ALMobile Reviews

ALMobile

Track time, attendance, and productivity data from the field

Review Summary

Scott C.

The reporting is nice and clean. They are easy to run the default reporting.

Crystal K.

Also, the support staff is most excellent, very fast and very courteous.

Laura M.

Daniel R.

Not ALM's fault; but being tied to Microsoft's upgrade timeline is annoying.

Eric O.

Scott C.

4.4

We're finally operating like we're in the 21st century! What's next?!

We started off a little rocky with our first locations implementation, but after we were able to work through the hiccups and the determine the training schedule & layout that worked best for us, it has worked smoother than I could have hoped. The support staff are the best of any company I've ever worked with. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] especially is one of the most patient people I've ever worked...

Pros

The product is so easy to use! I love the interface and design. From our experience, the Grid Time Entry is utilized the most and for most of our employees (in the field especially) who were entering time in excel, this was very easy for them to pick up on and there has been no looking back since implementation!

Cons

I'm not sure I can call this a "con", but there are times when the features of the software are overwhelming almost. We've narrowed down what works for our company and we've stuck to it.

ALMobile and Me

I have been working with AL for a long time. I am not going to lie, there has been times when I complained about the software, but it really was just me trying to do something that the software was not designed for - mostly admin stuff. Now, my AL servers and I have a good relationship, the only thing I worry about is running out of space, as we keep growing. The best experience with ALMobile are...

Pros

This software - to me - is so forgiving and easy to use. as long as you remember to follow the rules, and not go out side the parameters that we configured when we set the software up - years ago. This software works flawlessly. It has gone through many Penta upgrades, server upgrades, a SQL upgrade, and network changes, and we never had an issue, there was one with Apple, but I don't count that one. It does what we configured it to do.

Cons

There are a lot of Austin Lane features that we do not use, so everything that I do with this software serves a purpose. We do not have any extra flashes - so there is nothing I can point to that "I like Least" about the software. I used to think the price was to high, [and I still complain about it] but we are really getting a lot of bang for our buck with this software.

My personal experience

Any time i have had issues, the support team is right on it. Help and screen shots are amazing. The support team has always been friendly, helpful and do everything to find a quick solution or fix the errors, or just step through the process needed.

Pros

The idea each employee uses the same format is great. Duplication in training is easier. Ability to view each employees time at once and to see on my computer what they may be having issues with is helpful.

Cons

When our IT server is updating we loose connection with ALMobile. There are too many steps when adding new employees to the program. When new projects are added to the program, it takes hours for this to show and log hours to.

RCD loves AlMobile

Fantastic experience. We have been using this software for a long time now, well over ten years. I wouldn't trade this system for anything else on the market. it has been a blessing. Implementing this system kept us from having to add a headcount to accounting, it saved us so much time. It is easy for our field team to use, which is huge. The support staff is awesome. You just can't get better value for your money.

Pros

This software is super easy to use and it was easy to implement. Our field can use this time entry system with little assistance from the back office. The reporting is good, and editing is simple. I was able to free up six or seven days of my payroll coordinators time when we went from manual time entry to Almobile. This kept me from having to hire another person to help me in accounting. Also, the support staff is most excellent, very fast and very courteous!

Cons

We do have a minor issue with a few users who seem to be allocated all jobs all of time for some reason. I'm sure it something we are doing wrong, I just haven't figured out what it is. There is literally nothing I can complain about with this software.

Successfully Tracking Field Labor on Projects / Tasks

Excellent ! ! ! The product does what we need it to do! Whenever we do experience some sort of challenge (which happens with every Software Product that I have ever supported) - The Support staff at Almobile are some of the best in the business . . . Shout out to Almobile Support Rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] - She ROCKS ! ! !

Pros

The Software does a great Job allowing Foreman and Superintendents to track time spent by construction workers out in the field. The platform works on both Microsoft and Apple products (especially iPhones and iPads). this versatility makes this product a top choice as a toll to capture Time Punch data!

Cons

Nothing about the canned product - It took some time working out some of the Customizations that were implemented by choice - However, the Almobile Support TEAM is AWESOME! Whenever we report a problem - they are all over it! Jumping in to help resolve our issues always in a professional and Timely manner . . .

Outstanding Technical Support

Capturing all employee time from multiple job sites has been streamlined using this product. We were able to move completely away from manual paper timesheets, even for users who were initially reluctant to use new technology.

