ReservationKey Logo

Reservation management for the lodging industry

ReservationKey Reviews

Suggested alternatives

cloudbeds
rezstream-cloud-pms
webrezpro

We have been very pleased with its functionality and capability and for our needs it has been a very cost effective solution. We would highly recommend giving this try.
The integration into our website and customizable look made it an outstanding choice. Of course the customer service was ready to help setting things up to our liking.
I wanted a simple platform to get me started in running a bed and breakfast and I have stuck with them for that reason, despite monthly calls from the competition.
I was skeptical to move to this platform as I have tried other reservation systems only to be disappointed. The move to ReservationKey was the single best thing I have done to grow my business.
Now if I'm really picky, the guests' state should have a drop down menu to chose from.

Mv

Michael v.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Unless you are a chain hotel, there is no reason to use anything else.

Pretty much flawless.....We've been using this system for about a decade now....I think it's gone down a total of 4 times during that decade (that's definitely over 99.99% uptime). Any downtime is minimal (usually a few minutes,) and things come back up with minimal hiccoughs. Honestly...this software...it's perfect for small-medium businesses.

Pros

Simple, intuitive, easy to use. I love every view, and the flexibility of adding custom fields. Exporting customer data and payment data, through csv is a god send. The price is amazing for what you get...and the support is fast and reliable. I have used many different PMSs in my career, for both large chain, and small boutique hotels.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to have different custom fields based on the type of customer (Transient, group, business traveler, or a monthly tenant.) Rather than the same fields for every reservation. I wish the payment details report could also show taxes and levies (if any) paid for each line item. The expense reports need a bit of work...but they are INCREDIBLY helpful for smaller business...

RS

Roberty S.

Best Bang for the Buck

Overall the system is very stable with only very seldom outages and when that happens, it's usually fixed within minutes. It is an online system and it gives access from anywhere in the world to make, change or cancel reservations and it's always up to date! We are very happy with this solution.

Pros

We are using this system since 2012 and it's a perfect and very affordable solution for small motels like ours. We would highly recommend this system to anyone in this segment of business as we have brought several new customers to ReservationKey in the past.

Cons

Are there features that we would like to see? Sure, there is always something missing but overall for the price, this system is perfect. I have not seen anything in this price range that can do what ReservationKey does. Our only request as a feature would be, that rooms can be individually set up with minimum nights stays or different prices without using the Adjustment Rate feature. This would be helpful when there are rooms requiring two nights and some do not because two nights can not be offered.

AG

Alena G.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Works perfectly for small businesses

Pros

User friendly and easy to use, doesn't require much time to master it

Cons

Regular glitches when working with big reservations

Thank you for being a long time user of the software. While the system works best for reservations six month or less, it should also handle longer ones. We are always working to improve and regularly updating the system to better handle our client's needs.

NC

Natalie C.

Lodging software

Experience is mostly positive. Just some issues when I cannot figure out how to add or change something. As stated above would like a live chat or phone assistance.

Pros

Very reasonable price for a small lodging facility. Never have problems overbooking. Easy to input reservations for our end and the customers end.

Cons

Sometime I have problems adding features on our end. Not able to talk to someone about this. I can send a message but they want you to check their list of problems/concerns that another user had to see how it was solved. This can be frustrating it would be easier to have a live chat or talk to someone for problems

LD

Linde D.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

Flexible and Responsive

Pros

I've been using Reservationkey for years. It is reasonably priced, very versatile, so I can set up an interface that I prefer. It links well with other sites like MyAllocator, so all of my sites are in sync, which helps prevent double bookings. Most of all, the representative is very responsive. If I don't understand something or I want to do something unusual, he helps me get the problem solved quickly and graciously. Reservationkey is constantly being expanded and improved, so I am even more satisfied with it now than when I first started using it.

Cons

It can be wonky, sometimes I have to use a little html to get exactly what I want, but that just adds to the flexibility. I'm sure that if you don't know any html, the representative would take care of your needs directly, though.

Thank you for your very nice comments. Yes, by adding HTML to most of our fields it is possible to really get creative in what you can do. As you've noted, we are happy to help out with this whenever anyone has questions about it.

JB

Josh B.

C'est La Vie Inn B&B review

I have found Reservation Key user friendly and intuitive. I have appreciated the technical support when I have had questions on the inner workings of Reservation Key. We bought and started to run C'est La Vie Inn Bed and Breakfast a year ago with no previous experience in running a B&B. It was hit the pavement running and Reservation Key made this transition much easier with its day by day display screen showing current reservations and those that have, for a variety of reasons, have cancelled. I have enjoyed setting up rate plans for the rooms as well as the rate adjustments for local special events that tend to lead to peak occupancy. I would certainly recommend this product to others.

Pros

Cons

None

SS

Sheri S.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Love their Free Trial and the product they offer!

Very positive experience so far! I look forward to working with this tool more!

