ActivTrak Logo

SS

Sasha S.

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

Think Twice

We started the partnership (well we thought it was a partnership) in 2020 when our entire workforce went remote for Covid. We intended to use for productivity coaching but it became too cumbersome to be of any real value. The system never seemed to work just like it should and customer service was awful or none existent. We made the decision to leave for several reasons and even with the issues in...

Pros

When it worked, could view live screens or screenshots to use for productivity coaching as well as catch behaviors like job searches early.

Cons

Customer service was atrocious. Agressive with you to get you to buy /renew but abandon you as soon as you pay. Product never worked like it should. Alerts constantly broke. System was agonizingly slow to the point it was almost unusable unless you wanted to pay a full time person to review. The data classification system was not smart - you would expect once you classify a URL as one thing it would remember it but instead had to spend hours each week re-classifying the same thing over and over just to have the data show up correct to be able to coach the team. If you want any of the features or reporting that woudl actually maybe be helpful to give you insights and save you time... expect to shell out more money for each one.

DD

Derek D.

Government Administration, 11-50 employees

From the initial download to the first use, it was so easy and intuitive.

Productivity is always hard to measure, but this software makes it easy to see what programs or websites are consuming or distracting from our work goals. I don't like to use it as a spy tool. I prefer to use it to troubleshoot areas for improvement. Or use the screenshots to see when an error or crash occurs to see the events that lead up to the software fail. This is a GREAT troubleshooter option, see what the station saw. Love that it can be accessed from remote seamlessly.

Pros

The easy interface and how easy it is to code applications and website as productive or non-productive. It gives a GREAT picture of the productivity of the workstations. I like that it can block websites as well with one caveat (see cons). I will say this blocker is 100% effective, where websites blocked by the router can be accessed using an alternate method. The Screenshots are helpful, not...

Cons

When you block a website, it is always blocked. I would like to release the block during non-business hours. For instance, if my employees want to check their emails, Facebook, I have no problem with them doing this before work, after work or during lunch. I did load my work hours into the system, but tech support said right now it an "always" block. I don't want to have to come in and turn the blocks on and off manually. Other than that, this is the best program I have found.

LT

Luca T.

Information Services, 51-200 employees

User feedback for ActivTrak

I have had a very positive experience with ActivTrak. The software is very intuitive and easy to use, and the customer service is excellent. I have been able to quickly set up and monitor employee activity, and have been able to quickly identify areas of inefficiency or potential risk. I have also found the reporting features to be very helpful in helping me to track progress and identify areas of improvement. Overall, ActivTrak has been a great tool for helping me to better manage my business.

Pros

ActivTrak is a cloud based software that allows employers to monitor employee activity in the workplace. It provides real time insights on employee behavior, productivity, and engagement. The software is designed to help employers improve their workplace productivity, reduce cyber security threats, and gain valuable insights into how their employees are using their time. ActivTrak provides comprehensive analytics and comprehensive reports that allow employers to gain a better understanding of how their employees are working and how they can improve their productivity. It is also designed to be easy to use, so employers can quickly and easily set up the software and start monitoring employee activity.

Cons

ActivTrak does not offer a mobile app to monitor employee activity on the go.

GR

Grietz R.

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 201-500 employees

A BPO Essential Tool

I would say that its worth its price. Ever since we started our Work From Home set up, managing the team has been made easy by ActivTrak. We are able to monitor our team's activities as it relates to their productivity and we are able to keep our word to our clients about protecting their data and prevent any data security breaches.

Pros

I love how it integrates productivity tracking and security in one platform. This is the tool to help you manage your company effectively especially for outsourcing companies like us. It tracks the productivity of our offshore team and generates a comprehensive report that could help assess a staff or a team's needs in their operational day to day activities.

Cons

None. I would say that the features offered by ActivTrak are functional and beneficial. This makes sense because they are open for suggestions and they conduct webinars from time to time where they provide information about a new feature and gather information about what could possibly be a helpful feature in the future.

NR

Nathan R.

Defense & Space, 11-50 employees

ActivTrak - Excellent software to aid in compliance and InsiderThreat

So far, we've been thoroughly pleased with the software.

