15Five Logo

Wesley M.

Machinery, 201-500 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Survey Details

Pros

Emplify's engagement surveys break down a lot of categories for what employees need to feel most engaged at their workplace. It's very helpful to have things to focus on already interpreted from within the surveys instead of just tallying and averaging results to individual survey questions.

Cons

They used to have a very nice, fully customizable platform for resource app development, but that went away when Apple made some big changes to their app store policies. While that's not Emplify's focus, it was a very useful addition to their platform that the new surveys-only app does not really live up to.

TT

Tiffany T.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Easy to Manage Performance and Review Goals With 15Five

Our company and teams are very satisfied with 15Five!

Pros

The product is extremely easy to use for all types of teams within a company. We were able to integrate it with no complications. The check-ins are a great feature that ensure the right priorities are being focused on.

Cons

There are a lot of features within 15Five that I do not think we're taking full advantage of as a company! The interface does not make these additional features very prominent so you do have to spend some time to poke around to see what other features there are that may be useful to your team or company.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Helped Us Get Reviews Done

Pros

15Five allows our employees to centrally check-in each week and provide feedback on themselves, plus feedback on everything around them.

Cons

The onboarding could have gone a bit better.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

very basic tool for recording feedback

Nice tool but eventually we moved off of it since it wasn't providing enough value.

Pros

15five is very simple to use which encourages interaction. You can provide a daily feed on your day, provide high fives to helpful team members, and that's really most of it.

Cons

Would have like better integration with other office productivity tools. Notifications got a little out of hand so our administrator had to dial it back down.

11-50 employees

We're a completely remote company, and this is a keystone of our communication

Pros

Incredibly easy to set up and jump in, while also having a lot of flexibility to add a lot of features/functions.

Cons

Can get expensive with a huge staff. Requires a bit of self-learning to know how to properly use Slack, and not make it do too many things.

RB

Rahul B.

Computer Games, 51-200 employees

One of the best Company Culture and Team Pulse management tools.

Without 15Five I'd have no idea what my whole company was thinking and no way to record their thoughts, ideas, feedback and act upon it. We could do this via email or google docs but that means a lot of operational work to maintain docs and data and no clean way of providing two feedback or conversations. 15Five takes away all the headache and through a wonderful product delivers a simple and effective way to stay in touch with your team's pulse and culture and really act on great thoughts, conversations, feedback. Everyone should be using it.

Pros

Easy to use. No serious training required. Lots of great features. Simple and effective.

Cons

Would love for it to build OKRs management as well along with performance reviews mechanisms.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

15Five - making personal reflection less annoying

I think it should be implemented in every organization.

Pros

My team uses the questions feature and we have a bank of questions we each respond to on a monthly cadence. It provides a more direct way to reflect on my progress rather than having to answer a general "how was the week"? It also allows for real self-reflection prior to a 1x1, by writing out my thoughts ahead of time our 1x1s are actionable.

Cons

I wish there was a better notification then email to tell me I missed a week. But I'm not sure one exists. I'm filling this part out because the review wouldn't save if I didn't.

HP

Holly P.

Veterinary, 11-50 employees

15Five & VetMed

I feel that using 15Five my voice is better heard with my employer.

Pros

I like 15Five because it allows the opportunity for me to voice my wins or my losses for the week. Rather than allowing for issues to pile up and create a larger problem, we can address our concerns without confrontation and with mediation.

Cons

Do I have to have a con? I like that my workplace offers this platform of communication. I can’t think of a situation when proper and efficient communication could be seen as bad?

HH

Hammad H.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

best tool to manage and keep tracking of progress and milestone achievements.

Performance control documentation. Keep track of the questions that come up all week to find a more meaningful question for my manager. Stay in touch with my peers in our hard work

Pros

I like that I have a duty to document my performance and areas for improvement.I have clearly documented all the communications I can return to. It also comes with Slack, so if I have to, I can get reminders

Cons

I hope it automatically syncs with my Google calendar, so if I'm not on a Friday, I know it'll skip check-in weeks. Now I have added the holiday by hand.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Great tool for Gut Checks on your employees

Fantastic experience and an invaluable tool. I believe every organization should employee this technology.

Pros

I used this tool as a method to report to my manager on a weekly basis so they knew how I was feeling and what I was proud of or struggling with. It allowed me to properly set up and prepare my manager for what we should discuss on our weekly 1 on 1's as well as set up long term personal and professional goals.

