Sirvoy Logo

Sirvoy

Hotel reservation & property management system

Sirvoy Reviews - Page 2

dc

dennis c.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

They made it worse

Dreadful. We should change, its not easy but we have to now because of the “ security code “ non sense that makes it unusable.They could have avoided the problem by putting a cookie on an approved device but I do t believe they kow anything about IT at all.

Pros

not much, its adaptable if youare prepared to use clutzy solutions

Cons

Poor software design and execution. The calendar is a joke. Zero integration with other products. Poor customer support. No understanding of the industry they allegedly serve. They ignore requests and suggestions from customersTheir latest move is to require you to input a security code each time you access their system. This is sent by email. It can take minutes or hours to arrive. So if a potential...

Hello, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We're genuinely sorry to hear about the difficulties you've encountered, and we'd like to provide some insights into the points you've raised. Security Code: The security code is typically sent instantly. If you've experienced delays, it might be due to email provider or spam filter issues. You can set your device as trusted to avoid repeated code requests. Integrations:...

TS

Tami S.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Not easy to work with anymore

No customer service. No help. Constant changes that do not help it go easier. It's like you guys want us to hold your hand daily just to work when you can't even help in customer service

Pros

It USED to be easy to work with up until you all had to update last year. Now it's nothing but miserable

Cons

The constant need of authentication codes and the way we enter in phone numbers now. The whole phone number now is not separated into sections making it easier to read fast. Now we have to dissect the number slowly but hope we do it fast enough because the phone hangs up if you're not fast.

Hi Tami, We are sorry to hear about the frustrations you've encountered with our recent updates. We understand that adjusting to changes can sometimes be challenging, especially with new security measures like authentication codes. While we believe these measures are crucial for safeguarding your data, we also understand that they can add an extra layer of complexity. Our aim is to balance security...

SS

Shaffin S.

Amazingly Intuitive, Consistently Impressive

See Pros, above.

Pros

Only an Airbus offers a shorter, and smoother, takeoff. Lest anyone think that Sirvoy's 14-day trial is too short, let me say that it may be too long. Within two days of starting our trial, we found ourselves customizing and scaling rapidly. Screen after screen, the UX and functionality proved intuitive, the result of unfailingly clean and responsive design (which can never be taken for granted). Restrictions and overrides work flawlessly. By day 10 of the trial, we paid up for the entire year, and have not looked back yet.

Cons

Our wishlist can cannot detract from Sirvoy's great value for the price. Easy improvements are to be had with regard to being able to color-code/tag/identify guests by market segments (and therefore the useful market reports that would result). Another quick fix: the perplexing placement of "Coupon Code" on the online booking page, *below* the calendar, when only a code unlocks restricted dates. See our point? Similarly, not every "Code" is a "Coupon [i.e., implying Discount] Code", so how about shortening to this box to just "Code" or, equally neutral and possibly more suitable, "Booking Code".

Hi Shaffin, "only an Airbus offers a shorter, and smoother, takeoff" should definitely be our new marketing slogan; love it!! Delighted that you're finding the system so customizable and easy to scale. I note your points on the colour codes and coupon codes and will pass that along for our Dev to look into. We always try to incorporate great feedback once it's useful for all our clients, so thanks for taking the time to let us know how we can improve. Kind regards, Adele

MG

Miriam G.

Outstanding customer service

I love this product for my Hospitality Property Management and Channel Management. I'm now setting it up for a second property. A few days into the 14 day free trial and I was hooked. The setup is smooth, simple to follow, and easily linked to our website, channels, and the secure online payment service. Their background monitoring is vigilant, and on occasion I have received pro-active help before I even realized I needed it. This level of care in customer service is rarely experienced. I also love that the product is sufficiently well thought through that it doesn't require lengthy initial or ongoing training sessions. In my view if you can't learn a system on the fly then it's too complicated. There are no perfect systems, but for me Sirvoy is pretty close!

Pros

Clean and simple visuals. Easy to use. No training required. Online help via chat is readily available. Support staff are fantastic, helpful, pro-active, thorough.

Cons

On the odd occasion I have bumped up against some limitations around options for promotional offers, but so far have always found a work-around.

Hi Miriam, what an amazing review, such a great start to the day to read about your experience with Sirvoy so thank you for taking the time to relate it. It has always been the aim to produce a simple, solid system with superior customer service and to hear that we are achieving that end is very satisfying. I have shared your feedback with our support team to encourage them to keep up their great work! Thanks so much for choosing Sirvoy, Adele

LF

Lynn F.

