7Geese Reviews

7Geese

Leading OKRs goal-setting & performance management platform

4.44/5 (85 reviews)

Pros
  • Adding and reporting on objectives was pretty good. The company wide status updates were wonderful to see and I enjoyed peer recognition.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • It also reminds the team to check in weekly and update their progress. I also really enjoy the ability to recognize team members for their accomplishments and add badges that reflect company culture.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • However, one of my favorite things about the software is praising fellow employees for representing our company's specific values. This is a great morale boost and channel for recognition.Sabrina S.Read the full review
Cons
  • I dislike the layout and appearance of this software.Nick G.Read the full review
  • It was not very user friendly at the beginning of using the 1 on 1 feature, I made a mistake the first time that could have turned into a real problem with a privacy setting.Ana R.Read the full review
  • It does a really bad job with OKR + 1:1 capabilities.Yanek K.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Andrew Thomas

Link Business Strategy with Individual Objectives, Measurement and Performance Reviews

Reviewed 2020-04-27

We wanted a system to easily allow us to execute our Business Strategy through the OKR mechanism and link these to our individual Performance Planning and Review for staff. 7Geese fits that bill.

Pros
7Geese makes implementing Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) in your business fast and efficient. It compliments this with integration to Performance Reviews and other feedback mechanisms to create a holistically mechanism to integrate Business Objective setting with staff alignment and engagement. It's simple to use and the interface is fast.

Cons
OKRs are a great way to set goals and align staff. Initiatives, which are the strategic steps to get to the Objective, need to be understood and tracked. 7Geese does not have a mechanism for this yet. If it did, it would be almost perfect. It would also be great if the software had better 'at a point' reporting on OKRs, so that more traditional static monthly status reports could be generated.

Konrad Kopczynski

Extremely robust goal and culture tool

Reviewed 2020-04-21

Pros
It's extremely robust in setting up objectives, connecting those to 1on1s with employees and then giving tools to keep track of them. They've also recently rolled out great tracking tools for career and succession planning.

Cons
The software can be a bit clunky to figure out and isn't the prettiest solution out there. We found those tradeoffs are more than worth it for a more robust solution.

Capra J'neva

Looks better than it is

Reviewed 2020-04-30

This is an immature solution to a problem that could be solved well, if only the knobs were in a different place.

Pros
The best thing about 7 Geese is having all the OKRs for your organization in one place. However, since it is almost impossible to navigate without creating an elaborate coding system for the many many KRs that end up being created, you don't get to experience any of the benefits of having it all in one place.

Cons
What would be the benefits of having all the OKRs in one place? Well, theoretically, you could track overall achievement against goals, for instance, if there were a master dashboard for looking at the state of all projects, or any kind of default view that made sense instead of the gigantic and ridiculous goose. It's as if the 7Geese team went out of their way to make everything difficult to navigate. The latency is terrible, so every time you change view it takes a long time to load; it defaults to personal OKRs, even if you have none, you have to constantly type in teams you use the most, as you can only belong to one team, it's needlessly difficult to view all the check-ins you've done on a KR; they're all lumped together and paginated. There's just so much to it that makes no sense and actually impedes understanding what is going on. Lots of our teams have gone back to using spreadsheets. I miss my excel dashboard, which let me easily get a feel for which KRs needed attention at a single glance.

Likelihood to recommend: 2/10

Anne Kubek

Great tool for managing OKRs, 1/1's, team feedback

Reviewed 2020-04-21

Overall - great - use it daily and track a lot of my people related things in 7Geese.

Pros
7Geese is a great solution for many things - particularly managing OKR's which is what was our driving motivation in moving from another provider to 7Geese. There are a few items which would make reporting easier, but for the most part, the OKR process is really easy and very dynamic and functional. I also manage my 1/1 agendas through 7Geese and this is generally a pretty straightforward way of having both manager and staff person easily keep track of items to be discussed and notes during the meeting. You can use a variety of pre-populated templates for feedback, or create your own. I use this function for a weekly update from my team. The main thing I wish for here is that it be able to be scheduled to go out with reminders when people haven't completed, but otherwise, this is also a great tool to get feedback and be able to respond within the platform. Reviews are a bit clunky, but this process has improved a lot in the last year. Since we like to do 360's, it can be hard as this functionality doesn't exist and you have to use a combination of review forms and/or feedback forms to complete. Support team responsiveness is great. Training videos are helpful. Overall, really love using 7Geese.

Cons
As noted above - reviews are clunky without an easy way to do 360's.

Alexandra Desmond

Improves transparency, consistency and, ultimately, culture!

