They need a number that you can call and reach a live person to provide effective support.

Likelihood to recommend: 1/10

Facundo Yebne

The best 2 way connectivity for our company!

Reviewed 2017-08-03

real time connectivity.the Rentals United Team is the best. We worked with a few accounts manager and all of them are very dedicated

Pros
The connectivity, simplification and real time availability and rates updates to all of our OTA partners. Before RU, we had to update manually over 10 OTA's. Now the real time connection simplifies and streamline our sales process.

Roya Nasr

horrible servicer

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-01-11

very bad

Pros
Their customer service is horrible. I used them for a year just for booking.com integration since my CRM was not integrated with booking.com at the time. Every time I got a booking I had to call the guest and get their credit card info. None of the information was integrating to my system. Only the calendar was syncing. Oh.. And their invoices to collect the booking fee were coming in through perfectly! I asked their customer service to fix the problem on a few incidents and all I got was an email link to support. No one actually initiated a call to me. They are somewhere in Europe. I think in Spain. Maybe they do a better job in Europe!

Likelihood to recommend: 1/10

karen collinson

Brilliant, i have a great account manager, she is always there to help, forever friendly,

Reviewed 2018-02-22

Pros
Quick, clean, easy to use, doesnt fail, with software its the support thats important, what you get after you have taken the software on board, and for me account manager has been first class in helping me with everything.

Cons
Wish we could bulk edit individual items. Quite difficult to find a con for this particular product...

Gene Galindo

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THE INDUSTRY!!

Reviewed 2019-02-22

Have been transferred to 6 different people thru my on-boarding process none of them more competent than a 3 year old to get my properties listed on there site.

Pros
if you can get the software working with all your channels it's actually a pretty decent product.

Cons
WAY TO MANY TO NAME!! By far the worst customer support and tech support. You will be passed from person to person and nobody taking accountability for your issues . It seems no there wants to truly help you. They definitely want to sell you the software service NO FOLLOW thru. Do your self a favor and don't purchase from this company.

Response from Rentals United

Hi Gene

I'm sorry you've been experiencing such bad service. I've spoken to your account manager, Carolina who has been trying to get in contact with you.

Can you contact her at carolina.esposito.zerbinati@rentalsunited.com so she can help.

I'm confident that with that her help, you will have only positive things to say about Rentals United.

Feel free to contact me directly on james@rentalsunited.com if you need anything.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Anonymous

All your rental channels in one!

Reviewed 2019-01-09

Pros
Rentals United is very useful to manage a few different booking channels. It's easy to integrate and works with Guesty. The support team is always present and helpful.

Cons
It's not possible to block a particular day to have no check-in. You must call each channel's support and do it manually.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Morena Canovari

Channel Manager

Reviewed 2019-05-23

I choose RU to reach the highest level of automation for my company ... we are getting there!

Pros
This is a young company and they are making a big effort to improve and reach every day higher quality standards! User side I've received, I receive and hopefully will receive the best support possible from the IT department and most important my account manager representative who is incredibly understanding of what are the problematic of the job, helpful and ready with a solution!

Cons
the granularity of the system needs to be improved one system needs to fits all, and I understand its hard but it will make the difference. The app needs improvement

Marco Ramberti

I can't work without it

Reviewed 2017-02-05

Once I discovered it I can't think to work without it. The staff is very nice and welcoming in every problems. The support is so fast!

Pros
Very clear. Lots of channels connected

Gianluca Chinetti

The Channel Manger business is a difficult business !! RU try to standardize something impossible!!

Reviewed 2017-09-26

avvertite more for a reasonable price

Pros
to be connected with many OTA (is what a channel manager is ....) and (my account manager) who tried to make my life easier.

Cons
I understand is a difficult business. but the technical support must be MUCH better. A single mistake of them means lost of money for me. Every OTA has a different business model and RU tries to fit a data set coming from a PMS with tons of OTA !!!!! near impossible !!! and at the and is: technology from many different producers + many different customer service/onboarding procedure + different meanings for the same data !!!! Ok is connected by XML and so seems easy but is NOT easy.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Anonymous

Great customer service

Reviewed 2018-11-07

Pros
Customer support was able to coach and guide me to set up dozens of channels. Many thanks to them for support and advice!

Cons
Each channel needs o be connected differently and the PDF's tend to be out of date, especially with the contact email address for each channel.

Li Sa

BEST CHANNEL MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE

Reviewed 2017-06-14

More exposure and booking for all our properties.

Pros
- Rentals United makes it easy to integrate all of your listings across multiple platforms at a click of a button. They provide a large amount of channels to connect with. - Our channel manager Vivian, and she is AMAZING. She has helped us expand our properties onto multiple channels and is always responsive. We have weekly chats and constant e-mails. It is a dream working with Vivian.

Cons
- Some components of the website could be more user friendly. - I need to write more to meet the minimum requirements, but there aren't any more negatives to add!

Stéphanie Lambert

Efficient and reliable solution

Reviewed 2019-12-20

I have choosen Rentals United in order to optimize my activity (holiday rentals). Yield management is easier for my company now. Besides I discovered new partners which bring me a higher profitability.

Pros
Efficiency, speed, number of partners. My account manager is friendly and very efficient.

Cons
The price is a little expensive for a little company like mine.

Response from Rentals United

Dear Stephanie,

Thank you for this great review.

We strive to provide the best service to our customers, so it is always amazing to see our client's happy and expressing this with comments like yours.

We wish you all the success for 2020.

The RU team.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Elizabeth vom Dorp

Adding lodgings a technical headache. Expensive due to lack of support & slow channel connectivity.

Reviewed 2018-06-13

Pros
Quick calendar syncing. There are lots of channels to choose from. Seems like company has good visions for the future, i.e. collaborating with bookings on google.

