7shifts Reviews

7shifts

Simplifying labor management, one shift at a time.

7shifts

Connecting our community

Pros

The software is untuitive and easy to use, thus easy to train new staff and managers. It helps all facets of our business remain on the same page and has become a "must read" every morning for all managers. Sharing weekend special information and procedural changes has never been easier and I couldn't imagine trying to run our two restarants without it! Thanks for all the support 7Shifts!

Cons

It's more so having to train our staff that it is still their responsibility to have their shift covered - just putting it up for grabs and hoping someone will pick it up is not enough! ;) I realize this isn't a software problem... it's more of a soft-staff problem.

Thanks for the review Jay! It makes our day to hear that 7shifts is a 'must read' for all of your managers. We look forward to serving you and your business for many years to come.

Axels Bonfire

This has been a great tool for all of our locations.

Pros

Very user friendly Messaging tool Manager log book/layout Ability to manage labor by projections/wages etc

Cons

The times updates are made. They are made during normal business hours when we are most active.

Thanks for the review Shari! Point taken about the updates I'm sent your feedback to our product team so they can be more conscious about the times in which we make updates to the app. Cheers!

Great online scheduling tool

Staff can put in their availability and time off requests on line at their convenience. The system alerts me and warns me of any conflicts, overtime and whether or not the employee is trained to fill a particular position on the schedule. It does all the thinking for you!

Pros

Our schedules are automatically sent to all staff, and they are alerted of any changes, shifts to pick up, etc.

Cons

Administrative functions take some time to learn how to use, and initial setup requires good planning and forethought, but once that is done it's smooth sailing.

Thanks for the review Stevan. We appreciate your feedback and support. We really love hearing how 7shifts takes care of a lot of admin tasks for you once you've completed the initial setup. Cheers!

All in one scheduler and communication tool

Pros

This is the easiest tool to train new employees to use. Management loves the scheduling templates and communication tools. It is our sole communication tool for employees.

Cons

The feature that predicts sales doesn't always seem to work and bring in appropriate numbers. This could possibly be a user error, however, we have done a few steps to investigate the issue without success.

Thanks for the kind words Tiffany. We really enjoy working with your team at Publick House and we're thrilled to hear that both managers and employees say it's easy to adopt. Thanks for mentioning sales forecasting as well. I'll have a member of our team dive into it for you and reach out with a solution. Cheers!

Great Software

Ease of use for our staff and great platform.

Pros

Very guest friendly and admin friendly, a hard thing to come by in regards to being very functional on both ends. We are very happy with the service and support and are using 7shifts at both our current restaurant locations!

Cons

We wish that approvals would be denoted by who approved what and when. Using it w/ other managers etc it becomes hard to pin point changes.

Thanks for the review Jeff! We really appreciate hearing that 7shifts is easy for you and your team to use. Also, thanks for the feedback on approvals and who has approved what. I have forward this information along to our product team for evaluation. Cheers!

An overall, pleasant experience.

It definitely does a nice job of allowing everyone to communicate on a single platform. Very user friendly and the features are great. It has grown so much over the years.

Pros

I like how easy it is to actually schedule my staff. After they have put their availability in, it is so easy to know who can work and when.

Cons

I really don't care much for the overtime risk. It is not intuitive enough to know that people aren't being overscheduled. I like the idea, however, I get notifications that someone may hit overtime after only working for one hour that week. It would be nice if it was alerting you closer (10 hours out or so) to the actual overtime.

Thanks so much for the review Brian! Appreciate your thoughts on the overtime notifications as well. I've passed that along to our product teams. Thanks again for being a long-time 7shifts user.

We love 7shifts!

Great! Awesome customer service and ease of use.

Pros

I love using 7 shifts to organize our shows, and multiple areas of staffing. I also enjoy the messaging feature!

Cons

There is nothing I do not like about the features I use!

Thanks for the review Mallory! We agree, making employees pay for an app isn't a cost-effective move, and we're happy to provide our apps for free to ALL users.

General use of 7shifts - Pros and Cons

It's been great. No real issues.

Pros

It's very easy to navigate. Simple, straight forward.

Cons

The only thing I would to see is ease in copying and pasting events on multiple days, opposed to having to write a repeated event, each day of the week.

Thanks for the review Amber! We love working with the entire team at Donnelly Group across all of your various locations. Keep an eye out for awesome improvements to our events coming very soon. I'm also happy to report you CAN create events for multiple days. Check out this article to see how: https://support.7shifts.com/article/48-creating-events

Best app ever

Great!