Best Tech Support Ever!

Overall, we're happy with the Sirvoy system and look forward to working with their wonderful team for many years to come!

Pros

We have just completed a 2 week free trial during which they uploaded our data and worked with us to get it running smoothly. They have been great! The biggest "pro" is amazing tech support! Sirvoy tech support is always available to chat 24/7 and we've never had to wait more than five minutes for assistance. And they've always solved our problems very quickly & patiently! So far, we've only used the system for the free trial period, uploaded our data, and taken one new reservation, but it seems to be working well and we're happy with it.

Cons

Our data didn't upload correctly, particularly taxes, and required many corrections, but they helped a lot with the process. We both have accounting backgrounds and have been using a reservation system for 10 years, yet initially still found this one confusing (partially due to terminology but also some aspects, such as their payments & reporting, are very different). Better online tutorials would...

Hi Lynn, nothing makes us happier than hearing how great Sirvoy's Support Team is so thanks so much for letting us know that we are meeting your expectations there! I fully take on board the difficulties you have been experiencing with regards to payments and reporting. As Sirvoy's Communication Manager, I have opened an issue with our Dev team about this specific problem and I will check in with them soon to what improvements can potentially be made here. If there is anything you would like to add you can always contact me at adele@sirvoy.com or alternatively we can contact you by phone if preferable, to talk things through in more detail. We would love to help you resolve these issues permanently if at all possible. With Kind Regards, Adele

SL

Samuel L.

Almost Perfect, But Not Quite

All in all, this is perhaps the best and most functional booking system/channel manager we could hope for at our hostel. However, there are a few small changes that would benefit us greatly. Firstly, it would helps us out a lot if pricing didn't average out over multiple nights at different rates. If totalscould be calculated using the individual night rates in stead of an average, that would allow...

Cons

Hi Samuel, thanks for your review and also thanks for taking the time to write your suggestions and comments. I have noted the problem you are having regarding the price averaging and switching out the bookings. This is something that has come up before with other hotels. They have overcome this issue by creating a dummy room to swap bookings. The only potential issue here is that it will affect the...

MW

Mitch W.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Sirvoy works. Well. Very well and really straight-forward.

Easy.

Pros

It is intuitive, and it does what it is supposed to do. We have had two previous providers and so we know the field and what is out there - but they both had issues and could not supply some of the basic requirements for an accommodation business. The Sirvoy booking platform integrated into our website is great and allows customers to see the whole schedule. No-one else seems to provide this. And Sirvoy customer service is responsive and answers questions clearly . Sirvoy is simple and easy to work with. Finally - fairly priced and worth it.

Cons

Not found a fault yet... Each time we try to do something, Sirvoy delivers seamlessly.

Hi Mitch, thanks for all your kind praise of Sirvoy. It's great to hear that the system is working well for your business and our customer support is responsive and helpful. We wish you the very best for 2021! Thanks again for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Adele

ML

Michael L.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Sirvoy is great for small hostels and hotels

good. it runs the entire business. we use it daily and would be lost without it

Pros

Sirvoy is fairly easy to use, but without a doubt their biggest advantage is live chat. they are always quick to answer and help you thru any issues

Cons

managing channells can be difficult, more so with the actual channel setup than sirvoy itself. the rest of the software is fine

Hi Michael, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We're delighted that you've found our system to be a great fit for your business. Regarding the challenges you mentioned with channel management, we understand that this aspect can sometimes require a bit of extra attention, especially during the initial setup. If you ever need assistance or have questions, our support team is available 24/7. We're delighted you're happy with the support you've received thus far. Thanks for choosing Sirvoy, and we look forward to continuing to assist you in future! Warm regards, Jodie

CR

Cherie R.

Outstanding Hotel Booking System

What I find especially remarkable with Sirvoy is the live chat feature, available day or night. If I have a particular question and need support, a team member responds immediately and will often follow up with additional related information. Sirvoy's support team feels like family - patient, respectful, friendly, communicative and knowledgeable. They genuinely care. Before going ahead with Sirvoy, I shopped to compare other companies. Overall I was stunned at the competition's lack of organization, follow through or ability to keep up with demand. Sirvoy has provided me with essential business tools, consistent customer service and more importantly, measurable results. I continue to be very pleased with Sirvoy's quality support and customized professional service. 5 Stars!