Reviewed 2020-04-21

The ideal experience. They are responsive, receptive and engaging. They are always looking for ways to improve and engaging with me on new features to provide them feedback. Super happy their tool was the one we picked for our organization.

Pros
- Keeps our leaders on track to have consistent conversations that are well documented - Asks for both parties to provide notes which is helpful to ensure we have a full capture of how a meeting went and what was discussed - Reviews process is great for Annual Reviews - makes it so much easier - Feedback function we use ALL THE TIME for surveys and anonymous feedback

Cons
There are some opportunities for improvement in a few functions, but 7Geese has been super responsive on my feedback and is actively working to continually improve their software

Anonymous

Great Tool for OKRs and Coaching

Reviewed 2020-04-22

The overall experience has been positive. I would like to see our organization take better advantage of the roles and personal growth options to ensure there is clear career progression options for employees. The recognition piece is a great way to reinforce our core values and we put it up on screen in the employee break room for people to know those who've been recognized.

Pros
I like how easily we can create corporate OKRs and have employees create and align their OKRs to them. This helps ensure that everyone in the company knows what our focus is and whether their focus is in line with it. In addition, with the 1-on-1 feature, it is easy to check on progress of an employee's OKRs while meeting with them and give concrete feedback as well as easily check on previous discussion notes.

Cons
The reviews section can be a bit clunky. It is hard to navigate through the reviews sent (especially if you didn't understand the naming structure) and you cannot archive past reviews so we end up with a large list of review groups to sift through.

Manon Rimbaud

Very good software, but there is more to learn

Very good

Pros
The ease it is providing, as well as the support from their team to implement it on our organization

Cons
Still learning some features, I think I need more time to play with the software

Sascha Kasper

Almost 6 months in and going strong

Reviewed 2020-04-22

- Excellent deployment support - Fast and reliable help afterward - Flexible and open-minded in solving 'special' issues/requests

Pros
- OKR management & tracking - Ad hoc feedback option - Structured reviews (especially the templates) - Career path transparency - Recognition

Cons
- Not (yet) very customizable in terms of look & feel (e.g. branding according to our CI). It's on the roadmap, though. - Sometimes it takes more clicks than it should. Again, this is being addressed continuously. e.g. when creating new objectives, which was streamlined recently.

Stephen Nolan

7 Geese Feedback

Reviewed 2020-04-27

7Geese doesn't quite fit the style of OKR's we set as a company, but its functional enough that we make it work. When we tested other software like lattice, 7Geese was by far the best software for our needs.

Pros
The ability to track performance and see other's performance. The additional functions outside of the OKR tracking, such as 1:1 reviews, values, feedback etc.

Cons
The ability to set weighed KRs is a little tricky.

Rebecca Nattress

Great Team & Culture-Building Software

Reviewed 2020-04-21

It is a pillar in our culture to give/receive feedback and recognition and 7Geese allows us to do that and much more!

Pros
I love that we are able to recognize our team for things that we care about. Very customizable to our culture!

Cons
Setting up objectives is a bit cumbersome, depending on who needs to be accountable for said objectives

Natania Mathany

Always feels like they are an extension of our team!

Reviewed 2020-04-22

The customer service and performance coaches have all been excellent and very supportive and available. We are local and in the same city as 7Geese HQ so they have come onsite for training. I always feel I can count on them for guidance with an overall feature implementation strategy or simply just offering small advice to enhance our program. They are very responsive and open to our feedback.

Pros
We are utilizing the OKRs and 1:1 features the most. Its been a great way to support our transparent culture through direct goal alignment and open communication. The tool integrates with slack and our team likes that functionality for easy OKR check-ins and recognitions. The global templates for 1:1's and Feedback are very helpful, especially for emerging people leaders. The tool has taught us a lot about how to level up our approach to ongoing performance and support our coaching culture.

Cons
One feature update we would love to see is in the 1:1s. A smarter way to modify a template because they can’t change without having to cancel all upcoming 1:1’s and reschedule, which causes a flurry of email activity, etc. To be able to dynamically add or remove questions from a template on an upcoming date. Almost every week I’m rotating out questions, so the current template system gets in the way. I’ve settled on doing it manually.

Alisha Bartl

Excellent for strategic alignment in a global context

Reviewed 2020-04-22

The team at 7Geese go above and beyond. If I have any ideas around initiatives I want to implement within our business from a People perspective, they are more than willing to share their ideas and expertise. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are great partners that work collaboratively to support our business.