Pros

I love the 30 day Free Trial they offer. The product is really easy to use and the free trial allows you to decide if you like the product and if it meets the needs of your lodging business. I found that I really like the ease of use. I've used other reservation software programs and have found that often times you aren't able to see all the pieces of the puzzle in one place. What I like about Reservation...

Cons

I would like to see more ready made templates for the availability display that a guest does see. Reservation Key offers a few limited ready made options, that said...they do offer to customize the look of that page for a reasonable fee. Well worth it if you would like the user end of the system to match the look and feel of your website.

JB

Judy B.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

They Anticipate Your Needs!

Over time with experience, I have been able to communicate with my guests more efficiently. It makes my website look much more professional with this software and it presents my property as an up to date, modern facility with the technical capabilities of a much larger property.

Pros

I can modify so many things on my own. Whenever I need an answer to a dilemma, I just go to the Tutorial Page and search out my problem. Or, I just sign onto the Forum and look for a similar situation to my own. Case in point, I was able to adjust my confirmation template on my own just by using the search mode on the Forum and I’m all set with a solution to a problem.

Cons

Sometimes I wish there was a chat option but I understand how the team feels about this program and they have very hands on.

Thank you for the nice review and idea about having a chat option. That could be a nice enhancement we add in the future. We are glad to hear you find our forum and tutorials useful.

SF

Steve F.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Been using Reservationkey going on 8 years

I love that fact that when we had a question the founder of the company would respond. He was always willing to solve problems or create software to solve our questions. He is great and I hope he never sells the company to a larger company that does not care about its customers like he does.

Pros

It essentially runs the back end of my business as well as it links to the front end through our website and online calendars.

Cons

It was difficult to set up but one it was set up any questions I had got answered quickly. I would like to to be able to add a cleaning schedule that links with my calendar so I could create a schedule for my cleaners that showed specific check in check out dates and the names of the parties.

Thank you for being long time users and for your nice review. We do have two housekeeping reports that you could take a look at to see if those would work for your cleaners. We also have a way to link to calendar reports, so perhaps those could be used for the cleaners.

LM

Laurie M.

Reservation Key lodging management software

Since using Reservation Key our business has increased and customers say it is easy to book.

Pros

Our RV parking, tent camping, bus glamping, and lodging rooms all have different pricing, cleaning fees, and check-in info and Reservation Key handles it all. The auto-responders are awesome and can be modified to fit each rental. Customers can easily pay through the links and emails provided. I LOVE how the software looks on our website and it is easy for customers to book. It is a robust system and has more features than we currently know how to use. We look forward to making time to learn more.

Cons

Learning the system did not feel very intuitive. However, between the amazing customer service and training videos available it was just a matter of time.

JP

Jeanine P.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

So easy and so many options

When we started our business, we had never used any software for the hospitality industry. We picked it up in about five minutes of training. You constantly are learning as they bring on new reports, and updates to the software. For a total of only 8 cabins, this is the best price we have ever found, still to this day.

Pros

We are Rustic River Cabins, love ReservationKey. So easy to add, remove, and quote guest for reservations. We have been running ReservatioKey for seven years and would not have any other software. The calendar, on the page is one of my favorite features. I can not only see all my reservations, but I also can see my schedule by just clicking in a box.

Cons

Honestly, I can not think of a thing.......support is great, community will help you out if you cant figure something out.

TC

Thomas C.

Reservation Key helps me manage my B&B business

I have been using Reservation key for more than 5 years to manage my 3 room Bed and Breakfast here at Dreams Come True on Maui Bed and Breakfast. I looked at other alternate systems both before and after deciding to select Reservation Key. It is the least expesive option and seems to give me everyting I need to accept online reservations, manage my calendar, including synching with my airbnb and VRBO calendars, and analysing my data for tax reporting and setting up policies to maximize my occupancy. I would recommend Reservation Key to any small accommodation provider from a single unit vation rental to a 50 room inn.

Pros

I like that it allows online reservations and collects and helps me manage the data.

Cons

It is a bit complicated to set up and get ot to do exactly what you may want it to do. But once you set it up, it is easy to use.

JA

John A.

ReservationKey review

We have easily linked to Expedia, Bedandbreakfast.com and other lodging web sites. I'm sure that if we ever do run into a problem, it will be addressed and solved expeditiously.

Pros

We have been using reservationkey for several years and appreciate the fact that we no longer have to search for reservation management software. Before we signed on with reservationkey we would find ourselves searching for a new system every so often because we had some problem with the one that we were currently using. We can now find no reason to look for another, as reservationkey provides everything we need in functionality, support and ease of use.

Cons

Can't really come up with anything here.

JF

Jessica F.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Seven years on continuing improvement!

I initially decided to use Reservation Key over seven years ago because they provided the ability to restrict arrivals and departures on certain days of the week. Sounds like a small point, but for me, it was very important. My reps and his team have continued to refine the experience and make Reservation Key more user-friendly as well as keep up with the more internet savvy guests of today. New improvements are constantly being implemented and the forum allows us to make specific requests, many of which are taken into consideration.