Pros

ActivTrak gave us further insight as to what our staff really does throughout the day, applications they run, and aid with compliance.

Cons

Categorizing sites and applications takes a bit, but I don't see another way around it.

ML

Mark L.

Semiconductors, 10,001+ employees

It allows me to monitor what my kids are doing on the Internet which is invaluable these days

I allows me to closely monitor my children's PC usage to keep them out of trouble and on track with their school work.

Pros

Given the heft price I like the fact that there's a free version of the software. From a feature perspective I like the ability to see a history of screenshots and the ability to monitor usage real-time. I also like the new feature that was recently added that allows me to easily exclude people I do not want to monitor. Another really great thing about this product is not the product itself, but the technical support team that supports it. The quality of help I received and the timeliness of responses was absolutely awesome!

Cons

The thing I like least is the price. As a non-business user I'd be willing to pay a reasonable price for the software, but the current price is simply way too high for the ability to monitor my children's PC usage. Sure, it's important to me as a parent, but not at the current price. I have mentioned this software (as well as other phone monitoring software) to other parents and I'm confident if...

BS

Brandon S.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Best Monitoring Software, Period.

Quick and easy reporting about employee activity on work computers. Specifically, productivity, activity log and real time screen viewing.

Pros

ActivTrak does everything you need and nothing you don't. It's user friendly, visually appealing and robust. Additionally, they release the most updates of any related software. I have tried more than six applications for this purpose and theirs is the best.

Cons

The software has a tendency to create multiple "users" (people you are tracking) for the same person. One record for the computer, another for their associated Windows/Chrome identity and sometimes others if they have multiple user accounts on the same computer. This can cause you to have 3 or more user records to track for a single person. You can group them together and use an alias, which is great, but the overall number of users reporting will affect your billing plan.

JP

Jose P.

Law Practice, 11-50 employees

The paid service is worth every penny, and the free trial saved me thousands of dollars

Increased employee productivity and decreased employee turnover. Our employees know we monitor their workstations, so they behave and don't misuse our IT resources. That's one less reason to fire them.

Pros

Easy of installation and use, cloud hosting, and browser access from anywhere in the planet. The price is also reasonable. The free trial saved us thousands of dollars in wasted wages. We suspected that one young law clerk was squandering our time and resources because of his low productivity. Three hours after we started monitoring his workstation (with the free trial) we fired him on the spot. We then implemented ActivTrak firm-wide (with prior announcement) and everyone is being honest on their workstations. Trust but verify.

Cons

I wish we could adjust the speed of the screenshot "slide show". It's painfully slow right now. Also, allow us to name the rules. Some of the rules can get convoluted, and two months later we forget what they're supposed to do. Other than those nitpicks, I think this software is brilliant.

EH

Eddy H.

Automotive, 1,001-5,000 employees

Keep an eye on problematic employees

We mostly use it to track the activities of problematic people, and help us prevent some incidentes and bad use of the computers and keep safe information of our customers.

Pros

It is a great way to see how your team spends their shifts, if you have problematic people you can see what they are doing by installing an invisible client, this way you can ensure that your equipment is not being missused.It has great reporting capabilities.

Cons

It sometimes does not updates as intended and it can be a bit problematic to delete the client if you want to be secretive.

DC

David C.

Insurance, 11-50 employees

Stay far, far away

Nightmare.

Pros

There is really are no pros to this software.

Cons

I would not recommend ActivTrak to my worst enemy. Good luck trying to cancel it when it does not work for you. I tried cancelling it and they wouldn't so I cancelled the card and now they are trying to send me a bill for a month I was not even using the software. Finally had to turn them over to our legal counsel today.

Hi, David. We have a cancellation form we'd like to share with you by putting you in touch with our team. Just email support@activtrak.com and we can get you going in the right direction! Once you fill it out, the team takes it from there.

Richard R.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

My opinion

I'm very happy, never run in any error and the agent program is constantly updated

Pros

ActivTrak is a powerful tool for businesses. You can watch live the efficiency of every employee, if and were their are wasting their time on internet and very discreet. You have all the data in a simple web page with a lot of option and statistics for every user.