Pros
7Geese is excellent for ensuring strategic alignment of our global objectives across QS. We have a large, global team and so it's important that we're all heading in the same direction as a business. The recognition feature is also excellent for giving kudos to a team member anywhere in the world. Particularly while we are all workng remotely, being able to say thanks is fantastic. The onboarding experience with 7Geese was fantastic - their team are absolute professionals and clearly passionate about what they do. They had plenty of simple training resources, and the team to support us in making sure our implementation was a success. After using the product for over a year, we were able to roll the technology out to our global organisation due to the success of our Business Unit in using the platform.

Cons
The product keeps getting better and better, and the 7Geese team take on board new ideas in their development roadmap. One thing I would like to see is the ability to have multiple managers for one person (as we work in a matrix structured organisation). Other than that, I think the platform is fantastic.

Jaybe Allanson

Amazing all around team engagement platform

Reviewed 2020-05-04

Over the past 5 years, our company has used a number of team engagement / OKR management tools and 7geese was by far the best. It has a rich set of features, the UI is well designed, and it made an impact on our employee experience.

Pros
All the major feature of 7geese are valuable in organizing and managing company-wide engagement but by far the best feature was the recognition integration with Slack. We struggled to publicly recognize individual employees for there efforts on a regular basis. 7geese allowed for everyone to easily recognize individuals but it also forced that recognition to align with company values. The result was that we drastically increased recognition of individuals who may not normally get recognized resulting in increased engagement.

Cons
Building out OKRs across the entire organization and teams were challenging at times. The ability to nest OKRs and align them up and down the organization lead us to create too many OKRs. It was then challenged to use 7geese to dig through all these OKRs to understand how the company was progressing. 7geese is very powerful but I would encourage companies starting to use it to start out simple and build up vs implementing company-wide, department wide, and team level OKRs

Amy Cockerill-Wright

AU - UNiDAYS

Reviewed 2020-04-30

Fantastic. Our account manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is amazing. Very responsive and no question or request is too silly or too hard. Thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!

Pros
I love this product. I love that it makes performance management super transparent and is an easy to use from an admin but also user point of view. I like that the objectives align into each other (personal, departmental and then overall business objectives), this allows purpose to be shown for each objective. I would be keen to use the OKRs model eventually but our business is not currently in that place right now.

Cons
Honestly, I cannot think of anything that is frustrating with the system. Unlike other HR platforms we use, I can honestly say 7Geese has been super easy to use and maintain as an admin. Perhaps in the longer term this could be build out further to support onboarding , training and other key stages within an employee life cycle. Like a one-stop-shop.

Dave Thielen

It is exactly what we wanted

Reviewed 2019-01-25

Nice people and terrific to work with. Truly 6 out of 5 stars.

Pros
When we went looking for a system to track our OKRs internally, we defined what we wanted, then went and looked. 7 Geese matched our requirements so closely that at first we dove in checking against it because nothing matches what you want that close. But it did match. And in use we've found that it's works smoothly and gives us what we want, without adding much more to it. It's one of the very few products I give a 10 to. And one of only three products that I have told them I'm willing to be a reference for them.

Cons
It doesn't handle well have OKRs for both the year (company OKRs) and quarterly (department & individual). You have to move back and forth for that case. There's also a couple more complex settings I wish they could do for Key Results, but it's probably for the best they don't - because if they do my 2 weird ones, they'll do 20 other weird ones, and then it's a mess.

Marta Kondryn

One of the best platform investments we've ever done

Reviewed 2020-05-05

Overall it's been an amazing journey for us - started with a great set-up, OKRs trainings, visits and consultation from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. 7geese truly made a big difference in how we run Mindvalley.

Pros
I like that it caters so many needs to better run performance of our company - OKRs, recognition, 1:1s and feedback. I like how lean and simple it is to use, and how much support I receive from our account manager. I've been recommending 7geese to many of my HR colleagues, as well as we've mentioned it in our [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] book about managing culture :)

Cons
Better sync with BambooHR, e.g. departments don't sync properly with BambooHR. Better education and case studies about using company review cycles feature - we haven't utilised it properly yet.

John Branning

Awesome tool to track objectives

Reviewed 2019-01-25

I have used this tool for almost 2 years, and I support the continued use of 7Geese. I find it relatively simple, straight-forward and easy to use.

Pros
The 7Geese tool is very easy to use. With just a brief overview, it becomes a very easy and effective way to create and track objectives, and ensure organizational alignment on individual objectives. There is a lot of flexibility within the tool to identify the metrics associated with each objective, and then track performance to meeting the objective. It is an excellent tool to assist in periodic (such as quarterly or annual) performance reviews, and provides a record easily accessible to the employee. And not to be missed, it is an excellent tool to recognize individuals and co-workers for for exceptional or outstanding efforts and teamwork.

