All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

absence.io Reviews

Pros

Price is right, I like the slack integration and my team finds it useful too, has a great support team that is always friendly and very responsive.

Roxy K.

Josh G.

Read the full review
Ease of monitoring and how seamless the application and approval process is.

Sabina M.

Read the full review

Cons

Fraudulent interactions when trying to cancel.

Greg E.

Read the full review
No more paper sheets, no more waiting, the whole situation regarding my colleagues only one click away.

Petre P.

Read the full review
The calendar views take a little time getting used to, but other than that, I have no negative things to say about this software.

Emily Anderson S.

4.6

Good software :)

Lots of data, easy to use

Pros

Cons

I'm still waiting for a google cal integration, I have encountered a few annoying bugs but team has always been proactive to fix and that's to be expected from a budding company. Worth the tradeoff

Time saving product

Since implementation countless hours have been saved manually tracking and approving absences, as well as informing employees about their remaining leave balances. Now each employee simply logs in and can see everything quickly and easily. At year end we can easily run reports to see what types of absences were used, who is over their allowances, etc.. Overall it's a very useful tool. And as an added bonus, the integration with Slack is fantastic and fairly seamless.

Pros

Multiple leave types that can pool from one total allotment Teams Half Day time off capability

Cons

Needs a start date connection to increased allowances

Terrible customer service, stay away

Pros

It worked well enough for what we needed as we used it for the past few years.

Cons

Customer service is non existent. None of my users can currently sign in as it says our account is temporarily suspended and to contact customer service. We did that and they don't even respond to emails yet gladly keep charging my credit card. Having to file a dispute now, all while employees keep emailing me that they want to book vacation but the tool isn't working, so I have NO idea how much time anyone has left now.

best tool ever

Normally, the department who want a new tool is happy, everyone else who should use that tools is annoyed. That complete different with Absence. Everyone I happy, since I rolled out Absence at 2 companies. No paper anymore, more transparency, everything with one click. Every software should look like Absence. Perfect UI/UX. I hope Absence will bring more tools (eg. employee management, on/offboarding)

Pros

Cons

cheaper

Loving the software

We had multiple options to try for a web based holiday management tool. It was the very tidy "Bootstrap-ish" modern layout which pushed absence.io in to the finals, and the pricing that was exactly in budget for our business which pushed it to the top. With software of this quality at this price it allows us to integrate without opposition from accounts. The setup was intuitive and it has features built in for even the most complex of situations (i.e. employee working day contract changes). Technical support is on fire with the speed that they respond so this is also a very positive thing for an already great experience so far.

Pros

The style of interface. The simple iPhone App. The ability to drive requests by "Accept/Decline" emails rather than needing to login. By far, the price which allowed us to progress without considering the competition any further.

Cons

It is currently lacking the ability to manage passive users. We have some members of staff who will not login, and do not have email addresses. These still need to be managed on the software so we needed to make temporary emails for them to add them. This however was not a showstopper for us.

Perfect integration with Slack

We implemented absence because of the integration with Slack, and it really is seamless. We have a small distributed team that rely on the daily notifications in the channel to plan work and communications.

Pros

Direct integration with Slack

Cons

I don't like having to switch language when visiting https://www.absence.io - it always defaults to https://www.absence.io/de/ - would prefer it to be a little more intelligent about my location :)

Almost perfect!

We implemented Absence.io into our startup operations and it has worked seamlessly. It's easy to set up and it's easy to use. If only there was another option for "Working from Home" or "Working Out of Office" so we can track where employees are - that would be ideal.

Pros

Ease of monitoring and how seamless the application and approval process is.

Cons

Sometimes it crashes which is unfortunate, and I'm not the biggest fan of the public holiday set up as we presently monitor staff in various countries (where holidays sometimes overlap, and sometimes they don't).

Chaos no longer exists! :)

No more paper sheets, no more waiting, the whole situation regarding my colleagues only one click away!

Pros

The whole app! :)

Cons

None yet.

Excellent Solution for Attendance Tracking

Absence.io provided a simple, clean interface that allowed us to graduate from messy excel spreadsheets and never look back. When we requested an update date formatting, Absence.io responded quickly and introduced the requested feature within a couple weeks. Our company loves using Absence and would recommend it to anyone.

Cons

absence.io made our business life much easier

Pros

Super easy to understand; perfect tool even as a company with ~200 employees and more; slack integration; no more need for an oldschool excel sheet; individual rights management; neat design; customizable settings; web + app usage; google calender integration

Cons

No digital personnel data management. Apparently they're working on additional features so maybe that'll improve.

