Uplisting Reviews - Page 2

JR

Jon R.

Hospitality, self-employed

Great Option for Small Nightly Rental Operators

Fantastic so far. No complaints. Easy to use and understand interface and excellent customer service team when I have questions.

Pros

Most of the channel management tools are very similar in product scope. At their most base level, they all provide calendar synchronization, unified inboxes, and message automation. The features that sold me on Uplisting were the direct feed to the Google Rentals platform, easy to use in-system cleaning scheduling and management, and integration with other important tools like PriceLabs and Zapier.

Cons

The price is the biggest con for me. With only one listing $100 / month is on the more expensive side, but I can add up to 5 properties for that price, so as I grow, it will become more economical.

AB

Adam B.

Buy this instead of paying 20% to an Airbnb/VRBO manager

We are able to automate almost every aspect of the Airbnb/VRBO process from check-in to automated review asks and review leaving, cleaning, dynamic pricing etc.

Pros

Uplisting makes our jobs coordinating guest check-ins/cleanings simple and allows us to only communicate with guests for nice things instead of routine things that Uplisting automates. Cleanings, door codes, communications, everything is automated through Uplisting and we love it for coordinating VRBO, Airbnb etc. Uplisting even lists you on VRBO automatically using your Airbnb listing info, which instantly gets you 20-40% more bookings!

Cons

The previous messaging app was not very full featured, however since the new releases put out in the last year, the messaging app is amazing now.

LD

Lisa D.

Moving on UPlisting!

I have found that everyone on the UP team is there to help. I was trialing another PMS several years ago and everyone would go home at 3:00pm on a Friday and not return until Monday. With Uplisting, I have always had someone reach out to me within the hour no matter the day or time.

Pros

1. Great customer service.2. Features that are beyond what many of the other PMSs provide.3. Constantly adding features that we the hosts ask for. Very hands-on leadership.

Cons

There are a couple of features I am looking forward to:1. They are working on making the calendar more user-friendly.2. I would like to see integrations with some of they accounting software out there like Stessa.

DF

Douglas F.

Best All-In-One Property Managing Software, Channel Manager & Messaging Service

Tip top. It's the best out there and will keep getting better.

Pros

Incredible staff. Well trained, informed help, who can actually answer and fix your problems.Quick, simple, yet lots of great features. Very flexible software. Helps us get more bookings, and very quickly change availability and prices far in the future - but with lots of little, well-thought-out bonuses like telling it that all Saturdays in the year 2024 should have a minimum stay of 2 nights and the prices are higher than other nights... Other PMS / Managers struggle with these kind of bonuses.

Cons

Only got full integration with Airbnb, Booking.com, Google Vacations and VrBo... Yes, they're the big 4 - but TripAdvisor, Agoda etc only have Availability & Bookings synched (ie no unified messaging or price alterations possible).. they could definitely do with linking these kind of sites fully...

Thanks so much for your review Douglas! Lots to come this year including a brand new mobile app, an operational dashboard, automated client statements, upsells and more!

DD

Don D.

Covers So Many Bases

Switching from Guesty for Hosts I found this PMS much more exhaustive and malleable in terms of its capabilities. I certainly feel this is a tool that is effective "right out of the box" and that it will grow with time to meet my needs. I've had lots of questions and the support personnel have been very responsive.

Pros

I love the pre-booking tool! I switched from another PMS for this very reason - I needed these tools that Uplisting has in place: 1. Guest Screening/ ID Verification, 2. Signed Rental Agreement, and 3. Damage Deposit Collection. Also, Uplisting has numerous API and iCal integrations and the list is growing. Additionally, I have been VERY impressed with the customer support. They are knowledgeable and very helpful, and they respond quickly to inquiries - and that is essential. Lastly, they have a roadmap available to all users that explains what they are currently working on in terms of improvements, enhancements, etc as well as what is on deck and also what is being considered. It is good to know that the development team is hard at work improving and enhancing the product.

Cons

I will admit that for some the GUI (Graphic User Interface) of the PMS might appear a bit staid and stiff but it is very useable and efficient. It's not designed for visual fluff but for effective use as a PMS.

Don, thanks so much for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to write it.

EE

Emily E.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Could be so good - but has too many issues...

I wish wish wish these guys improved their software. It has the potential to be amazing but there are some major flaws. We decided to go with uplisting as their price is so competative compared to Guesty - but it seems that you get what you pay for - a buggy, wannabe SAAS. Building a software that can't be used on a phone, for an industry that is often on its feet, is hard to understand. Uplisting's...

