ApplicantPro Reviews

4.65/5 (329 reviews)

Warren Friesen

Great Value for ATS Platform

Reviewed 2019-11-18

The support staff makes it enjoyable to ask questions, and they're very quick to respond and address the issue. Their screen shot video clips make it clear what I need to do to change the site, or add users, or just track the numerous jobs' traffic flow.

Pros
AppPro is constantly innovating new featured to introduce to the product, which adds ease of use and targeted advantage to the user, i.e. applicant. My job of talent acquisition is made much easier because of this platform. The price-point of our service makes it affordable for our mid-sized and growing marketing company.

Cons
Initially it was difficult to get hiring managers to adopt fully all of the functionality. But AppPro is enhancing the product continuously and making its ease-of-use intuitive and engaging.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Warren, Thank you for taking the time to review our software. We love that your job has been made easier by using it and that it is affordable at the same time. We're happy to hear that our Support Team has made your job more enjoyable while helping with your questions.
We're happy to hear that your hiring managers are beginning to get fully engaged in the system. If there is anything we can do to help improve your hiring process, let us know. As always, thanks for using ApplicantPro!

Sheril Bagwell

Applicant Pro

Reviewed 2020-01-23

Ease of setting up jobs and posting.

Pros
Easy to use, Many options for all aspects.

Cons
Reports-seems to be confusing to get accurate reports.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Hi, Sheril! Thank you so much for taking the time to review our software. We are happy to hear that you find our system easy to use and that it makes posting jobs simple.
Thank you for your feedback regarding the reports. We would love to set up a time with you to go over reports and see if there is one that fits your hiring needs. You can reach us at support@applicantpro.com, 888.633.9269 or by chatting in. If there is anything we can do to help improve your hiring process, let us know. As always, thanks for using ApplicantPro!

Elizabeth Vega

Why ApplicantPRO is meant for YOU!

Reviewed 2016-11-25

After converting to ApplicantPRO and utilizing their Assessment testing, there was a significant difference in the applicants we were hiring. They were more professional, honest, had good work ethic, and reliable. The assessment helped weed out those who did not fit our Mission and Values. Our agency went from a turnover rate of between 65%-70% to 17%-32%, within 1 year of implementing ApplicantPRO, saving us over $100,000 a year per cost of hiring. After 2 years using ApplicantPRO almost all of our employees received numerous positive feedbacks from our clients, have been with us for longer than 9 months and continued to be exceptional employees. ApplicantPRO made a huge difference in our agency and I highly recommend them to anyone who is struggling to find the right employees.

Pros
The Assessment Testing is one of the best features, it helps find individuals whose beliefs and core values are similar to ours. In the healthcare industry we want compassionate employees and this assessment tool helps us find those caring individuals who are here for the right reasons.

Cons
Would like for it to pull in more employees when applicants stop applying. Every now and then we would hit a dry spell, wish you had Recruitment Consultants to better aid in reaching out to potential candidates.

Eric Stine

Everything we need and more

Reviewed 2019-07-10
Review Source: Software Advice

I am the HR Manager for a SMB with a little over 50 employees. We are a call center environment, so I am pretty much constantly hiring. I have been using ApplicantPRO for almost a year and I have been very pleased with it. When I factored in the money we were spending to post on Indeed as well as other job boards, the annual fee pretty much paid for itself. It also saves me a ton of time having to check multiple sites for applications, as they are all right here in 1 place. When you factor in the time it saves, ApplicantPRO is actually cheaper than our old manual methods of recruiting. I would highly recommend ApplicantPRO to any small business looking to incorporate and ATS into their recruiting and hiring process.

Pros
Very user friendly and easy to use Easily customized to fit my business Awesome customer support Assessment integration Indeed cost included, plus dozens of other online job boards

Cons
Times out too quickly, have to log back in several times a day Sometimes Assessments are not automatically delivered and I have to resend them Reports are cumbersome and hard to configure to my needs

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thanks so much for your review, Eric. It's great to know that ApplicantPro has been so great for your company! That's exactly what we want for your team.

We'd be happy to talk with you about your feedback & see what we can do for you. We'll be sure to reach out!

Ariana Groves
Director of Client Services

Julie Blauman

Every Bell & Whistle Imaginable --the RECRUITER's ATS

Reviewed 2019-07-03
Review Source: Software Advice

I am able to get recruitment reports for our executive team as easily as I can post a job. This is a system made BY end users FOR end users. Could not be happier and have no plans of making any change any time soon.