Cons

The first time you login in the dashboard, its a little weird and you need some time to find everything, how to activate account and change the settings. The installation while is very fast and easy, sometimes is blocked from antivirus programs

Nathaniel G.

Financial Services, self-employed

ActivTrak for Family Monitoring

Overall, it's been simple and easy to install and it doesn't seem to have any performance hit on the computers. Still working out some kinks in how to actually get exactly the info that I need, however.

Pros

ActivTrak is easy to install, free (for my use), and lightweight. I have it installed on the family computer so that I can track my kids' time and then categorize it. We have a system where they get rewards in the form of poker chips and then can spend them on things... like screen time. But I need to be able to differentiate between when they are on their computers doing something worthwhile (like Khan Academy) for which they are not charged any chips and then they are watching YouTube videos or playing Fortnite. That's what ActivTrak let's me do.

Cons

It took me a while to figure out how to get the kind of reports that I wanted out of the system. (I tried making my own based on the logs, first, and that didn't go well at all.) There are still segments of the reports that I don't understand, like an hour belonging to "system processes" or something like that. I think if I spend the effort I'll be able to categorize things like I want them to a little more automatically, but it takes a bit of effort.

SL

Sean L.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

ActivTrak Delivers what is required

Began using during Covid, with employees working online. Activtrak was able to provide necessary metrics to Line managers, to ensure that operations continued to run efficiently. We continue to use the platform, due to the valuable performance data delivered.

Pros

Provides tracking & monitoring of employee activity & productivity efficiently.Helpful insights are provided to line managers to address concerns before they become an issue.

Cons

Cost - Reductions would be appreciated, but I suppose you get what you pay for & the service is delivering as promised

Thanks for taking the time to review us, Sean! Happy to hear that ActivTrak is helping with your team's productivity.

BB

Brandon B.

Out of all the systems, we tested. ActivTrak was the most user-friendly and best overall.

Increase productivity in the office and hold my employees accountable.

Pros

The software allows you to see real-time screenshots of the users your tracking. It can also block certain websites and show a pop-up. It has very advanced features but the overlay of the system is completely easy to use anyone can understand it. You can set up alarms to notify you of "unproductive" websites being viewed and with this feature we have 100% reduced the amount of unproductive website viewing.

Cons

The only con we have with this program is that you are not able to have a constant live stream of your employee's computer. It gives you live screenshots but not a live feed.

RL

Richard L.

Semiconductors, 201-500 employees

It does the job, monitor activities and block websites.

I did not use it for business. I use it for kids computer activities monitor. It works ok overall, since I can monitor what kids doing on internet.

Pros

1. it can save the screenshot to see what exactly the actives are. 2. it can maintain a block website list.

Cons

The website block is only working on the main domain, the root website, like www.google.com. It is better to add a sub-website block. For example, we don't want to block google website; but some game under google.com need to be blocked. Now we cannot do that.

Muhammad T.

It helped track my employees in stealth mode. I can judge behavior of my employees and keep eye on.

peace of mind about progress of my employees.

Pros

Recent screen shots help get overview at a glance about what your employees doing. One can monitor from anywhere or on the go. website blocking is very easy and its very difficult for employees to track whats going on their system. For home users its free to monitor 3 computers with enough data

Cons

Price is bit high as compared to other solutions. Also paying annually is also a paid and they don't offer monthly payment options

Michael D.

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Very Good Monitoring

Pros

This is the kind of software that sensitive companies need to protect themselves, their data and their employees. The very nature of this software is stealth. Users will never know that they're being watched (that is if that's the way you want it set up). The reporting is excellent and very in-depth and detailed.

Cons

Hard to uninstall. Because it doesn't work like conventional software, the removal (at least the first time) is kind of a chore.

SC

Shane C.

Industrial Automation, 11-50 employees

Get employee productivity back on track.

With all the distractions from social media, streaming video, etc. employees can be tempted to waste a lot of time on the clock on unproductive activities when they believe no one is watching. This software is proving invaluable in restoring operator productivity and preventing restricted activities on company computer equipment that could result in viruses as well as wasting network bandwidth.

