ActivTrak Logo

SN

Saad N.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Definitely worth your money

I've been able to improve productivity of employees.

Pros

Gives you the ability to automatically take screen shots of employee's screen. Ability to know what websites employee is visiting and how much time he/she is spending Works best for employees working remotely I can see the productivity of my employees and add it to their quarterly reviews. I don't use this software to micromanage my employees but it gives you an idea of whether someone is working consistently or cheating when tasks are assigned to them.

Cons

Want the ability to fully video record what the employee's screen.

LC

Leslie C.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Great software!

Pros

We love having the ability to make sure our team members are on task. With this software, there is no guesswork.

Cons

We wish we were able to have more flexibility with the productivity function per user, aside from that, it's pretty good

Easily monitor my teen's internet usage.

Pros

I love that I was able to monitor my child's internet usage, even when she was not at home, and block websites that were inappropriate.

Cons

Some of the alarm settings were confusing at first. It took playing with them to understand the wording.

KH

Kashif H.

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 51-200 employees

It is a nice software and specially they have policies which they really take care of.

Pros

This software take care of both client and worker where both of them can have a fair review of their work.

Cons

There are areas where improvement is needed. It covers the work but tracking the time get ambiguous in some places favoring clients. :)

EP

Eytan P.

Very good product I love that I can monitor computer usage

Pros

Screenshots of computer usage Lists all programs that user uses There are alerts when user goes to restricted website.

Cons

Added expense The program glitches at times and has to be restarted. If updates are made it would be buch better.

CO

Chris O.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Great software, excellent support!

I am able to accurately keep track of the productivity of our office staff, block unproductive websites, and run customized reports with ease!

Pros

ActivTrak is very easy to use, and has lots of convenient features I never would have thought of. The dashboard is easy to customize, and the website blocking ability is great! A huge time saver for this busy manager!

Cons

I wish there was a desktop version that I could use independent of a web browser. Sometimes I find that it would be easier to just have a widget on my desktop that I could take short peeks at rather than have to click a tab in my already overloaded browser.

JW

John W.

Works well

Pros

Easy monitoring overall, easy to tell who is doing what in a short time and allows a quick snapshot of overall performance

Cons

Difficult to determine specifics on occasion, hard to narrow down each individual user and their specific usage

Gavin M.

Very easy to use, quick to learn

Pros

I loved the user interface and the ease of learning it. The customer service is good and it's a full-featured system

Cons

Its a little on the pricey side, but worth it. you get what you pay for I suppose. It could do with more integrations

JM

Josh M.

Computer Networking, 51-200 employees

ActiveTrak is easy to use, easy to install, and has been great for monitoring our employees.

Central management of our users activity

Pros

The cloud based aspect of the software made it a breeze to monitor our remote workers, and centrally keep track of everything. Before our reports were scattered between a number of applications.

WM

Wade M.

Machinery, 201-500 employees

ActivTrak

Aside from being a great product, ActivTrak has excellent support. So many times, support disappears as soon as a sale is made. Not here. They follow through on every question and make sure things are done right.

Pros

I love how comprehensive this software is. It provides a detailed picture of a user's activity. We can get screenshots of their workstation as well as categorizing the time spent during the workday. It gives us everything we are looking for.

Cons

We are not exactly excited about it's pricing structure. There are so many benefits though. It is a minor issue for us.

IA

Ian A.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

I have had a great experience with this software.

Monitored the productivity of employees in a very easy manner and without making them feel monitored

Pros

It's been very easy to use and setup on our system, the quality is great, there is a lot of features more than our team needs at the start but we started using the extra feature after a while and found it very useful, the support team is great.

Cons

I haven't had any problems with the software until now, one thing i like the least in my setup that it counts administrator user in the computer as a user even tho it was just used to install the software, would be great having an option to exclude users.

MN

Manoj N.

Information Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

ActivTrak has more features than other application but its looks like an over-engineered product

Personally, I liked that ActivTrak has so many features/functionality which is really hard to be found in any other software. However, most of them are hidden as an option and you don't know until you see the reports out of it. For example, I was performing my logins and ActivTrak was taking the snapshot of my every browser window and tracking my activity "secretly". In a global culture where Facebook...

Pros

1. Features and Functionality 2. Detailed Dashboard 3. Reports

Cons

1. Default ON mode for screenshot and logs . 2.Non connection reset for ActivTrack software 3. Over-Engineered Product

NC

Neil C.

Used other for 6-12 months

Fantastic!

Pros

Very discreet and reports are detailed and accurate, I have to keep typing apparently so let's see if running a little few more sentences might do the trick. Hopefully it does I am keeping my fingers crossed so yes, I might copy this waste sentence over to the cons as well since apparently I need to fill it up some more.

Cons

none so far I have to keep typing apparently so let's see if running a little few more sentences might do the trick. Hopefully it does I am keeping my fingers crossed so yes, I might copy this waste sentence over to the cons as well since apparently I need to fill it up some more.

CS

Chakravarthi S.