Pros
I have used many different ATS software programs and what makes this program stand out is that it is so simple to use - so powerful - and the customer service is unparalleled. In fact, ApplicantPro should give "lessons" to some of the big dogs out there....

Cons
It is not fully integrated with our payroll system, so we have to manually enter the new hire. HOWEVER, we talked to customer service and probably the time this is posted, they will have this option available. Customer service is so responsive!

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thank you so much for your review, Julie. We're so happy to hear that you're loving the system and that your process is going so smoothly! That's music to our ears.

We definitely have payroll integration options for you & we'd love to talk through that with you and get you taken care of. Give us a call at 888.633.9269 and we can get you started!

As always, thank you for choosing ApplicantPro! We appreciate your business.

-Ariana, Director of Client Services

Ira Burns

Reviewed 2017-06-05

It's a great tool, not only to track of new candidate but to sort and update working candidates. It's a turn-key system that is user friendly enough to start using with very little training. Help is just a click away and response time is almost immediate. AppPro has made it easy to keep track of a multitude of applicants with the availability of Note-Taking which you can easily review just by hovering over "notes" without having to open the file. Another great feature is "letter templates". This feature helps to cut-down the response time. Lastly, the ability to simply archive a candidates file with a dropdown or button allows me to keep by candidate list clean.  No negatives. Most of the concerns have been addressed as AppPro is always improving their system to make the program more user friendly.  In the short time I've been using AppPro, I've been amazed at the amount of positive changes made. I expect that will continue as they seem to work diligently on new ideas and improvements.

Pros

Cons
No negatives. Most of the concerns have been addressed as AppPro is always improving their system to make the program more user friendly. In the short time I've been using AppPro, I've been amazed at the amount of positive changes made. I expect that will continue as they seem to work diligently on new ideas and improvements.

Gretchen Magnuson

Great choice for those who want great customer service on a budget

Reviewed 2017-01-11

It's often true that you get what you pay for, but in the case of Applicant Pro, you get a great deal for a great price. Their customer service is second to none. I recently wanted to change the structure of our job requisition, which required help from their service team. They did the changes within 24 hours and also gave some great advice. Another big win for Applicant Pro!

Pros
It fits our needs. It's very user-friendly. We make anywhere between 75 and 100 hires per year and it suits both my needs on the recruiting side and also the needs of the hiring managers who use it.

Cons
I sometimes wish there was more that I could do as an administrator - the ability to modify the requisition myself would've been nice, but Applicant Pro's customer team did it so quickly that it's not an issue. I also really wish there was a way to mask applicant names to the hiring managers. We live in a small place and while we do our best to ensure non-discriminatory hiring, it's really difficult when everyone knows someone who knows someone.

Jess Jones

YMCA of Greater Richmond

Reviewed 2016-08-17

ApplicantPro is the best applicant tracking system I have used (and I have used systems that are much more costly). I would particularly recommending it to any small to medium company, or any company that's cost-conscious. It is the perfect tool for our regional nonprofit (18 locations and about 3,000) employees.

Pros
The pricing is great and the service is amazing! Our rep Steve, as well as the support team, are phenomenal - responsive, knowledgeable and helpful. The conversion from iApplicant to ApplicantPro was virtually seamless, and whenever we have questions, they are so quick to respond with assistance. The service and support are probably better than any vendor I've ever worked with.

Cons
I can't think of any.

Response from ApplicantPro

Jess, thank you so much for your review. I am so happy to hear that things are going so well for you. We love our non-profit clients and I'm glad you have found the pricing to work within your budget as well. I'll pass your amazing feedback onto Steve and our support team. Thank you again. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you or your team going forward. --Heidi

Jill Unruh

We've had great success with the Applicant Pro program. It has streamlineour pre-screening process.

Reviewed 2018-03-12

Not sure of all of the benefits we may have but we do have the text and email options.

Pros
Now we can text and mass email applicants. Love this! It saves us so much time. When we have a job fair it's so easy to send out a message to all. Or, for our future job openings, it allows me to email those applicants and let them know we now have an opening.

Cons
I would like the option to type in a first or last name and see the names related to it in case I didn't spell it correctly. It would also be nice to have a mass text option, to text a large group of applicants, rather than only a mass email option. The younger generation seems to prefer text to email.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thank you for your feedback, Jill! I am glad to hear that the texting and email features help you to save time when contacting your applicants. I would love to hear more about what type of information you would like to text your candidates en masse. I will reach out to you directly so that we can review your needs.