Pros

Two main features that have been the most helpful are first, the ability to easily create custom alarm triggers along with personalized popup messages to the offending PC/operator. As soon as the employees realize the activities are being watched and flagged they immediately cleaned up their act. Second, the ability to produce a screen shot at timed intervals and upon trigger of an alarm allows us to paint a clear picture of what activities employees are wasting the most time doing as well as spot activities that may not easily trigger an alarm but are restricted based on company policy.

Cons

Difficulty to find fault with this system. The only issue we have encountered was a bug in the Mac version of the agent software. Customer service was very helpful and responsive.

RC

Ruth C.

Free version works well as accountability software

Pros

Although it's not designed to be an accountability program, I've found the free version to be perfect for my needs. I can download it on up to 3 devices and send weekly emails to any number of people with a detailed report of what websites and programs have been accessed. Clicking on a website/program takes you to a screen with more details, and you can easily navigate to see the screenshots of what exactly the user was doing on the site.

Cons

The data limit is only 3 GB for the free version, and you have to delete it all or nothing, you can't keep certain screenshots etc.

JB

Jean B.

Consumer Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great way to monitor employee/team computer activity

Pros

This tool allows me to track my trainees' computer activity during training

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about this tool

Hi Jean - Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I always love to see how customers use ActivTrak in different ways - verifying attention to training is a great one! Thanks again for sharing! ~Megan

KM

Kevin M.

ActivTrak helps me monitor productivity and computer usage. It's the best tool on the market.

Traacking

Pros

1 - It's easy to use. All you do is download the program to install, and it will automatically do everything for you. 2 - Screenshots every minute. This is such an incredible feature that allows me to keep track of exactly what's going on. 3 - Graphs and data visualization for productivity. All you have to do is tag which applications/use cases are productive/unproductive, and you can get a quick overview of what the computers are being used for. 4 - Weekly summary emails. This way I don't even have to log in to check, but get a top level summary of the most important news. 5 - Website Blocking. It's really great to be able to block websites simply and easily.

MB

Micha B.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Love This!!

ActivTrak is great. It allows us to monitor employees remotely, block harmful or distracting websites, and overall helps us find ways to boost productivity and helps to insure safety on our endpoint devices.

Pros

This software is very easy to use, invisible to your end users, and the best part is that it's free for up to 3 users, so you can try it out before you commit to subscribing.

Cons

No cons

Hi Micha! Thank you so much for this review! We love hearing success stories! If you'd like to be featured in an ActivTrak case study, please contact your Account Manager and we can highlight your improvements in productivity and safety! Thank again! Ramiz ActivTrak Marketing

This is great software for the monitoring

ease of use and the reporting functionality is great, especially the full audit log of what has been happening on a computer. it even catches title bar data of when users are in incognito or private mode. this is extremely helpful, especially when you have setup screen grabbing and alerting when you have areas of concern that a member of staff is doing something inappropriatre.

Pros

Its not a cheaper solution but it is a better solution if you want more detail into what your employees are doing. It really made the owner cringe at the level of detail we can see what the employees do, he almost thought it was too invasive

Cons

We had some employees who were consistently missing deadlines that they shouldn't have been missing. ActivTrak enabled us to efficiently identify and address some of the employees' problematic behaviors. It worked so well that I actually installed it on my own computer to help me identify areas for improvement.

DB

Diana B.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 201-500 employees

Tracking and Visibiltiy

Activtrak is a great tool. During the pandemic it gave us visibility to user activity and continues to assist us daily in process improvement

Pros

Activtrak gives management and users the ability to see what they are viewing as well as KPI Reporting to track productivity of users so that evaluations can be made of how to improve a user or particular positions productivity.

Cons

Inability to import activtrack users. Upgrading to a newer version sometimes loses the continuity for a person.

jl

jose luis v.

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

Information security

This is a reliable solution and is one of our most important investments yearly.

Pros

This software let our company provide a more secure environment and add our final customers proof of that we have no "strange" vulnerabilities.

Cons

You need a lot of time to deploy and and make actualizations on the information you need to have a 100% service up and working.