SkyTouch Hotel OS Reviews

4.26/5 (94 reviews)
Pros
  • It is easy to learn and has very helpful support team with online help. So your never left guessing.
  • Makes the job easier, the program allows you to move through the process of a reservation with out any stress.
  • Intuitive Nature, Easy to train staff, online training. Credit Card interface Web based-no special hardware needed!
  • The ease of training new employees, the reservation process, the home page that you are able to change to fit your property.
Cons
  • Since I can't think of anything I dislike about it, I wish property setup was a little quicker.
  • I don't like how we cant look up rooms by just the room number. The refund process is tricky as well.
  • Some copying functionalities are missing like no shows and future reservations cannot be duplicated.
  • Reports can generate slow (mornings usually). More expensive than our last property management system.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Michael O'Loughlin

This was a huge upgrade from our prior Software.

CLoud solution.

Pros
The best thing of this software is being cloud based. Having the ability to get up to date information on the spot from anywhere in the world.

Cons
it makes no sense to have to log in multiple times to have to go to different areas. It is more of an issue when using your phone or tablet.

The SkyTouch Difference!

Reviewed 2019-02-08

Pros
What I like most about the software is the ease of use. SkyTouch has allowed us to cut down our training time for new hotel front desk agents. SkyTouch Learning adds an extra bonus of virtual training as well.

Cons
There honestly isn't much that I dislike about the software and the only dislike that I have is the layout of the registration card. The layout of the registration card is too limited on the number of allowed words.

Rita Savola

Some of the features are not as easy to use as they should be.

Reviewed 2018-03-25

Cons
Posting credit balances in the direct bill accounts is not very easily done. Some of the features have to many steps involved in them. It is not easy to find some of things I need right away or I can't access them without calling sky touch for help. As the General Manager I would think I would be able to a bit more control over certain aspects and function of the system.

Response from SkyTouch Technology

Thank you for your feedback, Rita.

Laura Ryun

It has been better in regards to our old program

Reviewed 2017-08-15

Updated & being cloud based.

Pros
It is awesome having the help on the desktop & also customer support. It is easier in a lot of ways than our previous program but there are a few things that I would like to see added or updated. Our company has sent in requests for them.

Cons
The front desk clerks are experiencing some trouble & there are a few things that take longer for them to do.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Frank Okun

I don't like the tier system...prefer to just enter whatever rate I want.

Ease of access

Pros
Ease of access, not overly complex. Glad that the rate system has an override function, but the default is set to just 100 days out...I should be able to override anytime in the future.

Cons
I don't like the rate tier system....prefer to just enter whatever rate I want. Plus the occupancy report does not include block revenue with rooms not picked up yet...completely throws off my ability to enter OTB revenue.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Brian Courtney

Overall the experience has been good. The fact that the program is web-based has been very useful!

Reviewed 2017-08-11

Pros
I really enjoy that the program is web-based, as this allows me to work on the go. It's a very simple system to learn and teach to my staff.

Cons
I wish that the rate management system worked better. We experience quite a few errors with it. The main issue is with the timing of closing the property to arrivals and revenue changes. Sometimes these changes never hit the system...

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

I Wen Ku

Most of the functions are pretty helpful, but when we need help, the waiting time is too long.

Reviewed 2018-01-09

Pros
We can easily manage our arrival and depart list, and also the type chat function is very helpful for us to arrange our reservation.

Cons
During our use, sometimes we will have double charge problem, overbook problem due to the system. The customer service is pretty good and helpful, the only thing is the phone line always busy and the waiting time is too long.

Amber Savage

Easiest program I have used in a very long time!

Reviewed 2017-09-26

Its a great program to use in a fast pace business! It is user friendly and the support that comes along with it is unbeatable!

Pros
User friendly! Tech support is so friendly and ready to help with any question or concern! The check in process is quick and easy along with the check outs!

Kala Hoover

User Friendly

Reviewed 2017-08-10

Pros
It is very simple to use if you have never used another system, customer service is almost always FANTASTIC. You have some great people in place for helping and not making us feel dumb. Love being able to log on anywhere.

Cons
Wish there was an easier way to have packages and keep invetory count of rollaway beds and other misc. items. Same with meeting rooms.

Patrick Hebert

Best PMS for hotels... period!

Reviewed 2019-02-01

From the sales department to support, everyone that I've interacted with has been professional, courteous and most of all very competent.

Pros
The most friendly user PMS out there. I've worked in the hospitality industry for 37 years and have worked with them all, and SkyTouch is by far the best.

Anonymous

SkyTouch is easier to use than our past PMS and we appreciate the ability to train someone faster.

Reviewed 2017-12-22

Pros

Cons
The group functions (not being able to change rates per day, and some glitches that have caused us to have group rooms unaccounted for. Also the downtime that hits us during our check in time in the PST time zone.

Liz Travis

The program has been really easy to learn

Reviewed 2017-08-10

I can be more proficient and get more done in a day and easily book groups without having to look in multiple locations for availability and pricing.

Pros
The way it looks and the way it is laid out. I love to be able to call support or chat with them at any time. I love that you can access it from your phone. It is very easy to make a reservation and see all available rooms and rates at once. Booking into a group block is extremely easy.

Cons
I work with a lot of groups and the program seems to not be highly group oriented. For example: group expected totals, each room transferring over at the end of the stay rather then per night, no group number totaling at the bottom when booking a room......