Thanks again!

Jandi Dean, Lead Hiring Consultant

John Tomko

Added Value

Reviewed 2019-10-17
Review Source: Software Advice

ApplicantPro has reduced cost and hours of administrative load, as well as increased applicant flow.

Pros
System was easy to set up, great front and back end support. ApplicanPro has added alot of value to our Company, and reduced cost and administrative time.

Cons
More automation in moving status for users. For example, not having a list to pick from, but an if this, then this is next set up.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our system, John! We are always happy to hear when we are able to save our clients money and add value to your company at the same time!
We would love to speak with you regarding our status checklist and see if that is what you are looking for. You can reach out by chat, email support@applicantpro.com or calling 888.633.9269. We will get you taken care of. And as always, thanks for using ApplicantPro!

Megan A

Great Applicant Tracking System.

Reviewed 2019-07-03
Review Source: Software Advice

Our experience with Applicant pro has been very positive. Their customer service and training has been fantastic. They respond to inquiries in a timely manner.

Pros
Applicant Pro is very easy to navigate for HR and Managers that utilize the system. It is easy to customize communication you send to a candidates, application status and notes. The dashboard and reporting functions make it easy to pull reports and data for management and board reports. The customer service is fantastic.

Cons
The only con is that you can't delete old jobs or job templates, but only archive them. I don't believe you are able attach documents to e-mails sent out, which can require you to send a separate e-mail.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thank you so much for your review, Megan! We're happy to hear that you're loving our reporting and in-system communication.

Also, thank you for your feedback on the ability to send attachments. We'll pass that along.

-Ariana, Director of Client Services

Brandon Formosa

APPLICANT PRO

Reviewed 2019-12-02

No more paper copies during the hiring process has saved tremendous amounts of both time and effort.

Pros
Our applicant pool is always full of many qualified & experienced applicants; we pull applicants from many different websites and get a good variety. The support team and representatives who have helped us out with navigating the website & making the application process more simple have been phenomenal. There are many things that can be added into Applicant Pro that go hand-in-hand with the onboarding process and they integrate perfect with this program. The overall layout of the website and the application page & jobs pages are very easy to use & figure out.

Cons
Stuff that we have not been able to figure out has always been answered in a very timely fashion and we have never had to wait and figure issues out on our own. There is nothing that we dislike at this moment in time.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Hi, Brandon! Thank you so much for taking the time to review our software. We really appreciate your feedback and love that you have had such great experiences working with our Support Reps! It's good to hear that our software has helped with your applicant flow.

Sherri Riach

My Job is Much Easier Now

Reviewed 2020-01-06

The support from the ApplicantPRO staff is also wonderful. They regularly schedule touch bases to make sure we are using the software effectively and taking advantage of changes and updates. I have also used them to help write job ads and we manage our background checks, motor vehicle checks, and DOT drug testing through the software as well.

Pros
As a department of one, ApplicantPro software allows me to easily post jobs and manage applicant flow. I can keep track of the hiring manager's inputs and what stage each candidate is at. We often have multiple people giving impact on each hire and this makes that very straightforward.

Cons
There is nothing about the software that I can complain about.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Hi, Sherri! Thank you so much for taking the time to review our software! It makes us so happy to hear that our software has made your job easier being a
department of one.
If there is anything we can do to help make your hiring process more efficient, let us know. Thanks for using ApplicantPro!

Anonymous

Bargain Product

Reviewed 2018-06-13

Great affordable ATS for smaller companies.

Pros
This is a great product for a small budget. -Post to job boards in one click -Customize what access you want your hiring managers to have -Easy to use for all user levels -Update status, send bulk emails very easily -Everything is customizable -Customer Service is excellent from implementation on -Simple system without all the bells and whistles a small business doesn't need

Cons
None for me. For a larger company with a lot of openings it may not be enough. For anyone that hires only a few positions at a time it is great.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thank you for taking the time to review ApplicantPro! I'm glad to hear that the ability to post to multiple job boards with just one click is making your hiring process easier. Allowing different access levels for your team is great! We understand that not all users need access to everything we have to offer. Our system has many customizable options that allow us to meet the hiring needs of companies of all sizes. I would love to speak with you about additional options we have available as your company grows!

Thanks again!

Jandi Dean, Lead Hiring Consultant

Heather K.