Pros

This system has so much potential - lots of neat features like direct booking websites, deposit systems, automated messages (if it is working). Great integrations with platforms (except VRBO). Great pricing control. Really nice 'how to' videos by the founders for most setup needs...

Cons

The design is not responsive - so we can't use any of the features of this software on our mobiles, that's right: none at all, not even when you're in a bind and can't get to a desktop. The mobile app that does exist is less than minimal only allowing you to message guests: BUT: - the saved responses don't work - it doesn't load previous conversations - you can't see when a guest has sent a messages...

KM

Koran M.

The Best PMS!

Automation, collection of guests details. My workload in dealing with guests and new bookings has decreased by 2 thirds. Allowing me to crack on with running my business.

Pros

I have been doing serviced apartments for nearly 3 years now. I am still new, still learning and adapting. I have been with 2 other PMS's. I left the first one because they started off well, but kept taking away features and adding them as an add-ons, and the UX/UI kept changing- I felt like I had to keep re-learning how to use it. The second one, they promised me the world and hyped up their software,...

Cons

I can't comment on cons. The reason being because there's nothing that comes to mind. The team are always implementing new features. And they listen and work on other features. It's not about "cons" and what's least to like, it's about how the team deal with it. And for that, I have no negative comments.

CH

Cory H.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Exactly what I was looking for...

My overall experience has been very positive and I truly feel that I am good hands with the Uplisting team.

Pros

After nearly 10 years with one of the largest channel managers on the market and then a bumpy 6 month run with another provider over promising and under delivering, I was so relieved when I stumbled upon Uplisting by chance in a Google search. It is exactly what I was looking for - as if it were designed by property managers like myself. The customer service is outstanding and the Uplisting team is willing to listen and implement customer feature requests.

Cons

If I had to find one flaw, I would say not having the ability to edit reservation line items (costs and fees) and in turn the automatically calculated owner payout totals is probably the most important issue that needs to be addressed. However, after suggesting some ideas, the team is working on making this feature available.

NW

Nathan W.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Awesome software, even better team behind it

One of the sleeper features of Uplisting is its integration with Zapier. I can easily export every single booking into an AirTable or Google Sheet (and it gets modified or deleted as the booking gets modified or canceled). From there, I can create all sorts of analytics equations and see how far in advance people book which properties during which seasons. I can set up automatic Twilio text messages if I want. I can tie IFTTT into my spreadsheet and then do other things like drop my property's thermostats to an "away" mode to keep from wasting heat in the winter when I don't have guests. The possibilities are endless. As I learn more about the system and its strengths I keep coming up with cool ideas and was to leverage this integration.

Pros

Uplisting is a beautifully conceived and powerful software solution that seems to have grown from the ground up with an eye toward scalability and the frequent implementation of new features. There's no extra BS that isn't useful or doesn't work, so it does what it does extremely well. When I started into short term rentals in 2016, Uplisting was newer and I ultimately chose a different product that...

Cons

I can't really ask for much more aside from perhaps a really good booking metrics section. However, with a little elbow grease and smarts, you can leverage its Zapier integration and create your own metrics and booking analysis for free, plus a host of other things. See below.

HW

Holly W.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Make your life easier- give uplisting a go!

We changed from using guesty which we were struggling with on the support side of things. We were not getting answers for sometimes days meaning lost bookings and upset guests... since changing to uplisting we have had such a positive experience in particular with the support. It is excellent! Having a real human get back to you on an important issue is so incredibly important and often it is [SENSITIVE...

Pros

What a breath of fresh air- support from real humans in real time! Uplisting listen to all feedback and are excellent in the support department! This has got to be the number one factor for trying any new software.

Cons

The software is constantly evolving and the developers are hands on- listening and improving features all the time. I can really only say that the one negative is that currently you can’t view the entire month at once.. however knowing [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team I’m sure it is in the pipeline along with so many other exciting improvements.

Miguel L.

The Best I've Found

Phenomenal, I won't be going anywhere, they have really proved themselves to vacation property managers that they put us first. They are slowly trying to master each new feature without comprising the overall use of what makes them great.