Cons
Poor customer support. RU is located in Europe and it sometimes takes four to five days for any feedback. You can only communicate by email and the feedback is often impatient and condescending. Payment is upfront for an entire year and goes up dramatically when you add one lodging. The staff then offers minimum support to set up and sync these units with different channels. Notincreasinf revenue since implementing RU.

Milena Valle

Very good business partner

Reviewed 2017-05-31

Bookings from different partners that as a small company was difficult to work directly with them.

Pros
The account managers are great! Especially always very helpful! Always looking into any situation we bring to them. I like the channels

Cons
Serves often crashes, unable to look at reservations, cvc for credit cards missing. That's it! Solve that and you will be the bomb!!!!

Response from Rentals United

Hi Milena, thanks for your valuable feedback. We've made some optimisations especially to the reservations viewing page so hopefully you'll see an improvement there. If not, let me know.

CVC codes are generally sent to us unless the customer doesn't provide it. I'm happy to talk about this when you're free.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Joana Braganca

Reviewed 2019-08-09

Pros
We save lots of time as we can manage several places and websites in once

Cons
We could manage the prices directly on the calendar and minimum stay

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Takis Neroulidis

SERIOUS PROBLEMS AT CUSTOMER SERVICE

Reviewed 2019-01-22

The product was extremely cheap but by the end this became quite expensive as we didn't realise more than 2 connections with channels and the customer service always gives formal answers without any professional interest.

Pros
The system was very reliable with the few channels that we suceeded to be connected (only 2 channels!!!)

Cons
They didn't provide any kind of help in order to suceed to connect any oof the available channels. Our account manager was absent for almost 3 months due to pregnancy and there was none to help us complete the connection with the several channels. The customer service was always answering by refering us to other pdfs with the relevant information that was never complete!!!

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Doug Truitt

High Volume Reservation Producing Company Approves!

Reviewed 2016-12-06

We have 400 apartments and recently connected through Rentals United. In the first month of connectivity we had 1100 bookings come in and Rentals United Support team, account mangers and Senior level teams were incredibly responsive to resolve manual transactions and resolutions needed to be automated between the channel and PMS. The mapping of listings is painless and takes about 5 minutes to become live and bookable. Happy to refer this Channel Manager to anyone who inquires.

Pros
The ease of filtering bookings by any filter necessary to validate what is coming through to the PMS.

Cons
none at this time.

Jen Mott

Great Customer Service!

Reviewed 2019-03-06

Both CSRs have been extremely helpful & responsive during our onboarding process. This is actually the second time we have on-boarded a company with RU and this time has been very seamless with CSR so thank you both for your help!

Pros
It is very user friendly therefore easy to use

Cons
There are just a few things I wish we could do differently like breakdown the fees on all OTA's, adjust the minimum age requirement to more than 18 years old, and the financial would be broken down by category and not just one lump sum total.

Dan Graham

Hi Rentals United team, in particular Romy and George, have been excellent to work with!

Reviewed 2017-07-15

Pros
Easy to navigate, great customer support, and many channels with which to market/promote our properties.

Cons
A few small but easily resolved glitches that we had to work through. Namely false positives regarding OTA's that we thought were completed and live, when in fact they were not.

Lee Haury

Rentals United Channel

Reviewed 2019-05-28

It has been very easy and good working with them. No problems to date and happy to recommend

Pros
Easy to use, friendly helpful and knowledgeable staff and account manager. Communication is excellent and people are on hand to guide through setting up.

Cons
It's all very good and easy to use, it's just difficult to understand the flow of data between the different systems but that will come with time.

Fred Cercena

Easy to work with

Reviewed 2017-06-07

Pros
I like to ability to see my rates and availability on the backend. I also like that I can change the fees and mark up at anytime.

Cons
Updating certain channels can be challenging also I've had some issues getting fees pushed to channels.

Response from Rentals United

Hi Fred, thanks for your good review and I'm happy to see that we're helping your business.

If you're still having issues with some channels, feel free to contact your account manager and they can help you.

Viky Grau

Investment needed

Reviewed 2017-02-13

The system is intuitive and easy to use. It is facile to connect a new channel and in case you have any doubt or problem, the customer service is always willing to help you. Their rate response is very quickly. We experienced a rate connection problem with our PMS but this was solve very quickly once we realized. This also caused some connection problems with the channels we were connected with, but thanks to their efforts, everything was working properly promptly. We are happy with this product as help us to sell easily our apartments in several platforms at the same time.

Pros
Easy to understand and to start working with it.

Ana Mejia

i love is the Customer support, but the features/functionality & ease of use needs improvement still

Reviewed 2017-12-15

Pros
Customer Service team are helpful but i need more time to use the software before i can say what i like most about it. I have been using it for only 3 months and finding it not so easy yet

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Brandon Shaw

Great account manager, Diana! Shes awesome

Reviewed 2018-03-30

A unified booking channel is essential to get the exposure needed to drive occupancy.

Pros
It gives you step by step directions on how to link. Some of the channels that I didn't expect to get bookings from are giving me the most business.

Cons
Sometimes you have to contact booking channels directly to activate which takes a little more time. I'm not sure if I like the overall layout but it works for now.

Alistair Barrett-Powell

Finally a channel manager that works!!

Reviewed 2017-06-21

More revenue from more bookings.

Pros
Quick. Easy. Staff are very helpful and when you click "push to channels" it actually works! Almost instantly. Wish we'd come across Rentals United earlier.

Cons
There really isn't anything bad to say other than the fact that the current API doesn't pull through everything from Escapia. A little manual work to be done per listing. But worth doing it for the results.