The Best Friend for Small Business

Reviewed 2019-06-14
Review Source: Software Advice

I never really know that an ATS could be so easy to use. All of my past systems seemed cumbersome and did not support my busy time frame. But this solves all my problems and the extra integrations are amazing. ApplicantPro seems to answer my needs before I think I need them.

Pros
For a small business, this is a game changer. You have a partner in ApplicantPro and just likes its name you feel like a PRO using it.

Cons
The only thing that comes to mind is that they are located in another time zone and if I need help I need to wait until they open.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Hi, Heather! Thank you for taking the time to review our hiring process. We love hearing our client's successes when implementing our methodology!
We appreciate all feedback as we take each comment seriously and would love to find a way to accommodate our clients in different time zones.
Please feel free to give us a call at 888.633.9269 or shoot us an email at support@applicantpro.com and we can get you taken care of.

Kind Regards, Mindi Barrett - Support Manager

Cheryl Melville

Review of Applicant Pro

Reviewed 2019-06-21
Review Source: Software Advice

Prior to when I started my role here as the HR Manager, there was no system that was used except paper applications. We started using ApplicantPro soon after I started as the HR Mgr based on my recommendation.

Pros
It is very easy to use and very effective. I can manage the entire process including the criminal check. I used ApplicantPro at a previous employer and specifically chose to use them at my current employer based on that experience

Cons
I would like to see more testing that can be done on applicants. There are some options on the system, not very familiar with them though

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thanks so much for your review, Cheryl. It's great to hear that you've been using ApplicantPro for all your hiring needs!

We'd love to talk with you about the additional screening options we have available for you. Give us a call at 888.633.9269 and we can schedule a time!

Princess Madison

Impressed with customer support

Reviewed 2019-06-19
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
I like the tutorials and the search function at the bottom of the screen. I have had a very positive experience with ApplicantPRO's customer support. I receive prompt follow up in both chat dialogues and emails. Customer support always follows up to be sure there responses answered all of my questions. This has made the service very easy to use.

Cons
There are great integrations available currently. But we'd always be open to seeing more integrations.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thanks for your review, Princess. It's so great to know that our Support Team is helping customers like you use our system with ease. I'll be sure to let them know!

We'd love to know more about the integrations you'd like to see! If you could send that info to support@applicantpro.com, we'll be sure to get it over to our Integrations Team for review.

As always, thanks for choosing ApplicantPro!

- Ariana, Director of Client Services

Jeremy Thole

Overall Good Program

Reviewed 2019-06-26
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
The ease of use to find applicants for current openings is easy. When reviewing the applicants you can easily move to the specific areas that you want to view. After reviewing, you can add the notes and mark the applicant for further review or not as well as update where they are in the application process.

Cons
Looking for past job postings is not always the easiest. It would be nicer if it was a little more clear in the time range of where you are looking.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Hi, Jeremy! Thank you so much for your review! We are happy to hear that you are able to review your applicants with ease and know where they are at in the hiring process.
Our Support Team would be happy to do over best practices of using the system to find what you are looking for.

-Mindi, Manager of Support

Dee Collinsworth

Great product

Reviewed 2019-12-20

It keeps a steady pipeline of applicants coming in. I like the ease of copying applicants over to other job postings, and the highlighting function is nice. I also like being able to message or text from App Pro.

Pros
Very user friendly. Has some really useful functions.

Cons
Customer support could be better. Ive tried the live chat and it takes too long for them to come on.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Hi, Dee! Thank you so much for taking the time to review our software. We are happy to hear that you find our software user-friendly. We are also happy to hear that you enjoy using our texting feature.
Thank you for your feedback regarding our Customer Support. We are always looking for ways to better serve our clients. We would love to hear any ideas you might have that would help us! You can reach us at support@applicantpro.com, 888.633.9269 or by chatting in. If there is anything we can do to help improve your hiring process, let us know. As always, thanks for using ApplicantPro!

Julie Teter

Longtime User still learning

Reviewed 2019-10-19
Review Source: Software Advice

It does its job. I appreciate the emails from the CEO, he’s great!

Pros
It is an easy system to use, if we do run into issues it does seem our concerns are heard and addressed. Tracking and reporting is difficult with multiple openings within one position.

Cons
We are on the basic package so there are limitations but we are planning to ungrade soon so I’m sure then we will be very satisfied!