Pros

Easy to use software and personalized service.

Cons

Perhaps I've simply adapted to their format and upgrades. I have no issues with Sirvoy. When and if I need clarification, it's provided.

Thank you so much for your fantastic review, Cherie! We're thrilled to hear that Sirvoy has been instrumental in supporting your business. Your kind words about our personalized service and live chat feature mean the world to us. We're dedicated to giving you the service you deserve. We're here for you whenever you need us. Thanks for your loyalty to Sirvoy! - Jodie

JM

Josef M.

Perfect allround booking system

Pros

Sirvoy is an incredibly user-friendly booking system that is very easy to learn. Extra plus because it is easy to use on mobile phones/tablets and the support is always there for you.

Cons

That the system is quite basic, not that complex and it takes a while for new features to arrive.

Hi Josef, thank you for your kind words! We're delighted to hear you find Sirvoy user-friendly and easy to use on mobile devices. Our team is always here to support you. We're grateful for your support and look forward to assisting you further! Jodie

BL

Bjørn L.

Good but with a hatch

I'm happy with the software and support but be aware that they can change the pricing and change the pricing model /setup after you sign up. I'm running cabin rental and a camp site. Prices is based on how many rental units you have and one of the selling points before signup was that 4 motorhome/caravan/tent pitches was equal to one room. This pricing model was good for me and put some of...

Pros

Ease of use and have almost al the functionality i need Good support. Good integrations. (eg to most channel partners)

Cons

May have not found it but seems to lack possibility to set some restrictions. e.g specific and generic cancelation policies

Hi Bjørn, thanks for your lovely, honest review. Unfortunately, due to updates that we made to improve our service, we were unable to continue with the same pricing model. However, we hope that our commitment to providing great value means that you will remain with us, as we greatly appreciate your business. WIth thanks, Adele

Ld

Lorenzo d.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

The OG of Booking Engines

This software has made aoooooo much money for my clients. They have an easy monthly fee with 0% per booking.

Pros

The product is freaking amazing and does everything you need to get direct bookings at 0% although the customer service is probably what I’ve enjoyed most.

Cons

I don’t like the booking engine design customization options but that’s no big deal. The widget is still beautiful.

Hi Lorenzo, super happy to hear that you're finding Sirvoy a hit with your clients and that price point and support is exactly where it needs to be. With regards to the Booking Engine, there are plenty of customization options with the latest V3; if you have any queries on this please do get in touch with Support. If what you need isn't available it may be possible that we can help with a workaround or request a fix on your behalf. Thanks again for your awesome review, Adele

kP

kristoffer P.

Performing Arts, 501-1,000 employees

GöteborgsOperans Guest Apartments

I am using Sirvoy for planing for the guest apartments that the GöteborgsOpera have. The Opera have between 40-45 apartments per year. by using Sirvoy i can do all parts in my job in one system. Planing, the daily in checking and out checking of guests, schedules for the cleaners, reports and i can also easily sheer it with other either by giving them there one login or by doing a rapport. I couldn't manage a day without it.

Pros

That it is easy to use and that you can do almost everything on you one.

Cons

Since I am using it for apartments and I need to add allot of information about the apartments I would like to be able to attach a document to each apartment/room.

Hi Kristoffer Thanks for taking the time to submit this review. We are delighted to hear that you can easily manage the day to day running of your apartments with Sirvoy and that it has become so indispensable to your business. I will let our developers know about your wish to add to documents to the units. If enough customers require the same thing then this will be added the development list...

BF

Bryan F.

Great Company

excellent

Pros

Weve been using Sirvoy for over 10 years, somebody here had the bright idea to change to sitemeinder but after 2 weeks of terrible service and false capabilities and I insisted we go back to Sirvoy, we are a hostless lodge and people check in with an ipad at the front desk, sirvoy has an amazing customer service, they are always on hand to help.

Cons

I cant think of anything, they are really good

Welcome back! We're delighted that our exceptional customer service played a key role in your decision to return after over 10 years of being a part of the Sirvoy family. Your satisfaction is our top priority, and we're always here to provide you with the best customer service possible. If you ever need assistance or have questions, don't hesitate to reach out. Thank you for choosing Sirvoy to help run your hostless lodge efficiently. Your feedback is greatly appreciated! Jodie

TB

Tomaz B.

