ActivTrak Logo

ActivTrak Reviews - Page 6

CN

Craig N.

Computer Games, 201-500 employees

Great for productivity tracking.

ActivTrak was a useful productivity tool before the Covid19 lockdown. As an existing customer, we have managed to use the tool to identify those struggling with connectivity, productivity and working hours. It has been an invaluable tool for our HR team when needing data as evidence.

Pros

Ability to classify applications/websites as productive or unproductive to determine productivity levels and understand workloads.

Cons

The interface can be a bit of a maze. Multiple ways of getting to the same page and at the same time sometimes hard to get back to where you have been before. Not always intuitive. Once you have been using it for a while and the data set is larger queries can take some time to return results.

ay

adam y.

it is the best email tracker in the web and i can bet my experience on that

Pros

keeps you updated on a daily basis Reminders are instant without any delays Works with almost every email account i have Doesn't spam the inbox or your clients inbox

NH

Noach H.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Activ track is for managers

Very satisfied. We started off on the basic plan and eventually upgraded to a higher plan

Pros

The video features. When I have an alarm set I can see exactly what was going on during that time. I also really enjoy the slack handle that allows me direct notifications.

Cons

I can't think of any. Everything is great!

SS

Sam S.

Did a trial run with this software - It turned out to be good

Pros

Did a trial run with this software - It turned out to be good for whatever time I used it. *The software has a simple and informative user interface. *It is easy to install on admin & host computer *It enables the activity monitoring over employees whose system the remote software is installed upon. *Admin gets statistics based on different criteria as per their preference *Admin can populate reports for review and feedback

Cons

The software setup could not be shared with host computers via Skype, Gmail or any other medium. I also experienced trouble while installing it in host computers, due to firewall and antivirus. Other than that it worked pretty well!

SH

Sean H.

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Great Monitoring

Customer Support was amazing, I accidentally deleted some very important information. They worked hard to help me to recover as much as possible.

Pros

Offers a great way to monitor employees with scheduling screenshot alarms.

Cons

Nothing, the software is great. The only exception would be the limitation on the free tier. If you go over the data limit your only option is to delete all data or upgrade.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Amazing Product

So amazing, I could not live without this product. Has made my life more efficient and productive.

Pros

Amazing tools for Real-Time Employee Monitoring. As a supervisor, I could not speak more highly of this tool.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons yet. I am a newer user to this software but it honestly so great. Hopefully I never have any cons.

BC

Brent C.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

MINIMUIM USERS AND ANNUAL AGREEMENT REQUIRED - GO SOMEWHERE ELSE

Could not test all features during demo. They require a one year paid up front commitment and 5 users minimum. Not the same company it used to be.

Real Estate, 201-500 employees

It is good product to track employee productivity

It being easy for me to view employee performance and productivity.

Pros

I have been using this time from last 1 year.It is very good to track employee productivity.Its gives employee performance track what he is doing in business hours.

Cons

It should be linked with google drive,Drop box so that old screenshots can be backed up these drives.

LA

Lakshmi A.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Perfect

Pros

Pretty simple console for performing complicated tasks and easily monitored dashboard. This has the different views for different level access makes it a unique product.

Cons

Adding extra fee storage for the free tier could help in better exploring the product and also access to screen shots for limited time would work better

John M.

11-50 employees

Absolutely worth it. Great piece of mind.

Overview and accountability of user activity. No more no less.

Pros

The live reports and the categorization of the activities. Customizing good/vs bad by industry is important. What might be improper at a bank is 100% fine for my users, and I can program it as such.

Cons

Historical records are clunky. It's either NOW or EVERYTHING EVER. Hard to just pick a day and go from there.

DH

Damon H.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

just scratching the surface, but impressed by what I see

We're trying to just concrete data behind our impressions of how productive our users really are. Beyond that, we're trying to identify processes in need of refinement or distractions that should be removed.

Pros

The ability to assign categories/productivity settings to each activity and even add new categories as needed is very welcome. There are also many different presentations of the data captured, with different point emphasized. Tracking a user across multiple machines is also crucial in a flexible team-oriented environment.

Cons

With all the options, it can get a little confusing navigating the web interface. Would love to see the OS coverage to include Linux (beyond just the Chrome plugin).

Construction, 11-50 employees

Jeremy w/ Steel-Plus

Production increased and less malicious software since we started using this software. Now I can focus on other important tasks during the day.

Pros

User friendly interface and easy to navigate. Graphs and charts are very useful. Love the fact that it installs on client machine so they are less likely to circumvent restrictions.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons at this time.

JB

Jason B.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees

Works very well.

Tracks everything lol.....does a good job of it.