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thank you for taking the time to review our software, Julie! Happy to hear that our system is easy to navigate and that our teams are able to help find solutions that work for your team.
I would have to agree with your appreciation of our CEO. We too think he is great! I will definitely pass your appreciation along! You can reach us at support@applicantpro.com, 888.633.9269 or by chatting in. If there is anything we can do to help improve your hiring process, let us know. As always, thanks for using ApplicantPro!

Rena Appel

Great Tool for smaller government contractors

Reviewed 2016-11-29
Review Source: Software Advice

We chose Applicant Pro out of about 5-6 vendors. We looked for OFCCP compliance, ease of use by ourselves and our applicants, scalable, reasonable cost, and robust reporting. We have been really happy with this product! It helped us get control of our hiring process and accurately track and document our candidates. The system is OFCCP compliant which was a major concern for us. The posting process is quite good and allows you to track where you are advertising your position - and it allows for the social media posting as well. Though the system allows for the proper tracking and documentation, we can adjust how we use the system for maximum ease for our managers. The reporting is extremely robust including standard reports for EEO and reporting for the new veteran/disability requirements for government contractors. The candidate interface is very simple to use, which was another area of concern for us. The customer service is excellent - they have a chat process and they have been so responsive when I have questions - so you don't get left hanging. For a smaller government contractor this is an excellent solution - can't say enough good things about it.

Pros
Cost effective, easy to use, great reporting capability, great customer service, great posting capability.

Cons
The initial training was a little sparse but the system is very intuitive to use and very easy. I wish they had a manual instead of the topic documents in the help area. Alot of times the topic I enter into the search area on the help page has no results - usually because of the way I've asked the question. So I wind up using the chat function instead. The customer service with the Chat function is outstanding they never leave you hanging!

Amy King

Great Customer Service

Reviewed 2020-01-06

Pros
I have been working as in HR and recruiting for 20 years and worked with a lot of different systems but never had as good of an experience with a team as the team at Applicant Pro. I wrote my rep for an explanation of a feature I had not used and not only did they send me the information but a video catered to me. This helped me make a decision for the company. Loved the quick tailored response!

Cons
No bad experiences yet. I am used to working with other programs where if there is a problem you call and depending on who answers you get a varied response. I really appreciate the support we have gotten for issues and quick response from applicant pro.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Hi, Amy! Thank you so much for your great review of our software. It makes us happy to hear that you were able to get the information along with a video that helped to make your decision.

Silvia Aparicio

Absolutely Great!

Reviewed 2018-11-13

Overall, ApplicantPro is great at what they do and are always available when troubleshooting is needed.

Pros
ApplicantPro is a great way to organize applicants and be able to mainstream the recruiting process.

Cons
Unfortunately, applicants frequently submit incomplete applications but ApplicantPro has settings to be able to request complete applications from applicants.

Response from ApplicantPRO

HI, Silvia! Thank you for taking the time to review our product. It makes me happy to hear that our product allows you to be more organized and helps by streamlining your application process.
We would be happy to chat about suggestions of getting more of your applicants to complete the application.The feedback we receive from our clients helps us know what improvements need to be made. Give us a call at 888.633.9269 or shoot us an email at support@applicantpro.com and we can get you taken care of.

Kind Regards,
Mindi Barrett - Lead Client Support Rep

Cindy Maturo

Great product and superior support

Reviewed 2019-11-14

I am impressed with the level of support that AP gives to small business and non-profit customers. Their support in helping attract potential hires has helped my organization attract quality applicants and has increased our brand.

Pros
Ease of use & the added features have helped us attract quality applicants

Cons
There is nothing I do not like other than I do not like add on costs if you are a premium customer

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thank you Cindy for taking the time to review our software. It makes us happy to hear that you have been able to get the quality applicants you need to fill your positions. We are also happy to hear the level of support you have received from our Support Team. We love it when we are able to help small businesses succeed! If there is anything we can do to help improve your hiring process, let us know. As always, thanks for using ApplicantPro!

Kimberly Her

Great ATS

Reviewed 2019-06-19
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Applicant Pro is user friendly and very intuitive! Their customer service is also top notch! For example; when we submitted a request to start using the reference verification feature an agent assisted us with turning the feature on and answered all of our questions - THE VERY SAME DAY! We have gained so many efficiencies because of Applicant Pro!

Cons
We have a few applicants that apply with different emails. It would be nice if we were able to combine profiles.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thank you for sending us a review, Kimberly. We're happy to hear that your company is loving the reference verifications and that our team got you set up so quickly!

Also, we appreciate the feedback on combining applicant profiles. I'll be sure to pass that along.