Tara Newland

SkyTouch has been a huge upgrade compared to our previous pms system. They have a great IT team!

Reviewed 2017-08-11

Pros
The software meets most of my needs and is easy to navigate without too much confusion. It rarely has issues and the technical support team is great to work with.

Cons
The thing I like the least is all the software updates its seems like we do them too often. I wish there were easier ways to do rooming list.

Richard Wood

Best Software we have used

Reviewed 2018-03-27

Cons

Response from SkyTouch Technology

Thank you for being a value customer, Richard. We appreciate your review.

teri Buxton

Easy to manage functions

Reviewed 2017-08-18

A better knowledge of hotel management from housekeeping to maintenance and front desk

Pros

Cons
I so not like the tape chart. I think it should be able to show all rooms at once without scrolling up and down.

Brittany Villarreal

Very user friendly

Reviewed 2018-08-17

Pros

Cons
Skytouch still has some bugs in it sometimes shows that there are no rooms when clearly there is. Luckly that has only happen a few times on non-busy days.

Terrible UX

Reviewed 2019-05-01

Complicated and unnecessary steps to complete a task. Give users feedback message when sending out confirmation/cancellation e-mails.

Pros
I only liked the little icon that displays when you collect payment from a guest. That's very useful to have on the arrival list.

Cons
Almost everything. There's rarely any feedback message when you send a confirmation/cancellation e-mail to guests. Most times it never makes it to a guest's inbox. Lots of error message that offers no solution. For our flow, we have to fill out a guest's contact info before we take their card information. When a cardholder name is blank, there's an error message that displays and tells us we have to fill it out. Very inconvenient when you're trying to save a guest's info and you can't because of that error message. Results in us having to cancel the changes which clears everything you made in the input field!

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

Sherry Lovegrove

Customer Support is fast and friendly. Software was easy to learn.

Reviewed 2017-08-10

Pros
Customer Support (Tech Support), Rate management is easy, and very easy to customize. Customer service was great through the whole set up process. Good training program.

Amber Little

Reviewed 2019-06-28

Pros
Skytouch is a very easy hotel management system to use. I have used other systems in the past and Skytouch is very easy to use.

Cons
I wish we were able to connect Skytouch to STS so they talked and allowed me to process invoices easier.

Ginny Hill

This system is very user friendly.

Reviewed 2018-01-05

Pros
It is very easy to learn and provides a good platform for my reports. Most information for previous guests is easy to find and we are able to customize every need to create a complete picture of our guest profiles for future uses.

Cons
The group functionality could be more complete and the information easier for a busy front desk agent to access, especially a quick glance at rates and room types specified for a specific group. Many times a guest will not say they are with a group until the reservation has been almost completed and then the base info is harder access to answer guest questions.

Kerry Wallsworth

easy to use - a lot of options to customize your property

Reviewed 2017-08-10

overall positive experience with customer support. Set up was relatively easy.

Pros
I like the customization of Skytouch PMS. It's very simple to use compared to other Property Management Software. Running reports is simple. Customer support is pretty quick to get back when anyone has an issue.

Cons
The item I like least would be concerning any kind of adjustments after checkout. If you are needing to refund 20% back you must do multiple steps in order to adjust this off correctly, accurately and to the customers card.

Aley Philp

This is my 2nd hotel using SkyTouch - recommend it to everyone!

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2017-08-10

Remote access, ease of HOS use, easy compatibility with Channel Manager / SiteMinder, purchase and tech support.

Pros
Ease of functionality, very user friendly, intuitive for the hotel industry. Training was too the point and quickly accessed for my staff. Remote access is amazing! Can't wait for the app!

Cons
Customer service / tech support takes a long time to get back to you. The group "Reservations" tab has changed within the past year - I liked the old layout better for Group Masters.

Very User Friendly

Reviewed 2017-12-19

Pros
The customer support is excellent and this software is extremely easy to use. The fact that it also a web based application is very helpful.

Cons
It would be nice to have a few more revenue management capabilities. This could include the ability for adding add-ons.

K.J Grewal

Worst PMS system

Reviewed 2018-06-02
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
There are only two positive things about this PMS system. 1. This is a web based system there can be accessed from anywhere. 2. 24/7 US based phone support.

Cons
The list on cons is long: 1.Frequent crashes and updates that does not add any useful features to the system. 2.Long list of known issues but no intentions of ever fixing these issues. 3.This system is primarily used by Choice hotels so the design and features of this PMS is geared toward choice hotels.It is not a good system for independent hotels. 4.Only few integrations and interfaces to 3rd party platforms. 5.Over bookings happens frequently and when you call them about the over bookings you are told that they will run the so called Delta Report but no body cares to follow up after that.

Amanda Bridgeman

we have different issues every week.

Reviewed 2017-08-10

I did recommend this product to another property and they ended up selecting this product and they have had really bad trouble with it. Now I feel like an idiot.

Pros
I like that the program is cloud based so I can log on from home or on the go. I appreciate the updates happen over night.

Cons
groups are unfriendly to work with, every week we have a different issue. lately we have had a lot of printing issues. customer support is sometimes not very good. Most of them have zero accounting knowledge. sometimes wait time for customer service is too long. Would like additional information on dashboard or in reports.

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10