Best value for money

We've been using Sirvoy for a couple of years now and we're quite happy with it. Although the biggest problem we have is with the booking engine for our website. It really needs an update. More and bigger pictures. You can barely see anything on those small pictures. The whole thing is lacking a bit and we see a lot of people just don't like using it. Also it really needs support for more payment gateways. Omnipay could be implemented (https://github.com/thephpleague/omnipay) It would also solve our issue with receiving credit cards from channels like booking.com over FAX. A bit easier way for price managing, line a price calendar or something would be nice.

Pros

Price and ease of use

Cons

Not enough features. The booking engine needs an update and more payment gateways.

Hi Tomaz Thanks for your comments and suggestions. Just to update you, we are currently in the process of remodelling the image gallery so that photo display will be improved and that update will be released shortly. An feature that may also solve your issue with price management is also in the pipeline. I will also pass along your other comments to our developers. In the meantime thanks for your patience and do bear with us; we are getting there! Your feedback is invaluable when it comes to prioritisation of the development list so please feel free to send us your thoughts; we always try to incorporate our customers wishes. With Thanks Adele Worden Communication Manager

PV

PAUL V.

Great HMS and customer support

Pros

Easy to use, many options like statistics. It made our job much easier, especially with the use of the channel managers. We of course had some little issues over the past 4 years but they were always solved very swiftly by their professional customer support.

Cons

It was mentioned by another reviewer already that it isn't possible to just swap rooms instead of moving them first to a dummy room. Another con is that if you cancel a reservation by mistake it is impossible to re-activate it or to move it back to the ctive reservations. You will have to make a complete new reservation.

Hi Paul, thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I have been advised by our Developers that there is a room swap feature that will hopefully meet all your needs. Please see our support article here: https://sirvoy.com/blog/topic/manage-your-bookings/modify-bookings/moving-a-guest-to-a-different-room/. Regarding your second comment about the inability to reinstate cancelled reservations I was informed that this is on the Dev list. I have added your name to the list of requesters for this and you will be notified once this update is live. If you have any questions/queries on the above please feel free to contact our team at support@sirvoy.com for further info. With thanks, Adele

FO

Fredrik O.

Great system for us!

Changed the lives of everyone involved in the business. Also love the long trial, which makes it an easy sale to everyone else, when you can showcase how it works without having to pay for anything upfront. I can see how some people find it confusing in the beginning - but I used YouTube, and got a hang of it in a couple of hours.

Pros

Calendar, ease of use, easy integration to website, good price, no "risk".... I am sure I could go on and on about it.

Cons

Wish I could customize more, but for a standardized solution - I think it is a 10/10.

Hi Fredrik, what a great review! Lovely to know that you're finding it easy to use and it's helping you streamline your business. We are always open to comments and suggestions on how we can improve so any thoughts on customisation I'd encourage you to let our support know. Your requests are what continues to make Sirvoy better year after year. Thanks so much for your lovely feedback. Regards, Adele

RB

Robin B.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Very good hotel management system for small business.

Great and budget conscious for our needs (small hotel) that takes a lot of work out of our hands.

Pros

We really like the simplicity of the product, its ease of implementation and great customer support (not that this is needed a lot).

Cons

We would like to have seen a little more development towards creating packages (by combining from existing products/extra services), but as our focus on packages is still quite small, we tend to ignore this.

Hi Robin, thank you for such a lovely review. We are delighted that you are enjoying Sirvoy and that you have found it easy to get started and set up. We appreciate your feedback about the packages and will consider this when making future changes. Kind regards, Katie

Krishna C.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Great for a guesthouse, easy to use. But no payment option for Indonesia

Save time

Pros

Easy to use Automated messages Editable reservation forms Links to OTA's

Cons

No payment options for Indonesia. They do provide paypal as a payment option, but i would need to change my currency to USD. This doesn't make sense as we are an Indonesian company. How is it that Sirvoy doesn't have a payment option for one of the most populated countries in the world?!

Dear Krishna, we really appreciate your feedback. I'm glad to hear that you're finding Sirvoy a good fit for your guesthouse. I can of course understand your frustration at not having more payment providers options aimed at your location. Unfortunately, it is a very large job for our developers to connect to and maintain connections to these providers. We have a minimum number of Sirvoy users required...

RS

Ryan S.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Sirvoy offers a solid platform that has not failed us in the 3 years we have used it.