Pros

This product makes it easy to add/subtract users, and is streamlined in a way that makes training new users quick and efficient. I realize this is not software specific, but one of the things I like most about ALMobile is the supporting staff who help when we have issues arise or questions about troubleshooting. A++ for your team.

Cons

1. Reporting capabilities could be better. 2. In grid time entry - entering time for a team is very tedious if there is certified rate pay involved where each member of the crew may need a different pay rate - it simply isn't possible, which then means the foreman have to make individual entries for each team member, defeating the purpose for the grid entry.

Thank you for the review. As a follow up from this comment, I'm glad we were able to show you how ALMobile's Grid Time Entry eliminates the need for a foreman to make individual entries for each team member if you're tracking individuals' certified rates.

Easy & Efficient

The Technical Service team has been very helpful with implementing fixes to importing glitches. They also are very rapid in their follow ups to submitted tickets. I really like that the Austin lane listens to their clients and users when it comes to the future of the software, and they vote on a biannual basis on the new major updates to the functionality of the software to make sure the software is customized to our needs right now rather than assuming what we all need.

Pros

The Grid Time Entry. We have seen many of the skeptical employees flip due to the ease of the Grid Time Entry function. We have recently deployed Austin Lane to Project Managers and Estimators, and we will soon be other administrative shared services. Our field employees find utilizing this method to be much more efficient for the numerous amount of job numbers and cost codes they use on a daily basis for their crews.

Cons

Many of my MWC user's locations reset to "Default Location" on a regular basis. I get constant request to reset passwords or assist with logins due to this occurrence.

ALMobile Time and Expense Entry and Tracking

The team at Austin Lane are very responsive and helpful. When we installed a major update, they had a trainer go to some of our locations. This allowed us to roll out the update and train users in several locations at once, speeding up the rollout. The Support Team is very responsive, and is good about following up after a call to be sure we're good to go.

Pros

The mobile web client is very easy for our Field Partners to use. It makes entering time for their crews more efficient and more accurate. Time is rolled up for approval by Project before being sent for final review by Location. The integration configuration is very flexible, and the ALMobile team worked with us to make sure the data collected fits our Project Management/Job Cost system. As our system has changed over time, ALMobile has worked with us to update the integration. The Development team is constantly working on performance enhancements as well as new features.

Cons

There's a service that occasionally hangs, preventing reports from being delivered to the web clients. It's a very minor deal. I suspect it's related to updates getting applied that cause a server to re-boot overnight.

Time Reporting Game-Changer

Pros

Ease of use for our field teams to report time on a daily basis, regardless of location or circumstance. Time grid entry feature resulted in a 90% reduction in time reporting administration. Dynamic interface with Sage 300 makes the product a perfect fit for our environment. Ad-hoc reporting is simple and easy to use, powerful exception-based reports allow for high-level review. We have a single Payroll Administrator who processes weekly payroll for 1,500 employees across 4 states - usually done by Wednesday mid-day. Complete ownership by Founders - Austin stays involved and solicits real feedback to make product better.

Cons

The software has met our expectations and we do not have any notable issues.

Good project management tool

Pros

As complete tracking is possible via the app, it improves productivity

Cons

App can have a more attractive interface which will make things easier and faster

Trident HR / PM

The job reporting is very useful for job costing analysis. We're now able to get time processed on a weekly basis. All hourly employees are now using ALMobile. (previously Office personnel were still manually tracking time). We're at the early stages of implementing supervisor approval which will streamline our time and attendance processes. Customer Service is always available to assist when needed. They include Trident in the solution process. Always feel like we are working together to solve the troubleshooting issues.

Pros

The reporting is nice and clean. They are easy to run the default reporting.

Cons

Early stages - did not include past historical data - had to pay for that feature. There are several features and functions that would improve on the default capabilities. Various processes are tedious - for instance, a password must be entered for each time edit from the kiosk. This makes power outages and time edits a very long process.

ALMobile Time Entry

We have had the software right at a year and I would not consider going back!!! I really like the program and the efficiency of it, however it has taken several months to get to this point, and still not 100%.

Pros

The format is very easy for our superintendents to follow. We are only using the time entry at this time. Time approval is as easy as a click of a button. Exporting time into our accounting software is very easy. It takes the typos out of the equation and processing our weekly checks if very smooth. We do use the corporate groups so maintaining crews is getting easier. Exporting data or review data is easy.

Cons

Original training was not what I expected. I felt the sales department and training personnel didn't listen to what we wanted. The setup of new users has been a constant challenge, however it is getting better - Support is there to help. Updates are not a seamless as I would expect. Sometimes, an update creates a new issue, which can take a while to resolve.