Pros

It does what I needed it too; and more. I like the graphs the most. I easily lets me see what sites are being hit the most within my organization.

Cons

Probably the little pop ups in the corner where it looks like a technician is waiting to speak with me. Just annoying.

SG

Shaun G.

Great way to help alleviate extracurricular activities on the web

Pros

It's ease of use. Very simple setup, and very nice GUI to review data. I really like the time breakdown provided for productivity vs non.

Cons

I wish it were slightly more granular in the respect of actual website names visited. It gives IPs, but then we have to track down through DNS what it was they visited.

RB

Roberto B.

Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees

title your review

great

Pros

employee tracking and keeping them in check

Cons

Limit features in the basic pay, you need to pay for add ons

WD

William D.

Telecommunications, 1-10 employees

Very pleased with the service

No server to maintain or software updates to install.

Pros

Easy to use and Cloud-Based, Setup is a snap, Tech Support emails are answered within one day. Easy to use menu with lots of flexibility.

Cons

Would Like to have more reports and the ability to set up reports to be emailed every week, 2 weeks, and 30 days.

CC

Chris C.

Publishing, 1-10 employees

ActivTrak Review

The expercience was extremely great, the software is intuitive and easy to use once familiarized with the interface. The stations where the capture tool is installed works very good except for medium-low end to low end computers. Other than this, it all has been really effective and informative about business performance and how to implement new work rules.

Pros

I love it works so stealthy and seamless with the OS, allowing me to check how my work mates perform. It's an extremely valuable tool for my business.

Cons

At the beginning it seemed a little confusing to browse in the analytics interface, however it was slowing down a computer where I had it installed, where it advertised it wouldn't slow anything down.

DP

Danny P.

This is the complete tool for monitoring employee production at a glance.

Pros

I enjoy the user friendliness and ease in accessing different areas that are monitored. I also like the fact that it is constantly taking random screenshots yet you still also have the ability to watch and monitor live use of a computer.

Cons

Some communication as i had made an error with my domain as we utilize 2 at my company and even though i responded that all was corrected i received continuous emails which in my opinion were sales related. The only problem was this showed the responses were not being monitored as i had explained multiple times what the underlying domain issue was. All has been corrected and works great though.

SK

Sean K.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

It has a lot of features that are very useful for tracking in large environments.

Able to track computer and web statistics per user.

Pros

Ease of use. It is super simple to install the client and begin tracking websites and program use. The reports are very well organized and easy to read. Being able to export them into Excel makes it super easy to do my weekly reporting to the CEO of the company.

Cons

That I am not able to mark things as productive or unproductive on a per user basis. We have multiple departments and each department uses different websites and tools. For example in our collections department they use facebook to do skip traces on delequinies. All other departments should not be on facebook while on the clock.

CR

Carlton R.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Excellent Computer Monitoring Software

Our employees really watch their computer use as a result of this software. To date, we have had zero issues with computer use since they know their machine is monitored.

Pros

This is the most comprehensive computer monitoring software we have every used. We have full control and review of every monitored machine. The system was so easy to set up and since it is web based, review can take place from any remote locatoin.

Cons

We have not found anything yet that we would cause us to categorize any functionality as "least". If we had to choose one thing, it would be that ability to add users in less quantities. Small businesses need more flexibility in its purchases.

JC

Julius C.

Real Estate, 5,001-10,000 employees

Simple to use

More Productivity.

Pros

You get to monitor employees's activity and adjust controls as necessary. This really improves production when they know you're watching.

Cons

The more employees, the more monitoring. For the most part, when they know you have this, you will have less people violating.

JE

James E.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

I am a career educator and father of four.

Monitoring my wife's usage.

Pros

I like the ease of use in the interface, ability to see screen shots, ability to set alarms, ability to see history

Cons

Sometimes since I am using the free version I get too many computers/users accidentally being monitored and it locks up, then I have to reset.

JC

Jim C.

We had an employee computer use problem and use ActivTrak to monitor company computer use.

Knowing how the company computers were used and how much personal time they were being used for.

Pros

ActivTrak was very intuitive, easy to set up and use. Retrieving the desired information was simple and the provided information was complete, accurate and exactly what we were looking for.

Cons

Great way to keep an eye on our employees

Pros

Remote Installs Employees are not aware of software We can easily monitor all of our company computers and make changes as necessary

Cons

Sometimes the software is buggy and has be re-installed There is not too much I don't like as it is a well thought out program

JK

Joshua K.

Easy, does exactly as advertised.

Pros

Web Interface is great, allows us to sort through and view different machines, users, time frames, websites, etc.

Cons

Have to go manually install on machine. Not a huge deal breaker, but does require to find a time to install on the machines you want to track.