Pros

This is so usefull while you have to make schedules, reports and have a logbook about your workplace. It is also so intuitive and by the price, it is a great option.

Cons

I think it is kind of heavy at the time you have to download it.

Thanks SO much for the review Donaldo! We love seeing folks who see value in advanced labor management coupled with your POS.

Great app

Over all we like the features as we sync data with Toast POS. Can't justify the cost difference for the next tier up. But we love what currently use the product for.

Pros

We love the scheduling feature of the app. We also like that we can send texts directly to staff from the app. Allows for accountability. Staff can give up and pick up shifts with appropriate approvals.

Cons

The payroll reporting could be improved. Found that when we tested, it didn't match our POS numbers. Also, the app on the phone needs to be improved for work flow. Sometimes you have to do an extensive search to get the proper functionality from the phone.

Thanks for the review Mark!

MB's

Great

Pros

Quick and ease of use, app user friendly

Cons

Not being able to Export employee database,

Thanks for the review Nicole! We are gratified to know that 7shifts is the best fit for your restaurant. We work hard to provide restaurateurs like yourself the BEST solution possible. So thank you for switching to us.

All the essentials, easy-to-use app

7Shifts has made our lives a lot easier. It has all the features we need and the mobile app is great for staff to use. A few nice things about it: 1) It automatically calculates labor cost (and % sales if you input sales) 2) You can send announcements to staff (directly to a person, position, location, etc.) and, like schedules, it goes to their email and phone via SMS 3) There's add-ons like a...

Pros

Good mobile app, staff like it

Cons

Website can be a little slow and a bit hard to use for certain things.

Great product. Does what we need

Pros

User friendly, easy for employees to learn with minimal training. Works how it needs to work

Cons

I don’t need all the extra bells and whistles as my restaurant POS provides That. Nice that this integrates.

Thanks for the review Kyler! We love hearing that 7shifts provides exactly what you need and isn't "crappy" ;)

7Shifts - Simplifying our Scheduling and Payroll Process

7Shifts has improved how we run our business. Most often a great product helps in solving one problem. This is one of those rare times when several problems are solved at the same time. Improving communication between our team where everyone can easily be in the know. Establishing consistency across our stores and saving time while doing that. Simplifying the payroll process and reducing labour cost. It is feature rich and easy to use. The numbers speak for themselves, and the cost of 7Shifts is easily paid from the savings in reduced labour cost. It's the savings in time that I love, not just for me, but how it is simplifying the lives of both management and staff.

Pros

1) Feature rich - scheduling, punchclock, management log, communication. and useful reporting. 2) Easy to use and very intuitive.

Cons

none

Best $ We've Spent!

It has been a bit challenging to convert management over to using a new system but those that have fully committed to the change are saving 10+ hours a week scheduling.

Pros

So cost effective for what you receive. Also easy for our staff to use it in whatever way is best for them.

Cons

Designed for restaurants specifically which we don't use it for but it crosses over to everything else fairly easily. However I think 7-shits is limiting itself by marketing to only restaurants.

Thanks for the review Jenifer! We appreciate your feedback and hearing how much time 7shifts is saving you and your team. Happy to hear that 7shifts is a worthwhile investment $$

How to make your life easier

I can schedule weeks in advance now and not worry about conflicting with my employees school schedules, and when they go out on breaks from school I just enter it into 7 shifts and it lets me schedule them for more hours during holidays. It’s awesome.

Pros

I love that this is available. When I opened my coffee shop I was struggling with everyone’s available hours to work and the hours I needed someone to work. We are in a college town so all of my hires were college students or seniors in high school all with limited but different times they were available. 7 Shifts allowed me to input their available times and create a schedule that worked both for me and for them. I highly recommend 7 Shifts if you are struggling with your scheduling.

Cons

Nothing, it’s great, easy to use no training needed.

Thanks for the amazing review Annette. Hearing how our customers like you use 7shifts to overcome their scheduling difficulties makes it all worth while. Cheers!

Glad we switched

So far our service has been great. We have rarely had to call for support needs or help.

Pros

7shifts not only was easy for our management staff to adjust to after being with Hotschedules for years but they also do not charge our employees for the app. Its a win win, staff and management approved.