Pros

I love how uplisting connects with AirBnB & Booking seamlessly, the integrated all in one inbox absolutely amazing as well makes it easier for my team to access everything in one area. I'm happy with the support as of now, the team is always on it and from the start [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has helped our team from the beginning, to onboarding, questions, and any difficulties we've had. I've worked with so many other PMS/Channel managers and have been hopping around with massive frustration, I'm glad I can finally end the headache of timewasting of switching every 6 months to a new PMS with one I can finally call home. Thanks [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].

Cons

The onboarding with VRBO is slow but this is mostly issues with Homeaway rather than uplisting, also some third party pricing tools have to be tweaked around to be able to customized with uplisting so you don't get the full ability of some apps, also they don't have a widget for direct bookings on website (their new link payment makes up for this in some way but not if your a marketer wanting to send traffic) however, the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has mentioned that this it is something that will be coming out soon so Im looking forward to seeing that and their app in action.

DG

Dave G.

Fantastic Channel Manager with forward thinking owners

Uplisting is a hospitality management tool that makes our business perform operationally with ease, I particularly like how progressive the company is and how they listen to their clients and update the platform accordingly.

Pros

The software is easy to use set up and operate. Integration with OTAs and other software is simple and has a very strong API

Cons

Nothing really all is very good, the new upgrades coming for Insights are exciting

TS

Timothy S.

Hospitality, self-employed

Outstanding Tool to manage just one or multiple properties

Awesome intuitive onboarding with lots of available handholding if needed. I just added my second home with a third to come and I couldn't be doing that without Uplisting.

Pros

I love that this manages ALL of my calendars, so if I get a booking on one site, the calendar for that booking period is blocked for any other site. I love that it tasks my cleaning team automatically, and further that I can automate my messaging to the guests ensuring a much richer conversational experience for them. Finally the support is pretty good, usually they get back with me via chat (my preferred channel) within an hour or two.

Cons

Integration with VRBO software would be great, and some more granularity into controlling price rules would be nice. The direct booking site is really sparse and doesn't seem to allow for multiple photos to be posted unless I (very likely) am missing something - perhaps an integration with August, like they did with Mint which saves a TON of time for me.

Ta

Tamara and Jim M.

Real Estate, self-employed

Full Potential Not Yet Realized

I don't find the dashboard super-intuitive. There is a concerted effort to have help features at my fingertips ... although I have found some of that help out-of-date vs how the dashboard looks and feels today.

Pros

I like that Uplisting is clearly not a one-size-fits-all software. It CAN be what varying properties might need to be.

Cons

I think my biggest pain point is, it is not app-friendly. Coming from Guesty, which IS app-enabled, it was a step down. At the time of my onboarding, not being able to create lock codes for my guests easily was a close second, although now that creating locks is much easier.

SO

Shari O.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

Love using Uplisting !!

Professional team, excellent customer service and they go the extra mile to assist their clients. Excellent, easy to use software.

Pros

Uplisting is the most simple platform I have used as a channel manager, it is easy to set up and easy to learn and use. The auto messaging is faultless, messages go out as planned. I love that I can save messages to be sent last minute as well and click and send with ease. The support team are excellent and have been helpful from the beginning. I love that the team are improving their software all...

Cons

Just waiting for a booking button for our website and a few more features on the Housekeeping side and we'll be a customer for life !! Very happy :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to write an in-depth review Shari. We appreciate it! A few upgrades to the housekeeping feature coming in the next week. Looking forward to working together for the long term!

DF

Douglas F.

I love Uplisting

Pros

Versatile. More functions than the competition. Incredible customer support. Educated, informed, skilled and knowledgeable staff with quick answers and solutions.

Cons

Could do with more channel integrations - not just iCal.

RD

Rex D.

Great system - Terrible support

Great system, Great support people but usually waiting over a day or two to get an answer, really unacceptably bad support

Pros

Ease of use and integrations with Vacation Rental systems is great

Cons

No integration with Breezeway. Really, really, really bad support. impossible and if it does not improve will be the reason myself and i suggest many others will have to look at other systems.

Ay

Aowei y.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Easy to Use, Very AI feel.

Overall experience is even though that there are some I desired features are still under development, I would like to put my faith in them, I can see the bright future for them. I m using them, and happy with them. Keep it on!@ Uplisting.

