ActivTrak Logo

Work Wiser by Activating Intelligent Insights

ActivTrak Reviews - Page 5

Telecommunications, 11-50 employees

Trust, but Verify -- with ActivTrak

Pros

Trust is paramount when managing a team, however, sometimes you need to verify to ensure productivity remains consistent. ActivTrak helped us monitor certain team members when needed to make sure they stayed on task.

Cons

Like all solutions, there is a bit of a learning curve when you start. However, all the benefits far outweigh the time it takes to get acquainted with the dashboard and all it's functions.

AM

Amanda M.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

Great for Small Businesses

I love using ActivTrak! It is easy to install on the computers, access the reports and use the system

Pros

Ability to see the screenshots and see what the staff are doing in real time

Cons

Having to manually delete data instead of it automatically overwriting the oldest files

SA

Sakthi A.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Best Organisation Productivity management

Good Product

Pros

ActivTrak are very useful for our company to track our employees productivity and system activity.

Cons

Based on our usage and experience there was no least about ActivTrak

Daniel T.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Excellent, Easy and well worth the 5 min install cause thats all it was.

Straight up monitoring and a solid gage of what is going on within the monitored team members.

Pros

Ease of use. so simple nothing is hidden behind sub menus or complicated setup walls. The interface is is clean and crisp giving only the info you are after while being easily leading to other relevant options

Cons

Honestly i keep adding to much reporting and getting a lot of email. just dont be like me, you dont need to know everything

RT

Rowen T.

Law Practice, 11-50 employees

Workforce analytics

Pros

Ease of deployment, intuitive dashboard, accurate analytics and reporting

Cons

Some reports and dashboard takes time to load, silent deployment could have been better

AJ

Arn J.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

ActivTrak on Macs

At first it was great, but after a few weeks agents kept falling off of system. Other than that, the features are pretty cool. I wish it worked better with the agents.

Pros

Ability to stealthily install. Screenshots

Cons

Agents constantly fall off / stop reporting and have to be reinstalled. Worked with kind support but problem still persists, making product unreliable. Tried removing anti-virus completely and it still happened.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

An effective way to keep an eye on the PC.

I really like how simply I can sign up and set it up and get started. Notification and taking a break is essential for my work. I installed to all my pc and it's all being watched.

Pros

I like how simple it is to configure and use. It is very effective to track all the activity of my pc. With time tracking I can see how I did all my work but there is no way to find out what application I use is wasting my time. Active track helps me to give me an overall report on how my work and entertainment, throughout the day. I highly recommended this if you think your time is being wasted and don't have a solid explanation.

Cons

The app does take some ram and shows some annoying notifications while gaming. I think you should create a lite app for this purpose.

RJ

Rainie J.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Easy to use and effective productivity monitoring

We have had several employees who were unproductive in the last year. Some were job searching while on the clock or simply engaging in personal web surfing and social media when they were supposed to be working. I was only able to confirm this activity after the employee was terminated. Two such experiences in a row convinced me that I needed to be able to monitor employee computer activity in real time so that I could identify these issues and address them before the employee cost us thousands of dollars in lost funding and missed opportunities. Since we are a small nonprofit organization, I needed an affordable solution, one that can be administered without an IT department. ActivTrak has been the perfect solution. Easy to use, simple to administer and feature rich.

Pros

ActivTrak is very simple to use. It is easy to install and does the job of monitoring productivity effectively. I like the screen shot feature and the ability to easily identify productive versus unproductive sites. ActivTrak also offers a plan for every pocketbook. It is well worth the money to ensure that employees are doing their jobs.

Cons

There is nothing not to like about ActivTrak. It does everything I need it to do.

PK

Patrick K.

Computer Networking, 1-10 employees

So much for nothing/looking to add more soon

Pros

I love the usability and real world application. As a small business, we were looking for something that was feature rich, however we didn't want to spend a lot at this time. We were able to work with the software and meet all requirements we had. Looking forward to the paid service when we are ready to add more users. The features of the screenshots with the program has been great as sometimes we are not sure what the application is and have used it to share program ideas between staff.

Cons

I wish that some of the paid features could be used in the free service. I know its a for profit company, but it would be even better to demo for a small company and allow us extended testing as we grow.

AE

Aileen E.

Insurance, 51-200 employees

ActivTak: My Personal Experience

so far, the best software app the company used for measuring productivity and efficiency

Pros

software is easy to us real time calculation of productivity rates and posting of screenshots captured

Cons

productivity rates are on a bar graph, need to hover the mouse to each bar graph to see the percentage

Mk

Mutty k.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Active Track

Pros

can see reporting based on user and computer, application. Websites, and even terminate if needed.