Cons

There are not many cons with this software in all honesty. It works ver well and integrates seamlessly with Slack so you can congratulate others on a job well done

Thank you for sharing your experience using 15Five! I'm happy to hear our product empowered you as an employee to have candid, productive conversations with your manager and make progress in your role. If there's anything you would like to elaborate on, I would love to learn more about how you and your organization are currently using 15Five. Best, Mike Siemasz Sr. Customer Marketing Manager

AA

Austin A.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

For quick-n-easy 360 degree company feedback, this allows you to keep your finger on the pulse.

Everyone communicates differently; some more verbally, while others have a tendency to write more than they speak. When using this in combination with your regular team touch points, you can preload important questions for the week, gauge morale and frustrations, plus get a sense of where employees find the most reward. The responsiveness of the 15five team in dealing with issues, feedback, or simply a question, is quite high, and always friendly. The web interface is quite fast, smooth and simple to use.

Arwa N.

Financial Services, 501-1,000 employees

Easy to manage projects using this software

Overall, it has been a good experience. Its easy to use and requires little onboarding.

Pros

Really easy to use and keeps everyone on track. Helps with time management and managing people. Great tools within the system to recognize people. Doesn't require a whole lot of training.

Cons

This software doesn't have many recognition features. There are few tools for employee recognition but not many. Also the price is a bit high for a system. I wouldn't recommend for smaller businesses.

Hi Arwa, Thanks for sharing your feedback. I'm glad you find 15Five so easy to use! Please note that we do offer High Fives in 15Five, a feature that allows you to recognize others in your organization for something awesome they've done. We find this is often one of our customers' favorite features, as it builds morale and even increases visibility into all of the positive change occurring in an organization! Happy to chat more about this with you if you'd like to learn more. Best, Mike Siemasz Sr. Customer Marketing Manager

DC

Debora C.

Package/Freight Delivery, 1,001-5,000 employees

Emplify Review

We are able to pinpoint problems or successes to certain plants or departments and even to certain shifts within plants. Management team members are feeling more of a personal responsibility for their plants or departments.

Pros

The ability to achieve specific feedback for groups within the survey responses.

Cons

Because things are always changing on the website, sometimes I get a little lost when looking for survey results.

Stacy N.

Human Resources, 11-50 employees

Valuable Development Tool

Great - has kept our team on track and "open book"

Pros

the ability to keep us on track and provide consistent check in and feed back

Cons

there are some things (like objectives and reviews) that were a little finicky in using

Hi Stacy, Thanks for sharing your feedback! If there's anything in particular we can help with regarding Objectives and Reviews, please let me know. Best, Mike Siemasz Sr. Customer Marketing Manager

Jess C.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

15Five is a great way to keep a pulse of our team

We are a completely remote organization and so we do not have the regular stop and chat with team members in the way that organizations who are not remote. 15Five has been a good way for us to "smoke out" issues with the team and be able to nip them in the bud.

Pros

It is easy to use, sends reminders and allows me to quickly and easily get an idea of how our team is feeling and doing overall. I love the 1:1 feature and use that regularly for my 1:1s with my team members.

Cons

I feel like the questions do become redundant at times. Some of the questions do not prompt as much feedback from team members than others (sometimes they only give a simple yes/no). Could be a user issue with how we have it set up, but having some more recommendations on good questions would be good.

Yashasvi B.

Internet, 1,001-5,000 employees

Best work tracker

Pros

It is the best tool to track my work and allows my managers to see the work I am doing. This is great! No work gets unnoticed if we track it here.

Cons

I don't understand why we have the following two sections. They mean the same to me. 1) Anything else you accomplished or are proud of? 2) What accomplishments (big or little) would you like to highlight this week?

Warren T.

Telecommunications, self-employed

Keeping up with goals

I had never used a software like this in the past until now and I really wish I had. I love how well it allows me to keep up with my weekly goals while also keeping me focused on myself as well.

Pros

I like how it helps me keep up with my goals each week and allows me to have a wide variety of question and concerns I can fill out for my manager.

Cons

There have not been a lot of cons with this product. It is very well laid out and the level of ease to use it is great.

Hi, Warren. Thanks for taking time to share your feedback about 15Five! It's great to hear you're using the product to stay on track and be productive while also gaining better perspective of yourself. If you would like to elaborate on anything about your experience with 15Five, feel free to reach out to me. Best, Mike Siemasz Sr. Customer Marketing Manager

David B.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

Best of the rest in people engagement

15Five solves bad people engagement practices by instituting a cadence of pulse, checkins, priorities, goal setting, and recognitions.