We now do 75% of our bookings online through our own website thanks to Sirvoy

Pros

Sirvoy is simple to use and offers a tremendous amount of functionality for the cost. Sirvoy has taken our little 25 unit motel online, and in the 3 years we have been using Sirvoy, it has not let us down once. The ease of use is a big reason I recommend it-- some of my employees are in their 70s and 80s and have never used a computer before, and they were able to figure out Sirvoy in a matter of minutes. I researched many other options and Sirvoy offers most of the functionality of its competitors for a much more reasonable price.

Cons

My only issue with Sirvoy is the fact that it relies completely on internet connectivity. I would like there to be a way to download an offline calendar for emergencies.

Hi Ryan, thanks for the feedback. You're a great example of how the booking form can really help to increase direct bookings! Just to let you know; you can export the calendar in 'settings'. It's not in calendar format but it gives you a full list of all bookings in order with the most relevant guest details. Hope that helps a bit. Thanks again, Adele Worden, Communications Manager

JC

Julie C.

Great PMS with Stellar Support

Sirvoy provides top notch customer service in addition to an expansive and well-written support area. When I need help, I get immediate responses using the chat from knowledgeable people.

Pros

Sirvoy has a clean, easy to use interface with texting and email capability that also connects with booking channels. Ability to create group bookings and separate booking engines. We love the housekeeping report.

Cons

A few feature requests would be the ability to mask text numbers in the US and to integrate with a lock system partner (like RemoteLock). Some of the support articles need examples of how you might use things- it took me getting desperate and asking for a better way to learn how to manage group bookings and invoices.

Thanks for the lovely review Julie. I'm so happy that you agree with us in thinking our support is pretty fantastic, we have to agree with you on that one! With regards to the integrations, it's worth mentioning to our support also; if we have enough requests this is something we do look into. I will certainly pass along your feedback regarding the support articles too. Thanks again for your feedback! Adele

EJ

Emmanuel J.

Easy and Simple

My overall experience is very positiv, as already said the system is very easy and simple to use, a lot of good features and a good overview makes it a perfect software for our hotel.

Pros

Sirvoy is really easy to use. I just started working with it little bit more than a year ago and got used to it very quickly. Good overview and simple layout makes it possible for anyone to understand it. You can add and change things easily, for example in the calender you can just move a booking from one room to another.

Cons

There is not really much to say here from my side. There are some details that could be better. One of them is forwarding details from booking channels, just as breakfast (which is included in our bookings) and the phone number, the country code doesn´t appear in the right spot, you got to change those things manually.

Hi Emmanuel, we really appreciate your kind words and we're so happy to hear that you've been finding Sirvoy helpful and easy to use. Our support team are always on hand to offer assistance and please remember that if you ever have suggestions on how you feel we can improve our system you are welcome to leave your feedback. We rely on partners like yourself to make our software even better! Thanks again for you review. Adele

DP

Daniel P.

Good Product

Good enough software, great customer service

Pros

The ease of set up and learning curve. Easy to put the widget in my website and start taking bookings.

Cons

lack of some features, or training how to use them i just now really learned about the website builder and crm feature, maybe they are newer feature since I bought.

Hi Daniel, thanks for these great comments about Sirvoy as well as your feedback on needed training. We love feedback like this as it helps us to keep improving and learning how we can make our software even better. Kind regards, Adele

WT

Warren T.

Sirvoy Tops for us

time saving, easy to use, simple guidance when needed

Pros

easy daily use, does it all for our business, channel manager is a big plus, prompts me when making an error. fantastic back up, Sirvoy has made our daily PMS a pleasure to use

Cons

I cannot fathom pasting into emails or sms boxes.

Hello Warren. Thanks for taking time out of. your busy day to leave us this super feedback. We're so happy you found us and delighted to hear that we're saving you and your business time and money. Looking forward to continue working with you, Adele

GD

Gladys D.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Everything we need in one place!

Great experience, enables a quick and easy solution for property management.

Pros

All my reservations go into one single point of contact and my different reservation partners such as Expedia and Booking can be easily linked to this property manager. It took a lot of the weigh and stress of managing reservations in a small business and start up. Awesome that this is available for all size of properties.

Cons

Managing Airbnb reservations are still a problem, as I would need to have one room always available for them, instead of maximizing it with all the reservation partners / tools.

Hello Gladys, both to you and the team in Oaxaca. We would like to thank you for your terrific review and glad you have found it to be so user friendly and suited to your business. Please know that our support staff are there both to offer assistance with the software and also to listen to your feedback on our system. Please feel free to contact them anytime on support@sirvoy.com. Thanks again! Adele