Cons

can only see screen shot of every 10 seconds, the alarms don't always work.

KM

Kim M.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

This software allows me to easily review my employees work each day which provides peace of mind.

This software allows me to preview my employees work frequently and provides peace of mind. Their productivity has increase dramatically knowing I'm watching!

Pros

I receive frequent screenshots. I've made my employees aware that I'm checking this often and their productivity has increased dramatically.

Cons

There is a one day delay in viewing their work. I'm unable to see what they are doing in real time.

RN

Ryan N.

Retail, 11-50 employees

So far it is an amazing product!

I am able to see how my staff is working and if it is what I want them working on.

Pros

I think the ability to control what each site and program should be classified as (productive or unproductive).

Cons

I don't think that I can't break up some websites like Facebook. Typically it is unproductive time but since our Facebook business page is under Facebook.com it would actually be productive.

ML

Michael L.

Defense & Space, 11-50 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Worst Customer experience of my life

Pros

some of the features were easy to use, didnt show up in add/remove programs or any signs of it being installed.

Cons

Absolutely the worst customer service of my life. Forced us to pay for software that was never usable and the attitude from the account rep was snide, they offered no help nor did they offer to help find the value on the product. I would suggest looking anywhere else for a better product/support.

cc

cynthia c.

Law Practice, 11-50 employees

Activtrak Review

Execllent

Pros

Activtrak helps to make sure our employees are productive during work hours

Cons

Sometime is can be a little difficult to generate reports

JM

John Michael T.

Very satisfied! It's easy to use!

Pros

I was able to monitor my employee real time. I can check their task anywhere instead of being around in the office just to check for their task. It's also hassle-free. This app is value for money.

Cons

We use the free version.

Pros

The price is right for what I needed. I can see what websites are viewed on computers along with some screen shots.

Cons

Sometimes it randomly stops tracking for a day. Also, once you "fill" your data space you can't select to delete some screen shots and keep others you must delete them all or you can't see even past tracking. Also, blocking only works sometimes.

MC

Miller C.

Computer Hardware, self-employed

This is one awesome software!

It makes it easier to keep track of what is going on when I suspect people are doing things that they should not be doing

Pros

It is easy to use and makes life easier for me to keep track of what is going on with my computers

TS

Tamara S.

This program is great for tracking the productivity of employees or family memebers

Tracking of all activity on employees or family members. I can know what documents are taking the most time, what projects are being worked on, and if there is any goofing off taking place during scheduled work time. I like that it also tracts idle time.

Pros

It seems to be very thorough in tracking. I am able to categorize applications and websites as productive, unproductive which helps with quick analysis of activity and productivity. The screenshots are very effective also. I am able to look at the entire team, or just an individual's usage.

Cons

Learning to get around the interface was a bit challenging, and I think I still have some learning to do to be more efficient. I haven't quite figured out how to use all the functionality.

CH

Carina H.

It helped me to keep track on who is not working and who is.

Pros

It is very user friendly. Easy to install Easy to use. The customer service is awesome. I did not have to go through a manual to get to know this product. One of your consultants contact me to know if I am happy and getting on well with the program so it is a Pro that customer service is so good. I am a very happy customer.

LW

Loyal W.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Compliance monitoring made easy.

Easy compliance spot checks and supervisors like looking at productivity vs time wasted with computers.

Pros

The dashboard is quick and easy to use. You can categorize time wasters versus business sites and software.

Cons

Not many cons. I wish historical data per user was more simplified. If a manager said I want to see employee X data for two weeks, that we could do that easy.

jg

joe g.

Packaging and Containers, 51-200 employees

activetrak review

Pros

use as benchmark for employee productivity

Cons

removal of functionality earlier this year of how active productive time and idle productive time was displayed

Cathy M.

An excellent method for tracking my time and my employees.

For myself, I became more aware of how I spend my time online.

Pros

I like that it tracks everything done while online. Also, having the ability to specify which activities are work-related and those that are not.

Cons

At first, I struggled with figuring it out, what each log really meant. Then, I spent too much time figuring out how to refocus none work-related tasks.

Aaron J.

Computer Software,

An interesting tool, great for startups measuring productivity

I was able to encourage weaker team members to perform better and see where they needed the most support.

Pros

I love that the tool is very effective and has never let us down. The interface is easy to navigate and I like the support.

Cons

The aktiv track emails are very persistent, I would rather a browser notification or less emails. Over all its not that bad. worth a try

MM

Monica M.

My experience was very simple. It is easy to use and track an employee's browsing time.

Pros

What I like most about the software is how easy it is to use. It is also very cost effective for a small business office that just wants to monitor a few employee's browsing time.