Cons

I wish there was a way to move from day to day on the app by ways of a calendar instead of scrolling through the dates. Schedules can look a bit squirrely via the app. I'm not sure if this may be an Android thing or just happens on occasion. It generally happens when there are unpublished shifts.

Thanks for the review Dana! Our mission is to improve happiness and efficiency in the workplace, so we're proud to hear that 7shifts is a solution that both your management and your staff enjoy.

Great software for the food industry

Pros

Easy to use for administrators and general staff. Communication features, as well as scheduling and hours, worked. Much better and friendlier than any other software I've used in the food industry.

Cons

It's has a lag when synchronizing the mobile app.

Thanks for the review Dania! We love supporting fellow Canadian restaurateurs like yourself, especially when we hear that making a switch to 7shifts was beneficial to your business. We love forward to supporting your team for years to come.

Seven Shifts

Pros

The way you can send a text to a coworker from the app

Cons

No way to highlight important shifts or dates

Thanks for the review Neddra. Communication is an important part of any restaurants' operations, so we're thrilled to hear that you are making great use of all the communications tools in 7shifts. I've passed on your highlighting suggestion to our team to look into!

Scheduling is a Breeze

Before we signed up for 7shifts, the schedule was so much work. Employees would have to submit time off requests on pieces of paper that would get lost or misplaced. There was no way to keep everything in line and I felt like we spent so much time on the schedule. Now it takes a few minutes a week to do it. Also the employees love it and there's no confusion over when they work.

Pros

Ease of viewing employees availability. We love how we can see our gross payroll. It makes communicating with our employees so much easier.

Cons

I wish that, as the admin, I could work on the schedule via the app.

Wow, thanks for the great review Sara! We're thrilled to hear that 7shifts is working so well for your team at Grasso's Pizza and that you've managed to significantly cut down your scheduling time. Let us know if there is every anything our team can help you with.

I couldn't run my business without it

Pros

It makes staffing super easy. I can keep track of indivual availability, track and approve time off and set skill levels, all while predicting sales and keeping track of my labor budget.

Cons

The manager app can be a bit clunky though the employee interface seems fine. I generally write schedules from my desktop but check my current labor v sales in real time on my app

Thanks for the review Mercina! It makes our day to hear that 7shifts is indispensable for your business. Also, thanks for the feedback regarding the mobile app for managers. I've passed that feedback along to our development team :)

Great Job

We switched from WhenIwork to 7shift because we had to switch our POS systems from Square to Toast. It was a little difficult for us to get used to it since wheniwork app was a little more intuitive and required less employee training to learn how to use the app. But, now that we are used to it, we really enjoy it.

Pros

I like the app feature and the texting feature of this software

Cons

As an administrator, I can only view by day on not by week on the app.

Thanks for the review Claudia! It's always a lot of work to make your team switch apps. I've passed along your feedback to our mobile team to see what we can do to improve that first-time experience. Happy to hear that our POS integration has been valuable for your business :)

Best Restaurant Software on Market at great Value

They're super fast to answer any issue and the owner sometimes sends the email, being an owner myself, I respect that

Pros

Ease of use is insane and I don't​ get dinged for having more stores or more employees, straight simple fee like all products should be.

Cons

7shifts is young and hungry, they're laser-focused on schedule, I ​would like to see more user profile features in the future like expirations for certifications.

Thanks for the review Mike! It's true, we ARE laser-focused on scheduling, but we are going to be adding so much more functionality for our amazing user like yourself in the months to come. Stay tuned!

Great Scheduling App

Simple and smooth

Pros

Ease of scheduling, and integrations wth Touch Bistro for sales.

Cons

Limitations in calculating hours for pay periods. Certain hours had to be done manually.

Thanks for the kind words Saida! We love hearing that our integration with your TouchBistro POS is making your scheduling simple and efficient.

Not Just For Restaurants!

Absolute time saver! I used to do scheduling on Excel, with sheets spread out in front of me, taking 3-4 hours on average for a week. With 7shifts, I can crank a week out in 10-20 minutes!

Pros

I love that I can divide staff into areas of our shop related to their knowledge and abilities. I also like the ability to block off dates for time-off requests and set a 2-week advance minimum to request time-off. Also, employees can offer-up their shifts and employees can grab their shift with my approval.

Cons

Software won't run on Win-XP (yes, we still have a couple in our network)

Thanks for the review Dave! While we do primarily work for restaurants, I'm super happy to hear the 7shifts is working for your business and is streamlining availability for your team. Cheers!