Fraudulent interactions when trying to cancel

OK until we moved to a new platform and tried to cancel. Always some new thing I had to do including signing up differently (we were using SSO via GSuite accounts) in order to be ALLOWED to cancel. Totally unacceptable and, in my opinion, fraudulent behavior.

Pros

Adequate and cheap if you are European based. Does not accommodate US or multinational policy norms for many leave types or support accruals.

Cons

Interacting with the company. Rigidity in features

Better Than Keeping Track Yourself

It was a fine stop-gap software when we were growing as an agency. We eventually had to evolve into a PTO request system that integrated with our payroll system better, but no real complaints about Absence.io. It served us easily and well for about 2 years.

Pros

It was free for I think up to 10 users and it let us go from nothing to a new PTO request system very quickly as our agency grew.

Cons

It's a German software, so some of the calendars and date styles aren't what our team was familiar with, but it's a minor inconvenience for a free solution to what we needed.

Easy to use, time saving and must-have HR Tool

We are a startup and have approximately 20 employees. absence.io helps us a lot to plan our holidays, keep track of sickness-days, and much more! Our developers love the slack-integration and our accounting department loves the exports at the end of every year. I cannot believe how much time I spent on these things in excel before we implemented absence.io :-)

Best Absence solution

We were looking for a cloud-based tool to manage our team absences - absence.io provides just that and much more. We are also able to see who's currently on leave in any of our Teams (Austria, London and Los Angeles) and manage doctor's certificates with ease. Great tool, highly recommended.

Pros

Easy to use Fair pricing System Absolutely perfect customer support

Cons

Best tool for team absence management

We were looking for a tool that can help our team be more efficient when it comes to absence requests and time off in general. Their integration with Slack and ease of use made our transition smooth!

Pros

Powerful and easy to use.

Cons

I would like more power in the Slack Integration

Hi Marius, thanks for your review. Happy to have you guys on board :) Best regards Your absence.io team

Great and easy system

We are overall very happy with absence. Due to our size and set-up there are some features we could really benefit from having in the system that´s not there yet but I´m sure it will be incorporated as absence grow and learn from their customers.

Very handy

absence.io is a very handy service for all companies who want to easily track their employees' vacations and leaves. The customer support is really fast and reliable.

Pros

Easiness. Mobile app

Cons

Good tool for having visibility of day-offs and vacations across teams

Pros

The consolidated calendar view shows very easily how my team is planning to take their vacations and helps me decide quick the best dates to either take my own or also to anticipate times with lower resources to plan how to handle them.

Cons

The interface is not so easy to use and it can take a little bit of tweaks to get it up and running for your needs. Also, it lacks integrations with other HR tools that can complement the app.

Great experience so far

We are using Absence.io since a few weeks, it makes everyone's life easier and makes my organization as a manager more accurate. :)

Perfect Vacation Tracker for a Small Business

Vacation tracking, vacation calendar and formal request validation.

Pros

Absence.io finally gives our company a way to track vacation, have a company calendar that shows employees absences and formal request validations within different teams. I love how customizable it is!

Cons

A tool we couldn't live without

Our team uses absence.io to book vacations, notify when working from home, and track sick days. We love using the Slack integration, which posts a report each morning with a list of people who are out of the office. We're big fans of absence.io!

Cons

Great functionality for handing absence in the workplace

Earlier we were using spreadsheets for recording absence, which was very cumbersome. Absence.io makes it much easier.

Pros

I am able to see the complete absence overview of our entire marketing department, when using this software. Makes it easy to plan vacations.

Cons

I haven't experienced any real problems yet.

Nice and Simple with easy to use interface

Works well and has some nice simple click, and drag/drop abilities. The website for mobile works well and very app-like. Great for our small team to track people away from the office regularly.

Cons

Great alternative to excel sheets and absence forms

As we were looking for an alternative to our absence forms and excel sheets we stumbled upon abscence.io as a really sophisticated cloud tool to manage work absences (including medical certificates) and requests for leave. Only thing we are still missing in our HR department are a sufficient cloud based duty roster and time tracking, hopefully coming soon to absence.io

Cons

User friendly tool to track absence of the teams

Absence.io is a user friendly tool that allows us to extract good reports and understand absence of our teams, regardless of if they are sick or on a business trip.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.