Industrial Automation, 1-10 employees

ActivTrak

I like to thank [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. His email communication was excellent & Special thanks for the best discount.

Pros

Product was very easy to install and quickly it reflected the user in Dashboard. Very effective and powerful.

Cons

Just a week using the product & did not find any cons till now.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

It has increased my team's performance significantly, as well as giving me more peace of mind to manage.

Pros

Very easy to deploy, easy to manage and very effective.

Cons

I do not have to report negative about it. Supposed all my expectations.

Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees

Verified my fears of employee wasting time

Pros

Downloading and installing was very easy. Once it was in place I was able to quickly see my employee going to Facebook and eBay quite often and for long periods of time. I generated reports and screenshots to document this. I was able to log in from any computer to access this information and see what was going on in real time.

Cons

The graphs are good but the info titles are available only when my cursor is on top of them. I screenshot, clipped and pasted to get the report I needed. Maybe this is possible within the program but I did not find it.

MB

Matt B.

Used other for 2+ years

Interface is smooth and intuitive.

Pros

I love the flexibility as well as the user interface. Very easy to deploy and use. The information provided by the monitoring agent is thorough and accurate.

Cons

Have not ran into a con while using this software. Every aspect of deploying and using the software was flawless and intuitive.

MN

Michael N.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Pretty amazing, with a few minor flaws

Robust and inexpensive monitoring. For individuals with 3 or less users, Free is very hard to beat.

Pros

It's very easy to use and provides robust monitoring for not a lot of money. The interface is clean and intuitive, activity was easy to examine. Customer service has been mainly very good.

Cons

Upon installation, most computers show multiple users, and it wasn't immediately apparent how to delete the extra users without uninstalling. Also, it has been difficult to switch the default email. These were, overall, pretty minor issues in comparison with the great value we have gotten.

vK

vishal K.

Impressive User Interfaces

Pros

State of the art user interface, easy to remember process flows, Great customer service when required.

Cons

improvement required to install this software remotely. Price is bit high compared to other softwares

Automotive, 1-10 employees

Best program for your money

Trust between other partners and to see that the suspicion was correct.

Pros

The ease of use. The capability of holding so much memory. This program has literally saved a company. Making confronting the other owner who controls the books easier. There is always someone to answer your questions in a reasonable amount of time to.

Cons

Can't say I have a complaint. Program ,even free has been amazing.

MS

Muhammad S.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

Its an awesome tool to monitor productivity of your employees

Can see not only users productivity but also the time when they are highly motivated vs most distracted. Can assign important job according to their peak level

Pros

The dash board showing stats about most visited, productive and non productive sites. Screen site option of what to capture and when to capture.

Cons

Have to add each web site manually. No option of importing website list. There are some sites that rank website and put them in category like entertainment, Sports, Technology etc. If we could add list of those website by importing. We wont have to add each web manually. Uploading Snapshot on FTP would also be a great option.

MC

Melissa C.

Machinery, 11-50 employees

Easy and effective

We were able to have a better understanding of who in our office was working and who was not. Honestly, I hate that I had to use it in the first place. But since productivity became an issue in our small office, better this than anything else I've tried.

Pros

It's all so easy and comprehensive. We were able to silently install this on computers of employees we suspected were either using company resources and time inappropriately. Then I could present factual, irrefutable information to the owner and help him in his decision to terminate employees that were toxic to our network and office.

JH

Joseph H.

ActivTrak was super easy to set up and get running and it does everything our company needs it to.

Pros

I don't normally say this, but one of my favorite things about the software is the UI of the web portal. The most important thing was probably the free tier of usage. This gave us a great chance to really take the software out for a test drive before diving into the deep end. We are now evaluating the software and it is great. If we move to include more monitoring software in the future, ActivTrak has already taken the number one spot and earned our trust. Free tier is easily 5 stars in most areas, but I gave it 4 in features only because the paid tier gives it room to grow.

Cons

I really don't have many cons to mention. I had a small issue with the realtime screenshot feature, but it is new and it worked the next time I tried it. I have not added many rules or alarms yet, but it might be nice to add a feature that urges you to define frequently accessed websites etc.

CJ

Cofi J.

Staffing and Recruiting, 1-10 employees

Remote workers held accountable

Pros

I appreciate the productive vs non-productive break down of hours. Activ trak is a great tool with many uses not just "big brother" tracking, but assists the sales team be aware of areas of improvement in their productivity. I personally use the screenshot history on a daily basis.

Cons

Training on the use of activ trak could use improving. It was really up to me to learn to navigate through the reporting features. However support has been very available to assist me through all of my questions.

QS

Quentin S.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

I have implemented ActivTrak at clients site with great success. Good product.

Increased productivity and policy compliance, fewer infected machines from users browsing the web. Also has one client who identified illegal activities being comducted on corporate systems.

Pros

In short, it works. ActivTrak is easy to install and use; my least technically skilled clients have no problem using it. Monitoring has increased policy compliance and productivity, and reduced malware infections caused by casual web browsing.

Cons

My only "con" is that the free version has been so effective that I've found it difficult to convince clients to step up to a paid level.