Pros

This system is very easy to learn and to use. The online tutorials are very helpful. You can't beat the price.

Cons

I wish there was a better integrated way to incorporate sales from our gift shop.

YB

Yves B.

Very complete software

I would certainly recommend it to any small hospitality business. I assume it would also work well for bigger establishment as it as a lot of options that I don't even use !

Pros

ReservationKey is a great software, very complete (and we only use part of what is offered, as we are a small B&B), customizable with custom fields, automated e-mails, and integrates with MyAllocator. Tech Support is great, and whenever we find a bug, Rep fixes it very quickly. They are also quite open to suggestions. Price is very reasonable.

Cons

Not much... everything I need is in this software!

VP

Valeria P.

Hospitality, self-employed

Exactly what I was searching for!

After my "learning curve" with trying a new software platform, I have settled into a very comfortable relationship with not only the software, but the people behind it. Can't say enough good about their solid product, their customer service, and their willingness to continually strive to make the best product they can offer. I'm sold.

Pros

I love the fact that the front-end is very user-friendly for our potential guests, while the back end administration is straightforward and easy to use.

Cons

Honestly? For me, there hasn't been much of a downside.

CS

Carla S.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

System works well for us

There are several options to accept credit card payments. It’s easy for all of our staff to use. It works great for us.

Pros

We are small lodge and this system works well for us. It’s easy to use and keeps our reservations organized. The best thing for us is the accessibility anywhere. Even when we are away from the lodge we can check availability on our phones or laptops.

Cons

Honestly, I can’t say anything bad about this software. They have great support and service. I’m sure there are other great systems out there but we’ve been happy so why look anywhere else?

PC

Patrick C.

I Love It!

ReservationKey very reliably runs my business for me. Well, almost. I guess I do a little, but it's so easy it's like having a full time staff helping me.

Pros

Reservation does everything I need it to do, and a lot more. The ReservationKey staff are very responsive, both to technical support questions and to requests for product enhancements. Almost every month there's some new feature added, often something I never even thought of, but once it becomes available, I can't do without it!

Cons

I'm happy! No cons. ....................

CB

Catherine B.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

This software is inexpensive, easy to use, and the support team responds quickly and patiently to requests.

Pros

I am new to the tourism business. Reservation Key has been very easy to get used to and use as a tool to keep track of reservations, payments etc . It has an activity button that reminds you each thing you did within the program in case the need to undo a mistake.

Cons

I miss the feature in which you used to hover the mouse over a name and it would show the balance due. Also, you used to be able to right click and in the quick view change the status to 'checked-out' where as now you have to open the reservation which takes just a few seconds longer.

JS

John S.

Hospitality, self-employed

Great Company to Work With.

Pros

ReservationKey is very affordable compared to other systems out there. It can be customized to fit your needs and if very easy to use. When you need help with features you can post to the forum and the customer representative will get back to you in a timely manner. You can also search the forum and find answers to almost any questions you have.

Cons

The initial setup can be a little time consuming but between the forum, FAQs and help videos it is not too hard.

Great Value Excellent Customer Service

We find ReservationKey vital to our operation. We always have a fast response to emails we send to the technical team. They do continue to improve the software and we appreciate the attention to detail.

Pros

The software is very user friendly with several instruction videos. Reports are easy to navigate and run.

Cons

As the company expands sometimes we can experience a lag in response. They have worked on this and we now are not experiencing problems. Fast response to emails when we do contact them with problems.

RS

Robert S.

It's the best I've found

I am a former Webervations client. This system is far superior. I search for alternatives every year and have always found this to be the best.

Pros

Response emails are automatic. Easy to cash out clients and add extras. Easy to customize.

Cons

I would like the ability to send formatted text messages to clients directly from the software

Thanks for the nice comments. We have considered adding a module to be able to send text messages from the system. This may be an option we add in the future.

BK

Borys K.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Reservation Key is what I was looking for and has been the answer for my Reservation System.

Excellent

Pros

I can Truly say Reservation Key is what I was looking for and has been the answer for my business. All my Bookings are done thru it and it saves me one full time employee. Thank you for creating this great Reservation Manager for us Reservation Key!! Bo Knysh. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Cons

No Cons. Customer support is great if you have any issues at all!

BC

Brian C.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Great reservation web based software

One of the rep has been very responsive to customer requests for help. There was always a response for our questions. Recent years have seen development into a much more user friendly interface. Res. Key is a Great value.

Pros

over the years there have been constant improvements that make the value for the dollar very good.

Cons

Difficult to use years ago. There has been a great improvement for rate specificity holidays and flexible periods.

EA

Eric A.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

All you need in a reservation system!

We have been with ReservationKey for 4 years and have been very happy and fits our needs. Being a small B&B it is a great price point, while having the functionality of the big boys. The customer service is great and responsive and have even worked with our Association of 9 B&B's to help create a custom availability chart.

Pros

Easy to use and the customer service is excellent

Cons

Like to see a little more flexibility in generating reports.