Pros

I used many of property management software, they all have some good features and some useless ones. But Uplisting is more like a reliable real personal assistant to me. Maybe that is the AI... Especially the 1. Automation-Each reservation it helps to send out 7 emails to the guest. 2. Auto price mark up- It sends out the percentage that I would like to mark upon each channel after I set up the base price 3.Real-time sync speed. Believe me, This is more important than anything else. No more overbooking so far 4.The response time- Even though they are not based in the US, but the quick response when I have questions is really helpful. 5. I like the video tutorials they make for new feature release.

Cons

There are some features comes really handy that Uplisting is still developing are: 1. Website, I would like to have a website building tool to create my personal booking page, they said that they will release the feature around March 2020. 2. I would like to send out guests quotes with all the price break down before I really create a reservation to them. 3. I would like to edit the daily price or the total amount after I select the dates, or discount the price on percentage. 4. I hope there is a simple beep sound while there is a new message.

CW

Craig W.

Craig Westaway Director Bnb Booking manage 47 properties

It's been seamless since we changes from Guesty. Much easier to use and much more cost effective

Pros

Ease of use, excellent support and cost effective

Cons

The app but in progress to be updated now

AB

Austė B.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

With a good team there is nothing impossible

We are a short-term rental agency, who are managing 70 apartments. Uplisting helps us to manage the business easier and save a lot of time.

Pros

The software is user-friendly, it's comfortable to use. It has all the functions, that are needed to manage the short-term rentals. Also, we like integrations with Zapier and Stripe. The most thing, we are happy about is the team, who are working there. They help in every situation and pay a lot of attention to the client. Also, they are working on new features, that are needed for this business. Big thanks to the team, you are working great!

Cons

The cleaning schedule can be improved, if you have a lot of apartments, it's not comfortable to use. Waiting for the app, because most of the work is done on a mobile phone. The integration of the website would be nice to have.

MB

Matthew B.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Solves the problems you actually have with Airbnb, product direction & support both 💯

Pros

The team are on to a winner with uplisting - it's thoroughly modern web software for managing multiple listings on Airbnb. It's also the only way I could consider listing on booking.com (after years on Airbnb), and has paid for itself through the extra bookings that generated. I've also been really happy to see it manage prices in a smart way, and send consistent, automatic replies to guests.

Cons

uplisting is trying to drive multiple booking sites, all with different interfaces and assumptions. It exposes what it can do for you, even if the result is inconsistent. So I needed to dive in and understand more of the underlying booking platforms than I wanted. Messaging is an active area of development - so you can sometimes only see the messages you've sent, not the ones you've received. It's not clear what it's doing in the background - has it finished? Has it done what I wanted? Some more feedback or logs would be useful. (every negative has been backed up with a reassuring support experience, and often feature fixes weeks later)

Hi Matthew, Thanks so much for your review, we really appreciate you taking the time to do this. We've released a few updates to the inbox recently (filtering and ordering) and in the next day or two will also release the ability to close/archive and to star/prioritise messages. You'll also see full Booking.com message conversations very very soon!

DC

David C.

Excellent Software

Pros

The software is very easy to use on a daily basis. It integrates perfectly with all the OTA's and other software we use to manage our business. The guest communication and automated message option are perfect and a great time saver. It helps greatly streamline our communications with all guests. I also like the new features which are always being added. The Customer Service/Support are a credit to the business.

Cons

There aren't any Cons. Everything works as it should and if it doesn't Customer Service/Support are always on hand to assist.

Easy & fast to setup + great support

Pros

- Fast & reliable at syncronising bookings across channels - I switched to Uplisting from another channel manager that didn't syncronise fast enough and caused me to recieve double bookings. - Integration with Stripe, reporting invalid credit cards back to Booking.com and automatically charging on Booking - saves me a few minutes on each booking. - Automated messaging - works with both Airbnb and Booking.com. Guests love the instant confirmation message after booking, which wasn't always possible. I also have a scheduled message for after checkout - asking the guests for feedback and a review. - Clear roadmap of development (they share their plan trello.com) - Fixed price per listing - Instant support via intercom

Cons

- No mobile apps, but the website is mobile brower friendly. - Automated messages could be improve with some more customisation options.

AS

Adrian S.

Real Estate, self-employed

Essential

Pros

Uplisting allows me to manage my portfolio effectively

Cons

I sometimes need to use my laptop because the app doesn’t enable certain features

ML

Miguel L.

Thanks upllisting

I love it

Pros

The best in the biz after much research and disappointment from others

Cons

lack of single content edits across linked platforms, inbox messaging with vrbo,