Pros

The absolute best at understanding people engagement. I regularly use the pulse checks, weekly priorities, OKRs, and high fives for my team. We have less surprises and we understand our people better than we ever have.

Cons

The software does not have any focus on other HR requirements like Workday does. I feel that eventually companies like Workday are going to outright buy 15five or OC Tanner to add people engagement to their suite of tools

Apparel & Fashion, 1,001-5,000 employees

Excellent tool for recurring employee contact & engagement! We're using it with our employees weekly

Great tool for weekly contact points with my team, share appreciation & feedback, and take a moment out of each week to think about progress and goals.

Pros

Easy to use tool, live the clean and simple interface, appreciate that it looks rather lightweight and not overly complicated while still allowing customizable questions and having all neccessary functions. .

Cons

Really would appreciate having an Android App for faster and easier entries. It would also be ncie to have a Dashboard that allows to track specific recurring Metrics like for example Net Promoter Scores, 1-5 statements or similar.

KS

Ken S.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

An Account Manager's View on 15Five

It is a good tool and I think in a world of remotely work now, this is one way to collaborate with my colleagues and give praises. With COVID-19 going on, probably one of the online tools that will have more and more demand.

Pros

I love the fact that I can carry over a goal (achieved or not) from the previous week to the following week. This feature saves me a ton of time not having rewrite my goals. I also love that I can give Shout outs virtually to members of my team that I work with on a regular basis. Everyone loves recognition. I love receiving them and so I also give them from time to time because if my colleagues are like me, they want to be recognized for their good work as well.

Cons

I wish that it has the ability to prioritize goals through color. That way I can see that the more pressing priority or goal in Red, 2nd tier are in yellow, etc. This would help me focus better.

GB

Greg B.

Marketing and Advertising, 5,001-10,000 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

15Five in Montgomery

I have been fortunate in getting great, helpful advice from my managers without the dreaded "blow back" one might anticipate in such a setting. It is a chance, every other week, to stay in touch with everyone and share a snapshot view of one's market at that time.

Pros

This software allows me to "be myself" when explaining the ups and downs of my position here in this market. It allows me to voice my concerns in a more candid, private setting.

Cons

Having to stretch for that second and third reason I'm not on top of the world, waiting to explode. For me, it's either good or bad. I try not to hype the good, because it usually short lived. And, I'm hesitant about discussing bad or stressful things going on, due to the tendencies of misinterpretation. I would rather internalize than "whine".....

AS

Abhi S.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Offers an alternative to word/ppt status reports - but, lacking key features

Pros

Ease of use, clean current-gen interface, excellent customer support!

Cons

Some bugs with editing tasks, overly simplistic features, more customization would be great. Linking 15Fives to 1 on 1's would be better instead of having to recreate the work. Enough key features are missing that we end up having to product a word/ppt doc alongside our 15Fives.

KB

Kristy B.

great PRODUCT; PART OF OUR MANAGER WEEKLY CHECK IN PROCESS.

Pros

I like the concise questions and stopping me to think about them for a second; I also like keeping track of what I want to accomplish and coming back to it the following week to see how I did. I appreciate the support team; the few times I have reached out with a question they were super nice and helpful and responsive.

Cons

email reminders about it being due so often; Its established as part of our routine as managers...so I don't need to know "its due tomorrow'... then "its due today" then "you haven't submitted it yet" etc.

JA

Jesse A.

Internet, 11-50 employees

Keeps accountability of weekly planning, providing weekly honest feedback to your manager.

- Helpful for team communication - Great for cadence of providing feedback and starting important conversations with manager - Keeps a documented accountability of work and plans for upcoming weeks

Pros

- Cadence of feedback (weekly) - Ability to make "private" comments to manager to document straight-forward and honest concerns or other sensitive comments you don't want to make publicly. - Track record of how things are going

Cons

- Across teams, it's not that valuable I don't find (ex. a sales person checks out what engineer puts in 15Five, I find that a bit of a waste of time.

Melissa P.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Exactly what our remote team needed

Pros

I am in love with this software. As a remote team, our weekly check-ins need to be as efficient as possible We've had a hard time covering everything we want to discuss. We've also hit the point where we need to have deeper conversations but we just don't have the ability to ask the hard questions and dig deep enough to get the answers we need. This software is allowing us to communicate constantly outside of our check-ins, start meaningful conversations, and get feedback we likely never would have received in our face-to-face meetings. We've only been using it for 3 weeks and it's already triggered major change in our organization.

Cons

I wish the interface was just a little more intuitive. I had a hard time in the beginning remembering where to go to make changes to people, questions, and other features.