ALMobile

It is very easy to use . I like that ALMobile integrates well with our payroll and general ledger platforms. A good match for us!

Pros

This software was already in use when I came onboard, so I can't speak to the installation/testing process. I am a desktop user. I have trained with the field teams that use the Mobile Web Client. It is very user friendly and intuitive!

Cons

This software is very easy to use, running reports is easy and provides all the details I need to review/edit time entries. The only thing on my "wish list" would to be able to advance the date and times without having to use the drop downs. A minor thing for me!

Great Time-Keeping App

The support is AWESOME! First class! They know our team and we know them. You can't put a dollar amount on getting to talk to real people who you know and know you when you have a problem. They follow up and want to not only fix the problem, but understand the problem in order to avoid it in the future.

Pros

The ease of putting in hours to any job. The ability to have multiple job costs and GL accounts to choose from.

Cons

It doesn't have as many standard functionalities as we'd like. Like auto calculating O/T is a cost enhancement, or PTO & Sick accruals... Feels like these items should be standard functionalities since it's payroll related..

Remote Time Capture

One person's opinion ... this is the most effectively, professionally supported software product I have encountered in my 40+ years of work in the accounting profession.

Pros

This system, in properly trained hands, is most likely the fastest and most efficient time capture facility we could have chosen for our remote personal devices.

Cons

We do not deploy all the functionality available in the system, so do not have much to offer in the "cons" department.

Grid Time Entry is Fantastic!

ALMobile software is easy to use once it is taught. The AL Support Team is superb and very responsive.

Pros

The grid time entry feature is very useful for our field supervisors. Once the job cost codes are populated it makes their daily time entry effortless.

Cons

Amending time entries can take too long. I wish the software had a feature where you could edit the time entry in the reporting function like you can in the Heavy Job software.

SWR Review

Pros

Mobile connectivity and customer support

Cons

To approve time for employees you have to be on the Client-Server version

ALMobile Review

Processing 600+ paper timecards per week was taking too much time, especially on our larger projects. This has made the process more efficient. Austin Lane as a company has also been a pleasure to work with.

Pros

Its ability to pull data from our ERP (Vista) and to run offline without an internet connection. The Grid Time Entry screen and process if pretty easy after a little practice.

Cons

Ad-hoc report interface and direct reports screen freezes or is slow. I would also prefer if approvers could approve using the web client instead of having to switch over to the workstation client. It is also a little confusing for foremen to have to switch to the other time entry screen (if they are using the grid time entry screen to enter time) in order for their crew to sign/approve their own time.

AlMobile time collection software

Software is very flexible and is easy to use. Support is always great. It provides the most accurate method of recording time and is efficient because time is only keyed once. It interfaces very well with our ERP(eCMS from Computer Guidance).

Pros

Flexibility and ease of use. Mobile entry is fast and accurate. The software is easy to deploy on the mobile devices.

Cons

Approval of time can be somewhat confusing at first.

ALMobile is Great!

Great customer service, you call and they get right on it. They check to see if someone is available right away if not they call you back and it does not take long for someone to contact you.

Pros

This software integrates great with our construction software Starbuilder it makes payroll a lot easier.

Cons

the only thing is that our vacation time has to be enter manually it does not transfer.

ALM - easy Time software

Support from ALM is awesome. The people are knowledgeable and very friendly. 2 hour turn arounds are the norm. This is execeptional.

Pros

It is actually pretty easy to use. We have customized it extensively with filters for importing the data we want to see from our ERP system.

Cons

It can be a little expensive when removing licenses and then adding the back in if necessary.

CVC Holding Corp

Excellent- really like dealing with everyone in the organization from the developers to the support persons

Pros

Support is excellent. Company is willing to work with the client to make sure integration is successful

Cons

California labor law is so complex and we are trying to account for some variables that currently are not offered.

Corporate Controller

This company stands behind its product. They are always there when you need them.

Pros

Flexibility between G & A, Job Cost and Mechanic Wages. Also verify helpful to collect equipment usage.

Cons

License setup is confusing. Time approval needs more layers.

Solid!

We have been a customer for many many years (almost since inception) and they have always helped us in anyway we have asked and are 101% customer satisfaction driven.

Pros

Ready to work right out of the box, and then it is completely customizable for any condition or need.

Cons

Not ALM's fault; but being tied to Microsoft's upgrade timeline is annoying.