Cons
It can take a little effort/coordination to define organizational or department objectives, so without complete buy-in and participation from senior management it can lose some of the tools effectiveness.

Marvin Sanchez

Good product with room to improve

Reviewed 2020-05-04

Pros
Objective setting and tracking is my favourite feature. The base of 1:1s are okay but still not there yet.

Cons
Overall I think the tool works good at your personal view, but it doesn't do a great job of properly consolidating and highlighting what's going around you. Maybe that's intentional, but for my personal use case, I'd love or more customization of what I see on my "dashboard" or even screens like objectives. For example, when team members in my department want to view our department objectives, even when they aren't directly attached, they would have to go deep into the product to view this, there's not way to keep it top of mind for them other than maybe subscribing to annoying emails. Correct me if I'm wrong and this actually exists!

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Gerhard Gross

Great platform and wonderful customer support

Reviewed 2020-05-06

Introduction of OKRs to the company.

Pros
Mostly, the webinars, videos and the wonderful customer support.

Cons
Nothing worthwhile mentioning. Perhaps the option to use it on a EUR server, but this is a company related request.

Austin Miller, MBA

7-Geese, An Excellent Product

Reviewed 2019-01-25

The product is awesome, easy to use, and keeps me organized. It has to be the best product I have ever used to manage goals and OKRs.

Pros
This software is great in that it's easy to use, intuitive, and really allows you to keep tabs on your organization and what your employees are aiming toward each quarter.

Cons
The software isn't very configurable in terms of 1-on-1s. I have to schedule 1-on-1s anytime I want to document those conversations with my team. I wish it allowed you to enter these ad hoc.

Alan Packheiser

Good tool for tracking objectives.

Reviewed 2020-04-21

Pros
The alerting system is simple but necessary. An email once a week helps me stay focused on my objectives.

Cons
There needs to be more options for tracking your objective progress. You can track with %, #, $ or complete/incomplete. Not bad but more options or the ability to make a custom tracking metric would be great.

Caitlin Conley

Infrequent use

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-05-14

Pros
When used, it is a great tool for team members and myself to think intentionally about what we want to accomplish each quarter. As a sales team, it's easy to get tunnel vision on the numbers, and 7Geese helps encourage us to think about our goals outside of just revenue and retention.

Cons
On the flipside of the pros, it has been difficult to fully integrate in Customer Success. While ideally we would want to consistently use it every quarter, we push it at the beginning of the year, and then don't keep with it throughout the year. We haven't found the right way to use it on the sales side of PitchBook.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Michaelia Tyler

Fun tool to use internally but complicated to use at times

Reviewed 2017-12-11

The greatest benefit I get from 7geese is seeing what others in the organization are doing and being able to recognize the great work my team is doing. It adds a sense of purpose as I can visually see what all is going on across the company.

Pros
I love being able to see what my colleagues and other teams within our company are working on and their progress towards their goals. Being able to recognize my teammates so that their hard work is visible to others is also great. The UI is visually appealing.

Cons
Though the UI is visually appealing, it also doesn't seem well thought out. Sometimes I feel like there are 100 ways to do the one thing I want to do which seems like it isn't a big deal but for me, I just like having one or maybe two ways to navigate and do what I need to get done.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Anonymous

Smile For a While

Reviewed 2019-01-25

I love 7 Geese. Great opportunity to link socially with my co workers and keeps the CEO in the loop with everyone.

Pros
The best thing i like about 7Geese is the way it keeps you engaged, he reminders to come check in, the ease of being able to see what others are up to at your job and lastly being able to update, advise and capture your portfolio by your own initiatives.

Cons
What i liked least is not having a multiple choice option. Sometimes having the time to come up with your plans are an obstacle so it would be nice to have options that could be similar to others as a choice to use.

Anna Fridley

Public Recognition is awesome

Reviewed 2020-04-27

Pros
I love that the Recognition Center aligns to my company's ethics categories and that everyone can easily see when our coworkers, teammates and people in other groups are going above and beyond. I think that the recognition center cultivates a culture of gratitude which is a huge part of keeping our teams cohesive.

Cons
I find the objective alignment to be kinda difficult to work and some of my colleagues are way less adept at using it and it causes friction in the beginning of reporting periods. That said, once things are set up, I like that the alignment flows up to my manager so as I check in to child objectives, my manager is notified and can see our teams' check-ins into the progress on department goals.